Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Double bladed axe.

Abramelin

Abe. Almost all the modern mobile phones have got cameras in them. try getting a good one. you can ever upload the pics you shoot direct to web if you have net connection to your mobile.

Edited by The_Spartan

It's made of wood.

And the rook is connected to the 'pedestal', or what should I call that thing it is perched on? It looks like it is made from one single piece of wood, and the 'crow' part is blackened. But now you make me doubt....

It is the same size as a regular chess piece.

LOL, I even used it as 'King' when I played chess with a Serbian friend of mine.

He thought I was nuts, but I won the game anyway, hah.

Hi Abe;

It would be unusual to see just the 1 chess piece for sale..The piece could be a black forest carving;

http://www.antiquesnavigator.com/ebay/images/2011/380372648346.jpg

I dont know.....from what I can see it looks good.

Ive got a collecting bug also.....baaad... I found what I think is a small naive (jade?) carving of a seal/walrus, I doubt its anything but for all I know it could be a couple of thousand years old............or not :lol: I have to keep clear of markets, thrift/opportunity shops.

:)

Ahhh,here I am telling one of the biggest skeptics on here. When items won't photograph well,or always come out blurry,and or won't scan load et ,it usually has *something* attached to it,that isn't so agreeable about it all .

One of my cats won't photograph . All his shots look like something blurs his face . Hundreds of shot. Camera works on everyone else.

Multiple cameras,won't work on him . I have a few pieces of jewelry like that too .

heh ..

Wait a sec: this is not a photo, this is a scan. I don't have a camera, so I made scan of the rook, same as i did with the axe.

That's why it looks out of focus.

+++++

EDIT:

Heh, I think I know why you came up with that:

"That is weird: I tried to attach the scan, but the editor said "there is no file to attach, so I uploaded the scan to my Photobucket account.

And then I see the attachment showed up anyway, lol."

+++++++

EDIT:

"One of the biggest skeptics on here"

Maybe I am, but pay a visit to the "Psychic Readings" forum, a thread about "Past life readings".

The guy who 'read me' is kind of scary...

Edited by Abramelin

Hi Abe;

It would be unusual to see just the 1 chess piece for sale..The piece could be a black forest carving;

http://www.antiquesn...80372648346.jpg

I dont know.....from what I can see it looks good.

Ive got a collecting bug also.....baaad... I found what I think is a small naive (jade?) carving of a seal/walrus, I doubt its anything but for all I know it could be a couple of thousand years old............or not :lol: I have to keep clear of markets, thrift/opportunity shops.

A Black Forest carving. Now that's something I can use to find out where the thing came from, and what is maybe written on the bottom. It's just one word, and it is written (carved) in zig-zag style.

OK, it looks like a chess piece, it has to same height (although I know there are chess pieces of other sizes). And maybe it is sold apart of the other pieces because the other pieces were regular chess pieces, and not interesting?

Maybe the white King was a white dove?? lol.

Btw: i am now sure the thing is made of one piece of wood (and not a figurine glued to a pedestal) because, as you can see on the scans, the very tip of the beak shows brown as the 'pedestal' because the paint wore off.

Abe. Almost all the modern mobile phones have got cameras in them. try getting a good one. you can ever upload the pics you shoot direct to web if you have net connection to your mobile.

I had a good one.

Someone else thought it was a good one too, so she stole it from me.

• Like 1

http://en.m.wikipedi...wiki/Triskelion

Celtic triskelion is in there

Ah, I get it now: this is not about the crow figurine, but about the axe, Yes, there is indeed a triskele on one side of the blade:

Axe_triskele.gif

Edited by Abramelin

What I want to know Abramelin... is how you trained that bird in your avatar to do what it's doing... And if you did train it... :nw:

What I want to know Abramelin... is how you trained that bird in your avatar to do what it's doing... And if you did train it... :nw:

Hahaha, maybe it just copied me.

But it's a birth day card I once got from a girlfriend:

naughty.jpg

Anyway, 'afterwards' we both like a smoke:

tumblr_lhzbtuQFbK1qgmivlo1_500.jpg

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 2

Wait a sec: this is not a photo, this is a scan. I don't have a camera, so I made scan of the rook, same as i did with the axe.

That's why it looks out of focus.

+++++

EDIT:

Heh, I think I know why you came up with that:

"That is weird: I tried to attach the scan, but the editor said "there is no file to attach, so I uploaded the scan to my Photobucket account.

And then I see the attachment showed up anyway, lol."

+++++++

EDIT:

"One of the biggest skeptics on here"

Maybe I am, but pay a visit to the "Psychic Readings" forum, a thread about "Past life readings".

The guy who 'read me' is kind of scary...

Ahhh,ok,I did err.

And I don't do readings in there for that reason . I see bad stuff sometimes....I don't like to lie ,or even see some stuff ....so .

I should get a reading . No one ever gets it right . I'm hard to read though .

Ahhh,ok,I did err.

And I don't do readings in there for that reason . I see bad stuff sometimes....I don't like to lie ,or even see some stuff ....so .

I should get a reading . No one ever gets it right . I'm hard to read though .

Well, you're too late now anyway. The guy said I was the last one he wanted to 'read'.

And with a username like yours they are maybe too scared to do it, lol.

Well, you're too late now anyway. The guy said I was the last one he wanted to 'read'.

And with a username like yours they are maybe too scared to do it, lol.

:blinks innocently::

My user name ? *sputters*

Most people would have to google it,to get it ,and well you're the one with the mystic wizard mageymagick book name .

*harumphs*

My user name is lovely ....

Hahaha, maybe it just copied me.

But it's a birth day card I once got from a girlfriend:

naughty.jpg

Anyway, 'afterwards' we both like a smoke:

tumblr_lhzbtuQFbK1qgmivlo1_500.jpg

A nicotine addicted bird,is just so wrong .

:blinks innocently::

My user name ? *sputters*

Most people would have to google it,to get it ,and well you're the one with the mystic wizard mageymagick book name .

*harumphs*

My user name is lovely ....

A nicotine addicted bird,is just so wrong .

Your username is perfectly fine with me, I like the sound of it. But many will associate it with Haiti or New Orleans, if you know what I mean.

About the crow, read this newspaper article: http://www.telegraph...ette-break.html

Corvids use smoke:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=218233entry4126638

And read onwards.

Edited by Abramelin

Your username is perfectly fine with me, I like the sound of it. But many will associate it with Haiti or New Orleans, if you know what I mean.

About the crow, read this newspaper article: http://www.telegraph...ette-break.html

Corvids use smoke:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=218233&#entry4126638

And read onwards.

New Orleans really

The Simbi are a Loa ,with many different deities ,but the main Simbi,is Simbi Dlo. Which is really simbi d'leau. Or simbi of the water .

They are one of my devotionals . Marie Laveau of hoodoo fame,had a giant snake named simbi,that allegedly came when she called its name .

She's one of my idols,naturally .So its a play on words for me.

I named one of my cats Simbi.

His personality didnt fit really . He died on me last year ,of kidney failure ,so its also a tribute to him .

I miss his sweet face .

I am much more complicated than some here assume...

Smoking birds ,just wrong...

Edited by Simbi Laveau

Why is a smoking crow 'wrong'?

They get a kick out of it, like many humans do.

=

Simbi... that must be "New Orlean-ish for SimbA, or lion, right?

Domestic cats aren't anything like lions, they are a-social critters.

Mightily wove they

the web of fate,

While Bralund's towns

were trembling all;

And there the golden

threads they wove,

And in the moon's hall

fast they made them.

Why is a smoking crow 'wrong'?

They get a kick out of it, like many humans do.

=

Simbi... that must be "New Orlean-ish for SimbA, or lion, right?

Domestic cats aren't anything like lions, they are a-social critters.

No,nothing remotely like simba . Hold on ..

http://erzulieredeyes.wordpress.com/2010/12/14/the-simbi-lwa/

The simbi are voodoo gods ,more or less...

http://kenazfilan.blogspot.com/2009/11/new-orleans-voodoo-handbook-nsambi.html?m=1

Edited by Simbi Laveau

I want to say 'Viking' (style) but there's not enough animals worked into the swirling lines and, frankly, not enough swirling lines: Viking art is busy. But Viking art is definitely suggested.

Incidentally, Abe, one of those traps we set for non-native 'murrican speakers is that it's "flea" market.

Edited by PersonFromPorlock

Mightily wove they

the web of fate,

While Bralund's towns

were trembling all;

And there the golden

threads they wove,

And in the moon's hall

fast they made them.

You are suggesting that the weblike drawing on one side of the blade has to do with the three Norns (female). But there are only two humans depicted on the blade, a male and a female.

But yes, the Web of Wyrd is what I suggested earlier, but then still you have the three Wyrd Sisters (or have I read too much Terry Pratchet??).

I want to say 'Viking' (style) but there's not enough animals worked into the swirling lines and, frankly, not enough swirling lines: Viking art is busy. But Viking art is definitely suggested.

Incidentally, Abe, one of those traps we set for non-native 'murrican speakers is that it's "flea" market.

It's definitely some style, or else it would not have been copied for at least 30 years, but personally I think it's more Anglo-Saxon or Old English; however, the triskele Simbi mentioned would create a problem.

Edited by Abramelin

Maya did a lot of things,no one kew about .A friend once suggested I was her reincarnation .

She and I have a lot in common ....who knows .

Maya did a lot of things,no one knew about .A friend once suggested I was her reincarnation .

She and I have a lot in common ....who knows .

Did you watch that online documentary about her work?

I will try to find that link again.

OK, so you have a lot in common with Deren... igen or nem?

+++++++

EDIT:

Here's the link to that documentary (I posted it on my own website, long ago):

http://ubu.artmob.ca...rsemen_1947.flv

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 1

Did you watch that online documentary about her work?

I will try to find that link again.

OK, so you have a lot in common with Deren... igen or nem?

+++++++

EDIT:

Here's the link to that documentary (I posted it on my own website, long ago):

http://ubu.artmob.ca...rsemen_1947.flv

I watched parts of it actually.

And I meant her endeavors,not origins.

She was a dancer,I was martial artist .

She married I Japanese musician, ,and got involved with the culture. I dated a Japanese musician for years,and almost moved to Japan.

Then her involvement with the Laveau family,and initiation into voodoo .

I could have been her, considering my experiences and interests.

You have not the faintest clue what my site is is all about.

And no, my site is not in my signature.