Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Korean man tries to prove he is not guilty

Simbi Laveau

Honestly if it was at all possible that either he or his girlfriend were dining on still living twitching octopus - I officially have zero interest in what happens to them next. How barbaric.

• Like 1

I have heard you can die from eating those things, they grab on to your throat, good fun!

Edited by Hasina

Honestly if it was at all possible that either he or his girlfriend were dining on still living twitching octopus - I officially have zero interest in what happens to them next. How barbaric.

I take it you've never seen the movie Oldboy then .I believe an American remake is coming,and I will be curious to see what they do,in lieu of that scene.

Eating whole,live,small octopi,is common in Korea .

You can look on YouTube,and find dozens of videos of bowls of food,with the poor things trying to get out of the hot soup.

However,that's nothing compared to the sushi in Japan,when a while fish is cut up ,and they leave it partially intact,so the headcremains alive,while it looks at its guts on the plate,while gasping for air.

Yah . Vids of that too .

I have never seen it in person . I would probably hurl my plate that the chef .

• Like 1

NOT FOR THE SQUEAMISH !

This is how that woman got the weird sperm all embedded in her mouth btw. They eat them alive . Fitting the animals gets them back .

• Like 1

Simbi, that's just gross, yah, I'd hurl my plate at the chef too.

• Like 1

Maybe there is real merit to the notion that we will all eventually become largely vegetarian due to limited resources. It would certainly limit these somewhat barbaric events.

What's the difference if you kill them before you eat them or kill them by eating them? In the wild they get eaten alive, and the things they eat are eaten alive. Are they therefore barbaric? That's probably how 95% of them die but when we do it it's wrong? Have you ever watched a pride of lions eat a wilderbeast? People are stupid.

BTW, Simbi, does it surprise you one bit that own oldboy? How about ichi the killer? I know you've seen that.

• Like 2

Korean man tries to prove he is not guilty

an octopus committed the murder

It was Squidward, in the Krusty Krab with the Spachelor...

• Like 2

How elitist & offensive of you to judge an entire culture based on what some of the people eat.

How is it "barbaric" to eat fresh sea food? I, personally wouldn't eat an animal that was still squirming but many cultures eat "live" animals. EVEN EUROPEANS. It was a common practice to bring an animal down and rip out it's liver while the heart is still pumping warm blood.

Perhaps you could have phrased your prejudiced last statement differently.

Asians are so weird, who eats a LIVING octopus? O.o

Who eats the intestines of an animal where poop has been processed? Who eats spoiled milk that has been solidified and left to sit for months until it smells like feet? Our even the flesh of cows that's left hanging in a room left to age and then pays an arm and a leg for it?

The point, don't look down on a people from your high chair and judge.

• Like 1

How elitist & offensive of you to judge an entire culture based on what some of the people eat.

How is it "barbaric" to eat fresh sea food? I, personally wouldn't eat an animal that was still squirming but many cultures eat "live" animals. EVEN EUROPEANS. It was a common practice to bring an animal down and rip out it's liver while the heart is still pumping warm blood.

Perhaps you could have phrased your prejudiced last statement differently.

Excuse me? Please point to the part of my sentence that refers to "an entire culture". I am perfectly entitled to consider something gross and unfeeling in other human beings if that is how I see it. I mentioned him and his girlfriend and THAT IS ALL.

How interesting that you would jump to so many conclusions based on how I feel about folk who eat live animals, I don't care what part of the world they come from if that is what is being done I am going to be grossed out.

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 1

Simbi, that's just gross, yah, I'd hurl my plate at the chef too.

If you're a martial arts guy there,as a lot of foreigners go to study ,you're initiation ,is to eat these .

They all go after working out,and eat these .Gives them stamina they say .

Who eats the intestines of an animal where poop has been processed? Who eats spoiled milk that has been solidified and left to sit for months until it smells like feet? Our even the flesh of cows that's left hanging in a room left to age and then pays an arm and a leg for it?

The point, don't look down on a people from your high chair and judge.

I eat sushi too lady,and I understand Japanese culture quite well,but I don't think any animal,should have this done to them .

Eat it,but kill them fast and painlessly first please.

All Asian cultures,have some form of this,and its cultural ,but please,do not serve it to me ....

he should have came up with a cooler lie like "my girlfriend ate some sushi that was poisoned by radiation and dieeed" then he should bawl out a sad love story about his precious times with his girlfriend and all that lol

Excuse me? Please point to the part of my sentence that refers to "an entire culture". I am perfectly entitled to consider something grosse and unfeeling in other human beings if that is how I see it. I mentioned him and his girlfriend and THAT IS ALL.

How interesting that you would jump to so many conclusions based on how I feel about folk who eat live animals, I don't care what part of the world they come from if that is what is being done I am going to be grossed out.

I stand corrected, you did not make that statement about an entire culture... however, even judging the two people in question as "barbaric" its pretty elitist. Especially when stating you don't care what happens to either of them simply because one of them ate a still squirming octopus appendage. If its gross to you simply saying that would have been more effective than calling people uncivilized, which is what barbaric means.

I find it interesting that you found what one of them ate the deciding factor in your reaction than the fact a woman was possibly murdered by someone she trusted.

Oh, and you are excused.

I stand corrected, you did not make that statement about an entire culture... however, even judging the two people in question as "barbaric" its pretty elitist. Especially when stating you don't care what happens to either of them simply because one of them ate a still squirming octopus appendage. If its gross to you simply saying that would have been more effective than calling people uncivilized, which is what barbaric means.

I find it interesting that you found what one of them ate the deciding factor in your reaction than the fact a woman was possibly murdered by someone she trusted.

Oh, and you are excused.

There was some tongue in cheek in my commentary. You can think it elitist if you like, you're entitled to your opinion. I will always think causing unnecessary suffering to animals is barbaric we are sentient enough to know better and those who choose to not care don't get alot of my emotional time. Having said that, if it is murder than of course that is horrible.

• Like 2

NOT FOR THE SQUEAMISH !

This is how that woman got the weird sperm all embedded in her mouth btw. They eat them alive . Fitting the animals gets them back .

[media=]

[/media]

Its bad enough he's eating it but she had her hands all over it then fed him. she might of been to the tiolet and not washed those hands and now if he complained he's sick "duh" I wonder why. :no: :no: :no::td: :td: :td:
  • Like 1

Karma...would you like to be eaten alive? Keep it clean....

Anyone else find it very convenient that the body was quickly burned without a proper autopsy, basically condemning the case against the men? Who gets said money if this man is locked up/executed???

• Like 1

Anyone else find it very convenient that the body was quickly burned without a proper autopsy, basically condemning the case against the men? Who gets said money if this man is locked up/executed???

I would guess nobody does if he is found guilty.

I see Andrew Zimmern on Bizarre Foods eat live animals all the time. He travels the world and explores ask different kinds of food. And although I don't condone eating something alive it happens in numerous cultures, not just Asian cultures. It is normal for a lot of people. Who are we to judge them as uncivilized? It happens everywhere, every day! Crustaceans get thrown into boiling water ALIVE!! The steak you enjoyed the other day... well, that cow was slaughtered in the most horrific way, factory line style, while it was alive! What the difference?

Point is, don't judge people based on how you live you're life, because, guess what? You are not the epitome of perfection.