Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mother does school run on a modified bicycle

Still Waters

How about this for a voluminous velocipede? An American super-mum has hung up her car keys and now does the school run on a modified bicycle that carries not just her, but SIX children as well.

Inventive Emily Finch, 34, of Portland, Oregon, cycles up to 20 miles a day around town with her three youngest (plus a friend) in a bucket on the front, one in a child seat and another towed behind on a bike. Her eldest, Nathan, keeps up the rear!

And there's not a murmur of 'are we there yet?' from the young Finches Mary, Lucy, Ben, Olivia and two-year-old Maya.

http://www.dailymail...X-children.html

It's a cool Idea and will probably keep her in great shape. I can't help think of the safety risks though. It's carrying quite a bit of weight.

• Like 1

Wow! Now THAT is what I call a work out!! I can't imagine wearing a dress like that while bike riding, though.

When you are in a car and are trying to pass a cyclist on a busy road it can be very frustrating.

Only in Portland. Really. LOL.

Although, I have to say I admire her... like Seattle, Portland isn' t exactly the great American flatlands... the area is made up of a lot of HUGE hills. She's gettin' quite the work out! LOL.

Something isn't right it would be incredibly difficult to pedal that weight in that position, 20 miles a day i don't think so and steering it would be a nightmare, i wonder if all those children are really hers they all look different?

If those were my kids.. they wouldn't be going anywhere near a busy road in that contraption. Looks like a tragedy just waiting to happen. In my opinion.

Lol! she asks her kids when she brings a new man home, "Now kids, what do we say to a nice man mommy just met?" Kids, all at once ask, "Are you my daddy?"

"She's a nice girl but her children look like M&Ms. All different colours." -- My mother telling me about a new neighbour.

lol

• Like 1

Some of those kids should be on their own bikes and taking themselves off to school.. The little ones with the mother are grand...

In my day, we just walked back and forth.. Kept us all fit..I loved to walk to school in those days..

• Like 1

"She's a nice girl but her children look like M&Ms. All different colours." -- My mother telling me about a new neighbour.

lol

If she got the six dads to pedal they'd do 20 mile a day easy.

• Like 1

How about this for a voluminous velocipede? An American super-mum has hung up her car keys and now does the school run on a modified bicycle that carries not just her, but SIX children as well.

Inventive Emily Finch, 34, of Portland, Oregon, cycles up to 20 miles a day around town with her three youngest (plus a friend) in a bucket on the front, one in a child seat and another towed behind on a bike. Her eldest, Nathan, keeps up the rear!

And there's not a murmur of 'are we there yet?' from the young Finches Mary, Lucy, Ben, Olivia and two-year-old Maya.

http://www.dailymail...X-children.html

hope they dont get a thunder storm.. or heavy wind storm

• Like 2