Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Roswell UFO Was Not Of This Earth

Oh really? So your claims of knowing, and we the public never being able to read said documents was a misconception on my behalf? Do I really need to list your claims of knowledge here? I surely hope not.

If you mean the General Public not knowing, well they just didn't count. I meant that lots of other people knew these things--and much more--but not that they were widely shared with the John Q. Publics. I already mentioned that I just didn't give them much thought one way or the other.

I guess I regarded the John Q's as something like this, people who didn't know much of anything and were probably better off that way.

s100720_011-fanspg-vertical.jpg

c14ee8f5-b921-4f7f-ba69-bdb0274ede76_thumb.jpg

I am happy to be corrected when I am wrong. As I have been in the past. But that requires something on the table that can be discussed, not vague claims of "I know". That said, since I have not brought anything to the table in your opinion, lets have an example. What do you think of the claims made by Ron Regehr in his 1994 MUFON article, pp. 6-9.

I have heard of him but never really looked into his work in any detail. If you were to ask me a general question whether satellites ever pick up UFOs or unidentified things, then I'd say that of course they do. Everything has picked up UFOs at one time or another, although as far as I know many of the so-called "fastwalkers" turned out to be our own spy planes, some of which are still classified.

It's like everything else, and the main question is to separate out the genuine unknowns from the known (or knowable) unknowns. But yes, true UFOs have been picked up ever since the the first satellites were ever invented. One thing that surprises me is that so few people have ever asked the question whether our own spy planes have ever picked up UFOs or had "encounters" with them at high altitudes. Certainly they have, going back to the 1950s when the first spy planes were ever flown.

By the way, were you weighing in on that big MUFON debate in some way?

Edited by TheMacGuffin

If you mean the General Public not knowing, well they just didn't count. I meant that lots of other people knew these things--and much more--but not that they were widely shared with the John Q. Publics. I already mentioned that I just didn't give them much thought one way or the other.

I guess I regarded the John Q's as something like this, people who didn't know much of anything and were probably better off that way.

<snip ridiculous images>

By all means of respect, but that is very telling. No wonder you come across as you do.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Edited by badeskov

I have heard of him but never really looked into his work in any detail. If you were to ask me a general question whether satellites ever pick up UFOs or unidentified things, then I'd say that of course they do. Everything has picked up UFOs at one time or another, although as far as I know many of the so-called "fastwalkers" turned out to be our own spy planes, some of which are still classified.

It's like everything else, and the main question is to separate out the genuine unknowns from the known (or knowable) unknowns. But yes, true UFOs have been picked up ever since the the first satellites have ever been invented. One think that surprises me is that so few people have ever asked the question whether our own spy planes have ever picked up UFOs or had "encounters" with them at high altitudes. Certainly they have, going back to the 1950s when the first spy planes were ever flown.

By the way, were you weighing in on that big MUFON debate in some way?

OK, fair enough. Yes, I was weighing in on that debate, but since you have not really looked into it no reason to dig it up again.

Cheers,

Badeskov

By all means of respect, but that is very telling. No wonder you come across as you do.

Well, let's just say that my views have been "modified" somewhat over the years.

OK, fair enough. Yes, I was weighing in on that debate, but since you have not really looked into it no reason to dig it up again.

I read about him and the "fastwalkers" a long time ago, but my knowledge is somewhat rusty in that area.

I read about him and the "fastwalkers" a long time ago, but my knowledge is somewhat rusty in that area.

No worries, no need to really dust off that old chestnut for now.

Cheers,

Badeskov

The thing about roswell is time.....its been a long time since this allegedly happened and we are still talking about it. you cant take back so may things that are true in the history of this episode that you have to either be stupid or purposely debunking to not see a bit of a wrinkle. There was a press release, it did say UFO, It was by th PIO of the one of the bases that were responsible for securing a substantial amount of the worlds nuclear arsenal of the time so not a base of flakes. The army air corps is sure what happened......so sure in fact that they have released no less than 4 different stories for what they are "sure" happens...sounds like a sure bet to me. How could anyone not see.

I beg to differ, 4 different stories were not released, it was originally described as a disk suspended by a balloon, which changed to simply weather balloon, which in turn was a cover supposedly for a top secret balloon project, which utilised the same balloons the meteorology department did. So it went from balloon suspended apparatus to balloon. The main wrinkles I see are when others started to get heavily involved, namely, one Stanton Friedman seems to be a major catalyst for the appearance of Roswell aliens after meeting Marcel, and ironically just after Klass had released a series of papers that upset many people.

I beg to differ, 4 different stories were not released, it was originally described as a disk suspended by a balloon, which changed to simply weather balloon, which in turn was a cover supposedly for a top secret balloon project, which utilised the same balloons the meteorology department did. So it went from balloon suspended apparatus to balloon. The main wrinkles I see are when others started to get heavily involved, namely, one Stanton Friedman seems to be a major catalyst for the appearance of Roswell aliens after meeting Marcel, and ironically just after Klass had released a series of papers that upset many people.

Roswell is such a Tale of Tales that no one will ever find anything out thats the truth ! My best guess is that its really a Government missdirect of Info to make people believe in dis- belief! So in that case a job well done !

He did get into a lot of trouble with the feds because of that "orgone machine", didn't he? From what I've read, he was always a confirmed believer in ETs, but that wasn't so unusual among intellectuals in his circle.

yes, it was particularily sad that he fled germany during the war to escape the nazis just to end up arrested, his lab being destroyed and his books burned in the US in the 1950s...Other nutjobs than myself say he simply knew too much...;)

• Like 1

Roswell is such a Tale of Tales that no one will ever find anything out thats the truth ! My best guess is that its really a Government missdirect of Info to make people believe in dis- belief! So in that case a job well done !

I could not agree more. It is all the people who claim to have the truth about Roswell that I would be wary of. I doubt there is much truth left in the many tales that abound.

Believe in dis-belief!! :lol::tu: They certainly accomplished that if it was their goal!

<snip>

c14ee8f5-b921-4f7f-ba69-bdb0274ede76_thumb.jpg

Hey, did you steal my profile pic off of Facebook?

Edited by Captain Zim

Hey, did you steal my profile pic off of Facebook?

I just thought it was funny, a guy with cans stuck to his head, or maybe they are really antennas.

21701757_them_lg.jpg

"THEM!" i just saw it yesterday!!!

• Like 1

Wow, 35 pages! Not reading past the OP ibut my first inclination was to look up Brandon Chase and quickly found he has authored a Sci Fi book.

Not being cynical, just realistic.

No idea what the gist of this tome of a thread contains but I can imagine.

Occam seems to have run out of things to say after calling me a Walter Mitty type. For those who haven't read the James Thurber story, the 1947 movie starring Danny Kaye is considered the classic version.

9135-16831.jpg

And this was Mrs. Eunice Mitty.

813-16831.jpg

Whenever she starts talking, poor Walter just checks out of reality again, but I don't think that my situation is similar.

Edited by TheMacGuffin

Wow, 35 pages! Not reading past the OP ibut my first inclination was to look up Brandon Chase and quickly found he has authored a Sci Fi book.

Not being cynical, just realistic.

No idea what the gist of this tome of a thread contains but I can imagine.

I agree with you on that one but you have to remember

most fiction is based on some facts....you just have to find them

easier said then done

Some real people in the know try to lead you to the facts.

What a tangled web you weave when you first start todeceive is true.

Imagine it being governments, people, kooks and politicians spinning the web at the same time for decades.

This is the what happened with the real Roswells :)

easier said then done

Imagine it being governments, people, kooks and politicians spinning the web at the same time for decades.

it works both ways in my opinion....there is a lot of "old reality" hidden in sci-fi, but as well is old sci-fi today's reality! (i'm bloody convinced that without star trek, there would be no cell phones! ;) )

Edited by Jacques Terreur

That is not true at all.

easier said then done

A fictional account of historical events is a 'what if' story.

The juxtuposition of a Sci Fi story onto a true story, incorporating the popular conspiracy theory, creates an illusion of credibility.

That is not true at all.

I think of people like Sir Arthur C. Clark as an example .....RAF, inventor, scientist, satelite technology, communications, ect. Funny he started writing in 1947 and ended up being known more for his science fiction like 2001 a Space Oddessy.... I'm sure some of his inspiration in writings was from factual things he was exposed to during his scientific and military career and he let his imagination of "what if" run wild.

If you ever read Tesla's writings, experiments, innovative theories, space/time travel and check it out, .. Star Trek creators incorporated a lot of his work as well as other scientists with fantasy before they started the production. We hear the name Roddenberry but not the people who gave him inspiration unless you look for it.

You need to find out the inspiration of a FEW of the sci-fi writers that hold some hidden facts within their theories and fantasies.

People "in the know" aren't permitted to write books about certain subjects but they can contain the subject if it's hidden in "way out" fiction or fantasy.

Just like Rosswell story, It doesn't make the fantasy surrounding it real. Rosswell's fact is there was a national security incident that needed further study and most of Rosswell story was a diversion and study went on elsewhere more or less undisburbed.

Like JT commented earlier, science fiction inspires researchers and makes it into a reality such as the cell phone. There was Chariot of the Gods with some compelling research and then there was the "god" Apollo episode of Star Trek which inspired a lot of ancient alien theorists to increased fantasy and fiction as well as some genuine research.

You have to research deeply to really connect the dots since there is so much theory, fantasy and outright BS mixed with a few facts. Sometimes the fact is harder to understand, if at all or else the fact is more shocking than the fantasies.

Edited by White Unicorn

In general that doesn't work very well with me. As I've mentioned before, if I'm lying then what am I gaining from it? I'm not publishing a book or trying to get on TV--far from it--and I damn sure don't want people like these to know my name and true identity. I'd be crazy if I did, for I already know exactly what would happen.

There is no need for them to issue their not-too-gentle reminders about that, like they just did here. They really would like to find out who I am, but it would definitely not be for the purpose of having a friendly discussion and debate about UFOs. LOL

That's not why they're here.

Untrue. I couldn't care less who you are. Sadly I have met you over and over again, just with different names. I don't know what people have to gain from this sort of fanciful story telling. As I have said before, it's most likely boredom, or disappointment in their real lives, they have to fabricate something they dream of being. Some either are, or become, delusional and actually start believing their own BS.

Well, I never have very much to say to you, either.

I'm glad that I have never given them my name or anything but very general personal information. They would be doing these exact same things to anyone who has any evidence about UFOs, regardless of what information they have. That I know very well because it happens to every UFO witness.

I will just continue to do what I have been doing,

The trouble is, when someone appears and gives sensational information about anything unusual be it UFOs, remote viewing, or ghosts etc people want to check them out, so that the information they provide may be given some credibility. If someone says the sort of things you have been saying, and then refuses to back that information up with anything tangible, or give any verifiable information about themselves or their backgrounds, they must know that anyone with an IQ bigger than their shoe size is going to write them off as just another 'Walter Mitty'. It's a shame but the UFO scene in particular suffers from this. "I'm in the know, I'm not going to give you any verifiable info about my background or my experience at all, trust me, it happened, you can take my word for it". Yeah right.

The big problem with the UFO scene is that it seems to attract lots of 'Walter Mitty' types who muddy the water. I suspect most if not all of these "ex government agents" that claim to be "in the know about alien visitation" without providing any verifiable information about themselves or their claims are probably in reality 35 year old carpet salesmen that still live with their mothers.

And furthermore, it's untrue to say anyone providing evidence about UFOs or alien visitation would be written off as just another dreamer. Far from it, I think most people, certainly those on this site would welcome anyone with real tangible evidence of alien visitation with open arms. I certainly would.

• Like 1

Occam seems to have run out of things to say after calling me a Walter Mitty type. For those who haven't read the James Thurber story, the 1947 movie starring Danny Kaye is considered the classic version.

9135-16831.jpg

And this was Mrs. Eunice Mitty.

813-16831.jpg

Whenever she starts talking, poor Walter just checks out of reality again, but I don't think that my situation is similar.

Sorry MacG, I haven't run out of things to say, I have a real life and as such don't get too much time to spend looking at the internet.