Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged]Food 4 thought/Batman Murders Covert

TheCelt

I don't really see how the theory would hold. If most Americans don't even know about the pending UN action and, frankly, most barely care if they did, what's the point.

It's not like folks are going to see what happened in CO and suddenly start demanding that the UN take action against the gun scourge. At this point, no one except the typical anti-gun folks are even asking the US government to do anything about it.

• Like 2

You sound just like the type that shouldn't have a gun

But you see, Toadie, whether I own a weapon or not is MY business as a citizen of the United States. It impacts you and your country NOT AT ALL. So I ask again, why does it matter to you? I could see having this conversation with say, a New Yorker or Californian who is adamantly against gun ownership but an Ozzie? If growing up without guns and being without guns works for those in Australia then I'm happy for you. Sincerely. I'm sure it's one less thing to worry over. So just chill and allow Americans to deal with our own problems.
  • Like 3

Just wondering if any of you are following what happened in CO. It's strange to me the majority of Americans have no idea what is going to take place at the UN vote next week and all the sudden some guy lights up a movie theatre... Reminds me of the pokidotted dress in the sir han sir han thing.. This dude gets a phone call lights up 70+ people and now we have celebrities on our propaganda machines advocating patriot act ammendments to control the 2nd ammendment... What are your thoughts?

Celt

[edited for spelling]

seems you have a gun problem.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

But you see, Toadie, whether I own a weapon or not is MY business as a citizen of the United States. It impacts you and your country NOT AT ALL. So I ask again, why does it matter to you? I could see having this conversation with say, a New Yorker or Californian who is adamantly against gun ownership but an Ozzie? If growing up without guns and being without guns works for those in Australia then I'm happy for you. Sincerely. I'm sure it's one less thing to worry over. So just chill and allow Americans to deal with our own problems.

It probably would have worked for those 14 people (& assorted relatives) in that cinema too.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

It probably would have worked for those 14 people (& assorted relatives) in that cinema too.

It absolutely would have been a better day for them had they been sitting in a theatre in some other country...unless a bomb went off...but let's not start that argument. The point is that it's an American problem and I'm not sure why it's so upsetting to people from other countries who really aren't affected by it.

It absolutely would have been a better day for them had they been sitting in a theatre in some other country...unless a bomb went off...but let's not start that argument. The point is that it's an American problem and I'm not sure why it's so upsetting to people from other countries who really aren't affected by it.

Well what can i say, some of us get upset when any innocent life is taken away for no reason. But perhaps i'm a flawed character.

I'm just saying... there is a UN vote going on next week. There is a kid that was somewhat accomplished and failed out and getting evicted that lit up a room full of people with unimaginable ammunition. Now there are media, celebrities and pundits speaking to amend things involving the 2nd amendment. That is all. I put this in Conspiracy because I figured people would feel like "OMG idiot CT'r" . I really just wanted opinions... Thanks

How this tragedy was ever tied to politics is beyond me. The guy had serious issues mentally. Everything tying the kid to the UN vote is weak and speculative at best.

I mean seriously....

• Like 2

"He said pictures from inside the apartment are fairly disturbing and the devices look to be sophisticated, adding the booby-traps were 'something I've never seen.' One rifle, two handguns, a knife, a bullet proof vest, a ballistic helmet, a gas device, a gas mask, military SWAT clothing and unidentified explosives were also found in Holmes' car, a law enforcement source told CBS News. Oates said Holmes wore a gas mask, a ballistic helmet and vest as well as leg, groin and throat protectors during the shooting."

In other words, this guy was equipped with exotic gear by someone with connections to military equipment. SWAT clothing, explosives, complex booby-traps... c'mon, this isn't a "lone gunman." This is somebody who was selected for a mission, given equipment to carry it out, then somehow brainwashed into getting it done.

Learn more: http://www.naturalne...l#ixzz21ObXjAfJ

It is a pretty good story and thought on how this tragedy doesn't add up. What do you fellow UM'ers think? And keep in mind when the article talks about "Fast & Furious, Episode II" it isn't talking about the movie, it is talking about covert American actions by the FBI as I understand. I am not totally buying in to this but it is worth a thought and a debate.

Edited by svenshoegazer

There is no conspiracy here. It requires at least two people to formulate and execute a conspiracy. This was a lone nutjob.

Disturbing enough as it is. No need to drag ridiculous nonsense into the mix.

• Like 6

Ya what boo and mule said!! I find it interesting the things people try to link together...some of them its hard to deny but others are just too far fetched.

It's interesting that the man is remaining silent about this. Also interesting that it happened on first day of Ramadan, and just a week before the UN vote.

I guess how the US votes there will have something to say, and the rationale presented for that vote....

Well what can i say, some of us get upset when any innocent life is taken away for no reason. But perhaps i'm a flawed character.

Nah, your character seems fine. Maybe I get a little touchy for being beat on for just holding to a very old and well intended tradition. So be it.....

"

"He said pictures from inside the apartment are fairly disturbing and the devices look to be sophisticated, adding the booby-traps were 'something I've never seen.' One rifle, two handguns, a knife, a bullet proof vest, a ballistic helmet, a gas device, a gas mask, military SWAT clothing and unidentified explosives were also found in Holmes' car, a law enforcement source told CBS News. Oates said Holmes wore a gas mask, a ballistic helmet and vest as well as leg, groin and throat protectors during the shooting."

In other words,

this guy was equipped with exotic gear by someone with connections to military equipment

. SWAT clothing, explosives, complex booby-traps... c'mon, this isn't a "lone gunman." This is somebody who was selected for a mission, given equipment to carry it out, then somehow brainwashed into getting it done."

Okay, I'll bite....

The "something I've never seen before" quote is misleading as it is without context. It comes from a press conference given by Chief Daniel Oates, a police officer with, I strongly suspect, little to no extensive experience of booby trap triggers and/or explosives. Had the quote come from an explosive expert it might carry some weight. However it did not. It's a personal observation rather than a professional one.

All of the gear that the gunman both carried and had at his apartment was legally purchased in the run up to the tragic events, according to sources. I'm reasonably sure that any of our American friends here, given around the same amount of time as the gunman had, could go and purchase the exact same list of items with little difficulty and entirely legally.

Any of us could also source instructions on how to prepare explosives thanks to the internet, hell just the other day a torrent for a PDF manual instructing how to make a semi automatic weapon showed up in my RSS and that is from a very mainstream torrent site. The point being that the global knowledge base that is the net isn't just about how to brush pony's hair and make daisy chains. There is some very dangerous (in the wrong hands) information out there and is readily available.

Suggesting that this is a conspiracy to aid the passing of a UN bill is both ludicrous and distasteful, especially given the amount of time it took for it to surface.

Edited by MAgic Apple
  • Like 2

It's interesting that the man is remaining silent about this. Also interesting that it happened on first day of Ramadan, and just a week before the UN vote.

It also happened to fall on the first weekend of a film from a franchise that a delusional and possibly clinically depressed man was obsessed with. It was also my niece's birthday. She might even have some straws left over from her party that you'd like to clutch at.

• Like 6

Suggesting that this is a conspiracy to aid the passing of a UN bill is both ludicrous and distasteful, especially given the amount of time it took for it to surface.

Couldn't have said it better myself.... and I did try early on in the thread... ;)

It also happened to fall on the first weekend of a film from a franchise that a delusional and possibly clinically depressed man was obsessed with. It was also my niece's birthday. She might even have some straws left over from her party that you'd like to clutch at.

I literally lol'd at the above.... Quote of the day, imo... :)

Cz

Well I'd like to say thank you for all the comments. I realize the concept might be a bit outside the box but I did not intend to offend or disrespect anyone, I assure you. I also want to say that I believe many of you think my post is political in nature but that couldn't be further from the truth. Take some time and digest it and you will realize no matter what side of the political fence you look at, it seems they are nothing more then a joke. I appreciate the criticisms along with the dialog.

I do have to say that I think it is a bit naive to think that the CIA/Military complex can put up operations in oil rich companies under the guise of inoculating the public from infection to take out 1 single man, but they can't perform covert action on the public to get things to happen the way they see fit. At the same time we grumble because North Korea uses propaganda to control it's people (among several other methods, make no mistake), and we can't fathom how that population could fall for such a thing (were the good guys right)? If you have been paying any attention over the last 13 years several things have happened, one of which, being giving the United States intelligence agencies unprecedented freedom to operate as they wish. This is evident and apparent when the head of the CIA can refuse to hand over any documents on what they are actually doing with the drug lords in Mexico. Yes they can refuse giving information to our government without penalty... he says no, and that's that, legally.

On the same front, the US population has been welcoming the extra measures to "Protect" them against bad people. There has been several unprecedented moves to violate the individuals privacy, rights, travel, freedoms, and expressions. Our populace actually welcomes it and allows it. We sit complacent because it doesn't affect us at our current stage of life.

I do understand how making light of these things can be met with resistance, but I was simply throwing out something to see what the community thought. I also want to point out that you are on a forum about Aliens, Ghosts, Religion, Wizardry, Folklore Creatures, etc... , but this is over the top for you to think of. It is interesting how much passion you all have for what you see and hear. And I do apologize if anyone is offended, or feel like I targeted them when I made a simple post.

Sorry for the wall'O'text,

Celt

• Like 1

Obviously, you are exactly right on that point.

I am still neutral on whether this guy was acting entirely on his own, or if he was some sort of MKUltra creature.

If we ever get to see his medical history, that might shed light on the matter. Some are saying he was taking heavy Vicodin, but who knows at this point? Not I.

Government controls the media, broskis. Propaganda has been used to mislead and manipulate for years. In other words, listen to your grandparents, and don't believe everything the news says. After all, they are constantly having to correct their stories.

There is no conspiracy here. It requires at least two people to formulate and execute a conspiracy. This was a lone nutjob.

Disturbing enough as it is. No need to drag ridiculous nonsense into the mix.

Lone?

Well that's not what the people who where there are saying.

Someone opened the Emergancy exit for him to enter and others are saying another Gun man came formt eh other way throwing a second cannister.

I'm not saying there is a conspiracy but if people who where actually there and know more than me or you are syaing there was 2 or 3 people involved then we aren't exacvtly hearing an accurate report fromt he media are we?

WERE THE BATMAN MURDERS A COVERT OP?

By Jon Rappoport

July 24, 2012

[some of the questions Jon Rappoport raises are]:

How did the shooter get into the theater? Clad in black, wearing body armor, carrying several weapons, he buys a ticket and walks in with everyone else? Authorities suggest he came through a side door. If so, how did he know the door would be unlocked? After a few months of meticulous planning, he simply hoped it would be?

After killing scores of people and wounding others, the first-time shooter was calm? How could this be? Well, drugs would enter the equation. What drugs? Vicodin. Others? Where were these drugs obtained? Who wrote the prescriptions? Where is the doctor? Why have we heard nothing about a doctor? What, exactly, going back into childhood, is Holmes’ pharmaceutical history?

One oddity about the investigation of the killings: the FBI presence is minimal. We don’t know what the FBI is doing behind the scenes, but by contrast, in the 1999 Columbine massacre the FBI was all over the scene in a very visible way. They interviewed witnesses, processed evidence, and made public statements. Here, they’re in the background. Why?

Read more

I do feel bad for the victims families, but nowadays

nothing suprises me where govenments are concerned

Thanks, look forward to seeing what others have to say.

• Like 1

Again I say I don't normally get involved with conspiracy topics and I know the insults wil be coming but, this story just feels wrong. But like I always say to others, not everything has to be a conspiracy, right?

• Like 2

um wow. ok. lets make the whole thing a conspiracy, shall we... not saying it is or isnt true, but jeeze, id hope not. and wow just wow lol

Lone?

Well that's not what the people who where there are saying.

Someone opened the Emergancy exit for him to enter and others are saying another Gun man came formt eh other way throwing a second cannister.

I'm not saying there is a conspiracy but if people who where actually there and know more than me or you are syaing there was 2 or 3 people involved then we aren't exacvtly hearing an accurate report fromt he media are we?

The police in Colorado have officially said that there is no "second person of interest", you know that, right?

Cz

The police in Colorado have officially said that there is no "second person of interest", you know that, right?

Cz

So the police are saying this, when there is VIDEO footage of the people who where actually in the cinema... Saying otherwise?! LOL Fair enough the police said it, the police have a bad track record for not telling the truth. I'll beleive the people who where actually there thanks.

Just to prove my point, the police said Ruby Eugine WAS on "Bath Salts" when he chewed that poor homeless guys face off... Yet after the toxicology reports from 2 seperate labs shown that he had no "bath salts" in his system, they denied ever mentioned "Bath Salts"..........

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 2