Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman’s Cat Euthanized By Mistake

BiffSplitkins

GARDNER (AP) — A Massachusetts woman says her cat went to the veterinarian for a flea bath but was mistakenly put to death.

Colleen Conlon of Gardner is grieving the loss of 8-year-old Lady, which she attributes to negligence by the vet, Muhammad Malik. Malik’s lawyer says people should wait until all the facts come out before passing judgment.

Conlon’s 24-year-old son, Jesse, took Lady to the Broadway Animal Hospital last week and unknowingly authorized the cat to be put to sleep after he says he was handed the wrong forms. He says he learned of the mix-up when he returned with a second cat and the vet asked whether he wanted to keep the body.

READ MORE

How terrible :-(

• Like 1

To lose a pet at anytime is a terrible thing but to lose one because of someons mistake is...well... :no: .... :cry:

I've heard of this happening before with dogs. This makes me terrified of leaving my pets in the care of someone else.

• Like 1

Maybe people should read before they sign.

Maybe people should read before they sign.

Although you are correct with that I also believe that the veterinarian should have firmly questioned why he was putting down a healthy cat.

• Like 2

Although you are correct with that I also believe that the veterinarian should have firmly questioned why he was putting down a healthy cat.

The son signed papers the cat was suppose to die. He has no right to question a legal document like that. I mean it sucks. But it's not the vet's fault the son is irresponsible.

The son signed papers the cat was suppose to die. He has no right to question a legal document like that. I mean it sucks. But it's not the vet's fault the son is irresponsible.

I have to agree with Kazoo on this one. Who doesn't read what they sign? I'm probably also the only person who reads the iTunes thing before clicking 'accept'.

Both sides are at fault, the receptionist (since I doubt the vet would of given them the form himself) for giving the wrong form and the son for signing the form without reading. Its tragic but I can see the lawyers for the vet saying the son will be at fault.