Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pagan Practices 101

Simbi Laveau

For those interested in a different path but one that might be more authentic to them I recommend the following books:

ChristoPaganism: An Inclusive Path by Joyce and River Higginbotham

Postmodern Magic: The Art of Magic in the Information Age by Patrick Dunn.

I

Dunn's view is also more academic since he is a college instructor so check out his blog: http://pomomagic.wordpress.com/

I am a Christian witch. There are not many of us and those who exist are so varied in approach so it is understood there is no single way to be a Christian witch.

My preference is for low and folk magic which can help me as a modern person living in a city. Spells are simple and based on need and are usually devised by myself although I can borrow some ideas from others but the end product is highly customized and personal while still being simple.

For the very few who might possibly be interested in networking PM me. No questions about this path, you either understand and accept, or not. There is no need to convince anyone. I also speak very normal without the need for merry meet and the like. Keep it ordinary.

I agree, in my understanding pagan was a term early christians had for pretty much any non-christians they came across, excepting the Jews of course.

I have heard christians refer to buddhists as pagans :D

Hrm. My guess would have been either Hindus or Christians (incl catholics)

I was watching some docu on religions,only because AMMA was on it,and it said,more catholics than any other religion,anei fell on the floor.

The vatican has a lot of power....

At least they don't assassinate people anymore,or do they .....

:)

I found the whole :CONVERT TO OUR GOD YOU HEATHENS ,OR WE WILL KILL YOU ,so distasteful as a child,I refused to go to church.

When I got older ,and learned about Vatican assassins,I was appalled.

No offense to any catholics . I've even been baptised as a baby,but I find Catholicism the most hypocritical religion on the planet .

• Like 1

Interesting combination, a Christian witch. Rather like a "gay Conservative", you don't heard it very often. I take it that all the places in the Bible condemning witches aren't important then?

There are many Christian and Jewish witches.

They are of one religion ,but are drawn to another path,and find a way to mesh the two .

In voodoo and Santeria,many are devout catholics ! They go to church on Sundays,and go out to the woods for the calling down of the Lwa,the other days of the week.

• Like 1

There are many Christian and Jewish witches.

They are of one religion ,but are drawn to another path,and find a way to mesh the two .

In voodoo and Santeria,many are devout catholics ! They go to church on Sundays,and go out to the woods for the calling down of the Lwa,the other days of the week.

I know, I'm just struck by the oddness of the combination. Because it seems to me that a witch can't fully embrace that path with all the restrictions the Bible place on practice, and a Christian can't embrace witchcraft... really at all, without violating the Bible's commands. It just strikes me as an untenable mixture. But that's just me...

I'm very interested in how say wiccans interact with their deities/spirits? Is it indirectly through lore and ritual or is it face to face some how?

Wiccans ,for the most part ,do it with ritual.

Samhain is the most important ritual of the year,for most wiccans anyway,and that's when we call the horned god to come,to bless the new year with abundance,but it is the goddess we worship .Nothing happens without the goddess,and devotion to her is constant .

Depending upon individual beliefs,some wiccans like to call other earth dieties ,ffrom various pantheons .Artemis ,Bacchus,Athena ,Isis,are used frequently .

In religions like Santeria and voodoo,we call the deity down ,and it is alleged to possess its initiate ,so its much more face to face.

Also ,people who practice ceremonial magick,which is the basis of most OTO and Golden Dawn practices,the magician does a protective circle,and summon the demon of their choosing ,listed in the Goetia .

So I guess that's face to face ?

I am not a fan of that kind of summoning .I have used goetia in my works,but I don't "summon" them.

I use them in the same way I would use an orisha of Santeria . It's more of a request ,so ,I have no idea if anyone has ever come face to face with a goetia demon .

I am going to have to ask about this now,as I've never given it any thought before .

Edited by Simbi Laveau

Hi,

I started reading about Wicca a few years ago and I can communicate with spirits as well. I've tried to cast a few simple spells, like protection ones and I can't figure out why they're not working as well as they should. Any advise?

When you first start,your energies are not yet focused.You only get out of it,what you put into it.

Intent ,concentration,and energy are required .

What kind of spells are you doing ? Candle,herbal ?

And what kind are we talking about .From and ex boyfriend,from evil eye,from other worldly entities,from the tax man ?

For all protection,you must envision white light engulfing you,just as a mental exercise .

Burning white hot light . I also put mirrors up,so that anyone sending something bad my way,it gets reflected back to them.No harm,so karma is clean ,but if you just send their own bad thoughts back to them,its on them,not you .

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1

Wiccans ,for the most part ,do it with ritual.

Samhain is the most important ritual of the year,for most wiccans anyway,and that's when we call the horned god to come,to bless the new year with abundance,but it is the goddess we worship .Nothing happens without the goddess,and devotion to her is constant .

Depending upon individual beliefs,some wiccans like to call other earth dieties ,ffrom various pantheons .Artemis ,Bacchus,Athena ,Isis,are used frequently .

In religions like Santeria and voodoo,we call the deity down ,and it is alleged to possess its initiate ,so its much more face to face.

Also ,people who practice ceremonial magick,which is the basis of most OTO and Golden Dawn practices,the magician does a protective circle,and summon the demon of their choosing ,listed in the Goetia .

So I guess that's face to face ?

I am not a fan of that kind of summoning .I have used goetia in my works,but I don't "summon" them.

I use them in the same way I would use an orisha of Santeria . It's more of a request ,so ,I have no idea if anyone has ever come face to face with a goetia demon .

I am going to have to ask about this now,as I've never given it any thought before .

Really... The goddess?!? What are her attributes. Is she a creator or collective conciousness spirit? Or something else.

What sort of "currency" entices a demon or diety to act?

I did a year learning Wicca as part of a coven. I got the boot on the year and a day along with everyone else in the coven. It's complicated, but I learned a lot about ritual and call the God/dess. This how most Wiccan rituals go.

1. Everyone lines up outside the circle at the Eastern gate. As you enter you are smugged with sage or sweet grass for purification. Usually saying enter with perfect love and perfect trust. You walk round the fire east to south on around.

2. Then you sweep the circle of negativity with a bosom (broom).

3. Bless water and salt and bless the circle with it and declare it sacred space.

4. Call in the quarters. Lighting the candles

5. Call in the God and Goddess. Lighting their candles. Light the unity candle. The priest and priestess usually call the Lord and Lady aspects into themselves.

6. Then you do your coven business, some kind of magic or healing, what has been planned for the evening.

7. Cakes and Ale, are passed out, (usually wine and cookies) Saying may you never thirst, may you never hunger.

8. Then you reverse the whole thing releasing the Gods, quarters and opening the circle.

Everyone does it a little different depending on, pantheon, tradition and time of the year, but that is an basically what happens.

We used to create a lot of power buy holding hands and chanting or even humming.

• Like 1

We used to create a lot of power buy holding hands and chanting or even humming.

I'm curious on whether you feel that the power created was primarily due to the focus of the people present or if you feel that the ritual/deities were actively assisting the build of that power?

Really... The goddess?!? What are her attributes. Is she a creator or collective conciousness spirit? Or something else.

What sort of "currency" entices a demon or diety to act?

In Neo Pagan religions Gods and Goddesses can get complex. They are polytheistic nature religions. Gods and Goddesses are different aspects of nature, Earth, universe or the self. Much of it depends on pantheon is used.

I used the Tuatha D'e Danann which is Irish Celtic pantheon. My Priestess uses Welsh.

This is a cool site of Celtic Gods, Goddesses and their stories.

http://www.shee-eire.com/Magic&Mythology/Races/Tuatha-De-Danann/Page1.htm

I know people who use Egyptians, Greek, Roman, Viking and African God/desses. Creation stories very by tradition. Some people even mix them up. I don't know any Pagans who see as literal creation stories or folklore. (OMG's there are just to many creation stories and they can't all be true.) I am sure there are literalist out there, but most go with science on this.

In most traditions you gave some kind of offering to the Gods; coins, feathers, cigars... all depends on the Gods and what you want. Demons, I don't do demons that is a Santeria, Voodoo thing.

• Like 2

I'm curious on whether you feel that the power created was primarily due to the focus of the people present or if you feel that the ritual/deities were actively assisting the build of that power?

For me it is the people and the Earth. The ritual prepares you mentally and helps you focus. For me deities are irrelevant. Some people like to use them, I don't. My greatest power is the universe and since I am the universe, I am my greatest power.

• Like 1

When you first start,your energies are not yet focused.You only get out of it,what you put into it.

And what kind are we talking about .From and ex boyfriend,from evil eye,from other worldly entities,from the tax man ?

For all protection,you must envision white light engulfing you,just as a mental exercise .

Burning white hot light . I also put mirrors up,so that anyone sending something bad my way,it gets reflected back to them.No harm,so karma is clean ,but if you just send their own bad thoughts back to them,its on them,not you .

I saw "..from the tax man?" and that just made my day! No, more like from demons. I have an open aura and I'm an empath and I just attract a lot of negative energy. I've seen shadows since I was four. The spells are mainly from a demon I started getting visits from about 5 years ago. He's very physically, sexually and mentally violent towards me. He told me that in a past life I killed him and he won't stop until I'm dead.

I did a year learning Wicca as part of a coven. I got the boot on the year and a day along with everyone else in the coven. It's complicated, but I learned a lot about ritual and call the God/dess. This how most Wiccan rituals go.

1. Everyone lines up outside the circle at the Eastern gate. As you enter you are smugged with sage or sweet grass for purification. Usually saying enter with perfect love and perfect trust. You walk round the fire east to south on around.

2. Then you sweep the circle of negativity with a bosom (broom).

3. Bless water and salt and bless the circle with it and declare it sacred space.

4. Call in the quarters. Lighting the candles

5. Call in the God and Goddess. Lighting their candles. Light the unity candle. The priest and priestess usually call the Lord and Lady aspects into themselves.

6. Then you do your coven business, some kind of magic or healing, what has been planned for the evening.

7. Cakes and Ale, are passed out, (usually wine and cookies) Saying may you never thirst, may you never hunger.

8. Then you reverse the whole thing releasing the Gods, quarters and opening the circle.

Everyone does it a little different depending on, pantheon, tradition and time of the year, but that is an basically what happens.

Such an utter crock of crap.

Even in ny,we don't do that.

You show up at the meeting place,and unless the ritual calls for cakes and ale,we don't bother.

We usually only brought food for Lakshmi and Ganesh rituals we do,which arent even wiccan.

The only reason to be in a coven ,is the added energy of many people .

We used to meet,set up ,cast a circle ,do our thing ,break it all down,go for dinner somewhere .

Did they take money from you ? As some covens do that .

• Like 2

Both .The Samhain ritual is huge,and with everyone singing and dancing in the circle,the space begins to vibrate with power .

All of our energies combined,in calling to the god and goddess .It's exhilarating .

I love the songs and chants. They have always seemed so familiar to me,as if I have known them all my life.

• Like 2

I saw "..from the tax man?" and that just made my day! No, more like from demons. I have an open aura and I'm an empath and I just attract a lot of negative energy. I've seen shadows since I was four. The spells are mainly from a demon I started getting visits from about 5 years ago. He's very physically, sexually and mentally violent towards me. He told me that in a past life I killed him and he won't stop until I'm dead.

Ooooowwww,this is most specific ....you need major banishing,cleansing and protection .

I think its lying to you . I confront them,but I have the ability to send them packing

If it were me ,I would say to it : if i killed you ,karma will take care of me,which means there's no reason for you to be here at all .

Leave ,or I will make you leave,and you won't like it .

It sounds like a demon to me. If you want,I can tell you how to send Kali after it . Tell it Kali is going to eat him ,and then laugh .

You will need to chant her mantra . Her symbol is always a good thing to know .I can probably find it on line for you ..

If you want to just do banishing to start ,for you,you need at least 2 white candles. A bag of sea salt . A bottle of Florida water

....I would also get white flowers ,you can also do an egg bath .

There's a lot of ways to go about it ,but its messing with you .

Tell it,in a harsh tone,to **** off .

They back off a bit if you get very defensive .They expect you to be afraid .

• Like 1

In Neo Pagan religions Gods and Goddesses can get complex. They are polytheistic nature religions. Gods and Goddesses are different aspects of nature, Earth, universe or the self. Much of it depends on pantheon is used.

I used the Tuatha D'e Danann which is Irish Celtic pantheon. My Priestess uses Welsh.

This is a cool site of Celtic Gods, Goddesses and their stories.

http://www.shee-eire.com/Magic&Mythology/Races/Tuatha-De-Danann/Page1.htm

I know people who use Egyptians, Greek, Roman, Viking and African God/desses. Creation stories very by tradition. Some people even mix them up. I don't know any Pagans who see as literal creation stories or folklore. (OMG's there are just to many creation stories and they can't all be true.) I am sure there are literalist out there, but most go with science on this.

In most traditions you gave some kind of offering to the Gods; coins, feathers, cigars... all depends on the Gods and what you want. Demons, I don't do demons that is a Santeria, Voodoo thing.

Noooooo,we don't have demons in Santeria and voodoo .They are deities ,like other pantheons .

And yes,offerings. In most cases,each entity ,has specific things they like .

For Santeria ,Palo ,and voodoo ,they all love rum and cigars,save ellegua ,he shouldn't get either.

He likes toys and candy .He's almost child like,except he loves changos sword,so he steals it ,and plays with it.

Sooo,for example,my goddess is Oya,she loves the color purple,cloves ,and rainbows .

So any purple foods.

Plums,eggplant,raisins .purple flowers .

I use clove oil to annoint ,and I put rainbow colors of glitter in it .

Her number is nine ,so ive her nine pennies .

She rules the cemetery ,so some graveyard dirt ,or leave the ritual remains in a cemetery.

Her water is rainwater.

I always collect some for her during huge storms.

Like that.

Her animal is pigeons,and her Palo equivalent loves cats.

If you chose to ask a certain entity for help,offerings are a must .

• Like 1

http://paganwiccan.about.com/od/wiccanandpaganrituals/ht/Cast_Circle.htm

Here is a How To for circle casting.

Casting a circle,is basically to make you space safe and pure ,to do the work that needs be done.

This one is more elaborate than we bother with .

We do not worry about which direction we ENTER the circle,but when calling to the four directions,you do face that pole.

Them being north south east and west .

We also do not use candles at the 4 poles,just one on the altar,which is in the center of the room.

The altar should have representations of all four elements.

Air is usually incense,fire is the candle.

A small saucer of water,and for earth,you can use salt,sand ,actual earth ,and I also put gemstones.

They come from the earth or water sometimes,and they add to the energy.

Amethyst and quartz crystal usually,but this can be very personal ,especially if you cast the circle by yourself.

An athame is also not necessary ,but it is symbolic .

You can use any other long metal object or simple knife,but it should have no other uses .

I use a long quartz crystal .its been wrapped in copper and has colors of the chakras all along its shaft ,and the clear crystal ends peek out at either end .

It's actually a tool of clearing bad energies from a living creature ,but I use it for both,but its used only for those two jobs .

You can call to the goddess or god of your choosing ,but be sure to thank them for coming and gracing you with their presence,and tell them they can bid farewell now,and close the four directions .

Be sure to do the four directions in the proper order though.

I know some people who cast a circle to do astral projection work ,to protect their bodies,while they are "out".

You can find vids of circle casting on YouTube,to get a feel for it,but you can Taylor it ,to your liking ,and needs.

Edited by Simbi Laveau

This is the song we sing . Usually for Samhain ritual .

Yes yes,I do a lot of Wiccan things,but that's because my peeps are wiccan .If I go to one of their events,I do the wiccan thing ,but its not my calling,but I feel at home within those surroundings .Much more so,than say if I went to Sunday mass .

Where my scum bag neighbor will be sitting near me smiling,when I know he poisoned all the cats I was feeding in my yard,while he says his amens ,and hosanna in the highests...

I am initiated into both Welch and Gardnerian traditions. If I had kept it up,I would be like a triple high priestess at this point.

No interest .

It's just part of what I do ,and feel comfortable with .

If I miss a big wiccan holiday ,I don't fall apart. Put it to you that way,but I do at least 3-4 a year .

http://paganwiccan.a...Cast_Circle.htm

Here is a How To for circle casting.

Casting a circle,is basically to make you space safe and pure ,to do the work that needs be done.

This one is more elaborate than we bother with .

We do not worry about which direction we ENTER the circle,but when calling to the four directions,you do face that pole.

Them being north south east and west .

We also do not use candles at the 4 poles,just one on the altar,which is in the center of the room.

The altar should have representations of all four elements.

Air is usually incense,fire is the candle.

A small saucer of water,and for earth,you can use salt,sand ,actual earth ,and I also put gemstones.

They come from the earth or water sometimes,and they add to the energy.

Amethyst and quartz crystal usually,but this can be very personal ,especially if you cast the circle by yourself.

An athame is also not necessary ,but it is symbolic .

You can use any other long metal object or simple knife,but it should have no other uses .

I use a long quartz crystal .its been wrapped in copper and has colors of the chakras all along its shaft ,and the clear crystal ends peek out at either end .

It's actually a tool of clearing bad energies from a living creature ,but I use it for both,but its used only for those two jobs .

You can call to the goddess or god of your choosing ,but be sure to thank them for coming and gracing you with their presence,and tell them they can bid farewell now,and close the four directions .

Be sure to do the four directions in the proper order though.

I know some people who cast a circle to do astral projection work ,to protect their bodies,while they are "out".

You can find vids of circle casting on YouTube,to get a feel for it,but you can Taylor it ,to your liking ,and needs.

[media=]

[/media]

what does a spirit look like? or do you just feel them or soemthing?

I used to be a Wiccan a few years ago, but I ultimately reverted back to being just a simple Pagan. I can't get into the whole Earth mother and gatherings of people in flowy dresses. It works for some people, but not me. I have been a Pagan for about ten years, and I have dabbled in Satanism during that time. Ultimately, I find myself still being very much atheistic since I don't believe in a higher power of creator, but I do practice magic. When I light a candle on my shrine to Lilith, it's not that I'm lighting a candle to a divine being. It's more like I'm lighting a candle in her memory or to the thought of her. I believe that deities of any kind can only exist as long as people believe in them, but I don't believe in spiritual energy floating around in the cosmos. By most definitions I'm an eclectic atheistic witch, since in my opinion, the practice of witchcraft and spells is just the application of theoretical physics. I very much dislike how some pagans choose to completely ignore the darker side of the craft, and this is a problem I faced a lot with others who were Wiccan. In Wicca, you can't practice or reinforce dark magic or negative energy, which I am not okay with. Everyone should be able to practice their religion how they want to, even if that includes hexes and curses.

To add more, I also believe that even if there were divine beings, I don't think they would really want anything to do with us. They are DIVINE. BEINGS. We are just people. Not every god or goddess or whatever will want to work with you. I know it sounds mean, but just because you call to Artemis or Aries doesn't mean that he will help with your spell. If they are the gods that you believe them to be, you need to make offerings to them and gain their favor before they will work with you. I meditated and did dream work to Lilith for six months before she ever made her presence known to me. Mediate, mediate, meditate and make offerings to any divine being you want to work with BEFORE working with them. Spells aren't something you do on a Friday night when you are bored- they can be serious things either for good or for harm, and you should put some work and thought into it before going through with it.

So yeah, basically do whatever you want with your craft.

Edited by Hellcat009
  • Like 3

I used to be a Wiccan a few years ago, but I ultimately reverted back to being just a simple Pagan. I can't get into the whole Earth mother and gatherings of people in flowy dresses. It works for some people, but not me. I have been a Pagan for about ten years, and I have dabbled in Satanism during that time. Ultimately, I find myself still being very much atheistic since I don't believe in a higher power of creator, but I do practice magic. When I light a candle on my shrine to Lilith, it's not that I'm lighting a candle to a divine being. It's more like I'm lighting a candle in her memory or to the thought of her. I believe that deities of any kind can only exist as long as people believe in them, but I don't believe in spiritual energy floating around in the cosmos. By most definitions I'm an eclectic atheistic witch, since in my opinion, the practice of witchcraft and spells is just the application of theoretical physics. I very much dislike how some pagans choose to completely ignore the darker side of the craft, and this is a problem I faced a lot with others who were Wiccan. In Wicca, you can't practice or reinforce dark magic or negative energy, which I am not okay with. Everyone should be able to practice their religion how they want to, even if that includes hexes and curses.

So yeah, basically do whatever you want with your craft.

The only religion I ever considered truely converting to,was Hindu/Tibetan forms of Buddhism .

I also do not feel comfortable with some wiccan elements,but I believe in certain higher powers .

Your approach to Lilith is quite interesting though . I like it .

And any Wicca who goes on about do no harm etc,has probably cast more black spells than rings on their fingers.

Shhhhhhhh .....they want to keep it a secret .

What was that crazy woman's name....Armida .

Wow,I haven't said her name in years .

She was the worst of them all.

All this alleged wiccan love,and she probably killed thousands of animals,horribly ,in rituals.

Its been suggested she killed a few humans too....

Wow,so long ago.

I heard she died an agonizing death of cancer....

She was despised by the entire Wiccan community .

You feel the energy . I occasionally see things ,but most of it is done to honor the entity .

Most people will not see anything ,unless they are very sensitive ,and its not usually a form of a person you see.

Odd wisps of what looks like smoke. Flashes .

An HPs friend of mine ,one saw a screaming skull flying around the room .

She said it was laughing and not scary .I wasn't there ,so I missed it .

One technique for shielding is to visualize a wall all around you but have it so that the shield allows the positive energy through. Some shields are so rigid they do not allow this.

Then have the shield not reflect back negative energy but have it slide down into the ground so it can be grounded in the earth below us and be recycled as positive energy.

Also a few who practice shielding overdo it to the point of paranoia and always have a shield up which is just not conducive to balancing.

Noooooo,we don't have demons in Santeria and voodoo .They are deities ,like other pantheons .

And yes,offerings. In most cases,each entity ,has specific things they like .

For Santeria ,Palo ,and voodoo ,they all love rum and cigars,save ellegua ,he shouldn't get either.

He likes toys and candy .He's almost child like,except he loves changos sword,so he steals it ,and plays with it.

Sooo,for example,my goddess is Oya,she loves the color purple,cloves ,and rainbows .

So any purple foods.

Plums,eggplant,raisins .purple flowers .

I use clove oil to annoint ,and I put rainbow colors of glitter in it .

Her number is nine ,so ive her nine pennies .

She rules the cemetery ,so some graveyard dirt ,or leave the ritual remains in a cemetery.

Her water is rainwater.

I always collect some for her during huge storms.

Like that.

Her animal is pigeons,and her Palo equivalent loves cats.

If you chose to ask a certain entity for help,offerings are a must .

Indeed, while Santeria and Voodoo are forms of Christopaganism, the orixas and spirits of those traditions are not demons. That sounds more like mainstream Christian bs to me to think those traditions have anything to do with demons.

It is also refreshing to have a resident witch here who is open with herself and others. That you most likely understand that the syncretism of Christopaganism and other blended faiths is the most natural thing ever for those who embrace these paths. Your acceptance of others is awesome and comforting to my heart.

• Like 2

The only religion I ever considered truely converting to,was Hindu/Tibetan forms of Buddhism .

I also do not feel comfortable with some wiccan elements,but I believe in certain higher powers .

Your approach to Lilith is quite interesting though . I like it .

And any Wicca who goes on about do no harm etc,has probably cast more black spells than rings on their fingers.

Shhhhhhhh .....they want to keep it a secret .

What was that crazy woman's name....Armida .

Wow,I haven't said her name in years .

She was the worst of them all.

All this alleged wiccan love,and she probably killed thousands of animals,horribly ,in rituals.

Its been suggested she killed a few humans too....

Wow,so long ago.

I heard she died an agonizing death of cancer....

She was despised by the entire Wiccan community .

It's the same with any other deity, I think. If I particularly liked the story and tales told about Kali or Ganesha, I would light a candle to them. It's sort of like lighting a candle after a loved one has died. It's not always because their spirit is still around, it is to honor their memory. Their is no pantheon or religion that is more correct than another, and if you were a witch and wanted a shrine to St. Michel, there would be nothing wrong with that. Or if you want to strictly study and practice with Egyptian deities, that is perfectly okay too. I just don't like people being judging or other people's magic, which is why I could never practice with a coven because everyone in a coven has to pretty much have the same beliefs or you get people debating over who is more right.

I have no problem with black magic or blood magic. If you want to add blood to your spell, do it, but always use your own blood. I've offered blood to Lilith plenty of times and it was always my own, given willingly. I really just think that people can do whatever the hell they want. There is supposed to be freedom of religion in America, and if someone wants to dance around naked under the full moon then they can. It doesn't hurt other people.

• Like 2

You feel the energy . I occasionally see things ,but most of it is done to honor the entity .

Most people will not see anything ,unless they are very sensitive ,and its not usually a form of a person you see.

Odd wisps of what looks like smoke. Flashes .

An HPs friend of mine ,one saw a screaming skull flying around the room .

She said it was laughing and not scary .I wasn't there ,so I missed it .

One technique for shielding is to visualize a wall all around you but have it so that the shield allows the positive energy through. Some shields are so rigid they do not allow this.

Then have the shield not reflect back negative energy but have it slide down into the ground so it can be grounded in the earth below us and be recycled as positive energy.

Also a few who practice shielding overdo it to the point of paranoia and always have a shield up which is just not conducive to balancing.

Indeed, while Santeria and Voodoo are forms of Christopaganism, the orixas and spirits of those traditions are not demons. That sounds more like mainstream Christian bs to me to think those traditions have anything to do with demons.

It is also refreshing to have a resident witch here who is open with herself and others. That you most likely understand that the syncretism of Christopaganism and other blended faiths is the most natural thing ever for those who embrace these paths. Your acceptance of others is awesome and comforting to my heart.

Thank you so much rabbit ,you have made me so happy with these simple words .

And by mirrors,i meant mirror shields of the metaphysical nature. I must remember to clarify ,as not everyone knows all of the tricks. I even sheild planes when I board them .

Do you like rabbits ?

I have three.

:)

I'm still interested to know how it's possible to combine witchcraft with Christianity, given the Bible's prohibitions against such practice... would you be so kind as to explain for me?

• Like 1