Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NRA Locked in Gun Battle

questionmark

There is a lot of truth to that. Gun enthusiasts usually have registered firearms and at least one that isn't, because it was inherited and was never registered or whatever. Some people keep unregistered guns in case the government comes and takes away their registered ones. It isn't difficult to get one under the table.

It never was. I don't know if you remember the time when it was near impossible to get a gun in New York City, well everybody just took the Ferry to Jersey and the next gun shop was within a block from the landing as I recall (maybe it is still there).

We have to give up our illusions and be aware that those things are made for just one purpose: inflict bodily harm. Those things are not supposed to be in the hands of school children (buyers for "disappeared guns"), the mentally unstable (buyers for "disappeared guns"), repeat felons (buyer for "disappeared guns") or criminals.

• Like 1

It never was. I don't know if you remember the time when it was near impossible to get a gun in New York City, well everybody just took the Ferry to Jersey and the next gun shop was within a block from the landing as I recall (maybe it is still there).

Nothing to do with guns.. But that sounds exactly like fireworks in part of the Midwest. There are fireworks warehouses that are open year round just across the border into WI and IN, but you won't usually find those in IL or MI- they do get seasonal tents of fireworks though. People just jump the border to get the more serious firework action they want, any time they want. I know Chicago folk that hit the WI and IN sellers on their way to their vaca homes in WI and MI and then light them off on a regular basis.

• Like 2

We have to give up our illusions and be aware that those things are made for just one purpose: inflict bodily harm. Those things are not supposed to be in the hands of school children (buyers for "disappeared guns"), the mentally unstable (buyers for "disappeared guns"), repeat felons (buyer for "disappeared guns") or criminals.

Or to deter bodily harm.

• Like 1

Or to deter bodily harm.

As in my case.

• Like 3

As in my case.

I guess that scraps his whole "only one purpose" arguement.

• Like 2

I guess that scraps his whole "only one purpose" arguement.

so you think that the deterrent of a gun is not caused by the fact that it was built to inflict bodily harm? Why don't you try a feather then?

so you think that the deterrent of a gun is not caused by the fact that it was built to inflict bodily harm? Why don't you try a feather then?

You are mixing words. You said the only purpose of a gun is to inflict bodily harm.

The purpose many use them for is a deterent or for target shooting.

You are mixing words. You said the only purpose of a gun is to inflict bodily harm.

The purpose many use them for is a deterent or for target shooting.

I said they are made to inflict bodily harm, please be so kind to quote correctly.

I said they are made to inflict bodily harm, please be so kind to quote correctly.

You also said - "object that is designed for the unique purpose of inflicting bodily harm".

I think I quoted you more correct than you are trying to show. I left the word unique out because I didn't undewrstand what you meant. There are many weapons designed to inflict bodily harm, so unique doesn't fit.

• Like 1

none actually.

Give me a break. I don't hang around with a criminal element and I would be willing to bet I could get an un-registered gun, with three phone calls, and have it in my hands within a couple of hours. It's one thing to defend our rights and another to deny there aren't loopholes that need to be closed.

Notice that last part "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Sure, but based on the initial premise of militias. Not regular joes.

Give me a break. I don't hang around with a criminal element and I would be willing to bet I could get an un-registered gun, with three phone calls, and have it in my hands within a couple of hours. It's one thing to defend our rights and another to deny there aren't loopholes that need to be closed.

lol, what loopholes??

you give me a break, You telling me that, someone will be willing to sell you under the table HIS OWN REGISTERED GUN. lmao.

get real.

you can buy a gun illegally, no argument about that, but what makes you think that gun was not reported stolen already, there is no law that prohibits you from reporting it stolen, there is no law that requires you either, (that is what nra is actually blocking it. new useless law).

so if your gun is stolen be responsible citizen, report it, and if someone is killed with it, at least cops know it wasn't you that pulled the trigger, (you still me be charged with lesser crime), but it is your DUTY to makes sure it wont happen, if you feel you can't make sure of that, don't own a gun, and if you think you can but fail, you will be punished. your choice.

selling your gun under the table is illegal, reporting it stolen if it is not stolen is illegal, so absence of law that requires you to report a stolen gun, if it really is stolen, makes any difference??? really? you think this guy, that already broke at least 2 laws would give a crap, and it would change his, (or especially the guy that bought his gun) intent, to sell or use the gun , or all of a sudden follow any new laws?????? yea sure....

so where is the loophole that responsible for violence? our goal is to reduce violence, isn't it?? or just pass a new law that outlaws don't care about??

lol, what loopholes??

you give me a break, You telling me that, someone will be willing to sell you under the table HIS OWN REGISTERED GUN. lmao.

get real.

I don't believe I ever said someone was selling their own registered gun under the table.

Edited by Michelle

back in those days every able man was a militia (unless you sick or crippled), there was no regular joes, a gun in every house that is how they planed to protect from tyranny and invasions, everyone is responsible. it is everyone business.

not something that describes regular joe to me.

what is regular Joe anyway? someone that isn't responsible\allowed to protect himself, his family, house, neighborhood....., someone that rolls over and depends on gvmt to protect him, take care of him, and tell him what is wrong and what is right?

• Like 2

I don't believe I ever said someone was selling their own registered gun under the table.

no?? read to what you replied with "there is a lot of truth to that". he was refering to guns that disappeared, that means they existed, and that means they were registered, otherwise they wouldn't exist in the eyes of the law.

but no, gun enthusiasts don't keep another gun that is unregistered\illegal, those would be criminals, not gun enthusiasts, you insulting real gun enthusiasts.

btw, do you know someone like that , you should report them, it is actually in the law to report illegal activity.

Edited by aztek

no?? read to what you replied with "there is a lot of truth to that". he was refering to guns that disappeared, that means they existed, and that means they were registered, otherwise they wouldn't exist in the eyes of the law.

but no, gun enthusiasts don't keep another gun that is unregistered\illegal, those would be criminals, not gun enthusiasts, you insulting real gun enthusiasts.

btw, do you know someone like that , you should report them, it is actually in the law to report illegal activity.

Get off my a**. I'm going to report my widowed mother because of a gun my dad brought home in the 60's that wasn't registered? Believe it or not, there was and still are a lot of unregistered guns out there. Deal with it.

• Like 2

So what? I just bought a nice 3006 from a close friend. Its no one business but his and mine. If the spirit of the second admendment is to give the government a reason to fear the people in the event of over reaching power, why on earth would we allow them to keep files on what weapons we have?

• Like 1

lol, what loopholes??

get real.

you can buy a gun illegally, no argument about that, but what makes you think that gun was not reported stolen already, there is no law that prohibits you from reporting it stolen, there is no law that requires you either, (that is what nra is actually blocking it. new useless law).

so if your gun is stolen be responsible citizen, report it, and if someone is killed with it, at least cops know it wasn't you that pulled the trigger, (you still me be charged with lesser crime), but it is your DUTY to makes sure it wont happen, if you feel you can't make sure of that, don't own a gun, and if you think you can but fail, you will be punished. your choice.

selling your gun under the table is illegal, reporting it stolen if it is not stolen is illegal, so absence of law that requires you to report a stolen gun, if it really is stolen, makes any difference??? really? you think this guy, that already broke at least 2 laws would give a crap, and it would change his, (or especially the guy that bought his gun) intent, to sell or use the gun , or all of a sudden follow any new laws?????? yea sure....

so where is the loophole that responsible for violence? our goal is to reduce violence, isn't it?? or just pass a new law that outlaws don't care about??

No it isnt. Nor should it be.

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 1

It isnt illegal to own a unregistered gun. Accept in cities where there are hand gun bans. Half of my guns I bought under the table.

• Like 1

It isnt illegal to own a unregistered gun. Accept in cities where there are hand gun bans. Half of my guns I bought under the table.

sure it is, ask atf. the exceptions are black powder guns, and c&r.

No it isnt. Nor should it be.

yea? lol. it is and it should be, only ffl can transfer firearm, you can't even transport handguns out of state, but you can sell to anyone you want, but it is still yours and whatever that guy does with it, and the result of it is yours too.

Get off my a**. I'm going to report my widowed mother because of a gun my dad brought home in the 60's that wasn't registered? Believe it or not, there was and still are a lot of unregistered guns out there. Deal with it.

the gun has a serial number?? if so it must be regestered, ask atf. unless you have black powder gun, or c&r gun, in that case rules are different a bit. but we aren't talking about those guns.

the gun has a serial number?? if so it must be regestered, ask atf. unless you have black powder gun, or c&r gun, in that case rules are different a bit. but we aren't talking about those guns.

ATF should be the name of a convinence store, not a government agency.

• Like 1

Did you just choose to ignore all the quotes that say otherwise?