Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The most hated pet names for women

Still Waters

It has become one of the most common terms of endearment used by couples, but 'babe' has been voted the most hated pet name for women.

The term, made popular by Sonny and Cher's Sixties hit I Got You Babe, come out on top in a new study.

‘Sweetcheeks’, ‘snookums’ and ‘muffin’ were also a definite no no, but terms such as ‘gorgeous’, ‘beautiful’ and ‘lovely’ were considered acceptable.

http://www.dailymail...weetcheeks.html

• Like 2

7. Ducky

9. Sexy pants

14. Puppy

15. Sugar lips

16. Treacle

18. Pickle

:huh: ... :lol: Oh my

• Like 1

I highly dislike 'babe', 'baby', 'hunny', 'sexy', the list goes on and on. I prefer my name or nickname thank you very much.

• Like 1

7. Ducky

9. Sexy pants

14. Puppy

15. Sugar lips

16. Treacle

18. Pickle

:huh: ... :lol: Oh my

21. Fluffy buttocks

22. Snake hips

23. Rod

24. Pimp

25. Danger mouse

(lol)

• Like 3

It's not only English, French has some weird pet names too. Can there ever be anything worse than calling one "mon chou", literally my cabbage!

Edited by meryt-tetisheri
  • Like 2

It's not only English, French has some weird pet names too. Can there ever be anything worse than calling one "mon chou", literally my cabbage!

Having been to France on many an occasion, "cabbage" is rather apt for the ladies, in my opinion. :)

(Only jokin'.. a bit)

• Like 1

Having been to France on many an occasion, "cabbage" is rather apt for the ladies, in my opinion. :)

(Only jokin'.. a bit)

Not fair El! Most of the French women are slim; just dont make them angry :D

• Like 1

Gorgeous, beautiful and lovely is a compliment that's why the ladied like that. Babe, hunny is more of a habit.

• Like 2

Baby, sweetcheeks, poppet, sweetheart, dear. All of them are sleazy and patronising IMO

It all depends on who's whispering the name. :) Would you complain if your Tom Daley called you "My baby"?

• Like 1

My husband and I call each other babe all the time neither of us care. But hates it when I call him sexy, he says I am lying.

• Like 1

i dont really like being given pet names like that, by men anyway. for some reason it seems kinda weird, but my friend calls me most of those on the list, and i love it. there was a woman i knew once who called everyone baby girl/boy, and that sort of annoyed me though.

• Like 1

Oh! 'Girl'! That's one I despise! I am a woman, I can buy cigarettes and booze, I no longer wear pigtails, why do you want a girl?

• Like 1

21. Fluffy buttocks

22. Snake hips

23. Rod

24. Pimp

25. Danger mouse

(lol)

Rod?! That's really amused me!

• Like 2

Danger mouse? :w00t:

• Like 1

I *hate* being called babe .It's so condescending.

Then the other one I hate is Japanese .Tenshi .It means angel ...tenshi ,tenshi ..fail

• Like 1

You would think a guy would like being called snake hips.

I actually like being called sugar lips ....heh

• Like 1

I don't care for darl'n or hun :td: I don't mind snake hips though lmao! Where did you come up with those pet names El? They are so adorable! Lol

I don't care for darl'n or hun :td: I don't mind snake hips though lmao! Where did you come up with those pet names El? They are so adorable! Lol

My lips are sealed. Talkin of seals.. I knew a guy once who's GF called him Flipper. lol (UM rules forbid me telling you exactly why but it involved the clapping of hands, making strange barking noises and getting a reward that was not fish)

• Like 1