Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange carcass washes up in NYC

tapirmusic

yeah looks like a bloated rat

I went on the womans Flickr which is here: http://www.flickr.co...s/59340756@N05/

After looking at all the photos and there is a couple there which show it's size better. Like a bottle cap beside it etc. (seems to be too big to be a rat after seeing that)

I think it might be a dog. Like a pug.

The bottom jaw has dog like teeth (couldn't find a good picture of rats teeth) and the nose is similar to a pugs, along with the eyes and ears. Then the tail would have striaghtened out. Maybe even a cross. But it does look more like a small dog to me now.

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 2

I went on the womans Flickr which is here: http://www.flickr.co...s/59340756@N05/

After looking at all the photos and there is a couple there which show it's size better. Like a bottle cap beside it etc. (seems to be too big to be a rat after seeing that)

The bottom jaw has dog like teeth (couldn't find a good picture of rats teeth) and the nose is similar to a pugs, along with the eyes and ears. Then the tail would have striaghtened out. Maybe even a cross. But it does look more like a small dog to me now.

Some husband wife team out sailing in the Atlantic has been without their little boy for a while.....A lot of people take their dogs with them sailing, and mainly little dogs.Would make sense.

( not to mention many other ways dogs can drown, and wash up on a beach )

• Like 1

Ah I see you found my haggis ive been looking for that. :tu:

• Like 3

i heard about those huge freaking rats they found so it could be a hairless dead one

Trust me. If you've ever seen those freakishly huge worf rats in NYC you'd understand. There are two guys paid by the city to keep their numbers down. One drives the truck all night while the shoots them from the back. The first time is saw one I thoughg it was all small dog.

• Like 1

Ah I see you found my haggis ive been looking for that. :tu:

Ha Ha Ha lol. :clap: But I agree its most likely a bloated rat. :tu:

What about those Coypu, big rodents that get mistaken for Rats, must be a few of them hanging out in NY. ;)

If it is a dog, I would go with a cross, makes it more difficult to pin down.

Odd that with so many pictures, from different angles (paws, teeth, snout etc) no-one has confirmed what it is yet...

• Like 1

I live in nyc.It's not a rat .The huge ones are about the size of a cat.This is bigger by quite a bit.

They've said its a rodent of unusual size,a pig,a raccoon ,a dog ,but all the facts support only part of each hypothosis.

They need to do DNA. I'm going with bloated raccoon .I didn't hear opposum as a possibility,but hey,why not ,but the tail and ears are wrong.

Pigs have hooves,dogs have no fingers.

Raccoon .

Hm; is it a pig or a rat? I've got it! It's a prat!

• Like 2

Yeah looks like wood

It looks ugly enough to have been a "mistress" of Tiger Woods. Maybe it was her that squealed? (only jokin)

It looks ugly enough to have been a "mistress" of Tiger Woods. Maybe it was her that squealed? (only jokin)

funny-sports-pictures-tiger-woods-do-it.jpg

• Like 3

Now the news here is saying its a grouse.Not a common animal here .......anyone know anyone with a grouse....

Now the news here is saying its a grouse.Not a common animal here .......anyone know anyone with a grouse....

A grouse is a bird.

Hmm, I wish I had a camera because I was once on a walk and saw a strange carcass on the road. It was flattened and to me looked quite freaky.

I really couldn't tell what it was, one of my guesses was a monkey.

The people here would have had some fun guessing, haha.

Actually, I had trouble telling if it was an animal carcass or just a rug someone threw out, because it was so flat and dried up.

Edited by Lrak
  • Like 2

Hmmmm...and still nobody has thought the Lesser-Haired Hyrax....people must be slipping.. :whistle:

• Like 6

we had been wondering what happened to my mother in law

Edited by cenobite
  • Like 1

Also like to point 2 things out.

It's male and it has it's genitalia in the exact same place as a Pug or similar dog. The second point is it has pooped itself. Is this common with dead animals? I know dogs and cats do that when they are scared.

Some husband wife team out sailing in the Atlantic has been without their little boy for a while.....A lot of people take their dogs with them sailing, and mainly little dogs.Would make sense.

( not to mention many other ways dogs can drown, and wash up on a beach )

Yeah good points, it could ahve jumped in the water to grab somehting, maybe even a bit of wood. Could explain the thing in it's mouth.

True, could be a dog. Nice Job Coff. :)

Thanks.

Reminds me slightly of the Montauk Monster incident.

http://en.wikipedia....Montauk_Monster

It's on the same beach by the way. It happens a lot on that beach which is why there is a conspiracy theory about the lab on plum island. I personally think it's jsut the way the water comes in to that beach.

What about those Coypu, big rodents that get mistaken for Rats, must be a few of them hanging out in NY. ;)

If it is a dog, I would go with a cross, makes it more difficult to pin down.

Odd that with so many pictures, from different angles (paws, teeth, snout etc) no-one has confirmed what it is yet...

I think the coypus ears are too small and rounded. But good suggestion.

Hmmmm...and still nobody has thought the Lesser-Haired Hyrax....people must be slipping.. :whistle:

Where is Tailor?! LOL

• Like 2

What happened to Hyrax boy? I think Rafterman asked the other week where he had got to...

Does anybody know? He is going to become a Cryptid himself soon.

• Like 4

What happened to Hyrax boy? I think Rafterman asked the other week where he had got to...

Does anybody know? He is going to become a Cryptid himself soon.

He has a habit of changing his name. "Tailormadefrog" was the last one I think.

Tailormadefrog

Sounds like a bespoke sex doll for Miss Piggy...

• Like 2

I don't believe this is natural animal its a fake.

If you ask me it looks too perfectly abnormal.

• Like 1