Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

When I'm asleep

Seeker81

Hello, as I’m new to the board I thought I’d give a little introduction. My name is Johan and I live in London, in the UK. I’m a filmmaker and I’m currently working on a project that will cut beyond the general UFO conspiracy theories and represent people who have actually experienced this phenomenon’s stories.

This is a really important project to me and whilst I’m working on the re-write for the script, I’d like to draw on as much primary witness material as possible. So if you’ve had strange experiences whilst sleeping, such as explained by sleep apnea, or sleep walking, strange sights, or even encounter stories ranging from the first to the fourth kind, I’d love to hear from you!

I was wondering if you could share your stories with me on our webpage as follows:

www.facebook.com/recordthemovie

I’d really appreciate it if you could like the page and share your stories, so that we can have a large basis of information to draw when we come to writing the next draft of the script!

Thank you so very much for reading and I look forward to hearing from you soon!

J

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Seeker81

• zoser

• Hazzard

• Rafterman

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck with the project; I can't help you personally since I am not an 'experiencer' or a 'contactee' or an abductee. I do believe something is happening that the world needs to get to the bottom of so I wish you well. I visited your FB site.

Don't let the skeptics here put you off. They are a nice bunch of folk really!

Thanks Zoser, I really appreciate the support. I think it's really important to represent this issue seriously and really bring this phenomenon to mainstream awareness, and I really think film is quite a good way to achieve that. Thank you so very much for your support.

Seeker, can I assume that as part of your research that you've already contacted or plan to contact any experts on sleep disorders and those manifest with individuals?

Hello, as I’m new to the board I thought I’d give a little introduction. My name is Johan and I live in London, in the UK. I’m a filmmaker and I’m currently working on a project that will cut beyond the general UFO conspiracy theories and represent people who have actually experienced this phenomenon’s stories.

This is a really important project to me and whilst I’m working on the re-write for the script, I’d like to draw on as much primary witness material as possible. So if you’ve had strange experiences whilst sleeping, such as explained by sleep apnea, or sleep walking, strange sights, or even encounter stories ranging from the first to the fourth kind, I’d love to hear from you!

I was wondering if you could share your stories with me on our webpage as follows:

www.facebook.com/recordthemovie

I’d really appreciate it if you could like the page and share your stories, so that we can have a large basis of information to draw when we come to writing the next draft of the script!

Thank you so very much for reading and I look forward to hearing from you soon!

J

Maybe this will help.

Abducted: psychologist Susan Clancy speaks

How People Come to Believe They Were Kidnapped by Aliens.

http://research.microsoft.com/apps/video/dl.aspx?id=104449

Seeker, can I assume that as part of your research that you've already contacted or plan to contact any experts on sleep disorders and those manifest with individuals?

Yes indeed, my writer and I will be speaking to a couple here in London when the time comes to understand the explanation of the phenomena, but as you probably know, in film there is a subjective world of the experience as well. I'm trying to understand people's experiences because each one is unique, yet they all follow a similar narrative. We're trying to represent both sides.

Hazzard - thank you very much for linking me, I've read some of her works, but I had not been able to find a video link before so thank you very much for that!

J

Seeker81, have you really thought this through? I have no reason to think that you're in any way dishonest, so I'll assume that you are a good person who honestly thinks this is just another movie. The thing is, I've met people whose lives have been utterly taken over by wildly improbable paranoid fantasies that most of us would call dreams. And this has had very serious consequences for them. I;m not talking about people who are stupid or insane. I'm talking about average human beings who have had one mildly unsettling experience, and seek the opinion of self-appointed "experts" who tell them that they will be subjected to sexual torture by unstoppable space perverts forever, and so will their children.

This is a horrible, twisted myth with zero basis in reality, yet I've personally seen it take over the lives of people to the extent that they have no friends outside obviously insane flying saucer cults, and their children grow up believing they'll be raped by aliens. Seriously - this horrible mad nonsense really does happen! So I think you need to research your source material a little bit more carefully. This belief-system has driven people to insanity, suicide, and the murder of their own children. I've personally known otherwise normal people who have drifted in very peculiar directions because a self-appointed "expert" told them over and over again, with enough references from popular culture to back them up. Any film which directly states that weird stuff involving aliens is going to contribute to the myth.

It's pretty obvious that you're trying to rip off Paranormal Activity. And why not? It;s a no-budget piece of dreck that made a fortune. But the difference is, almost nobody who isn't already raving mad believes that invisible ghosts from Hell will torment them for their entire lives for no reason at all. But it's acceptable to think this about sex-crazed space-aliens. If you make this film without pushing the plot a very long way into the realm of sheer fantasy, it's going to damage the sanity of quite a few viewers, some of whom may actually take their own lives.

I'm not joking or exaggerated at all. I've met previously normal people who have been persuaded by persons obviously much less sane than they were to begin with that their entire life now revolves around being regularly raped by aliens. The effect this has on them does not tend to be good. So please. no more of it!

Seeker81, have you really thought this through? I have no reason to think that you're in any way dishonest, so I'll assume that you are a good person who honestly thinks this is just another movie. The thing is, I've met people whose lives have been utterly taken over by wildly improbable paranoid fantasies that most of us would call dreams. And this has had very serious consequences for them. I;m not talking about people who are stupid or insane. I'm talking about average human beings who have had one mildly unsettling experience, and seek the opinion of self-appointed "experts" who tell them that they will be subjected to sexual torture by unstoppable space perverts forever, and so will their children.

This is a horrible, twisted myth with zero basis in reality, yet I've personally seen it take over the lives of people to the extent that they have no friends outside obviously insane flying saucer cults, and their children grow up believing they'll be raped by aliens. Seriously - this horrible mad nonsense really does happen! So I think you need to research your source material a little bit more carefully. This belief-system has driven people to insanity, suicide, and the murder of their own children. I've personally known otherwise normal people who have drifted in very peculiar directions because a self-appointed "expert" told them over and over again, with enough references from popular culture to back them up. Any film which directly states that weird stuff involving aliens is going to contribute to the myth.

It's pretty obvious that you're trying to rip off Paranormal Activity. And why not? It;s a no-budget piece of dreck that made a fortune. But the difference is, almost nobody who isn't already raving mad believes that invisible ghosts from Hell will torment them for their entire lives for no reason at all. But it's acceptable to think this about sex-crazed space-aliens. If you make this film without pushing the plot a very long way into the realm of sheer fantasy, it's going to damage the sanity of quite a few viewers, some of whom may actually take their own lives.

I'm not joking or exaggerated at all. I've met previously normal people who have been persuaded by persons obviously much less sane than they were to begin with that their entire life now revolves around being regularly raped by aliens. The effect this has on them does not tend to be good. So please. no more of it!

Do some research; they are not from hell they are from Zeta Reticuli.

Edited by zoser