Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rambling Poetry Thread

SpiritWriter

I walked along a still water,

tip toeing across a row of stones

I looked into the clear glass,

wanting to disturb it.

I marveled at how the tiniest vibrations

could wake up a whole lake.

There were no trees above me.

I was in the wide open light

holding a bushel of tiny pink roses.

Some of the petals were loosening.

Edited by SpiritWriter
  • Like 1

Hold my pen

oh Lord

and let your graceful

lips glide

thin line to thin line.

You are my bluest pen,

my crystalline shining blindingly

without clarity.

You drill burnt images

that float around

in the sky

because of the damage

in my eye.

Hold my pen, oh Lord.

Let your graceful lips

glide, thin line to thin line.

You are my bluest pen,

my crystalline shining blindingly

without clarity.

You drill burnt images

that float around

in the sky of my mind

because of the damage

to my eye.

Edited by SpiritWriter

"Know that there is no time while we are on this earth and in this present body that we have the answers to anything or comprehend any aspect of a situation 100%. We know what we know and we don't know what we don't know. Some understanding is broader than what can be explained verbally. Check yourself before you wreck yourself. If you feel someone has the ability to do you harm and that they should realize how they act, recognize that you also need to realize how you act. Your words can hurt and put a person in a defensive stance, be thoughtful.

Be purposeful. Be for real. Don't be afraid to say what needs to be said. Learn and grow. Use what you have learned for healthy gain. Don't use old strategies that have never worked.

Not everyone thinks like you do. They are not in the mind set of using life and the interactions therein to benefit them. They are in a place that revolves only around themselves and the knowledge you have will not penetrate them. You can speak freely about what you see and it may or may not have an affect on them. In wisdom we know we can't put it past anyone to act out of the flesh. Remember also we cannot see any situation fully, only in part."

The above is a journal entry written while contemplating the early stages of an abusive relationship. Look at the mind set, although this seems thoughtful, reflecting on it now, out of the relationship I can see the confusion in my mind. Specifically in these statements: "Check yourself before you wreck yourself. If you feel someone has the ability to do you harm and that they should realize how they act, recognize that you also need to realize how you act. Your words can hurt and put a person in a defensive stance, be thoughtful."

This is me talking to myself, ridiculing myself after my ex had just been a complete ******* to me. But at the same time it has some truth. The development of abuse is underhanded and sneaky and it does it all on its own. It is common for a reasonably minded woman to experience feelings of confusion in the beginning of the relationship when he hasn't gone all out in showing his true colors just quite yet... But go ahead and re-read it with this stance. You will see other indicators. Quite intriguing psychology. I think it was also noteworthy that I was exploring and thinking about these things.

Writing your feelings down helps verbalize it when talking to your mate. Your beliefs and the way that you feel will be further drilled into your conscious mind and right at the tip of your tongue if you wrote it down and also read it out loud (or not), it helps you explore your own thinking and further investigate what you think is going on. If you have made a conscious decision to be serious about only practicing intelligent and low drama communication, you and your partner should be able to discuss any matter without fear of being ridiculed or rejected or any other response that would lead to "negative" feelings about oneself and an "unresolved" problem. To acknowledge the "negative feeling" factor is an important one. What is the negative feeling? Ridicule, ugliness, fright, long-term (more than a day) lessening of respect for yourself or your partner, depression.

Women are emotional, but we do have emotions for a reason. For too long we have been told not to listen to our bodies. There is a difference between reacting on impulse in a way that we are "snapping" on someone, and analyzing a situation rationally and with reason by listening to the responses our natural bodies. Why are we upset? Why are we crying? Why do we lay next to our partners feeling far away and not wanting them to touch us? Are we really over reacting? Can you not remember what the argument was about? If you are GROWN, this should not be happening. If you are trying to grow tell your mate, he needs to start communicating effectively, and you yourself be firm about it. Act in the way you expect him to act, do not imitate his childishness. Re-intact the situation that led to the argument, listen to the words that he's saying and write the episode down verbatim so that you do not forget how ridiculous it was. Many of the words that exchange will also become important while analyzing the behavior.

Most importantly: Is he making sense? I tell everybody I deal with: "I can't deal with you if you don't make sense." This is the number one lesson I tell young women about analyzing the behavior of young men. Don't deal with a guy who doesn't make sense when he talks...

Edited by SpiritWriter

I haven't read every single word in this topic ....... but what I did read I liked :D ........... it's quirky :rofl:

• Like 1

I haven't read every single word in this topic ....... but what I did read I liked :D ........... it's quirky :rofl:

Thank you very kindly Ouija :D:rofl: :rofl: Come on back any ol time. :D Post your own words whenever you want to say whats on your mind. :yes:

I wouldn't like to put myself 'out there' with my thoughts, as you are doing; I would rather write a private journal. Can I ask what it is you like about expressing yourself this way? You say that when you did it on FaceBook no one seemed to take any notice.

I wouldn't like to put myself 'out there' with my thoughts, as you are doing; I would rather write a private journal. Can I ask what it is you like about expressing yourself this way? You say that when you did it on FaceBook no one seemed to take any notice.

On facebook: I was invited to a group by a poet fellow from Australia, in which there were many members of another poetry group that I was also apart of. The group was called "Semi-Coherent Ramblings of Sleep Deprivation". The originator was very active and the other members had few posts but mostly continued to share on the other groups that were more popular and not that one. I kind of got addicted to it and then originator of the group disappeared into the shadows with his new girlfriend and it was then only me.

I never thought about "why" I liked it. I will have to ponder that. But, I will say - I like the 'rambling' setting, random free flow thought, I find it intriguing. I think this format encourages experiential writing, poetry, new vocabulary words, current study topics, story pieces, randomness, inspiration, theory, the list is really endless. Its like a smorgasbord, a bathroom reader, gumbo... My best way to explain why I like it is because - the way my brain is constructed I am drawn to this activity, as someone would be drawn to reading the paper or doing crossword puzzles... *shrugs*. I am hopeful that perhaps maybe two or three others will join me (an entry or two from time to time - or all the time if they get hooked like I did) and add their own flare :)

PEACE and thanks for the question

I am reminded of your face

in the round eyes I see

blinking around the city

and in the certain curves

of sideways noses

that protrude just so

from puffy slopes

regardless

of what you hide behind

or what your strange cries

sound like

in the middle of the night

I still see you

all water

has been a storm

and every light

takes a speckled form

change is just the same

what is space between us

when I am locked

into your molecules

and what is time

but the upward wave

that pulls our cores

back to shore

Edited by SpiritWriter

The roar in my belly

is of a satisfied lioness.

I have eaten the animal

of Quivering Fear

and left it in the grass.

Low in the lonely room

he held out his eyes

the curves of his resting place

sloped - uncomfortably down

he made a landing for my elbow

"Take this cup."

gurgled up from the hole

that sucked for attention

his words dampened his lips

with blood and drool

he had pulled his own tooth

out by the root

I knew from the little men's plastic emotions

his clanging had made mountains

and with stolen matches

he would melt their faces away

as soon as I turned from the room

I breathe through the spaces in my ribcage

hoping to push them past their current rasp

but I find they still bend inward.

I can only lend a tear to your tousled mass.

Edited by SpiritWriter

He lurks on the side door

long and lean

but it is only an illusion

you see he stands

purposed afront the charging beam

acting to potential

as if the wind were blowing

as if he had a sword

no matter how his garment swayed

his lips were swung one way

his overall face was quite disgruntled

Do you ever chat? Do you think we could perhaps meet. I have not read your writings, or listened to your lectures, maybe I should do that correct?

Well... I got your info after reading the "hat man and shadow people" thread on *** website. OMG I just joined this website and these shadow people/animals/demons/hatman experiences have been haunting me or should I say "presently on my mind intensely" for several years. I just want to say that it is a relief and utter blessing to get the testimony that I've received. There are a multitude of accounts of other witnesses. I am so pleased that you have come face to face with the Lord, although I have not yet listened to your testimonies. I pray a blessing upon both of us tonight, truly just thanking the Lord, for such a mighty blessing to be under the anointing and assured in His plan.

I have not seen the Lord face to face, but I have received "the pouring of the oil" and the "holy ghost" through singing and other possessions of my body through the Lord!

Anyway, I will further investigate and read your work etc.. I know that you may be busy in the Lord, but I want to tell you that I think that I am in some sort of transition. I feel that I should become more academic, and that I should go through a new test, just as I did when I initially received my "salvation". There is so much in the heavenly realms that I am drawn to and want to advance in. I just want to figure it all out. Thank you for entertaining me and I'm glad to meet you, although we have never spoke.

I like the way the Lord works. Just a small word can get a person thinking you know what I mean...

Peace be blessed TTYS

Edited by SpiritWriter

Opposing sides collide.

In the battlefield they die -

together, combine their splinters.

A waft of cumulated angst

grafts a bloom of new fragrance.

Edited by SpiritWriter

I tell you to be careful, so that you yourself would not be mesmerized by such a thing and therefore be put into a trance, but that you would remember it is a tool, to be used by you.. and only you. She was referring to the encapsulated _______. The _______ within the stone was dead and so was he. I would think that with her magic she could have made it a living thing. I knew she could read my mind but still I concealed my emotions. I was grieved that she would remind me of him, and ask me to hold on to something unliving. I let the sadness burn behind my eyes only, it did not well up or spill down my face. My lips were tense so not to quiver. I also rejected the thought that with her powers she could have prevented all of this from happening in the first place. I criticized her, silently of course. She could have taken up the whole island, brought it to the sky. Behind her darkness broke out against the blue. Silhouettes of the ancestors rose and moved around like monsters. I felt sick and suddenly wanted to lie down. _______ took me and made a bed for me, she stroked my eyes and soon I was asleep.

The mystery of the fallen bodies...

when the flowers abound in their glory

they are magnificent - taking on even mountainous hills.

In the heat of the sun, the man of the dawn has already come to them,

gathering what has withered, taking to the blade what is ashen and gray.

Working slowly and minding his own he weaves his trace in and out of the brush.

If you were to see him stooping, you would dismiss it soon for quickly too he also fades.

He is gone for a break, eating lunch with his spouse at a nearby cafe.

You see him again, wearing the same coat, but you do not recognize him as the man in the garden.

Sirens sore nightly and there is a task performed only by some.

It is not as remarkable to see a bristly bunch of daisies, hard and beyond reach of a drink,

but the body of men we remember.

Edited by SpiritWriter

Hi Spirit Writer. Nice Ramblings..

There's a Writers and artists forum here, encase you didn't know.

http://www.unexplain...hp?showforum=68

Come take a peek..

Oh, thank you so much. I did not know that...

Thread Moved :)

Wow, Still Waters, that was fast and amazing!!!! :) Thanks!

:D You're welcome :tu:

In woken life wakeful thoughts,

drift endless on the tide.

In daily life dreams invade the mind,

though eyes are open wide.

But when we sleep,

our eyes are closed,

seldom are our dreams disclosed,

where we went, no one knows.

Edited to add: but I'm trying to find out.

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 2

A River

Swirling water, crystal clear,

calls me quickly to come near,

showing that I have no fear,

I kiss away her gentle tear.

• Like 2

A River

Swirling water, crystal clear,

calls me quickly to come near,

showing that I have no fear,

I kiss away her gentle tear.

YEAY guys! :) :) :su :su :clap:

Edited by SpiritWriter
  • Like 1

The Psychoanalysis of Myself, a Spider and an Invisible Stranger

In an attempt to get to know myself

I drew a box and within it

listed all my thoughts and emotions

but that didn't work.

I seemed to be endless and uncontainable.

I found that I was as deep as I was long

and as forward as I was backward.

I was better off sipping soup

and admiring the back of my hand

than thinking I could totally understand myself.

So now, as I try to presume the reasons you do not love me,

I sit here listening to myself, having not a clue,

Except that, you are also one like me,

an invisible yet eternal well,

you are a body,

blocked by my body,

and that is just as well.

Something that apparently would go so well

(sorry for all the wells)

is blocked by the flesh,

which is the face,

which is the appearance of what is real,

for all we search for is the beauty.

Look to where it is mysterious

and then you will see my ugly.

Look into where you get lost,

in the large and the soft swells and inwardly

to the red meat that is turning green.

Pretend you are asleep

if you have to.

This was his reply:

It is not the dirt and the meat that meet.

There is something more

than being under the skin

that leads to pure connection.

Whoever said we must reveal all

is lost in the past.

I do see your beauty

but you continue to bury it

into the ground.

You ask me to dig it up again.

Now I am confused

because at once it was abounding.

You say you cannot put a finger on a thing.

I tell you I'm not thinking.

When we were alone in the blood knot

and in the crack between two stones

we were snug together.

We sang and I drew in a tight breath,

constricting your veins in congeals of panic.

I was the spider hair,

the million mile line,

the spun skin

over all of your organs.

Not far gone, I am

overhead, softly birthing in the rafters.

Still I catch you sometimes,

mostly in September.

You walk past and snatch away my sparkle.

Edited by SpiritWriter
  • Like 2

quiet whispers

shout out loud

when the lights fade off

and i am alone

I trust myself most of the time

because this is the key

to feeling free

I'm in the dark but i can see

who is who

and most importantly