Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Victorian 'ghost' caught in iPad image

Still Waters

The ghost app isn't anywhere as obvious as you think. I suspect most people have never heard of it. I never knew it existed until yesterday.

And people likes reading ghost stories. It's stories like this which make The Daily Mail the second-most popular British newspaper after The Sun.

It's obvious to me. Stick around this forum and soon you'll even be able to spot them just from the title of the thread.

• Like 2

on beyond the fact it's fake, why did she make him miniature and standing on/in the hedge?

Seems like these days all you can trust is a Polaroid...

Unfortunately even Polaroids are ideal for fakery. Ed Walters of the infamous Gulf Breeze hoax demonstrated how easy it is to double-expose a Polaroid. Although some of his "spacecraft" looked completely transparent against the evening sky, that didn't stop thousands of people from believing they were genuine solid flying objects.

As the UFOs supposedly followed him over several years, Walters chose not to purchase far better 35mm cameras with sharp lenses and more sensitive film to document his remarkable encounters. Instead, he purchased more Polaroid cameras! With Polaroids you don't have to worry about your failed fakes being on the same roll as your successes -- you just throw them away.

• Like 1

Unfortunately even Polaroids are ideal for fakery. Ed Walters of the infamous Gulf Breeze hoax demonstrated how easy it is to double-expose a Polaroid. Although some of his "spacecraft" looked completely transparent against the evening sky, that didn't stop thousands of people from believing they were genuine solid flying objects.

As the UFOs supposedly followed him over several years, Walters chose not to purchase far better 35mm cameras with sharp lenses and more sensitive film to document his remarkable encounters. Instead, he purchased more Polaroid cameras! With Polaroids you don't have to worry about your failed fakes being on the same roll as your successes -- you just throw them away.

Good to know!

I Was Just Wondering, If Someone One Day Were To Take A Shot Of A REAL Ghost, No One Will Believe Them Because Everybody Will Automaticall Assume It's Made With A Phone App .. :hmm:

I Was Just Wondering, If Someone One Day Were To Take A Shot Of A REAL Ghost, No One Will Believe Them Because Everybody Will Automaticall Assume It's Made With A Phone App .. :hmm:

Well, like in this topic, if the " ghost " is identical to the one in the phone app, how could you not say that?

• Like 1

Unless the original photographer can prove it's a real ghost. Which seems very unlikely, unfortunately.

If these ghosts would kindly reveal themselves in front of multiple witnesses with multiple cameras, the resulting photos would be far stronger evidence than the lone photographer who took a single blurry shot of a shapeless blob.