Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

GOP activists: Why isn't Romney ahead?

questionmark

We operate of course on that assumption. It was all explained in the last issue in case you missed it, where we clearly established that the campaign is faling ... but why??? :o

1. Wrong issues. It is not Iran, it is not the economy, it is not the war. It's medicaid, stupid!

2. Untrustworthy candidates. Flip flopping never helped a campaign.

3. Wrong themes. You did not build that as biggest detractor to Obama mixed with a little birther romantic ain't goin too cut it.

4. What Republicans are we voting for? The conservatives, the reactionaries or the bible thumpers?

5. Savvy rhetoric like: "We are going to cut the taxes... but everybody is going to pay the same" does not sound like they have a recipe to fix it.

• Like 1

Besides the very apt shot to the foot campaign poster that Jeremiah65 posted, my answer to the OP's question is Romney's RNC speech. It was one of the most surreal political speeches I've ever seen. Mostly nothing, punctuated by a creepy smile and cheers from the crowd, it almost seemed like a parody. Romney just comes across as being completely out of touch, which means at best he's a joke and at worst he's frightening. He's the "anyone but Obama" candidate much like Kerry was the "anyone but Bush" candidate, and that's probably not good enough to win, especially when there are numbers Obama can point to that show we are in fact better off than we were when he got elected.

1. Wrong issues. It is not Iran, it is not the economy, it is not the war. It's medicaid, stupid!

Well of all those killed by Al-Quaeda, we can at least say they don't have to worry about health insurance anymore.

2. Untrustworthy candidates. Flip flopping never helped a campaign.

Obama has covered up and lied about the embassy attack, lied about Fast and Furious, lied about what's in the health care bill, he even went on Letterman and lied about the deficit, by 6 trillion! This is the most corrupt, dishonest adminstration ever, you are insane to trust anything Obama says.

3. Wrong themes. You did not build that as biggest detractor to Obama mixed with a little birther romantic ain't goin too cut it.

But we can talk about when Romney left Bain capital, or talk about his tax returns, those aren't irrelevant distractions. His birther comment was a joke anyway.

4. What Republicans are we voting for? The conservatives, the reactionaries or the bible thumpers?

5. Savvy rhetoric like: "We are going to cut the taxes... but everybody is going to pay the same" does not sound like they have a recipe to fix it.

Republicans don't have a checklist of stereotypes to pander to. They don't tell the black or the female or the gay voting blocks what Romney can do for them at the expense of everyone else, or look for ways to turn the poor against the rich. That sort of divisive politics is the wrong theme, it is everything that the Democrats claim to fight against, yet take full political advantage of it at every opportunity. That is the ultimate flip-flop.

Edited by Vein Capital

Well of all those killed by Al-Quaeda, we can at least say they don't have to worry about health insurance anymore.

Obama has covered up and lied about the embassy attack, lied about Fast and Furious, lied about what's in the health care bill, he even went on Letterman and lied about the deficit, by 6 trillion! This is the most corrupt, dishonest adminstration ever, you are insane to trust anything Obama says.

But we can talk about when Romney left Bain capital, or talk about his tax returns, those aren't irrelevant distractions. His birther comment was a joke anyway.

Republicans don't have a checklist of stereotypes to pander to. They don't tell the black or the female or the gay voting blocks what Romney can do for them at the expense of everyone else, or look for ways to turn the poor against the rich. That sort of divisive politics is the wrong theme, it is everything that the Democrats claim to fight against, yet take full political advantage of it at every opportunity. That is the ultimate flip-flop.

Don't tell that to me, try a soap box in Hyde park or something. I don't like either of them.

All media has an agenda Joc. It's just the way it is. Do you realize that "all" media is owned by something like 5 corporations? Does that not concern you? They control all the information we have. I work around it by surfing the net....but even that is questionable....I guarantee that for every issue, I can find a news feed that justifies my point of view....that is bullsh!t. I don't want my opinion validated...I want my opinion to be based on raw facts...not other people's opinion.

I want to know the facts and from those I will form my own opinion...be it left or right...I don't really care. I am not left or right...I am an American Citizen. I care about people...I like helping them...I also like being paid well for a hard days work....oh my...I am an abomination...I want freedom to do as well as I can but I want to help people who are down and out...I must rank right up there with Frankenstein's monster....

I think we agree on most everything actually...except Rush.

I want my opinion to be based on raw facts
So do I. And I believe my opinions are. I don't form opinions about something because someone else holds those opinions...but, I do trust Rush to deliver 'facts'. I don't listen to Media, don't believe Media, as a matter of fact it is beyond 'not believing what they say' it is more 'disbelieving everything they say'.

I think if some understood how govt/economy/corporate whores actually worked and operated no one would be naive and stupid enough to blame one party or one man for the mess we are in..we are all a bit to blame.....but the blame game says otherwise...always shift focus to someone or something else. Our govt and economy is a complicated affair and to watch people day in day out blame one person or party is STUPID! it will never bring a solution...but you are making the 'powers that be' happy....we are all divided and fighitng and digging into 'our' sides and THEY are reaping the power and profits that come from a nation of sheeple!

Uh, who the hell are you and why are you bothering me? Listen, if you are going to pop-in, post inane and angry little screeds that mean absolutely nothing and appear to be written by a high school student oin his mom's computer, please don't address them to me.

I am definitely not for the police/nanny state....which is what I think 4 more years is going to bring us. I fear more regulation and more stripping of rights...but that is just me.

I have wondered if this madness is not an intentional attempt to get us to rise up and fight...these candidates...they are terrible. I believe the answer to Orwell's 1984 IS 1776...if we don't just "stand" we will fall. I think almost all of us have a humanitarian streak...good or bad...I don't think any of us are ok with seeing our neighbor kicked into the street. Maybe I am wrong...maybe some are so self consumed that they do not care...I do care.

If we were to rise up and demand a new GOV...what would happen to the national debt? If we overthrew this Gov for another one...would the debt be absolved?... I do not want to hear theory, I want to hear fact. If we completely changed, became a "new" republic...would the debt be washed away with the former regime or would some stupid @ss out there expect to be paid anyway? Then we would have to fight and kill them to say "the new Republic owes you nothing"...I'm confused on this....

I think this is whate our leaders are trying to do...get us to rise up, change GOV and wipe out the debt. I will prob be mocked for thinking that way but I am pretty sure there is no other explanation for their behavior other than trying to work us into a frenzy.

Either that or the MIC (military industrial complex) has truly become the War Pigs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZCyOWLrRTE

Edited by Jeremiah65

I am definitely not for the police/nanny state....which is what I think 4 more years is going to bring us. I fear more regulation and more stripping of rights...but that is just me.

I have wondered if this madness is not an intentional attempt to get us to rise up and fight...these candidates...they are terrible. I believe the answer to Orwell's 1984 IS 1776...if we don't just "stand" we will fall. I think almost all of us have a humanitarian streak...good or bad...I don't think any of us are ok with seeing our neighbor kicked into the street. Maybe I am wrong...maybe some are so self consumed that they do not care...I do care.

If we were to rise up and demand a new GOV...what would happen to the national debt? If we overthrew this Gov for another one...would the debt be absolved?... I do not want to hear theory, I want to hear fact. If we completely changed, became a "new" republic...would the debt be washed away with the former regime or would some stupid @ss out there expect to be paid anyway? Then we would have to fight and kill them to say "the new Republic owes you nothing"...I'm confused on this....

I think this is whate our leaders are trying to do...get us to rise up, change GOV and wipe out the debt. I will prob be mocked for thinking that way but I am pretty sure there is no other explanation for their behavior other than trying to work us into a frenzy.

Either that or the MIC (military industrial complex) has truly become the War Pigs...

Which GOV are you talking about? The 'elected' GOV or the unelected Shadow Gov. The unelected Shadow Gov is the one with the real agenda (imo) and it has EVERYTHING to do with ridding ourselves of the debt to China. In fact, the only way we ever get out of debt to China is for China to attack us. That is why Iran has not been touched ...ever...not by Carter, Reagan, Clinton, Bush or Obama. Romney is the man...the window of opportunity is closing...if we don't destroy China now...that window will soon close...Iran is the open door to war with China. That is all there is to it really. (imo)

Which GOV are you talking about? The 'elected' GOV or the unelected Shadow Gov. The unelected Shadow Gov is the one with the real agenda (imo) and it has EVERYTHING to do with ridding ourselves of the debt to China. In fact, the only way we ever get out of debt to China is for China to attack us. That is why Iran has not been touched ...ever...not by Carter, Reagan, Clinton, Bush or Obama. Romney is the man...the window of opportunity is closing...if we don't destroy China now...that window will soon close...Iran is the open door to war with China. That is all there is to it really. (imo)

You want Romney to win so we can have a third world war. Romney does not stand a chance and your posts help Obama. Hope your new sig reads the silver thong was right buddy ;)

China is the new super power and Iran is a p*** shot. Take it blow up there nuclear site. China will not freakin give a crap as it just means they will lend the US more money for a bs war they can`t win.

Edited by The Silver Thong

Romney is a destroyer....he does not care about the average citizen trying to survive...he just does not get it. He will kill us off....that is his religious plan. He thinks that defending a religious state is important...i disagree...let them stand or fall.. I think that is the way to go....."f" them...they are not my problem.

A world war?...I hope not. We do need a massive reduction in population but I don't think this is the way to go..I think it will come from climate change. We are too many now...yeah sure..some studies say the world can sustain 10 billion people...I disagree...I think it is a lie...that is too many people...plain and simple. We can only survive when we are free....money needs to die, not people....I am sure,tons out there disagree....money is the life they love.....they are going to hurt soon....hear me laugh.....

Just my opinion though.....

Edited by Jeremiah65

You want Romney to win so we can have a third world war. Romney does not stand a chance and your posts help Obama. Hope your new sig reads the silver thong was right buddy ;)

China is the new super power and Iran is a p*** shot. Take it blow up there nuclear site. China will not freakin give a crap as it just means they will lend the US more money for a bs war they can`t win.

No, I want Romney to win because Obama is destroying our country...dismantling as it were...one piece at a time.

I don't think it will be a World War...no one wins that one. Think about this, please, I am being serious here and not confrontational for fun...Consider Russia and China. Russia fears China...if China is involved in a war with the US...what does Russia gain by joining that war? Nothing...they lose...they get set back another 30 years or so.

Interesting statistics Here: Where does China get her oil?

1. Saudi Arabia … 5.7 million barrels, up 15.1% from 2009 (20.5% of total)
  2. Angola … 4.4 million barrels, up 7.6% (15.8% of total)
  3. Iran … 3.2 million barrels, up 8.6% (11.4% of total)
  4. Russia … 2.1 million barrels, up 31.5% (7.5% of total)
  5. Sudan … 1.7 million barrels, up 16.1% (6% of total)
  6. Oman … 1.6 million barrels, down 19.5% (5.8% of total)
  7. Iraq … 977,190 barrels, up 285.1% (3.5% of total)
  8. Kuwait … 965,279 barrels, up 20% (3.5% of total)
  9. Libya … 865,557 barrels, up 98.9% (3.1% of total)
  10. Kazakhstan … 819,389 barrels, up 5.9% (2.9% of total)
  11. Venezuela … 718,523 barrels, down 18.5% (2.6% of total)
  12. Republic of Congo … 557,931 barrels, down 6.5% (2% of total)
  13. Brazil … 553,574 barrels, up 34.3% (1.99% of total)
  14. United Arab Emirates … 451,163 barrels, down 27. 8% (1.6% of total)
  15. Indonesia … 441,256 barrels, up 132.3% (1.59% of total)

Another interesting statistical fact:

• Russia holds the world's largest natural gas reserves, the second-largest coal reserves, and the ninth-largest crude oil reserves.
  • Russia was the second-largest producer of crude oil in 2011, second only to Saudi Arabia. During the year, production averaged more than 10 million bbl/d.

So, don't expect Russia to jump to either Iran or China's aid in a war with the US. It is in their best interestes not to.

Romney is a destroyer....he does not care about the average citizen trying to survive...he just does not get it. He will kill us off....that is his religious plan. He thinks that defending a religious state is important...i disagree...let them stand or fall.. I think that is the way to go....."f" them...they are not my problem.

A world war?...I hope not. We do need a massive reduction in population but I don't think this is the way to go..I think it will come from climate change. We are too many now...yeah sure..some studies say the world can sustain 10 billion people...I disagree...I think it is a lie...that is too many people...plain and simple. We can only survive when we are free....money needs to die, not people....I am sure,tons out there disagree....money is the life they love.....they are going to hurt soon....hear me laugh.....

Just Wow! Romney is a destroyer? What has he destroyed so far? Money needs to die? You are missing something my friend, seriously missing something. Without money people die. It isn't money ...as Jesus once so eloquently explained...it is the Love of Money. Two entirely different concepts.

Edited by joc

Just Wow! Romney is a destroyer? What has he destroyed so far? Money needs to die? You are missing something my friend, seriously missing something. Without money people die. It isn't money ...as Jesus once so eloquently explained...it is the Love of Money. Two entirely different concepts.

So Romney is going to fix that Russia buys oil that you evidently think belongs to you how ...?

So Romney is going to fix that Russia buys oil that you evidently think belongs to you how ...?

I think you are an intelligent person...I am wondering why I think that though. Where did I ever discuss anything of the sort? Go back and read my posts!

The point is that Russia doesn't need Middle Eastern oil. The point is that China does. Involving ourselves in a war with Iran is an extremely risky proposal for China. If their oil supply is interrupted...which all out war with Iran would probably precipitate...they would more than likely feel a strong need to involve themselves in the war.

Here is the clincher. If China attacks the United States or Israel...poof...we have reason not only to default on the loans we have with them...but to declare all debt to them void. I don't see the US making payments to a country they have just been attacked by and have declared war on. Do you?

I think you are an intelligent person...I am wondering why I think that though. Where did I ever discuss anything of the sort? Go back and read my posts!

The point is that Russia doesn't need Middle Eastern oil. The point is that China does. Involving ourselves in a war with Iran is an extremely risky proposal for China. If their oil supply is interrupted...which all out war with Iran would probably precipitate...they would more than likely feel a strong need to involve themselves in the war.

Here is the clincher. If China attacks the United States or Israel...poof...we have reason not only to default on the loans we have with them...but to declare all debt to them void. I don't see the US making payments to a country they have just been attacked by and have declared war on. Do you?

You're right that questionmark is an intelligent poster.

You, on the other hand, seem very flippant about thermonuclear annihilation.

Not a good sign.

Think about it. What would it do to US credit were we to go to war with out creditors, and default on 25% or so of what we owe?

Do you understand the future cost of money? Do you think this country can simply decide one day not to carry a deficit?

Harte

• Like 1

Not a good sign.

Think about it. What would it do to US credit were we to go to war with out creditors, and default on 25% or so of what we owe?

Do you understand the future cost of money? Do you think this country can simply decide one day not to carry a deficit?

Harte

You seem to be assuming that a war with Iran and China would be Thermo-Nuclear. I don't think it would. On the other hand what you also don't seem to understand is that this is ALL about stabilizing the World Monetary System. And you missed a vital point. It would not be us defaulting really on a debt with our creditors...it would be us refusing to continue to give money to an enemy that we are at war with. The other thing is...war might just be a bargaining tool for 'rearranging' the entire debt scenario. An interesting history lesson is that of the Knights Templar and the King of France. It was after all The Knights Templar who created the Banking System we all know and..uh...love...today. And it is my belief that descendants of Knights Templar are still controlling the banking system. While war is a nasty business...can you imagine what will happen to the world if the entire monetary system broke down? Billions of people would die in a very short time of starvation.

Edited by joc

And.... Obama cares about the People? What has Obama done for the Average Citizen? Healthcare?? Pure politics. Everything he has done is pure politics. There has been very little care for the American People.

If Obama cared about the American People (Who are almost half Republicans/Conservatives) he'd have met the House Republicans at some middle ground. To hell with the arguement that he did try that. Carter and Clinton were able to do it, why not President Obama? He obviously did not try hard enough. I think it was Senator Snowe who was working with him on the Healthcare reform and where is she now? Supporting him? Getting that olive branch handed back? Nope? Pure party politics is all we've seen, and not "Caring for the people".

• Like 1

I support Obama! Everybody in my community that's of a lower-income minority status has been able to take advantage of the Lifeline program, available to anybody on the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, as well as those on Social Security or disability. I find Romney to be the less favorable candidate in this regard, a point I would strongly emphasize!

I support Obama! Everybody in my community that's of a lower-income minority status has been able to take advantage of the Lifeline program, available to anybody on the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, as well as those on Social Security or disability. I find Romney to be the less favorable candidate in this regard, a point I would strongly emphasize!

That's okay too...You are who Romney was talking about when he said that 47% would vote for Obama because they were getting a check of some sort from Obama. You my friend, are the 47%! Wake up! You think your Government Titty is always going to be there to suckle?

You seem to be assuming that a war with Iran and China would be Thermo-Nuclear. I don't think it would. On the other hand what you also don't seem to understand is that this is ALL about stabilizing the World Monetary System. And you missed a vital point. It would not be us defaulting really on a debt with our creditors...it would be us refusing to continue to give money to an enemy that we are at war with. The other thing is...war might just be a bargaining tool for 'rearranging' the entire debt scenario. An interesting history lesson is that of the Knights Templar and the King of France. It was after all The Knights Templar who created the Banking System we all know and..uh...love...today. And it is my belief that descendants of Knights Templar are still controlling the banking system. While war is a nasty business...can you imagine what will happen to the world if the entire monetary system broke down? Billions of people would die in a very short time of starvation.

The Knight Templar did not create the banking system. Way before most of them knew how to read and write there was the network of Jewish money lenders, without whom the European economy never would have gotten out from the big roman depression.

Any advanced economy needs banks as guarantors of money transactions to avoid people having to run around with whole years salaries to make purchases. If you cannot fathom how much money you can afford to spend that is hardly the banks problem...maybe their gain though.

Not a good sign.

Harte

You know I did not like you praising me, it is the rest of your post I like. I always feel humbled when praised because I always think they have not said enough (stolen from Mark Twain).

Twain's one of my all time faves.

And you did too like me praising you. But it speaks well of you that you claimed otherwise.

Harte

The Knight Templar did not create the banking system. Way before most of them knew how to read and write there was the network of Jewish money lenders, without whom the European economy never would have gotten out from the big roman depression.

Any advanced economy needs banks as guarantors of money transactions to avoid people having to run around with whole years salaries to make purchases. If you cannot fathom how much money you can afford to spend that is hardly the banks problem...maybe their gain though.

Okay...created the banking system...is a stretch. They are responsible, to a great extent, for the Modern Banking System involving checks and deposits.

The point is that when King Philip IV of France became overly indebted to them, he schemed his way out of the debt by falsely accusing the Templars of heresy. With the top guys burned at the stake and the Knights Templar in exile of sorts...King Philip found himself...ahem...no longer indebted to the Templars. That is what I'm talking about with our debt to China....if we involve them in a war with us...poof...no more debt. That's what I think anyway.

Yeah the current situation with China is a hell of a lot different than the situation with the Templars. Philip had them outnumbered and the support of the Pope, meaning the Templars were screwed from the get go. I have a feeling China would just be a wee bit harder to take down.

And.... Obama cares about the People? What has Obama done for the Average Citizen? Healthcare??

gee I dunno one of the first pieces of legislation pass was the Lilly Ledbetter Fair pay act.

If Obama cared about the American People (Who are almost half Republicans/Conservatives) he'd have met the House Republicans at some middle ground. To hell with the arguement that he did try that.

So you toss the facts aside and stay in the "bubble". The facts are that the Democrats offered budget cuts and tax increases. The Republicans refused. There's no defense of their actions.