Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The official 2012 NFL season thread

Mister No Name

Pre-season is underway. I'm a big Raider fan! R.I.P. Al Davis.

The new era starts Monday against the Cowboys.

RAIDER NATION!

Edited by Mind Explorer

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mule

• CommunitarianKevin

• ThickasaBrick

• Mister No Name

My Raiders had a terrible showing last night against the Cowboys during monday night football.

3-0 win for the Cowboys.

Being from New England I root for the Patriots. The first preseason game was fairly ugly, especially the tomahawk which caused Brady to fumble. The O-line needs some work, hopefully with Mankins suiting up again things will look a bit better, but it is Solder who needs to keep Brady's blind side safe. The 31st ranked D last year can only go up, hopefully. Jones is looking scary coming off the edge.

I like the Raiders chances this year, if DMC can stay upright. That's a big if. The passing game could be dangerous with Heyward-bey and Moore, if Palmer finds some of his old form. I am unfamiliar with the D in Oakland but I always picture the Silver & Black as deadly.

At this point predicting the SB is a long shot but, as of today, I would pick GB and Pit, although NYG, damn Eli :nw: , and Bal have a good shot too. Don't overlook Hou and SF.

Football is back!!!

• 3 weeks later...

It is the day. Football makes its return!

• 3 weeks later...

49ers and Chargers fan here.

Both lost today, Frisco against Minnesota 13-24 and SD against Atlanta 03-27.

Ouch! after both started 2-0.

I am a Baltimore, Dallas, Green Bay, New Orleans, Oakland, Pittsburgh, and St Louis hater.

I also like New England and New York (Giants) though not a true diehard fan sorta way.

Vikings fan here...I predicted 4 wins...looks like they may be better than that. Ponder may be a good QB. Other than that I am rooting for the Pats and 9ers and rooting against Detroit, NYJets, Seattle, and NO. Been a good season for me so far...

Life long Bills fan, until 2008 when I could no longer handle Ralph Wilson's decisions. I now actively root against them. Chris Berman once said "nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills"...problem is the wagon's been going in cirlces since 1999 now. I'll decide my future when they have a new owner.

Life long Bills fan, until 2008 when I could no longer handle Ralph Wilson's decisions. I now actively root against them. Chris Berman once said "nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills"...problem is the wagon's been going in cirlces since 1999 now. I'll decide my future when they have a new owner.

What did ya think of the Fitzpatrick deal?

He's being paid like an average QB. Which is what he is. They have no other QB. Its not the worst deal these clowns (ralph, buddy nix, chan, russ brandon) have made.

He's being paid like an average QB. Which is what he is. They have no other QB. Its not the worst deal these clowns (ralph, buddy nix, chan, russ brandon) have made.

Hmmm I thought he got a pretty sweet deal after a few good games...maybe I am mistaken.

Hmmm I thought he got a pretty sweet deal after a few good games...maybe I am mistaken.

Well yeah they overpaid for him, but since they were 20 million under the cap who cares? Ralph has to pay for someone. I look forward to 2013 or 14 when the salary floor kicks in and they're forced to pay the guys.