Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why do some people need conspiricies?

tyrant lizard

Lizard

Fair enough, and the spelling reference was just kidding. We all do it, myself included. :yes:

I use the definition that a conspiracy is an agreement between 2 or more people to accomplish a particular goal, and it usually includes nefarious purposes. That is, the goal is criminal in nature. Thus, that suits the purpose of discussing the events of 11 September, which I assume is your point.

So, using that definition, the events of 11 September were indeed a conspiracy. The only real question is just who the conspirators were.

And in the world of human behavior, conspiracies are quite common. Considering that extramarital affairs have an illegal flavor to them in many societies, could one say that extramarital affairs are conspiracies? Matter of interpretation, I guess.

So your question raises another: do people NEED a conspiracy, or are they merely fascinated by them?

Not much - neither have been proved or disproved.

funny.. back in the original post seemed like you had it all figured out?

Some people see oddities in stories and events and try to see if they can come up with other possible explainations. Some people have bad experiences with certain groups that cause them to think the worst of them. Some people just want to look smarter than everyone else. And then there are those who are paranoid and see plots everywhere.

So in terms of "needing" conspiracies most people don't. They might have a topic that's important to them but dismiss other theories. But I do believe that there are those who allow conspiracy theories to take over far too much of their lives and I feel bad that these people have such a bleek outlook on life.

funny.. back in the original post seemed like you had it all figured out?

Did I? I don't remember mentioning magic bullets.

Since you seem to have the answers maybe you could share them.

Part of the problem with the term conspiracy theory is that it has become synonymous with crack-pots, so anything that gets labled a conspiracy theory is automaticaly dismissed by the majority of people.

• Like 2

Part of the problem with the term conspiracy theory is that it has become synonymous with crack-pots, so anything that gets labled a conspiracy theory is automaticaly dismissed by the majority of people.

Exactly this.

Also the another big problem is people automatically think just because someone beleives one they beleive them all.

Society frowns upon people believing in "conspiracies". But that's the way it's made to be.

The real probelm are the people who beleive all the BS the goverment and media feeds them. People who are too scared to quesiton their goverment. They think their goverment is sort sort of authority figure.

The goverment is supposed to be there for the people, not the other way around.

There is loads of conspiracies that have came true as well. Ones where people where labelled as nut cases etc. This is why I don't resort to such stupid insults on people who do beleive them.

Also where 9/11 is concerned, it's 1 conspiracy I can't not beleive. As I think anyone who beleives a guy in a cave who was actually trained by the CIA to fight Russians actually planned and did that needs to seriously think long and hard.

I also don't think it's right that 1 family has enough money to house and feed everyone in the world 3 times over. I'm not saying I beleive in the "illumanati" but there is cetianly an "elite" who is out for themselves. The fact we put up with this and allow it in my opinion is shocking. I don't get why we do. lol I don't get why everyone is ok with this?! lol

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 1

Exactly so!

Which makes one wonder just why President Bush addressed the UN thusly in November of 2001:

"Let us never tolerate outrageous conspiracy theories concerning the attacks of September 11; malicious lies that attempt to shift the blame away from the terrorists, themselves, away from the guilty."

Ah, the power of the pulpit and suggestion..... :innocent:

Also where 9/11 is concerned, it's 1 conspiracy I can't not beleive. As I think anyone who beleives a guy in a cave who was actually trained by the CIA to fight Russians actually planned and did that needs to seriously think long and hard.
oh come on now! good grief! and many other profound indignations too!

they found a passport from one of the hijackers in the street at the world trade centre after a skyscraper fell on it, clearly it came from the plane after it exploded inside the tower. this proves it was that dude living under the mountain with his private army.

why do some people think this is Bothersome Stuff ?

• Like 2

Oh, it was more than the passport Little Fish, wasn't it? I think it was a packet of "identification papers".

How bloody convenient, eh? That's what helped Dubya know all the hijackers names before the day was done, eh?

And I think it was found by some passer-by and turned into the police BEFORE the buildings came down.

And they found the rental car up in Maine with all sorts of papers and books in it that "proved" the OCT.

:tsu:

• Like 2

when I tell people "but they found a Koran left at a florida lap dancing bar, that's proof isn't it?", they look at me in that knowing way and tell me I'm a stupid gullible idiot. how can I be stupid when it was on the TV. it's as if nobody watches TV anymore, I despair.

As well it should be.

1% is worthy of investigation.

99% is crack-pot theory; really off-the-wall crack-pot theory, like not landing on the moon, 911 conspiracy, etc...

• Like 1

As well it should be.

1% is worthy of investigation.

99% is crack-pot theory; really off-the-wall crack-pot theory, like not landing on the moon, 911 conspiracy, etc...

9/11 is not crackpot. Reptoids is crackpot.

9/11 was blatenly false flag.

They have wanted Afghanistan for years and needed an excuse that the public would buy. You cna't just to what the UK used to do and take countries you wanted. So they had to make people want it.

That's why it happened in the UK as well. To make sure the British public backed it so the UK could go in.

They wanted to make a gas pipeline from Turkmenistan to Pakistan. Now here's the fun fact... That piepline is being constructed right now. It was planned back in the 70's, you know around the time the US trained the taliban to fight the Russians in the last propaganda war, the "commies".... Everyone knows that farce is over and now it's "terrorists" Look how many times Bush repeated the word to drill it into peoples heads. Before 9/11 how often did you ehar the word terrorist from politicions or the media?! I don't even understand why people can't see this. lol

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 2

9/11 is not crackpot. Reptoids is crackpot.

9/11 was blatenly false flag.

They have wanted Afghanistan for years and needed an excuse that the public would buy. You cna't just to what the UK used to do and take countries you wanted. So they had to make people want it.

That's why it happened in the UK as well. To make sure the British public backed it so the UK could go in.

They wanted to make a gas pipeline from Turkmenistan to Pakistan. Now here's the fun fact... That piepline is being constructed right now. It was planned back in the 70's, you know around the time the US trained the taliban to fight the Russians in the last propaganda war, the "commies".... Everyone knows that farce is over and now it's "terrorists" Look how many times Bush repeated the word to drill it into peoples heads. Before 9/11 how often did you ehar the word terrorist from politicions or the media?! I don't even understand why people can't see this. lol

Actually the term has been around and freely used for decades. But when 3000 AMERICANS get slaughtered while they're at work...well.... let's just say the term takes on a new urgency. This pipeline deal that you mention - who does it profit and how much? Is it worth sending several nations to war over? Or is it like the "oil" we went to war with Iraq for? I'm still waiting on my cut btw :whistle:
  • Like 2

Actually the term has been around and freely used for decades. But when 3000 AMERICANS get slaughtered while they're at work...well.... let's just say the term takes on a new urgency. This pipeline deal that you mention - who does it profit and how much? Is it worth sending several nations to war over? Or is it like the "oil" we went to war with Iraq for? I'm still waiting on my cut btw :whistle:

Your cut? lol It's the Rothchilds and "Elite" that get that oil.

The pipeline means they cna pump gas from Turkmenistan and get it out to tankers in Pakistan.

The gas line is even on wikipedia and gives information on it. lol They don't even bother lying about it or trying to cover it up. lol

Do you really think the "elite" give a flying **** about 3,000 Americans?!

They don't care about the Millions of unemployed Americans or starving kids in Africa. They don't care about all the children that are killed in Afghanistan and Iraq. Why would thye care baout 3,000 Americans?!

I'm actually suprised you don't see this, especially when it was these people who gave Hitler the money he needed to fuel his war machine. These people payed for Hitlers very impressive armoury of exotic machines etc which killed many good men, true heroes being slaughtered because of very powerful Americans.

Hell they even payed for the gas chambers etc. So you think they care about 3,000 Americans? Yeah right.......

• Like 2

You're waiting for your cut AndThen?

Don't hold your breath my friend.

Your 'cut' is the tax liabilities inherited by you and your grandchildren. Your cut is the USA Patriot Act, Military Commissions Act, NDAA Amendment, FISA II, and on and on.

• Like 1

Your cut? lol It's the Rothchilds and "Elite" that get that oil.

The pipeline means they cna pump gas from Turkmenistan and get it out to tankers in Pakistan.

The gas line is even on wikipedia and gives information on it. lol They don't even bother lying about it or trying to cover it up. lol

Do you really think the "elite" give a flying **** about 3,000 Americans?!

They don't care about the Millions of unemployed Americans or starving kids in Africa. They don't care about all the children that are killed in Afghanistan and Iraq. Why would thye care baout 3,000 Americans?!

I'm actually suprised you don't see this, especially when it was these people who gave Hitler the money he needed to fuel his war machine. These people payed for Hitlers very impressive armoury of exotic machines etc which killed many good men, true heroes being slaughtered because of very powerful Americans.

Hell they even payed for the gas chambers etc. So you think they care about 3,000 Americans? Yeah right.......

You think they intentionally paid for the gas chambers then?

Why do we need this thread?

This is a conspiracy to lead us away from the important concerns that need to be addressed. :gun:

• Like 2

You think they intentionally paid for the gas chambers then?

Not 100% sure. But there is a lot of information about the lead up to WW2 that the majority of people don't know.

Like the fact the German Jews declared war against Germany/Hitler not the other way around. Germans where starving to death while Jewish Germans where getting richer, they blocked non Jewish companies from International business.

Also the Jews who got into Power in Russia killed 40,000 Russian civilians. (this is why the Russians did not like the Jewish people)

The media won't mention these things, yet they give a different perspective on what actually happened. (This does not mean I hate Jewish people or think the holocaust didn't happen or that I think they deserved it, nobody deserves that obviously and I don't hate anyone)

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 1

Not 100% sure. But there is a lot of information about the lead up to WW2 that the majority of people don't know.

Like the fact the German Jews declared war against Germany/Hitler not the other way around. Germans where starving to death while Jewish Germans where getting richer, they blocked non Jewish companies from International business.

Also the Jews who got into Power in Russia killed 40,000 Russian civilians. (this is why the Russians did not like the Jewish people)

The media won't mention these things, yet they give a different perspective on what actually happened. (This does not mean I hate Jewish people or think the holocaust didn't happen or that I think they deserved it, nobody deserves that obviously and I don't hate anyone)

Well I never knew that. Is this common knowledge or has it been covered up?

Having taken several history courses I'd say it's neither. More likely someone trying to explain away the hatred for Jews at the time with spotty evidence and questionable theories.

• Like 1

Having taken several history courses I'd say it's neither. More likely someone trying to explain away the hatred for Jews at the time with spotty evidence and questionable theories.

It's all on record.

It does explain what planted the seeds of hatred. But it certianly doesn't excuse what happened. What Hitler did was absolutely disgusting. He deserves to burn in hell or wherever.. I don't think any sane or decent person would say otherwise.

It's in the history books, it's documented. It's just the media won't mentioned these thing son purpose. As obviously sympathising with Hitler would be bad. I guess that's why so many idiots are modern day Nazi's cause they found this information. Clearly any sane person still doens't see it as an excuse at all. Ther eis no excuse for what he did. But the information does show how it happened.

It's all on record.

It's in the history books, it's documented.

Can you provide a link to a source for this info?

I've done a lot of studying of WWII and have never come across anything like you're suggesting either. It'd be interesting to see the perspective this comes from.

Cz

• Like 2

Me too. Oh, uh, authenticated links of course.

...The media won't mention these things, yet they give a different perspective on what actually happened. (This does not mean I hate Jewish people or think the holocaust didn't happen or that I think they deserved it, nobody deserves that obviously and I don't hate anyone)

Your first point requires some clarification regarding the Jewish declaration of 'war' against Germany, more specifically 'Nazi' Germany. You're referring to, of course, the often repeated headline "Judea Declares War on Germany" from the Daily Express of March 24, 1933. This was described by some Jewish leaders of the day as a "financial war" but what we would call today, an "economic boycott". In response, four days later, Hitler declared an economic boycott of all Jewish shops and goods in Germany.

But because history does not take place in a vacuum, you have to ask, "What happened before this?" Weeks before, on January 30th, Adolf Hitler became the Chancellor of Germany and was the long time leader of the NSDAP, who in 1920 came up with their 25 Point Plan.

I'll quote some points that refer to Jews and other "non-citizens".

"4. Only a member of the race can be a citizen. A member of the race can only be one who is of German blood, without consideration of creed. Consequently no Jew can be a member of the race.

5. Whoever has no citizenship is to be able to live in Germany only as a guest, and must be under the authority of legislation for foreigners.

6. The right to determine matters concerning administration and law belongs only to the citizen. Therefore we demand that every public office, of any sort whatsoever, whether in the Reich, the county or municipality, be filled only by citizens. We combat the corrupting parliamentary economy, office-holding only according to party inclinations without consideration of character or abilities.

7. We demand that the state be charged first with providing the opportunity for a livelihood and way of life for the citizens. If it is impossible to sustain the total population of the State, then the members of foreign nations (non-citizens) are to be expelled from the Reich.

8. Any further immigration of non-citizens is to be prevented. We demand that all non-Germans, who have immigrated to Germany since the 2 August 1914, be forced immediately to leave the Reich."

In my opinion, the Nazi Party declared 'war' on the Jewish citizenry of Germany, long before 1933. It was in response to the Nazi party gaining control of the Reichstag that brought about the so-called "Declaration of War". I've argued this point with other people on other forums, so I'm fairly well versed in "the facts".

• Like 6

IMO conspiracy theorists perform a very valuable & sometimes dangerous contribution to society.

So why are there conspiracy theorys out there?

A: because people don't trust the powers that be who control their lives.

Why are they valuable?

A: they question autorities that hide truths and force people to question their belief in what is true & false.

Why are they sometimes dangerous?

A: when they are wrong they cloud history, and without a clear picture of history we're all doomed to make the same mistakes..

Conspiracy theories are symptom of a society based on personal agendas, secrets and lies.

• Like 1