Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tensions between Japan and China/South Korea

Simbi Laveau

I don't see an invasion of chinese mainland, sea war is most likely and repulsing a chinese invasion of Taiwan.

Possibly ,and I never meant we invade mainland China. I would see them trying to land on American shores first .

http://www.japantoday.com/category/national/view/anti-japan-protesters-march-in-chinese-city?utm_campaign=jt_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=jt_newsletter_2012-08-26_AM

Our Navy is so far superior in all respects that it would be a suicide mission.

All it would take is for another Pearl Harbour type attack then there is no US navy for them to worry about

It's not all about superiority, it is also about tactics and the will to win

All it would take is for another Pearl Harbour type attack then there is no US navy for them to worry about

Agreed but this isn't 1941.

If it boils down to it, U.S. would badly hurt when it comes to a war with China, due to the economy strains we have with them and our deficit. But only in the financial part of our lives. The blow would definitely be soften with our War Machine gears start to grind, bringing jobs for American people to supply and meet the demands of the Army, Air Force, and Navy. To be honest to the fault, an war with China would actually revitalize America's economy, bringing back the factory base that China worked so hard to destroy. Our Navy and Air Force would most definitely double because they are our best defense against China because a military confrontation would lead to shortage in capable service men.

Not doubt about it China would most definitely suffer heavy losses and complete devastation of their air force and navy at the hands of America. As for Area-Denial Ballistic Missiles China has, they would be hunted down and take out quickly by the United States Air Force in matter of weeks followed by a Naval Blockade around U.S. allies to protect them. If China doesn't surrender, this would lead to U.S. boots on Chinese soil. Because of the number of Chinese military personal, this would definitely cause an logistic headache for United States Military and heavy losses for America. But on the flip side, because the numbers of military personal for China, they would suffer shortages of supplies that can lead to turnabout for American military. This doesn't include Air Strikes that could cause a massacre for Chinese people when it comes to air superiority. Armored united wouldn't stand an snowball chance against America's combine might of all three armed forces.

America definitely got aces of spades in military power and can definitely win any formal war against a nation hands down. Only thing that would bog U.S. down is guerrilla tactics like what is happening in Afghanistan, reason we are just now starting to pull out of the area. At least America's military now has experience in combating this type of warfare that will soften the blow when it comes to be faced with it. If some of you don't know, we have a obligation to protect Japan due to the fact we made them sign a treaty that means no offensive type of military weapons which includes the air force and navy. We are the only line of defense outside of their nation's borders.

Actually it would take multiple pearl harbors because we have navy stationed around the globe with active patrols. When Pearl Harbor happened, we didn't have active patrols or a navy stationed around the globe. There will need to be a whole new set of tactics designed to attack with simultaneously strikes to completely eliminate U.S. navy. Our Navy is the biggest in the whole world and the best, it would be extremely hard to take out U.S. navy if it is needed too. There is a reason the navy is considered to be the top spender of all three forces combined. It represents our global reach and our ability to counter-attack an attack on American assets or American soil.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 2

I may be off base here but I believe that the only real chance of serious conflict in the region will come from North Korea miscalculating and doing something stupid. All the economies of the region are so interconnected that it would be near suicidal to start a war.

• Like 1

Not sure if it's been brought up yet or not, but cyber attacks and cyber security will play a big role in a war between any two advanced countries.

• Like 1

Not sure if it's been brought up yet or not, but cyber attacks and cyber security will play a big role in a war between any two advanced countries.

Well ,I would say that's already going on .

A war between China and Japan nor South Korea will not happen, due to the consequences of losing special economic might (Japan), its vital alliance (South Korea) and free trade statuses (China) when they deal with relations with the USA. The Senkuku Islands was too far from Mainland Japan to begin with, however Japan held a claim to them before their surrender and the Treaty of San Francisco of 1951. Japan never relinquished the four southernmost Kuril Islands from the Russians when the then-Soviet Union took them in the end of WWII and remain a bitter contestant role in Russia-Japan relations. But at least, the USA returned Okinawa and the Bonin Islands in the 1970s to Japanese authorities, though US armed forced bases remain in Okinawa for purposes in East Asian affairs and US business interests.

man, i didn't know about the Nanking thing until now...hopefully the world has changed enough since then to not have to worry about it happening again.

man, i didn't know about the Nanking thing until now...hopefully the world has changed enough since then to not have to worry about it happening again.

What's happening in Syria isn't much better.

Beware the sleeping dragon, for when it awakens, it shall not sleep again.

• Like 1

Beware the sleeping dragon, for when it awakens, it shall not sleep again.

In today's climate I wonder who the sleeping dragon is... my bet would be on China as they outnumber all the other countries in manpower

it doesn't help that the Chinese have long memories and the Japanese refuse to acknowledge war crimes commited during WW2.

They've practically wiped those atrocities from their own history. It is only relatively recently that Japanese students have started learning about their forefathers' actions. For decades it was completely hidden from the public.

What's happening in Syria isn't much better.

What? The two are not even comparable. It actually cheapens the Nanking massacre to utter the two in the same breath...

What? The two are not even comparable. It actually cheapens the Nanking massacre to utter the two in the same breath...

The only difference is in scale not kind. If Assad had a completely free hand I think the two would appear very similar. I also think that when any dictator or government has such a free hand such atrocity is possible. That only seems to occur when the world is engaged in total war.

What everyone overlooks,is the chinese army is heavily trained i hand to hand combat.They also outnumber us by millions .

They would turn it into an on land face to face confrontation,and we would lose .,badly .

And its fool hardy to just say,..oh. gee,one of our biggest allies,gosh ,let another country attack them .No problem .

all countries are and most of them use the same basic tactics wich is basically MMA, but the do outnumber us so that could make us lose.

all countries are and most of them use the same basic tactics wich is basically MMA, but the do outnumber us so that could make us lose.

There is no such emphasis on this kind of training for the US army,and these guys practice this stuff,daily.

The Chinese red army also carry certain Chinese herbs on them,at all times,to save them if shot or stabbed .They do a lot of things we do not do .