Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood [Part 2]

Abramelin

One of the things I like about the OLB, is that it is about all times.

facebookotharus.jpg

HJA SPRÉKATH SWÉTA WIRDA,

MEN HJA TORNATH VNMARKSÉM

AN ALLES HWAT FON VS FRYAS TREFTH

Otharus,

I am not sure what your are implying with your last few posts, are you suggesting that these innocents are somehow involved with the OLB? Justice is one of the strongest growth industries worldwide and always has been.

jmccr8

are you suggesting that these innocents are somehow involved with the OLB?

No, just that the Dutch are sometimes too easy with "guilty" verdicts.

ALLERA MANNALIK THÉR EN OTHER

FON SINE FRYDOM BIRAW

AL WÉRE THENE ORE HIM SKELDECH

MOT IK ANDA BARN.TAM ÉNER SLAFINE FARA LÉTA

Edited by Otharus

I think you exaggerating.

No Over de Linden, Ottema, Haverschmidt, Verwijs or Halbertsma were ever accused of criminal activities, or were imprisoned because of it.

This has nothing to do with anything OLB anymore.

Find archeological proof, and all will be settled.

Like the Minoan seals found off the coast of Germany/Denmark.

But they only prove Minoans were there 2400 BP, not that Fryans/Frisians were in Crete 3400 BP.

All the arguments brought up by you and Alewyn, about why no archeological proof of the socalled Fryan civilization has ever been found, is bogus. Nothing is hidden from the public, and things much older, and of degradable material, are still being discovered and documented... and published.

This thread is not about a cover-up imposed by the Dutch government to hide 'the true history' of Europe.

Edited by Abramelin

"But they only prove Minoans were there 2400 BP"....... that should have been 3400 BP ofcourse.

No, just that the Dutch are sometimes too easy with "guilty" verdicts.

And that economical and political motives are often more leading, than truth and justice.

IN MODVM ROTAE = in the shape of a wheel

From "Camillus ~ A Study of Indo-European Religion as Roman History"

by George Dumezil, 1980:

inmodumrotae1.jpg

Note: I have seen those cookies in India, they made them for Christmas and they were 6-spoke wheel-shaped.

From "A Companion to the prologue of Apuleius' Metamorphoses"

by Kahane & Laird (eds.), 2001:

inmodumrotae2.jpg

"Et iniecta dextera senex comissimus ducit me protinus ad ipsas fores aedis amplissimae rituque sollemni apertionis celebrato ministerio ac matutino peracto sacrificio de opertis adyti profert quosdam libros litteris ignorabilibus praenotatos, partim figuris cuiusce modi animalium concepti sermonis compendiosa verba suggerentes, partim nodosis et in modum rotae tortuosis capreolatimque condensis apicibus a curiositate profanorum lectione munita."

APVLEI METAMORPHOSEON LIBER XI-22

=> Writing/ script 'in the shape of a wheel'.

Apuleius was mentioning the JOL (6-spoke wheel) script.

"with the ENDS OF THE LETTERS knotted and twisted like wheels or intertwined like tendrils"

That doesn't look anything like the OLB Jol script.

"with the ENDS OF THE LETTERS knotted and twisted like wheels or intertwined like tendrils"

That doesn't look anything like the OLB Jol script.

That is just a translation.

Read the original Latin text.

The Dutch translation I have says "in wielvorm gedraaide [...] tekens" (signs/ letters twisted/ turned in wheel-shape).

P.333 of "Apuleius ~ De gouden ezel", Dutch translation by Vincent Hunink (2012), Salamander Klassiek

Literally, "in modum rotae" would be: " in wheel-mode", or Dutch: "in rad-modus", "in de mode van het rad".

Apuleius, Metamorphoses, or the Golden Ass, book 11 (Lucius’ initation into Isis’ mysteries)

Translation from H.E. Butler, The Metamorphoses, or Golden Ass, of Apuleius of Madaura (vol.

2; Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1910), public domain.

http://www.philipharland.com/Courses/Readings/Apuleius,%20Metamorphoses%20book%2011%20Isis%20(Butler%201910%20trans).pdf

Book XI, chapter 22:

Then, placing his right hand in mine,

the kindly old man led me to the very doors of the

great shrine, and after celebrating with solemn rite the

service of the opening of the gates and performing the

morning sacrifice, he brought forth from the hidden

places of the shrine certain books with titles written

in undecipherable letters. Some of these were in the

shape of animals of all kinds, and seemed to be compendious

symbols for the forms of speech ; others were

defended from the curiosity of profane readers, inasmuch

as their extremities were knotted or curved like wheels

or closely interwoven like to the tendrils of the vine.

Still nothing like the OLB script, whatever translation you use.

Edited by Abramelin

Still nothing like the OLB script, whatever translation you use.

Personally, I would not know a more accurate description of the JOL-script in Latin than "in modum rotae".

As my first source demonstrated, the formula can also be translated as "in the shape of a wheel".

Edited by Otharus

Personally, I would not know a more accurate description of the JOL-script in Latin than "in modum rotae".

As my first source demonstrated, the formula can also be translated as "in the shape of a wheel".

But your first quote is about circular shaped cakes, sumanalia, right? Not about any script.

But your first quote is about circular shaped cakes, sumanalia, right? Not about any script.

It is to show that "in modum rotae" can mean "in the shape of a wheel".

It is to show that "in modum rotae" can mean "in the shape of a wheel".

OK, but this is what you claimed:

Apuleius was mentioning the JOL (6-spoke wheel) script.

And he didn't.

He wrote:

he brought forth from the hidden

places of the shrine certain books with titles written

in undecipherable letters. Some of these were in the

shape of animals of all kinds, and seemed to be compendious

symbols for the forms of speech ; others were

defended from the curiosity of profane readers, inasmuch

as their extremities were knotted or curved like wheels

or closely interwoven like to the tendrils of the vine.

A modern example of what he meant is this:

hd-b3583f6d3a9f64bfdebc2bd3e061bc75.jpg

Edited by Abramelin

He wrote:

"he brought forth ..."

No he didn't.

That is a translation.

hd-b3583f6d3a9f64bfdebc2bd3e061bc75.jpg

Those are just curly letters.

It's what your translator must have had in mind.

But there's nothing wheel-like about them.

Edited by Otharus

Whatever translator or translation you use, it still is about the ENDINGS or EXTREMITIES of the letters , not about the shape of the letters themselves.

These endings or extremities are 'wheel-like', or formed like a wheel, curved and intertwined.

I have no idea how this could have any resemblance with the OLB script.

=

And yes, of course I used a translation, lol.

You don't need one, because Latin is your mother tongue??

Edited by Abramelin

It would have been something great if Caesar had been a little more creative in his "Bello Gallico", and had copied the script of the Helvetii who, according to him, used a 'Greek' script.

On the other hand, the Greeks had a colony around Marseilles and their area bordered the area where the Helvetii lived, so it could indeed have been Greek script the Helvetii used.

Whatever translator or translation you use, it still is about the ENDINGS or EXTREMITIES of the letters , not about the shape of the letters themselves.

No.

Apparently you never studied Latin, or you would know that translations are often interpretations.

What word in the Latin original makes you think it's about the endings or extremities of the letters? It is an interpretation of the translator. The original text does not say so.

"... libros litteris ignorabilibus praenotatos, partim figuris cuiusce modi animalium concepti sermonis compendiosa verba suggerentes, partim nodosis et in modum rotae tortuosis capreolatimque condensis apicibus a curiositate profanorum lectione munita."

partim nodosis = partly knotted

in modum rotae = like a wheel

tortuosis capreolatimque = serpentine and curled

condensis apicibus = wijnrankachtig verstrengeld

Compare the Dutch translation by Vincent Hunink (2012):

"... boeken met teksten in een niet te ontcijferen schrift. Deels waren het allerlei dierfiguren ter aanduiding van uitvoerige rituele formules, deels ook verknoopte, in wielvorm gedraaide en wijnrankachtig met elkaar verstrengelde tekens die het geschrevende moesten beschermen tegen de nieuwsgierigheid van buitenstaanders."

And better still, this one:

"... books written in unknown characters. Some of these represented various animals and were shorthand for formulaic expressions, and some were in the form of knots or rounded like a wheel or twisted at the ends, to guard their meaning against the curiosity of the uninitiated." (Translation used in video "Ancient Mystery Religions - The Book of Isis, Metamorphoses", 2010.)

It is plausible that various mysterious writings were meant, in stead of one that has all characteristics:

Some scripts had animal-figures, others knots, yet others were wheel-shaped, and others were serpentine and curled.

No, I didn't study Latin.

OK, so I go by what you posted because you know better than these other translators:

"and some were in the form of knots or rounded like a wheel or twisted at the ends"

partim nodosis = partly knotted

in modum rotae = like a wheel

tortuosis capreolatimque = serpentine and curled

condensis apicibus = wijnrankachtig verstrengeld (interwoven like a vine)

However, it should be:

"and some were in the form of knots AND rounded like a wheel, twisted at the ends"

partim nodosis et in modum rotae tortuosis capreolatimque

You introduced OR where it should be AND.

So, still not like the OLB script.

Edited by Abramelin

You don't need one, because Latin is your mother tongue??

LOL I don't think anyone ever had Latin as a mother tongue.

It's a typical writing language, not an oral language.

Yes some monks and other church people as well as some academics used to 'speak' it.

But they did not learn it in the first few years from their mother.

Roman soldiers will simply have spoken (old-) Italian, not Latin as we know it.

But let's not get off-topic too much.

One does not need a translator for every language that is not the mother tongue.

However, it should be:

"and some were in the form of knots AND rounded like a wheel, twisted at the ends"

You introduced OR where it should be AND.

No, "or" was not my translation, but it is plausible. (In Dutch too, en/and and of/or are sometimes interchangeable.

You think that because you can translate 'et', you can translate the whole sentence.

'Et' can mean 'and some' or 'and others' or 'and also' etc., and the original does not say "twisted at the ends".

I think the Romans had Latin as their mother tongue. Later the spoken language was socalled "Vulgar Latin" and started to differ from the written language, and much later it became Italian as we know now.

And no, I don't think you are a time-travelling Roman, lol.

So, still not like the OLB script.

"LITTERIS IN MODUM ROTAE"

=> letters in wheel-mode (in the shape/ fashion of the wheel)

I can not think of a more accurate formula in Latin to describe the OLB-script.

No, "or" was not my translation, but it is plausible. (In Dutch too, en/and and of/or are sometimes interchangeable.

You think that because you can translate 'et', you can translate the whole sentence.

'Et' can mean 'and some' or 'and others' or 'and also' etc., and the original does not say "twisted at the ends".

To me that sentence describes how ONE type of script looks.

And twisted at the ends is of course an interpretation.

What else should one make of "tortuosis capreolatimque"? Tortuous antics?

But it explains what kind of knots and/or circles.