Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Two Legged Dogman Experiences Database

NatureBoff

Here's an Australian newspaper article, Panthers, yowie men and a headless roo, the real X-files of New South Wales which features the lines:

In June 2010, a witness claimed to have seen a cat the size of a german shepherd with yellow eyes beside a "roo on side of the road with head missing", a report said.
Black male hyraxa-sahar most likely imo.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Recently posted, Native American story told to me:

Alright, first off I am a native american. I was told a story around 10 years ago that has held my attention. It revolves around some sort of cryptid or supernatural half-dog half-human.

I was at the reservation's pow-wow grounds with some traditionalists, I guess I'll call them, to teach me some ways. I don't recall their full names but their first names were Harvey and Falcon.

So, Harvey goes on to speak of this half-dog half-human creature that he saw TWICE. This creature had the front torso and head of a dog, and the legs of a human. I recall something about it's eyes being said as well, but cannot remember the specific details. (I was quite young)

This is a vague description I'm sure, but he had asked his father-in-law about this creature and was told:

1. This creature cannot be caught, unless

2. "Put the earth in your mouth" and you will be able to catch it.

What happens with this creature when you do happen to catch it is that the dog half turns human and will "imprinted", for lack of a better word, on you and you will have a best friend/lover for the rest of your life.

I'm not entirely sure if this is the proper forum to ask if anyone has ever heard of something like this, and if someone has please enlighten me.

I'd a strange dream where I was in a snowy wilderness being chased by a creature with the legs of a human & the upper body of a wolf, freaked me out last night it did :td:

Good work. Youve found some good evidence here. Sadly its just evidence that someone has watch the twilight movies. Lame as always humblemun

I'm the OP, and I sadly understand where you're coming from. As lame as that "imprinted" sounds, I could not think of a better word.

Should someone actually catch this, how awkward would it be if someone saw you wrangling a naked person in a forest struggling to get free?

But besides the point, I posted this in hopes of finding information which I cannot find on my own. In communities where elders refuse to answer questions when they do have answers is quite frustrating at times. Thus the internet.

Obviously, I don't expect everyone to believe what I have told; but, I am not being unreasonable about this and I am simply looking for more information.

Edited by HelmetHippo

I'm the OP, and I sadly understand where you're coming from. As lame as that "imprinted" sounds, I could not think of a better word.

Should someone actually catch this, how awkward would it be if someone saw you wrangling a naked person in a forest struggling to get free?

But besides the point, I posted this in hopes of finding information which I cannot find on my own. In communities where elders refuse to answer questions when they do have answers is quite frustrating at times. Thus the internet.

Obviously, I don't expect everyone to believe what I have told; but, I am not being unreasonable about this and I am simply looking for more information.

You're the OP of what, this thread or the Native American story?

You're the OP of what, this thread or the Native American story?

Ya, Im unclear on that as well. My post was directed at Sunny blues

Edited by vitruvian12

I really hoped this thread died since the data is not relevant to two leg dog man and the op just cut and pasted willy nilly.

I really hoped this thread died since the data is not relevant to two leg dog man and the op just cut and pasted willy nilly.

So many threads that I have hoped that on.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just posted a few minutes ago: ghost/demon dog pack, shedding light on what i saw over 20 years ago

hi everybody

this is my 1st post,so please be kind!!!

this is an experience(one of many) that i have thought about constantly for over 25 years, i am an identical twin,myself and my sister are very close,we have all the twin experiences,.....knowing how the other one is without picking up the phone,feeling eachothers pain,my sister says that i am stronger than her,maybe she is right,i think she is scared of what is out there,we both saw what i am about to discribe.

myself and my sister shared a bedroom at my parents house,our younger sister had the smaller room to herself,our room was at the back of the house,outside our bedroom window was the roof(a flat roof) of the extension,you could walk on that roof,it covered a large area,you could even walk directly onto the neighbours flat roof too,they also had multi extensions to there house to,

one night we were lying in our beds not long been in bed,and we saw the full shadows of a line of dogs,walking past our window,i was not facing the window,i saw all the shadows,clear as a bell,all the dogs were walking on there hind legs,and some from the shadow looked like they had bow ties on(yes i am sure a few laugghs have been let loose whilst reading this),thats fine everyone i have ever told has not taken me seriously,...anyway....when they had all passed our window,i whispered to my sister,did u see that,she whispered back yes,i was telling our friends about it the next day and they all mocked me,my sister knows she saw the dogs,but wont admit it,this was many many years ago,i dont care whether she admits it or not,i just want to know what the hell they where,so far nobody can help me,or even listen.

hope someone here can help

many thanks

nufflove

I want a place to record all the dogman-type encounters that are being posted recently.

Here's the first:

i hope i am replying to the right letter,i have seen a pack of dogs walking on there hind legs,i am in england as well,i am trying to find out what i saw as well,it was over 20 years ago and it still haunts me.

Source link

wow some very interesting accounts,i am in england,i joined this site today to shed some light on a similar experience,i am so glad that other people are being brave and sharing there experiences,well done for being brave,as from personnel experience people are not always kind,when they dont UNDERSTAND some things,i have done alot of reading today,and also see that on here,people are negative,shouldnt be allowed,it has taken me over 25 years to talk about my own terrifying experience,well done.

Just posted. Need help identifying small man like creature

Hi all! I'm new here and really need your help. I've been searching the web looking for answers and it lead me here. Am hoping maybe you'll be able to shed some light on this for me or rather us (my husband and I). This is not a hoax and was a genuinely scary experience at the time. A few years back when we were living on the Isle of Wight in the UK my husband (who incidentally is completely sane, 40 years old and practices numerous martial arts) came home after cycling home from work in a state of blind panic. He'd been coming home in the early evening (so it wasn't completely dark yet) along a cycle track that runs through the woods when from a distance of about 50 metres he'd seen something standing by the edge of the track. He says he first started to slow down but as he got closer he saw that the "person" was no higher than the wheel of his bike. As he went past he got a very good look at the person. He described them as definitely male with short hair, very dark skin, a overly wide set jaw, extremely broad shoulder, long arms and big hands. The "person" had looked up at him as he cycled past and my husband says it's eyes almost glowed from within (ie it was not the effect of moonlight like when a car drives past a cat or dog. Also my husbands bike did not have lights). He said that he was gripped by an extreme fear and something in his instincts told him not to stop, that he wouldn't stand a chance, even though the person was smaller than him and he was capable of fighting in a normal situation. He says he's never cycled so ast in his life and I remember what a state he was in when he got home. All this time I've been on and off trying to find out what it could have perhaps been that he saw that night but so far I've hit a dead end. I just wanted to ask....have you ever heard of anyone seeing anything similar? We've talked about this at length and been through all the opions of "could it have been a very small human/other forest animal/ trick of the light? but he's convinced that it was not human in the conventional sense of the word and also that it did not mean well. Do you have any explanation or is my husband a bit do-lally?
Edited by SunnyBlues

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly the notion that a man/woman can turn into a wolf like creature is laughable but I do believe there is some sort of animal that hasn't been discovered yet that resembles a werewolf

My encounter happened in 1995 I was 9 at the time (Please note that at this stage of my life I hadn't seen a werewolf movie or even heard of one) Me my father mother and my brother where coming from our rural home in Murehwa (Thats in Zimbabwe in Africa) We where driving along a stretch of road around 10p.m when I felt the need to pee my dad pulled over so that I can go. I didn't go far from the car so I started relieving myself a few metres away in some tall grass I saw a head sticking out at me from the top this thing was at least 7ft tall and it just stared at me. I quickly zipped my self up and ran back to the car (a little pee got on to my pants) My dad asked me why I looked spooked but I never said anything to him. Our rural areas are known for strong supernatural occurances I like to hear the stories from our elders but I don't really believe them but some experiances can never be explained

• 3 weeks later...

Some canines will stand on their hind legs to look over things or get a better view over tall bushes and trees. I've seen foxes do this (yes, not technically canine, I know, but visually pretty damn close). I've seen dogs do this. Get a slender dog like a greyhound do this, or an irish wolf hound, and, in the bushes, it could look a bit freaky.

Besides which, where is the proof that this thing 'ran on two legs'? None, just this person's word on it.

What if they did indeed see a dog rearing up, then it dropped back down to all fours, thusly being obscured in the bush, and its human owner then appeared and trotted off with it, giving the appearance it was the dog 'running off on two legs'.

Im not necessarily a sceptic, Im open to things, so just screaming OMG SCEPTIC at me isn't really accurate. Im just saying that it doesn't surprise me in a world full of dogs, animals that have less fear than most getting close to people, that people see a lot of 'dog monsters'.

Usually through undergrowth and bushes.

Not to be overly skeptical, but what about a feral dog that has been raised by canines or fox's and it has learned the ability from them to stand on it's hind legs. Just a thought..

• Like 1

Red eyed female, Strange Creature

Hello to everyone! Before I start explaining the story, i want to apologies for the mistakes I'm going to make because english is not my native language.

I'm from Bulgaria and I live In a very small town. So I've been with my boyfriend for tree years now and I can assure you that he has some strange things going on in his life. It took him that long to tell the story I'm writing now. It had happend twenty years ago when he was six. He told me that It was almost dawn and he was alone at home. He was on the terrace and he was looking at the sea when he saw a creature at the shore. It was looking like this: blue-green skin, short legs and hands (hands were hairy), very big head and ears, and big red eyes which were looking at him. He told me that after he saw his eyes he got scared and he hide but he was curious as well so he looked again and the creature was pacing around the shore and suddenly disappeared in a small crevice in a rock. He had never saw that creature again but he told me that he went to the rock every year at the same day he saw the creature and at the rock there were snakes. Two years ago a man jumped from the same rock into the sea and died. My boyfriend is having strange dreams which actually happen.

So that's the story. I'm writing this because my boyfriend doesn't know english. If anyone can tell something about this creature we would really appreciate it.Thank You!

• 2 weeks later...

Just posted, huge black dog

When I was 11 or 12, I was walking down the street in my old neighborhood (the same neighborhood I saw many ghosts in) and to my great astonishment I saw a very large black dog sitting in the yard of someones house. The fence that surrounded the yard seemed very useless to this creature. I was scared but at the same time amazed at his incredible size! He was easily 10 feet tall (sitting) and also very broad across the shoulders. He was only in that yard that one time. I kept going back, purposly taking that route to see if I would ever see him again but I never did... do you think this could have been a cryptoid or demon dog or any other "unexplained" type of thing?

I swear it wasn't me. I haven't been to England in a long time

Werewolves of Wisconsin

Greg Posada and Eugene Pointer of Shawano County, Wisconsin called the paranormal hotline with their report of two werewolves seen near Grass Lake on January 9, 2013. They claim that these two creatures that appeared to be werewolves were definitely bi-pedal. One of the creatures had grayish hair, while the other had brownish hair. Both creatures had snouts. When the creatures were observed, they both seemed to be bent down drinking water from the lake. Eugene and Greg both claim that the creatures sniffed the air and then turned and looked at them. They let off a howl, that sounded like a regular wolf and ran off into the nearby thickets. The encounter occurred around 1400 Hours and Eugene and Greg were both shaken from this encounter. Greg says that the brown coated creature was at least 7 feet tall, while the gray coated creature was perhaps 6 feet tall. Eugene says that this is not the end of the story.

After their encounter with the werewolves, it was no more than 10 minutes later, they spied a silver disc in the surrounding forest. The silver disc was hovering, tilted and then shot up into the sky. The sighting of the disc lasted only about 3 minutes, but during the time of the sighting, everything felt surreal. Everything moved in slow motion. Eugene and Greg felt relaxed and at ease while they watched the disc in the sky. Eugene does not understand how they could have two paranormal encounters in one day. Special Note: Bigfoot on many occasions has been associated with the sightings of UFOs. Could Wisconsin werewolves also have a connection to UFOs? I would definitely say it’s possible. The surreal effect that Eugene describes sounds like the ‘Oz Factor’ AKA Oz Effect.