Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The UM Music Hall

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds.

Sorry Abramelin... Nominations are closed for this round... You can nominate them in future rounds if you like...

VOTING IS NOW CONCLUDED

Category One:

We have a tie

Pink Floyd (2 votes)

The Rolling Stones (2 votes)

(out of 5 votes cast)

Category Two:

No Nominees

We will therefore have a run off. The run-off will conclude this Sunday. The only two that may be voted on are Pink Floyd and The Rolling Stones.

Simple Majority wins and the runner up will be carried forward automatically to the next Round, Monday Morning.

SPECIAL RUN OFF VOTING IS NOW OPEN

Pink Floyd vrs The Rolling Stones.

I love both these bands. They will both be in within a month. I have to go with The Rolling Stones. They have been around for 50 years and have put out many great songs. My favorite is Painted Black.

• Like 1

Man, that's like comparing apples and oranges. Both are sweet, but they're really shaped differently to fit them into the same mold.

I guess I pick Pink Floyd for the lyrics and general spacey sound. I like spacey. It's far out, man.

If the run off ends in a tie I will just flip a coin...

What is your vote?

What is your vote?

I decided early on that to be completly fair, I would get no vote - nor would I be allowed to nominate... Otherwise it just becomes MY preferences...

edit: And to tell the truth the choice between these two for me WOULD come down to a coin flip...

Edited by Taun

They both belong, and will, but the stones go in first

You know, the mule is right. I don't know if it's allowed, but I change my vote. It doesn't matter which music I prefer more. This is the hall of fame, and the Rolling Stones are just so massive. I pick them if I can.

• Like 1

You know, the mule is right. I don't know if it's allowed, but I change my vote. It doesn't matter which music I prefer more. This is the hall of fame, and the Rolling Stones are just so massive. I pick them if I can.

Sure you can change your vote... Why not

SPECIAL RUN OFF VOTING IS NOW CONCLUDED

The Category One Winner is:

The Rolling Stones (75% of run off votes out of 4 votes cast)

UMHOM02.jpg

Round Three begins tomorrow morning.

I don't have an over 25 since I know I'm going to end up voting for Pink Floyd anyway.

But for the sake of trying to keep an under 25 category.. Foo Fighters? I think they are under 25. If they aren't, I will go for Jonathan Coulton.

And dang, it's hard to come up with under 25. Everyone is either too old, too young, or they already crapped out.

I don't have an over 25 since I know I'm going to end up voting for Pink Floyd anyway.

But for the sake of trying to keep an under 25 category.. Foo Fighters? I think they are under 25. If they aren't, I will go for Jonathan Coulton.

And dang, it's hard to come up with under 25. Everyone is either too old, too young, or they already crapped out.

The Foo Fighters formed in 1994 (from what I read) so they are well within the Category Two zone...

The Foo Fighters formed in 1994 (from what I read) so they are well within the Category Two zone...

Allrighty then..

Pass on the over 25.. or speak up on another Pink Floyd :)

Under 25, Foo Fighters.

For over 25, I pick The Ramones again.

I also pick the Foo for under 25. Having a frontman and song writer who always seems to be finding himself playing with other rock legends on stage these days, he must be doing something very right in music. Sir Paul must think so, letting him play with him on stage, and allowing him to move from guitar to drums midway. I love when old legends meet new flames, and jam. It's surreal and magical in a way.