Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Three separate sightings of yetis in Siberia

Still Waters

Yetis have been 'sighted' recently in three different remote areas in Kemerovo region, according to local reports.

One was spotted this month by an unnamed state inspector in the Shorsky National Park, says local government official Sergei Adlyakov.

'The creature did not look like a bear and quickly disappeared after breaking some branches of the bushes,' he was quoted as saying.

http://siberiantimes...inable-snowman/

• Like 1

Cool find. I'm still betting they (yeti/sasquatch) are primitive humans that were outcast for having one or more disabilities (like Hypertrichosis - which would actually be beneficial, living that sort of life style in the north ), and have continued to live a stone-age existence. Would explain both sides of the believer/non-believer argument perfectly imho,

• Like 1

Thanks for posting Still Waters, I am looking forward to seeing how the expedition goes.

Lets hope the 'expedition' is more successful than recent Russian endeavours. By more successful I do not necessarily mean finding a Yeti, just that it doesn't turn out to be a farce with a bit of 'tourist attraction' thrown in for good measure...

• Like 1

I know of other stories about Yeti etc, and in recent years there has been a lot of sightings in densly wooded and mountainous areas

like Nepal, Russia, North America and Tropical Asia. People who have seen these creatures are speaking out more readily and the subject is getting more media coverage than it has ever had!

When you look at the subject logically you realise that in the far flung places of the world, where hardly a human sets foot, it is possible for creatures to exist without coming into contact with any human.

The crux of it is that we humans are populating the earth at a rapid rate and encroachment on habitats are quite likely, you are going to get more and more people seeing things which they or anyone else have ever seen before! :yes:

People who have seen these creatures are speaking out more readily and the subject is getting more media coverage than it has ever had!

This works both way's, the way you suggest and also people are more aware so there brains make a link from a 'sighting' that would not have been made otherwise, also every far flung corner of the world contains people that like a bit of media attantion these day's, what better way to get yourself on the map than spotting a local Wild-man.

• Like 1

I hope we never find them. All we will do is capture them with no regard to their lives and wishes. We have no right to do that.

Even with all of our wisdom, we haven't yet figured out that all have the right to life. Not just humans.

• Like 3

In another case, the owner of the Rasput "inn" Andrei Gibazov reports that the monster stays at his place before every big expedition, and an be observed in the lounge around cocktail hour.

I agree with MJNYC I hope they don't find it.

When you look at the subject logically you realise that in the far flung places of the world, where hardly a human sets foot, it is possible for creatures to exist without coming into contact with any human.

But it's not as simple as saying these things live in areas that humans don't frequent. These things are reported in some of the most populous regions of the planet - every state in the US and every providence in Canada. Therefore logic dictates that a breeding population exists in all of North America, correct? A population of that size simply could not remain hidden and would produce much evidence of its existence than the occasional questionable footprint and blurry video.

• Like 2

These creatures won't be found because they don't exist.

We have identified new species at the bottom of the deepest oceans. We have identified new mammals, reptiles and insects in the most remote corners of the planet. Yet some would have us believe that we are unable to locate a large bi-pedal primate that (if you believe all the reports) lives on practically every continent on earth.

When does common sense enter this discussion?

These "creatures" haven't been found because they don't exist.

• Like 5

These creatures won't be found because they don't exist.

We have identified new species at the bottom of the deepest oceans. We have identified new mammals, reptiles and insects in the most remote corners of the planet. Yet some would have us believe that we are unable to locate a large bi-pedal primate that (if you believe all the reports) lives on practically every continent on earth.

When does common sense enter this discussion?

These "creatures" haven't been found because they don't exist.

Maybe they don't want to be found.

Someone email me, or pm me when these " researchers " release any information....Do people still take this serious?

Yup, I guess some do.

Just a few hours of reading in any of the Bigfoot threads here ( why they can not exist..breeding populations, hunters, fossils, cameras, etc,etc,etc ) and I think anyone with half of a education would see that is not possible.

Anyway, hashed this out more then enough times, broken record.....I will not hold my breath for any evidence at all.

Hell, the last big story from there said

" evidence to be released soon "...That was well over a year ago.....Oh, and that lady " doctor " whom has the DNA from the dead baby bigfoot, ya, that too.....

What a load of crap.

" fool me once shame on you, fool me twice..... "

What is it for " I can be fooled forever " ?

• Like 2

Someone email me, or pm me when these " researchers " release any information....Do people still take this serious?

Yup, I guess some do.

Just a few hours of reading in any of the Bigfoot threads here ( why they can not exist..breeding populations, hunters, fossils, cameras, etc,etc,etc ) and I think anyone with half of a education would see that is not possible.

Anyway, hashed this out more then enough times, broken record.....I will not hold my breath for any evidence at all.

Hell, the last big story from there said

" evidence to be released soon "...That was well over a year ago.....Oh, and that lady " doctor " whom has the DNA from the dead baby bigfoot, ya, that too.....

What a load of crap.

" fool me once shame on you, fool me twice..... "

What is it for " I can be fooled forever " ?

The saying is; Fool me once, Shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me 350,000 times, you are a weatherman. :tu:

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 1

Maybe they don't want to be found.

That would actually make them easier to find. That would require stratigical thinking. A creature that does that would be curious and would be found more often.

who did they walk like then? suggestions;..walk like An Egyption(Bangles),..walk like a man(Frankie valli),..walking on the moon(police),..add your own.i find it increasingly unlikely there is a community of sasquatch living along side us in this day of sattelites and various,however with just a small proportion of subterranean caves,caverns,rivers and so forth having been explored i suppose anything is possible.

Isn't it lucky that there've been so many sightings before the expedition, I'm sure they'll find some evidence now that it seems to be such an active area. :whistle:

But it's not as simple as saying these things live in areas that humans don't frequent. These things are reported in some of the most populous regions of the planet - every state in the US and every providence in Canada. Therefore logic dictates that a breeding population exists in all of North America, correct? A population of that size simply could not remain hidden and would produce much evidence of its existence than the occasional questionable footprint and blurry video.

I do believe that the "wild man" can't be discounted based on where it cannot be. Sure, it can't exist in New Yorks Central Park, so if it is reported there, then it must be false everywhere??

That is bad logic. Each report should be viewed independently before being tossed out. Some can be tossed out immediately, and some need further investigation.

The facts that Bigfoot in North America and the Yowi in Australia are practically impossible should not directly relate to the Russian Yeti that lives in a more remote area than anywhere in the US lower 48. No historic fossils exist of early Homonids in the Americas or Australia, but they do exist in the Southern parts of the Russian Siberia. So the entire equation is different.

There were Japanese soldiers living on islands after the end of WW2 and were not found out even AFTER the islands became populated - they lived in caves and left no evidence of their existence for decades. Do you think that an international conspiracy to pull off a hoax of Bigfoot,Yeti and Yowie sightings are "afoot"? Me thinks not - too many people sighting them, and with the advent of cell-phones, every-day folks have a chance at sighting something unusual.UFO's {everywhere} being seen by millions, yet we still do not have one in our possession - or do we? Same with our giant friends seen around the world....I, for one, WANT them to exist. It makes our world a little bit more exciting, and takes our minds off of endless wars and repressions that fill every paper and t.v. news stories daily. Proof of DNA extraction from hair samples have shown "not a man - not an ape" - somewhere in between. That is most likely where they will be found, in a place that is out of our peripheral vision, yet lives in the corner of our eyes - somewhere "in-between" what we perceive and what is really there. Make sense?

There were Japanese soldiers living on islands after the end of WW2 and were not found out even AFTER the islands became populated - they lived in caves and left no evidence of their existence for decades. Do you think that an international conspiracy to pull off a hoax of Bigfoot,Yeti and Yowie sightings are "afoot"? Me thinks not - too many people sighting them, and with the advent of cell-phones, every-day folks have a chance at sighting something unusual.UFO's {everywhere} being seen by millions, yet we still do not have one in our possession - or do we? Same with our giant friends seen around the world....I, for one, WANT them to exist. It makes our world a little bit more exciting, and takes our minds off of endless wars and repressions that fill every paper and t.v. news stories daily. Proof of DNA extraction from hair samples have shown "not a man - not an ape" - somewhere in between. That is most likely where they will be found, in a place that is out of our peripheral vision, yet lives in the corner of our eyes - somewhere "in-between" what we perceive and what is really there. Make sense?

there is not any DNA saying " between a man and a ape "....You are reading twisted opinions on DNA samples that say " inconclusive ", and the reason why is twisted to help keep the " bigfoot " going.

The DNA samples were not good enough, or had been contaminated.....Thus the " inconclusive ".

I challenge you to find one DNA sample from a bigfoot/yeti expedition that has been verified as a new animal by a reputable source.

There have been several analysis done on various Yeti/Bigfoot hair, but AFAIK, none of it ever made it to the internet in any kind of scientific form. Supposedly that is what Ketchum is doing still right now, right?

There was hair analysis done on several Orang Pendek hairs from Malasia that were compared to other ape hairs and appeared to be be a new species, or maybe a known species with just some range in wha is "Normal". Personnally I think those were Siamang hairs. But the analysis was done Other bigfoot/yeti/apemen hairs had the same done, but nothing has been posted online to my knownledge.

I have to agree with Wearer of Hats, isn't it strange how there's this plethora of activity, sightings, encounters in an area until the "experts" show up to verify and get the conclusive evidence then suddenly they can't quite nail it down. Then they leave after spending a town meeting, an evening in the woods and maybe a day running around. They don't find anything but some stuff and some places that look "Squatchy". Then they leave and edit the film and do the show, they're done because if they find the booger then the shows over folks and so's the money from the show. Let's be real, TV pays well.

If they were serious then they'd set up a base camp and spend a couple weeks or a month in the area, scout it out, looks for signs......no I really don't know what signs other than footprints or something *insert your favorite evidence here*. Have at least four or five people, well versed in woodman skills, tracking and animal behavior, at least well versed enough to know what they were tracking. Also, they'd need to be of a mindset to shoot the bugger if encountered because anything short of a body, a skeleton, or a body part, preferably a head isn't going to convince anyone.

Yes, that would be expensive as all get out, but that's really what it would take to make it happen. Then you have to get the body out and get it to someone who qualified to do this sort of detailed study on a new primate. Again let's face it, you can't just pick up the phone and call "Apes-R-Us" and arrange to drop off your carcass.

As an example of the expense involved, I came up with an initial expenditure of about $800K, with an additional recurring expense of almost $100K per expedition. (A one month expedition) This could vary depending distance traveled, number of people in the expedition, part of the country, etc. I happen to live in South Carolina so I would limit my expeditions to the NC, SC, GA and Eastern TN. Although I might be willing to take a trip to other places if there were something "hot".

Mind you, this does not take into account doing the preliminary searches and checking out leads and stories before determining where to do the big expeditions. This sh!t adds up quick.

Personally, I've found this video interesting. It has some interesting things in it and by the same token it has some hokie stuff as well.

http://<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eVUPoBGJo1o?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Give it a look. No, it isn't proof of anything. I just think it's interesting, at least certain parts of it.

Ok, someone is going to need to give me or tell me where to get a "how to" for posting videos on here.

Edited by keninsc

To post a video, I simply put it in as a link, and usually it will embed itself.

To add a link go to the Tool bar above the Post text section and on the 2nd bar down, in the middle you'll see a short chain/links icon.

Personally, I've found this video interesting. It has some interesting things in it and by the same token it has some hokie stuff as well.

http://<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eVUPoBGJo1o?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Give it a look. No, it isn't proof of anything. I just think it's interesting, at least certain parts of it.

Ok, someone is going to need to give me or tell me where to get a "how to" for posting videos on here.

http://www.youtube.c...bed/eVUPoBGJo1o

Edit: Humm... Nope that did not work.

Edit: There used to be a button for embedding videos, but I don't see it anymore and I too am now unsure how to do it...

Edit #3d: Nope that did not work either...

Edited by DieChecker