Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Curiosity Lands on Mars

Waspie_Dwarf

It's unfortunate NASA cut-ended the Space Shuttle program when manned space exploration is in the process of complete multi-national privatization in an era where the entire human race needs to work together in exploration of outer space.

it's unfortunate that the Obama administration, and it's Congress saw fit to scrap Constellation and not continue the Shuttle Program in lieu of spending tens of millions per seat on Russian Soyuz capsules while sacrificing the heavy lift capabilities the Shuttle provided.

The only involvement NASA had in that was signing off on about 10,000 unemployment compensation claims.

You refer to manned space exploration. That died under President Nixon, 40 years ago.

Any attempt to really get it moving again happened under President Bush in 2004, but that, as all good things that the U.S. has done, was scrapped by short-sighted government (Obama , in 2010).

We'll have to start over again.

It's a completely ridiculous situation. Someone needs to be fired because of it, but it's not NASA, nor is it the partnership we've developed in the past 15 years of work (ISS....).

Don't ever blame NASA, or ESA, or any partner for it.

They didn't scrap Apollo, and allow Apollo Applications to fade away.

They didn't cancel Constellation.

It was short sighted governments that did that. We had them in the 1970s, and we see another one right now.

So the next time you speak about cut space exploration programs, leave NASA out of it.

Edited by MID
  • Like 1

A video that shows how reality sometimes is way cooler than science fiction.

http://mars.jpl.nasa...sl/participate/

True enough, Hazz! :tu:

The reality that NASA lives in is preferable to any science fiction... :tsu:

One must get out and vote .remember ? We the people ? Not just Putting the blame on the POTUS.

We do need a Real Change maker in the Big-House though ! I say vote NDG

this is a good deal i realy wish oboma hadnt killed the space program just to suport his life styal like many other things across the country he's killed out but this is all way better then thatthis is a step in mankinds futur maybe i know if i was a resident of mars an ran across this prob..yeah i'd have to be a smart ass at sum point an bend over just to show my ass nutting like a good unexpected mooning

A cool video about the rover.

• Like 1

A cool video about the rover.

Great vid thanks DKO

Edited by david_36
  • Like 1

MNN Update: The object seen landing near Gale Crater on MSD 49,269 at around 05:50:16 AMT local time has been conclusively identified by the Martian Space Agency to be a weather balloon. Due to possible radioactive contamination, Mars citizens are forbidden to approach Gale Crater until further notice. Stay Tuned To Mars News Network for the most dependable coverage!

In all seriousness though... I held my breath while watching the event on Xbox Live. I hope this really brings a younger generation to the forefront where space and exploration are concerned. It seems that over the last 10 years or better, people have lost all interest in whats out there and most dont understand the benefits of space exploration. NASA and Space Exploration have brought us many things we may take for granted today, such as: invisible braces (for your teeth), water filtration systems, scratch resistant lenses, cordless power tools and even shoe insoles... those are just a few of the inventions that NASA helped give birth to...

• Like 1

TOO good for school AIRBORNE ! THats a fact jack ! Someday we shall walk upon Mars surface !

Great vid thanks DKO

I concur with that sentiment.

:tu:

• Like 1