Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Godzilla Gets Release Date

Simbi Laveau

So it's going to be a remake of the multi remakes?

• Like 4

You just can't keep a good monster down, I did like the 1998 film hopefully it will be as good if not better. :yes:

• Like 4

So it's going to be a remake of the multi remakes?

Well no. All the Japanese Godzilla movies,are different scripts actually . Different story lines.

Some are similar in content ,but no remakes.

Godzilla,as a movie monster ,in Japan,was officially "retired"after the last film in Japan ,GODZILLA FINAL WARS .So he was no more,as of 2008,except in very popular video games.

The Japanese had no plans to do another film ,any time soon ,so America approached Toho,for the rights to do another American made Godzilla film.

The first one we did,was an awful interpretation of his body type .

The story also kind of sucked . Tohos,stipulations,for that film were ,we couldn't show him with more than I think three toes on his hands andcfeet,and something to do with his trademark roar . I would have to look it up .

So,since they own the rights to Godzilla,lock stock and barrel ,they are allowing us,to once again,make a film,where they will make a crap, load of overseas money ,as their Zilla flicks, never get distribution here. This guarantees that,and with modern CGI ,3D and a lot of Americans who go see any movie on opening weekend,Toho stands to make a mint on this one .If it does well,sequels .

The plot,from what I've been following,Lo these last 3 year's,is an old one we had,that was never used .

It will not be a remake ,as far as I know,and the monster will look more like the Japanese version ,not our lame one .

Who was actually in final wars,as a Godzilla nemisis . Heh .

Edited by Simbi Laveau

http://www.kaijuphile.com/rodansroost/scrapyard/godzillavsgryphon.shtml

This is the plot ,that was never used. No one is sure if it will be the plot of the new one. No one is talking ,but he fights a giant gryphon in this plot.

Starts off the coast of Alaska,which makes sense ,given the tsunami .He got blown over here by currents,along with everything else.

Right ?

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/07/15/godzilla-reboot-comic-con/

OWW,I didn't know this. Teaser trailer at comic con .Not much was shown .

This was all that was captured .

The actual teaser trailer has not been released .

Edited by Simbi Laveau

I love Godzilla movies... exclusively the Showa series (1955-1975). And other kaiju movies such as Johnny Sokko And His Flying Robot, Gamera, etc.

12803683_gal.jpg

Best movie ever.

Great movie, I kinda prefer War Of The Gargantuas myself though.

• Like 1

Hi Ambush bug, those old films are great you just can't beat two men in rubber suits wrestling in a bonsai forrest. :st

Edited by Harlequin Dreamer
  • Like 3

I wonder if Godzuki will have cameo role in this one...

Just the idea of another American made Godzilla movie makes me cringe, and this quote just makes me want to give up on all Godzilla material.

• Like 1

I wonder if Godzuki will have cameo role in this one...

Minilla ....he's cute comic relief,so I doubt it . He was in Final Wars .I love him .

My faves are Final Wars,Destroy All Monsters,Godzilla vs Hedorah (smog monster).

I love Gamera too .

Varan .Then that one with the giant stone god that comes to life. Daimajin .There were three of them,but they have religious overtones.

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1

Just the idea of another American made Godzilla movie makes me cringe, and this quote just makes me want to give up on all Godzilla material.

I am too apprehensive about another American remake of Godzilla.

I am strictly a Showa series fan (1954-1975)

In both the Heisei series (1984-1998) and the Millenium series (1999-2004), despite upgraded baddies that appear to be 10Xs worse the films made over the course of these 20 years left me very cold as they lack the charm and fun of the Showa series. The only film I like between the Heisei and Millenium series is ironically the last film made over the course these dismal 20 years, The Final Wars (2004).

And I know why? Its because writer director Ishiro Honda stopped making Godzilla films with the end of the Showa series.

Minilla ....he's cute comic relief,so I doubt it . He was in Final Wars .I love him .

My faves are Final Wars,Destroy All Monsters,Godzilla vs Hedorah (smog monster).

I love Gamera too .

Varan .Then that one with the giant stone god that comes to life. Daimajin .There were three of them,but they have religious overtones.

My favorite Godzilla films are Destroy All Monster and Godzilla vs Hedorah (it is one of the more darker Showa era films and who can forget that psychodelic disco nightclub scene?!)

Do you remember The Magic Serpent?

It was set in the past with ninjas and samurais and wizards and whatnot. It had the firebreathing giant toad (with a wizard riding it) vs the waterbreathing giant serpent climatical battle IIRC. My memory is abit foggy but it was a movie they used to show The Magic Serpent frequently on my local channel's Saturday afternoon Godzilla matinees. I havent seen it in decades.

I've never seen the magic serpent . I will have to check it out :)

One of my dearest memories of these movies is as a child of my mom calling outside "Godzilla is on..." and me rushing inside to sit rapt for 2-4 hours in front of the telly watching the Saturday afternoon Japanese monster matinee. LOL!

Here are two clips from the film. Great fun... and oh "OROCHIMARU!" *coughmoviereferencecough*

[media=]

[/media] Edited by Ambush Bug
  • Like 1

http://news.yahoo.co...-162940904.html

WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO !

I'm going to go get in line for the premiere,now ...s'excuse me ....

A press release issued by Warner Bros. and Legendary said that the project, which falls under Legendary's overall agreement with Warner Bros., "will return the character to its epic roots with a gritty, realistic actioner."

Read that quote. "Godzilla" is, in the eye's of Hollywood, "Gritty" and "Realistic".

Go ahead.... Try to peak into the dark recesses of the brain that hang those words onto the character of a giant dinosaur like monster.

Not to sound morbid or anything, but at least Godzilla will have a more realistic back story now if they go the radiation route.

But he would still be a bubba! Unless its set in the future??

• Like 1

I'm unsure if I find this great, or awful news. I remember when I was younger and the American movie was released, and I loved it. When I got older I started to watch the older ones, and now I'm doing my best to get a copy of each japanese godzilla movie. They are just superior in my opinion.

Will this new one give us the godzilla created from a rubber suit with atomic breath, or a overgrown iguana who doesn't fight monsters?

Destroy all monsters [1968] this is one of my all time favorites. :st

• Like 2