Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Travel & My technique

Ziggy Stardust

OK. Well I just started trying AP. And when I did, my body got numb, my pulse was everywhere in my body and my heart was hammering. Then I felt almost weightless. But I couldn't seem to pull myself out of my body. Was I close? And any tips on how to get closer? Anything is appreciated :)

You were close. Read over the pinned thread.

im going to give it a try and tell u how it goes well once i have time.

hey guys , i read about astral travel and was interested in it, and last night i came across this thread and i gave the technique ago (first time ever) , so about 3am in the morning i woke up And i did everything said , and i tried it , i tried focusing on being stood up across my room when i was actually in my bed. not alot happend at first but after a while , my arms felt wieghtless but apart of me was like thats just my head doing that. then my eyes sort of throbbed like twitched uncontrollably but again i thought it was just me doing that. and then i tried again and nothing happend , so i read all the way through this thread and found that other beginners on here have said about the eyes and the wieghtless feeling so im going to keep trying , is there any other advice you can give me?

I've read up to 16 pages, but I'm not reading all 300 pages -__-

But guys I need some help, every time I try to astral project I keep falling asleep... Even with pre sleep, I've tried the relaxation method and the 4am method. Just need some advice to keep my mind occupied without relaxing too much, and falling into sleep :(

I think you have done an amazing job explaining the process of astro travel. I also wanted to address the people who may not believe in astro travel, your entitled to feel anyway you want to on the subject but there is no reason you need to leave negative comments or belittle someone who shared a story about their travels.

Anyway, I'd like to share and ask for some feed back if anyone else has experienced the same. I seem to get sleep paralysis, at first it scared the crap out of me. I would be totally awake and alert in my mind but unable to move any part of my body. I'd tell my arm to move but it wouldn't. Then just like that my body caught up with my head and I was able to move. I thought something was wrong with me so I looked into it and realized it was normal and not to panic when it happens to just go with it. So one night I when that happened to me I calmed myself down and told myself I'm gonna astro travel to let go ....enjoy it... And after many years of doing it little by little getting better and alittle more control of it, let me tell you ... I bolted out of my body like a speeding bullet! This is gonna make me sound crazy but i swear to GOD ITS TRUE. My body soared straight into outer space!! And the feeling i had while it was happening was like when i was on a roller coaster at the very top... And then when the roller coaster rushes down full speed my stomach dropped just like that!!. I felt scared and excited. I mean the laws of nature didn't apply like needing air to breath because it wasn't my physical body and then I was soaring through the sky above a beach and ocean.and when I came back i remember every second it felt like I wasn't even asleep I felt ALIVE. Does any of this make sense??? And I have never had the pleasure of a guide, but over the past 16 years, 3 times only I have seen 3 people I loved very much durning astro travel. I don't know if I went to them or they came to me all I know is they had passed away and I was aware of that when I saw them. They came to say good bye. The first time was my grand farther and I awoke crying from a dead sleep. I mean full tears streaming down my cheeks and shaking.

Ziggy I wanted to ask you if you felt or seen any of what I went through? And do you think it's possible if you have been travling since you were a child you could travel as an adult without having to go in a alsleep/dream state? Ive also never seen any bright lights or hear my name called or have a guide... That makes me jealous of those who do... In a good way. Besides those 3 times I saw I guess they would be Angels since they were passed on at that time I see nothing but the places I drift off too. And for some reason I go to places I don't know... Soaring over open fields of sun flowers God knows where...do you have any tips for me to have more control over my trips? Any advice and story's you like to share I'd love to hear about them so I know I'm not a crazy or alone. Thank you so much for allowing me to post a jr. Novel lol I promise I won't post any more really long messages.

still hard for me to this day because my first reaction is fear when I can't move so

G

I think you have done an amazing job explaining the process of astro travel. I also wanted to address the people who may not believe in astro travel, your entitled to feel anyway you want to on the subject but there is no reason you need to leave negative comments or belittle someone who shared a story about their travels.

Anyway, I'd like to share and ask for some feed back if anyone else has experienced the same. I seem to get sleep paralysis, at first it scared the crap out of me. I would be totally awake and alert in my mind but unable to move any part of my body. I'd tell my arm to move but it wouldn't. Then just like that my body caught up with my head and I was able to move. I thought something was wrong with me so I looked into it and realized it was normal and not to panic when it happens to just go with it. So one night I when that happened to me I calmed myself down and told myself I'm gonna astro travel to let go ....enjoy it... And after many years of doing it little by little getting better and alittle more control of it, let me tell you ... I bolted out of my body like a speeding bullet! This is gonna make me sound crazy but i swear to GOD ITS TRUE. My body soared straight into outer space!! And the feeling i had while it was happening was like when i was on a roller coaster at the very top... And then when the roller coaster rushes down full speed my stomach dropped just like that!!. I felt scared and excited. I mean the laws of nature didn't apply like needing air to breath because it wasn't my physical body and then I was soaring through the sky above a beach and ocean.and when I came back i remember every second it felt like I wasn't even asleep I felt ALIVE. Does any of this make sense??? And I have never had the pleasure of a guide, but over the past 16 years, 3 times only I have seen 3 people I loved very much durning astro travel. I don't know if I went to them or they came to me all I know is they had passed away and I was aware of that when I saw them. They came to say good bye. The first time was my grand farther and I awoke crying from a dead sleep. I mean full tears streaming down my cheeks and shaking.

Ziggy I wanted to ask you if you felt or seen any of what I went through? And do you think it's possible if you have been travling since you were a child you could travel as an adult without having to go in a alsleep/dream state? Ive also never seen any bright lights or hear my name called or have a guide... That makes me jealous of those who do... In a good way. Besides those 3 times I saw I guess they would be Angels since they were passed on at that time I see nothing but the places I drift off too. And for some reason I go to places I don't know... Soaring over open fields of sun flowers God knows where...do you have any tips for me to have more control over my trips? Any advice and story's you like to share I'd love to hear about them so I know I'm not a crazy or alone. Thank you so much for allowing me to post a jr. Novel lol I promise I won't post any more really long messages.

still hard for me to this day because my first reaction is fear when I can't move so

G

Read through this thread

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=219629&pid=4405281&st=420entry4405281

How do you do when you have troubles to go back to sleep? I woke up at 3 a.m, read a magazine for about 20 minutes, and then I tried to lie back, to close my eyes and to do everything that was said, but I would not even feel sleepy. And when I started to feel something, it was not vibrations, it was my right hand lifting by its own in the air (my "signal" to tell me I'm under self-hypnosis). So, how not to fall in a state of self-hypnosis? And how to feel sleepy enough when I turn off the lights? 'Cause I was wide awake last night.

It should not be to hard for me to achieve the astral travel, I used to be a natural lucid dreamer as a kid. And I've been reaching states of self-hypnosis quite easily. Maybe I astral travelled a few times when I was a kid without being aware of it. By the way, what's the difference then between a lucid dream and an astral travel? Since both happen when your body is asleep, and that you can do pretty much everything you want, from teleportation to having superpowers, whether it is a lucid dream and an astral travel.

How do you do when you have troubles to go back to sleep? I woke up at 3 a.m, read a magazine for about 20 minutes, and then I tried to lie back, to close my eyes and to do everything that was said, but I would not even feel sleepy. And when I started to feel something, it was not vibrations, it was my right hand lifting by its own in the air (my "signal" to tell me I'm under self-hypnosis). So, how not to fall in a state of self-hypnosis? And how to feel sleepy enough when I turn off the lights? 'Cause I was wide awake last night.

It should not be to hard for me to achieve the astral travel, I used to be a natural lucid dreamer as a kid. And I've been reaching states of self-hypnosis quite easily. Maybe I astral travelled a few times when I was a kid without being aware of it. By the way, what's the difference then between a lucid dream and an astral travel? Since both happen when your body is asleep, and that you can do pretty much everything you want, from teleportation to having superpowers, whether it is a lucid dream and an astral travel.

Not everyone's body is asleep. Some learn to ap anytime. Not me though.

A dream will always be scenario driven and usually starts with a loss of conciousness. In ap there never is loss of conciousness, and there is no scenario. Scenarios unfold just as they do in this reality. If you just sit on your coach nothing will happen. Try doing that in a dream. With no loss of conciousness, This is why those that insist on calling it a lucid dream came up with the term WILD. Wake induced lucid dream. You are conciousnes through the entire process.

Also eegs of projectors show that the EEG pattern of ap is very different from eegs of lucid dreams both of which can be studied. Lucid dreamers can send eye signals to researchers when they are lucid.

Also dreams happen during REM sleep. This takes about 90 minitues to get into after falling asleep. Even lucid dreamers. Ap happens right as you start to slip down the latter of conciousness within minutes of reaching the right stage.

Ap is nowhere near a dream as a normal dream even a lucid one is defined. A closer scientific label would be sustained and induced lucid hypnogogia. But even this would have problems. EEGs of hypnogogia and AP at still different. It really is its own thing.

G

Also, check out Seeker79's blog. Many amazing stories of his experiences in there. One of the prime reason's I started looking into AP. I stumbled across it when I first started getting interested in meditation/conciousness/etc.

I've read up to 16 pages, but I'm not reading all 300 pages -__-

But guys I need some help, every time I try to astral project I keep falling asleep... Even with pre sleep, I've tried the relaxation method and the 4am method. Just need some advice to keep my mind occupied without relaxing too much, and falling into sleep :(

Try sitting straight up, or only semi-reclined, instead of laying down. I have the same problem. I can fall asleep anywhere, so when I would try this, I'd do the same.

If trying by sitting straight up, make your back as vertical as possible, and find your balanced "sweet spot" so you exert very little energy keeping straight up. Let the rest of your body: arms, legs, back muscles, everything, fall into total relaxation.

Good luck.

Try sitting straight up, or only semi-reclined, instead of laying down. I have the same problem. I can fall asleep anywhere, so when I would try this, I'd do the same.

If trying by sitting straight up, make your back as vertical as possible, and find your balanced "sweet spot" so you exert very little energy keeping straight up. Let the rest of your body: arms, legs, back muscles, everything, fall into total relaxation.

Good luck.

Good advice... There's are a lot of "sweat spots" . Ap is "a sweat spot " of conciousness. We can guide and give advice but ultimately the formula for success will be your own.

Good advice... There's are a lot of "sweat spots" . Ap is "a sweat spot " of conciousness. We can guide and give advice but ultimately the formula for success will be your own.

Yep, I agree. Learning yourself is the ultimate task... not learning what works best for anyone else. You can read any text, listen to anyone's methods, etc. but in the end it's finding what is right for yourself.

The downright truth to it is persistence. Unwavering persistence. Naturally, there will be peaks and valley's in anyone's practice. What I have found is that during a valley, the best thing to do is keep going, because I've always been met at the bottom with something that propels me to a new, higher peak.

Yep, I agree. Learning yourself is the ultimate task... not learning what works best for anyone else. You can read any text, listen to anyone's methods, etc. but in the end it's finding what is right for yourself.

The downright truth to it is persistence. Unwavering persistence. Naturally, there will be peaks and valley's in anyone's practice. What I have found is that during a valley, the best thing to do is keep going, because I've always been met at the bottom with something that propels me to a new, higher peak.

Life cycle thinking at its best :)

Thanks for the reply, yeah ill do that, almost in the traditional meditation position ?

Thanks for the reply, yeah ill do that, almost in the traditional meditation position ?

Yep, but keep in mind it doesn't have to be traditional. It can be whatever you want. There's no right or wrong way.

Does anyone here have the ability to go into other's houses and see what is in there? If so, I would like to pose a challenge. Any and all are welcome to try and tell me what you see in my house. Or, is it not this simple? Thanks.

Does anyone here have the ability to go into other's houses and see what is in there? If so, I would like to pose a challenge. Any and all are welcome to try and tell me what you see in my house. Or, is it not this simple? Thanks.

Maby if I were your neighbor. The problem with objective varifications is sponsoring motivations. If you intend to to proove something to someone else your sponsoring thought is one of inability. OOB you are in a state of pure conciousness

Sponsoring emotions are made manifest. Some one attempting to fly somewhere out of a challenge is sure to be lost. The best way for you to get such a varificatiin is to start a practice first. Then one day you will go somewhere you have never been. Then you can go check. Besides all that it's exceedingly difficult to accomplish things without a very solid emotional attachment to the outcome.

Is it easy to astral travel if one has 6th sense??

==================================

I always trying to astral but as I get relax I fall asleep. I can't control.. any help??

Can we talk to a GOD through astral?? :w00t:

Yes you can, but you don't need projection for that. Prayer, and understanding your inner voice is also communication with the great spirit.

Of course there is nothing like standing at the foot of universal conciousness and being aware of each other. Even communicating on a personal level. It will rock you to the core.

Edited by Seeker79

How about angels?? I have a friend told me that one can only speak with angels if you are in a divine stage.. Is it also possible through astral??

Edited by secretinvader

How about angels?? I have a friend told me that one can only speak with angels if you are in a divine stage.. Is it also possible through astral??

Yes it is. Im not sure what defines a "divine stage" but angles are in a class of their own when it comes to spirits.

i remember when i was around 6 to 9 years old i could lucid dream at will. it started from having recurring nightmares. i'd recognize it was a dream, close my eyes and imagine whatever i wanted and could have flying dreams and other amazing experiences. i think that waking life pressures and problems led to a lower state of consciousness and that maybe led to the suppressing of this ability

last night i made a very strong effort to have more conscious awareness and attempted to have a lucid experience. using the 4 in the morning technique. i had a very wide variety of dreams, i remember having full clarity, but couldn't recognize that it was a dream. in the dreams i remember, i remember being emotionally overwhelmed in two of them, and right before waking i had a very short sexual dream. i only remember one weird transition phase where i should've recognized the dream. i went from shear terror to sex, almost in an instant.

going to try again tonight. if i recognize its a dream, the first thing i'll do is attempt to fly. the next step would be to say " i want to astral project" perhaps that technique will work for me. who knows i may have astral projected as a kid but couldn't distinguish it from a lucid experience.