Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Truth About Cats: They're Good for Us

Still Waters

News headlines over the past few years have linked cat ownership to everything from cancer to craziness, but new studies suggest that cats are actually beneficial to human health, and may even reduce our risk for cancer and other diseases.

http://news.discover...ans-120821.html

Mine drive me crazy and make me insanely happy at the same time! :)

Mine just drive me crazy, and they're strays. Except for maybe one that's just tolerable.

• Like 1

Fact of the matter is that without cats, at the beginning of civilization, people would not have had much time for culture and similar achievements.

It was cats that made storage of food feasible controlling rodents. Without them all would have ended like any primitive culture, live from day to day and hardly capable of saving anything.

• Like 3

post-109307-0-48947200-1345736240_thumb.Mine is a miracle. Came out of nowhere one dark night, climbed on my lap and looked at me like I was the love of her life. I didn't want a cat. I had just lost my job, was soon to lose my wife, home and reasons for living. Through it all this cat remained. When I found a room where cats weren't welcome she became an outdoor cat but stayed close. As my situations changed, she adapted. Now, nearly six years and many changes later, this cat is all I have left of my former life. She's never far from me, following me from room to room as I go about my day. Greets me at the door when I return. She's the only friend I have, but she's enough.
  • Like 8

post-109307-0-48947200-1345736240_thumb.Mine is a miracle. Came out of nowhere one dark night, climbed on my lap and looked at me like I was the love of her life. I didn't want a cat. I had just lost my job, was soon to lose my wife, home and reasons for living. Through it all this cat remained. When I found a room where cats weren't welcome she became an outdoor cat but stayed close. As my situations changed, she adapted. Now, nearly six years and many changes later, this cat is all I have left of my former life. She's never far from me, following me from room to room as I go about my day. Greets me at the door when I return. She's the only friend I have, but she's enough.

She looks a lovely cat and an obvious loyal friend..

Did you know Cats are Gods and Goddesses? At least mine thinks she is. But maybe they are plotting to take over the world... at someone is thinking so. Read here.

• Like 4

Did you know Cats are Gods and Goddesses? At least mine thinks she is. But maybe they are plotting to take over the world... at someone is thinking so. Read here.

I love that...excellent...thanks for the laugh Para.. :)

• Like 2

Any articles on rats for a change?

My cat eat them :P

4779326875_1ce5dd75ef_b.jpg

Here she done crawling through cobwebs in the basement...

Edited by Paracelse
  • Like 3

I love that...excellent...thanks for the laugh Para.. :)

Forgot to ask did you actually take the test????

• Like 1

Not yet..im going to let the wife take it first Para...will let you know the results... :yes:

• Like 1

93% Para....!!...im shocked..!!

• Like 1

My cat has developed a taste for cicadas. They litter my back porch now. Half eaten, usually....

• Like 1

I love animals.

But cats, hmmm....

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

93% Para....!!...im shocked..!!

Good I had 89 so I'm not in as much danger as you are...

My cat has developed a taste for cicadas. They litter my back porch now. Half eaten, usually....

Luna eat those also ... but since she does it in the front yard I have no idea if she eats them entirely... and I'm not going to check either... However, her favorite food is shrimp... if I bring some home, she follows me to the fridge and meow until I give her one... but it has to be cooked to perfection (not over cooked) chilled and peeled.

• Like 2

This is news ? My cats kept me alive when I was at my lowest .

This is news ? My cats kept me alive when I was at my lowest .

Simbi the link I provided is a joke like with a joke test ......

Yes,I got that . The test doesn't load at my end,,so it wasn't quite as funny for me ,I do not think

What do you mean by "I'm grass"?

Ah..sorry Para.Its an English slang term like a g1t or sw1ne only a bit nicer..its not a bad term.. :)

• Like 1

Ah..sorry Para.Its an English slang term like a g1t or sw1ne only a bit nicer..its not a bad term.. :)

I kind of figure it was some sort of Brit thing....

• Like 1