Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's the deal with Scorpios?

emberdawn

I didn't convince you?

Nope, nothing personal. I just don't ascribe to the notion that planets and stars have any influence upon human personality development.

Sigh! :wub: Scorpios might not be what I want to marry, but they are certainly worth putting in some effort to get to know! ;)

Uh...I'm probably about your Mom's age. I have no interest in ever marrying again and have high moral and ethical standards.

• Like 1

As someone has already mentioned. This is worse than racism.

As stupid as it can get.

My father is a Scorpio, and he is one of the most admirable persons I have ever met. A great husband and a great father.

• Like 1

:blink:

Nope, nothing personal. I just don't ascribe to the notion that planets and stars have any influence upon human personality development.

Uh...I'm probably about your Mom's age. I have no interest in ever marrying again and have high moral and ethical standards.

I'll consider it a work in progress then. :P

As someone has already mentioned. This is worse than racism.

As stupid as it can get.

My father is a Scorpio, and he is one of the most admirable persons I have ever met. A great husband and a great father.

Are you sure It's as stupid as It gets? Because I just saw the stupidest comment... Someone who seems to think because their father is a Scorpio means he can't be a great husband or father. :rolleyes:

Hey, maybe I'm wrong though. Could you provide a link to where you read that Scorpios can't have positive traits?

Edited by Wandering

This -> http://www.astrology-online.com/scorpio.htm (I've forgotten how to do the bit where you can go like This again, but that'll do); anyway, what was I saying, yes, that has quite an interesting summary. Take it, naturally, with a pinch of salt, but there it is, anyway.

(Incidentally, I'm pleased that they still regard Pluto as a Planet. Yeah, so there, Astronomers. :yes: )

• Like 1

In personal compatibility rates, Scorpios as a water sign relate best with Cancers and Pisces, and with fixed signs like Aquarius, Taurus and Leo to explain a few members descriptions of how good they get along with Scorpios. According to the new "sidereal" astrological zodiac, I'm a day after Capricorn ends not 3 days until Pisces starts, therefore my relations with the signs are altered to a whole new level. I tend to relate with Virgo more than air signs Gemini and Libra, and winter sign Capricorn shares Aquarius' ruling planets Saturn and Uranus. The problem is daily astrological horoscopes are meant for individuals not whole sign groups in newspapers we often read are solely for entertainment purposes, and they focus on the horary (solar) aspects, not give much on entire detail of the planets' positions to personally affect the individual.

Edited by Quake Storm Maverick 66er
  • Like 1

I'll consider it a work in progress then. :P

Are you sure It's as stupid as It gets? Because I just saw the stupidest comment... Someone who seems to think because their father is a Scorpio means he can't be a great husband or father. :rolleyes:

Hey, maybe I'm wrong though. Could you provide a link to where you read that Scorpios can't have positive traits?

I think you got me wrong? Perhaps entirely.

I was actually defending Scorpio against all this nonsense. (I'm a Scorpio myself).

In personal compatibility rates, Scorpios as a water sign relate best with Cancers and Pisces, and with fixed signs like Aquarius, Taurus and Leo to explain a few members descriptions of how good they get along with Scorpios. According to the new "sidereal" astrological zodiac, I'm a day after Capricorn ends not 3 days until Pisces starts, therefore my relations with the signs are altered to a whole new level. I tend to relate with Virgo more than air signs Gemini and Libra, and winter sign Capricorn shares Aquarius' ruling planets Saturn and Uranus. The problem is daily astrological horoscopes are meant for individuals not whole sign groups in newspapers we often read are solely for entertainment purposes, and they focus on the horary (solar) aspects, not give much on entire detail of the planets' positions to personally affect the individual.

Capricorn has always been Scorpio's strongest ally.

• Like 1

I think you got me wrong? Perhaps entirely.

I was actually defending Scorpio against all this nonsense. (I'm a Scorpio myself).

Capricorn has always been Scorpio's strongest ally.

Oh I see.

My bad.

Could you clarify what you were aiming the 'worse than racism' and 'as stupid as it gets' at? The fact that people on here are saying "Scorpios are ALL like this" or Astrology in general?

Oh I see.

My bad.

Could you clarify what you were aiming the 'worse than racism' and 'as stupid as it gets' at? The fact that people on here are saying "Scorpios are ALL like this" or Astrology in general?

The fact that people are bashing down on other human beings because of their astrological sign which derives from an uncertain art such as the Zodiac with no credibility whatsoever to this day! That is worse than racism.

People are being judged and sentenced unfairly over something with no legimitacy in any sort of science.

And even if we were to judge, my verdict would be quite the opposite to what has been said in this thread. Most of the Scorpios I've met are one of the greatest people I've ever met in my entire life. In fact, most of the Scorpios that have appeared in this topic have come to claim that they're the direct opposite of what has been said about them. I myself am a Scorpio, and I by no means characterize myself with the awful things that have been said in this thread. Let me summarize:

The reputation Scorpios have is a bad wrap: they are strong, self-efficient and doesn't accept nothing to lower themselves, Scorpios are the anti-heroes of the astrological zodiac.

Scorpio have a mean streak ,a mile wide. They also enjoy hurting people who love them . Yah

Nasty little beasties, Scorpios, especially that stinging tail. Although I'm told the bigger the claws the smaller the sting/venom....

Put it this way, I won't be marrying a Scorpio! ;)

Sorry this wasn't meant to be mean. Trying to understand why they get such a bad rap when they are usually gentle loving people. I have heard them called demon spawn, deviants, sexual pervs, dishonest, back stabbing, evil, mobile homes for demons, not worth marrying because they can't be loyal. Just trying trying to enlighten. My friend asked her mom why people do what they do to her. Her mom turned around and casually said " because your a Scorpio" ???? "really" ????

Come on people, seriously? We are not villains because of an astrological sign!

Edited by Alex01
  • Like 2

You know what Alex, perhaps we should just give up and roll with 'being evil'? Kinda like, "Yeah, we're bad azz and we know it". I mean, why fight it, right?

d030.gif

• Like 3

I'm a Scorpio and my older brother is too. We do have a bit of a mean streak but never unprovoked. Scorpio is known to be the most loyal friend you will/can ever have in all the zodiac and that rings true for pretty most every Scorpio I've ever met. We are also the most misunderstood and mysterious out of all signs....so they say ;) I'm guessing they're right because we do have a pretty bad rap. Basically its the best of all the signs and anyone born under it is amazing! :P

• Like 3

The fact that people are bashing down on other human beings because of their astrological sign which derives from an uncertain art such as the Zodiac with no credibility whatsoever to this day! That is worse than racism.

People are being judged and sentenced unfairly over something with no legimitacy in any sort of science.

And even if we were to judge, my verdict would be quite the opposite to what has been said in this thread. Most of the Scorpios I've met are one of the greatest people I've ever met in my entire life. In fact, most of the Scorpios that have appeared in this topic have come to claim that they're the direct opposite of what has been said about them. I myself am a Scorpio, and I by no means characterize myself with the awful things that have been said in this thread. Let me summarize:

it rather sounds to me as if people are taking this perhaps more seriously than there is scientific justification for.

Anywa, what's (from that site I mentioned earlier) so wrong with Brooding resentment, aggressive and sadistic brutality, total arrogance, morbid jealousy, extreme volatility of temperament,

anyway? :santa:

• Like 1

Oh boy,a Scorpio male ,getting all p***ed off because people are bashing his sign...

Ummm,its nothing like racism,given all 12 signs have characteristics that can be picked at ,and its 12 signs ,stolen from chinese astrology .

Not skin color,creed or religion .

Im a Leo. Leos are loud mouthed opinionated pains in the ass.

Ask anyone who knows me.

I've studied astrology for about 35 years,and I can do charts .My fave book is by a UK astrologer .Shes very funny about it ,and its to be taken with a grain of salt,unless of course its astrology like the kind they used to defeat Hitler,as they did use astrologers,to tell them what Hitlers astrologers were telling him.Astrology may not be a "real science",but even governments use it.

I highly recommend the book,Secrets From A Stargazers Note Book .I think that's the title. I actually occ email the author and vice versa .She lives in nyc now,so I can assume its not getting blown to bits any time soon,as she even does astro charts for cities and countries ,based on the date they were officially founded .

And charts are very individual.Just because you're one sign,you can have a ton of other influences,depending upon your natal chart,and then progressed chart .

I'm Leo,but I have so many planets in virgo ,I am what's called an honorary Virgo .I also have massive amts of Gemini in my chart,which affects me quite a lot. Being one sign,doesn't make you vanilla .

Most of us have a lot going on ,chart wise .

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1

We can be if they reeeeaaaalllly want us to be though lmao!! You should be flattered as I am that we're born under the most talked about sign...I think I've only ever met one person that didn't cringe when I said I was a Scorpio. Even people who don't know anything about astrology know Scorpio lol that's got to say something. Who cares if people think we're evil sex demons, just ignore that part and focus on the fact that we have an entire thread all about us lol I love it! I've loved every post, good and/or bad.

• Like 1

And charts are very individual.Just because you're one sign,you can have a ton of other influences,depending upon your natal chart,and then progressed chart .

I'm Leo,but I have so many planets in virgo ,I am what's called an honorary Virgo .I also have massive amts of Gemini in my chart,which affects me quite a lot. Being one sign,doesn't make you vanilla .

Most of us have a lot going on ,chart wise .

You're right Simbi. One time my husband organized a joint birthday party for me, a friend of my husband, and this friend's childhood friend. The three of us are born on the same day, month, and year. Accounting for the time zone difference between our countries of birth, my husband's friend and I are born at the same hour. We are all Gemini twins. We are also all so very different in character, interests, etc. It's not like a jelly mold producing copies!

• Like 2

http://www.cafeastrology.com/reviews/kemptonsmithsecretsstargazer.html

Great book ,even as old as it is. I have an original print first edition ,and its falling apart .

It's a bit more advanced that simple astrology ,but her descriptions are great .

I have a few astrologers,who's books I found invaluable ,while I was learning .

This taught me a lot about opposite signs,void of course moon,and retrogrades .

We can be if they reeeeaaaalllly want us to be though lmao!! You should be flattered as I am that we're born under the most talked about sign...I think I've only ever met one person that didn't cringe when I said I was a Scorpio. Even people who don't know anything about astrology know Scorpio lol that's got to say something. Who cares if people think we're evil sex demons, just ignore that part and focus on the fact that we have an entire thread all about us lol I love it! I've loved every post, good and/or bad.

Scorpios are awesome in bed....oh yeah .Like I said,I have had quite a few Scorpio BFs.

Some of us have these weaknesses,and most of my guys were scorps,or sagg . I wouldn't even know,and every guy....one or the other.

I know them both,quite well .

I bet no one will have a problem with THAT observation.....

• Like 1

my little nephew is a Scorpio his brithday is halloween and he will be 9 he is a funny little guy

• Like 2

Scorpios are awesome in bed....oh yeah .Like I said,I have had quite a few Scorpio BFs.

Some of us have these weaknesses,and most of my guys were scorps,or sagg . I wouldn't even know,and every guy....one or the other.

I know them both,quite well .

I bet no one will have a problem with THAT observation.....

I'll go ahead and maybe offend some people since everyone else had kind of taken a turn....I won't date a Sag! And I'll go ahead and throw in that Gemini men are freaking nuts...but I won't ever complain about the love making! I hate my ex lol damn Gemini's!

• Like 1

I'll go ahead and maybe offend some people since everyone else had kind of taken a turn....I won't date a Sag! And I'll go ahead and throw in that Gemini men are freaking nuts...but I won't ever complain about the love making! I hate my ex lol damn Gemini's!

Well thank you Viviana (I just confessed to being a Gemini, though not a male)! Being nuts adds fun, variety, and a certain je ne sais quoi ...does make life interesting :D

edited to add I'm not offended at all, just kidding!

Got to rush now, terribly late (typical Gemini)

Edited by meryt-tetisheri
  • Like 2

Aw, what's wrong with Sagittarius? :P

(from a Sag )

I actually don't fit some of the traits that are put forward. In no way am I super outgoing. I actually have a bit of social anxiety! :D

Edited by Galilei
  • Like 1

Aw, what's wrong with Sagittarius? :P

(from a Sag )

I actually don't fit some of the traits that are put forward. In no way am I super outgoing. I actually have a bit of social anxiety! :D

Again,the sexes are different.

With sagg men,its the whole ,DON'T TIE ME DOWN thing.

Look ay George Clooney .Sagg.

Johnny Depp. Had two kids and moved to France,but he wouldnt marry her .

Sagg men get married very late in life,or not at all.

Unless they have other stuff in their chart .

As saggs do get married ,but they don't like being tied down .Aquarian men have similiar issues .

For women ,its different .

Sagg women have quite a wild side .

Don't forget ,we all fall into elements.

Fire signs are leo ,sagg and aries .

We tend to be,well ,firey ....

In different ways though.

Leos have to make a statement.

Some of the most famous leos ,are the most outrageous .

Look at Madonna . The rest of us Leo women think she gives Leos a bad name .

Shes too out there.

But Mick Jagger,Bill Clinton,Lucille Ball ,all Leos .

Frigging Obama is a Leo ,ok.

Leos make big waves,in different ways,but its not always a good thing.

Edited by Simbi Laveau