Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

GOP activists: Why isn't Romney ahead?

questionmark

The truth is that Walter Conkrite was no different than anyone else...he was a left leaning, liberal, communist sympathiser...the difference was that the Media had a monopoly then, CBS, NBC, ABC. Things have changed and Rush Limbaugh changed everything. You should all listen to Rush regularly. He tells it the way it is. It isn't that I agree with everything he says...it is more that he agrees with everything I think! And I know he does because he says it. How can anyone trust the 'news' from the mainstream media? And if you can't trust them to report news, then how can you trust their polls. The problem is that most democrats in the box for Obama refuse to see the mess.

I used to listen to Rush YEARS ago. I mean like back in the early 90's...before he became a drug addict and lost his damn mind. I know, he has since recovered, but the brain damage is still evident...and no...I am not kidding. In the 90's, Rush talked common sense...like Neil Boortz used to. In the last 15-18 years, these dudes have fallen off the cliff. Today all they preach is hate and division...and I seriously dislike them for that. A nation divided cannot stand and these idiots are intentionally causing separation and it is wrong. I might not agree with someone on every issue, but I do not hate them for their freedom to see things the way they do.

And I disagree. If you were actually alive and old enough to see Walter Cronkite, you would know he was a true "journalist"...not a left wing t@rd like today's MSNBC, CNN, CRNT, etc. I refuse to watch any of the biased crap. I do not watch Faux news, I do not watch the lefties either. I get my news from multiple online resources that allow me to formulate my own opinion based on the facts. I do not need a goof like Shultz, Maddow, Blitzer, Hanntiy or O'reilly or Limbaugh to feed an opinion to me. I have a brain that actually functions (most of the time ;) )

Edited by Jeremiah65

In six weeks we will see who is right and who is wrong. I have complete confidence in my predictions and am willing to bet you as I have said. You have a lot of bravado and post absolute BS with a dose a sanctimony and a pinch of hubris but refuse to bet. What does that say about you? I know what I think.

Just to point out... Even Rasmussen shows Obama ahead in the polls : http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/general_election_romney_vs_obama-1171.html

Things are bad, no doubt bout it, and we probably won't see a turn around until 2015 no matter who gets elected. Still voting for Romney.....

Things are bad, no doubt bout it, and we probably won't see a turn around until 2015 no matter who gets elected. Still voting for Romney.....

The manufacturing industry has just turned around for the first time in a decade.

And I disagree. If you were actually alive and old enough to see Walter Cronkite, you would know he was a true "journalist"...not a left wing t@rd like today's MSNBC, CNN, CRNT, etc. I refuse to watch any of the biased crap. I do not watch Faux news, I do not watch the lefties either.

I used to watch Cronkite. He was a lefty, alright, but he rarely let his philosophy bleed into his job.

Regarding the left and right media, there's nothing wrong with watching Fox News. You may find the news analysis shows objectionable, but the news is only the news on Fox affiliates, just like on most of the other networks' affiliates.

Of course, the news they leave out can be illustrative of some bias...

Harte

I used to watch Cronkite. He was a lefty, alright, but he rarely let his philosophy bleed into his job.

Regarding the left and right media, there's nothing wrong with watching Fox News. You may find the news analysis shows objectionable, but the news is only the news on Fox affiliates, just like on most of the other networks' affiliates.

Of course, the news they leave out can be illustrative of some bias...

Harte

Exactly...I cannot disagree that his philosophy when cornered WAS liberal....he at least attempted to just report the news...the rationalization or editorial perspective was left up to the viewer....how nice were those days. I understand that the media turned mouthpiece years ago....but I can still recall a time when the news was the news....the editorials had their own special place....it's not like that any more. Now...every bit of info you receive via the MSM has an editorial/opinion spin on it...and I freaking hate that. I honestly cannot choke any of them down anymore. Once I came to understand the manipulation techniques of media...I have a very shaded view of all media news.

I blame my views on a video I saw several years ago that explained the modern consumeristic platform and the father and uncle of spin....The Father of spin being Edward Bernays and his Uncle....Sigmund Freud.

Freud gets a bad rep these days cause of his cigar comments and the iea everyone wants to screw their own mother....the dude actually had some brilliant awakenings in the modern human psyche. Shame he is lost in a couple episodes of "what?".

Freud completely believed that the human species is incapable of democracy....his opinion of the "mob" mentality is striking if nothing else....I appreciate the guy...he might have gotten a little weirded out toward the end but he made astonishing discoveries into why we do the things we do....and that is the very reason I study philosophy and psychology to begin with, I want to know why people behave the way they do.

Carl Jung as well....so many people do not understand the benchmarks of understanding these men made...they are remembered for their weirded out things...but not for the real power and understanding they brought forward....I guess typical stuff, if someone says something you don't like, crucify him. The men were profound geniuses. They went very far in unraveling the mystery of the mind and the psyche.

If we do not understand our own minds, how can we judge the mind of a man we are selecting to lead us? It's baffling to me.

I'm sorry...I went on a tirade....didn't mean to....

I, however, see all this stuff connected. The less we understand ourselves and why we do the things we do...the more poorly equipped we are to make decisions concerning the governance and daily activity of the cultures we create...

Tirade over...sorry if that confuses anyone.

The manufacturing industry has just turned around for the first time in a decade.

Can it be that once you hit bottom, there is no where to go but up?

Give bama another 4 years and you will see bottom. Ninja is laughably gullible. I used to think he was just being an obstinate ass like wookie but ninja truly believes the numbers the dem machine put out. He really thinks that we are on an upswing. That is what we are up against, mind numbed robots that march to the messiah's mantra of BS. Zealots and true believers are scary indeed.

Give bama another 4 years and you will see bottom. Ninja is laughably gullible. I used to think he was just being an obstinate ass like wookie but ninja truly believes the numbers the dem machine put out. He really thinks that we are on an upswing. That is what we are up against, mind numbed robots that march to the messiah's mantra of BS. Zealots and true believers are scary indeed.

Merc, I appreciate your point of view. I do not like Obama either but I do not like Romney as well. From my point of view, it doesn't matter what puppet is in the white house...they are not going to help you or me.

This election is a sham...TPTB have chosen their next marionette and it doesn't matter what we think. I know, it sounds like I am giving up hope and that is sort of true because I do not think the people are clever enough to see that the two party system is a joke...they are two wings of the same bird of prey.

Only if we the people stand up, remove all incumbents and vote in independents and third parties can we hope to break the cycle...and I do not see enough people waking up and realizing this to make it happen.

lv50477f03.jpg

au503d1d26.jpg

Edited by Jeremiah65

Merc, I appreciate your point of view. I do not like Obama either but I do not like Romney as well. From my point of view, it doesn't matter what puppet is in the white house...they are not going to help you or me.

This election is a sham...TPTB have chosen their next marionette and it doesn't matter what we think. I know, it sounds like I am giving up hope and that is sort of true because I do not think the people are clever enough to see that the two party system is a joke...they are two wings of the same bird of prey.

Only if we the people stand up, remove all incumbents and vote in independents and third parties can we hope to break the cycle...and I do not see enough people waking up and realizing this to make it happen.

I understand and agree with you, to a point. I just don't think this is the time to try the grand experiment. Obama is a danger the likes of which we haven't faced before and he needs to be ousted before anything else is tried. Next election I'll probably join your side.

You are missing the point. I don't care what the polls say. They are all manipulative BS...yes...from the White House and the Media. Do you really think that NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, The New York Times, and the AP are news reporting agencies? They are not. They are propoganda machines. The sooner you realize that, the clearer the picture of reality will be.

I certainly dont need a poll to show me what a moron and out of touch person Romney is...i always let him speak for himself!

I understand and agree with you, to a point. I just don't think this is the time to try the grand experiment. Obama is a danger the likes of which we haven't faced before and he needs to be ousted before anything else is tried. Next election I'll probably join your side.

Your opinion is certainly the Fox News opinion, everytime I even try to give Fox News a chance it is always the same..sensational, reactionary, bigoted, negative trash talk about Obama...maybe this is because perhaps the GOP doesn't really have any good or productive ideas of their own? They scarem about how evil govt is while running for an office in govt! idiots....like govt will be ok if Romney wins! It is ludicrous how wacky the GOP has become.....thaT IS WHY rOMNEY WILL LOSE....THEY ARE ALL NUTS!

I think if some understood how govt/economy/corporate whores actually worked and operated no one would be naive and stupid enough to blame one party or one man for the mess we are in..we are all a bit to blame.....but the blame game says otherwise...always shift focus to someone or something else. Our govt and economy is a complicated affair and to watch people day in day out blame one person or party is STUPID! it will never bring a solution...but you are making the 'powers that be' happy....we are all divided and fighitng and digging into 'our' sides and THEY are reaping the power and profits that come from a nation of sheeple!

• Like 1

I used to listen to Rush YEARS ago. I mean like back in the early 90's...before he became a drug addict and lost his damn mind. I know, he has since recovered, but the brain damage is still evident...and no...I am not kidding. In the 90's, Rush talked common sense...like Neil Boortz used to. In the last 15-18 years, these dudes have fallen off the cliff. Today all they preach is hate and division...and I seriously dislike them for that. A nation divided cannot stand and these idiots are intentionally causing separation and it is wrong. I might not agree with someone on every issue, but I do not hate them for their freedom to see things the way they do.

And I disagree. If you were actually alive and old enough to see Walter Cronkite, you would know he was a true "journalist"...not a left wing t@rd like today's MSNBC, CNN, CRNT, etc. I refuse to watch any of the biased crap. I do not watch Faux news, I do not watch the lefties either. I get my news from multiple online resources that allow me to formulate my own opinion based on the facts. I do not need a goof like Shultz, Maddow, Blitzer, Hanntiy or O'reilly or Limbaugh to feed an opinion to me. I have a brain that actually functions (most of the time ;) )

If what you say is true, then...just wow! Personally I don't believe anything in your post...you sound like what Rush calls...Seminar Callers.

No. Once you hit bottom, a very likely scenario is...you either stay on the bottom ...or...you wind up six feet below the bottom. That would be...dead! And that is where America is heading...dead!

spelling typo

Edited by joc

I can see your point though I somewhat disagree....not entirely but to a point. It doesn't matter if Romney is POTUS or Obama...TPTB are raping this country for everything that it is worth and we are all sitting back and watching it happen. The power is not in the hands of the POTUS...it is in the hands of the career politicians of congress. That is why I think we as a people MUST demand term limits in congress....Harry Reid, John Boehner, Mitch McConnel...these guys need to find the unemployment line....no...seriously.

and Joc....whatever dude.....I hate divisionists....we are in this game together....we need a new team....the two party system is a joke and I do not care who licks their butt...be it Faux news or the liberal MSM...they are trying to fool you and I....and if you do not see that...well I guess they accomplished their goals. You can continue to have your opinion given to you by a big fat drug addict...I choose to form my own....you should try it sometime...wait...that requires the ability to think...which I question if you have.....yeah...argumentum ad hominem....wanna keep going with the brainless spew?

Edited by Jeremiah65

I can see your point though I somewhat disagree....not entirely but to a point. It doesn't matter if Romney is POTUS or Obama...TPTB are raping this country for everything that it is worth and we are all sitting back and watching it happen. The power is not in the hands of the POTUS...it is in the hands of the career politicians of congress. That is why I think we as a people MUST demand term limits in congress....Harry Reid, John Boehner, Mitch McConnel...these guys need to find the unemployment line....no...seriously.

and Joc....whatever dude.....I hate divisionists....we are in this game together....we need a new team....the two party system is a joke and I do not care who licks their butt...be it Faux news or the liberal MSM...they are trying to fool you and I....and if you do not see that...well I guess they accomplished their goals. You can continue to have your opinion given to you by a big fat drug addict...I choose to form my own....you should try it sometime...wait...that requires the ability to think...which I question if you have.....yeah...argumentum ad hominem....wanna keep going with the brainless spew?

You apparently didn't really 'read' my post. So I will post it again and highlight a sentence you missed.

snapback.pngJeremiah65, on 27 September 2012 - 03:05 PM, said:

The MSM is a joke...and a dirty one at that. There is no such thing as journalism anymore. No one just reports the facts. EVERYTHING is now an editorial opinion...every snip-it of news has to have someone's analysis attached so they can "steer" the viewer/readers opinion and get a predetermined reaction.

Pretty sickening actually.

I miss Walter Cronkite.... :(

The truth is that Walter Conkrite was no different than anyone else...he was a left leaning, liberal, communist sympathiser...the difference was that the Media had a monopoly then, CBS, NBC, ABC. Things have changed and Rush Limbaugh changed everything. You should all listen to Rush regularly. He tells it the way it is. It isn't that I agree with everything he says...it is more that he agrees with everything I think! And I know he does because he says it. How can anyone trust the 'news' from the mainstream media? And if you can't trust them to report news, then how can you trust their polls. The problem is that most democrats in the box for Obama refuse to see the mess.

I don't even have a television. What you say about a nation divided is true. I agree with you that Congress must pass term limits. But...it is Congress..you see...that must pass their own term limits. How do you get the Wolf to agree not to go into the pasture and eat the sheep?

Look, there is a thing called 'the truth'. Fox news has an agenda...it's called Ratings..above and beyond everything else. They get their ratings from having a more conservative slant on the news...but they have a lot of differing opinions. That's why I like Rush. One opinion...MINE! Rush has had his own personal problems and has overcome them...he should be praised for that, not ridiculed. He is the one who keeps preaching about division by the left: Poor vs Middle Class. Everyone vs. The Rich...Black vs White...Hispanic vs. White, Welfare vs jobs...Women vs men...women vs women...but totally and completely The Left vs The Right on every single issue. He is the one who also keeps saying that the Majority of this country doesn't think that way. The Majority of this country just want Government to leave us the hell alone. Let me be me without telling me HOW to be me and to quote Biden, " putting us back in chains" by regulating every second of our day...from what we eat at school lunch to what kind of toilet we can own to what kind of light bulb we can use.

All media has an agenda Joc. It's just the way it is. Do you realize that "all" media is owned by something like 5 corporations? Does that not concern you? They control all the information we have. I work around it by surfing the net....but even that is questionable....I guarantee that for every issue, I can find a news feed that justifies my point of view....that is bullsh!t. I don't want my opinion validated...I want my opinion to be based on raw facts...not other people's opinion.

I want to know the facts and from those I will form my own opinion...be it left or right...I don't really care. I am not left or right...I am an American Citizen. I care about people...I like helping them...I also like being paid well for a hard days work....oh my...I am an abomination...I want freedom to do as well as I can but I want to help people who are down and out...I must rank right up there with Frankenstein's monster....

• Like 2

Romney isn't ahead because the CIA wants Obama to win. It is as simple as that. Do you really think our votes count? They don't.

You are under the illusion that our votes still count. They do not.

I reember well that the DOD (Department of Defense) was one of the groups really pushing the electronic voting machines. Why do you suppose that was? Just think about it.

In the multi-ethnic working class NY neighborhood where I grew up many would say: 'The different between a Democrat and a Republican is that a Democrat uses lube before going in.'

Democrats, Republicans, Liberals, Conservatives, Communist, Socialist, Green, Libertarian, and etc. are all just devices used to keep the people divided. There is no difference in any of these parties or political themes since our federal, state, and local government system has been hijacked by the sole interests of the banking and corporate elites.

The bold 18th century American experiment of a viable democratic republic has today become a 21st century Police-state corporatocracy.

IKE was right, when he said in his final speech from the White House "In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."

Dr. Paul Craig Roberts in a recent article entitled 'A Culture of Delusion' wrote:"Americans live in a matrix of lies. They seldom encounter a truthful statement.There is no evidence that Americans can any longer tell the difference between the truth and a lie..."(http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2012/09/27/a-culture-delusion/)

• Like 1

Weak orders point to sharp slowdown in manufacturing.

By Lucia Mutikani

WASHINGTON | Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:29pm EDT

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Orders for long-lasting U.S. manufactured goods fell sharply in August, suggesting the main engine of the economic recovery was stalling even as a report showing a drop in new claims for jobless aid offered a hopeful sign on the labor market.

Source

“He ought to be killing Obama, and he’s clearly not doing that,” said 32-year-old R.J. Robinson, one of the thousands of activists attending the annual Values Voters Summit this weekend. “He should be doing better.”

We operate of course on that assumption. It was all explained in the last issue in case you missed it, where we clearly established that the campaign is faling ... but why??? :o