Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bat-like Creature on the road

gs301

Here we go again...

Zapotecbatgod.gifThai's what I saw. On the site i'he found this picture it's said to be some Zapotec god. How that thing came here?

:rofl: OMGZ!!!

http://en.wikipedia....asian_Eagle-Owl

Pretty big owl... It could definitely have been a big owl.

Yeah, that kind of bird could be there. But I sure saw a humanoid torso with arms and legs, and IMHO It's hard to confuse bird and humanoid in daylight. So, if that wasn't some weird creature, I suppose that was a tall masked man. But that's weird too.

I know excatly what you are talking about, people of mexican decent believe in these things.... it's called a lechuza. They are not very pretty creatures, my mom and brothers have all ran into them and so have my uncles and gradparents and many others. Do some research on the half bird half humen mexican legend lechuza, they mimic your voice or family members voices. They whistle at you at night, and even follow you home.

From internet sites I've read what lechuza has a human face, but bird's body, isn't it? Our folklore here has some alice creatures (gamayun, sirin, alconost), but i don,t recall any recent sightings reports about them.

But in my case it was quite opposite - a man's body and animal or monster face.

I know excatly what you are talking about, people of mexican decent believe in these things.... it's called a lechuza. They are not very pretty creatures, my mom and brothers have all ran into them and so have my uncles and gradparents and many others. Do some research on the half bird half humen mexican legend lechuza, they mimic your voice or family members voices. They whistle at you at night, and even follow you home.

Human brains are hard wired for pattern recognition. Recognizing humanoid forms and human faces have top priority. Considering the wholly disparate evolutionary paths of animals, it's just this-side-of-impossible that something other than a primate would develop humanoid features. The perfect blending of man and beast in the myths and legends of every culture is psychological, rather than biological. Our brains actively warp the sensory information we receive in order to try and bridge gaps in that information. This effect is worsened by the, often, resulting adrenaline and fear. People always create bridges between man and beast, but none have ever been found, though such creatures run rampant in the imaginations and stories of people across the world.

The Lechuza is even more suited to this fact of life as it is said to mimic voices. Myriad birds utilize mimicry. Our brains also go to extreme lengths to create understandable patterns out of sounds, often resulting in semi-recognizable language from gibberish (just look at EVPs). Cultural beliefs, the colourful imagery of myths and legends, the power of belief or hope that such things exist, etc... these are all factors that carry almost unbelievable force in regards to paranormal experiences. Anyone who has had Hypnogogic / Hypnopompic experiences knows just how real an illusion can seem. Individual experiences differ greatly, which leads one to imagine that some people are neurologically better suited to experience these kinds of intensely imaginative, vivid encounters.

Ghost encounters are being ruled out by psychological tests atm. The experiences one has in creepy old buildings can be duplicated, including phantom words, screams, moans, cold spots, paranoid delusions, ephemeral humanoid figures, etc... in computer simulated settings. The God Helmet also causes these experiences by focusing electromagnetic waves on specific areas of the brain. These experiences can be quite powerful visually, though they are completely without visual ques. Having this kind of experience where the confusing play of forest scenery and shadows can create patterns for our brains to play with, the addition of animals or rotting, irregularly shaped trees are more than enough inspiration for our minds to garner from a fleeting glance. Even sustained scrutiny can be completely erroneous. People on hallucinogenics also have vastly different experiences depending on whether or not they are alone, often having peculiar, outlandish, experiences complete with typical symptoms of a ghostly encounter. This suggests that our group mentality buffers us from our brain's overactive survival instincts (which are undoubtedly the cause for these over-blown pattern recognition experiences).

Short of magic, the chances are that non-primate humanoids exist purely within our minds. Mountain Gorillas, for instance, used to be one of the half-ape / half-men cryptids. They were one of the many, naturally occurring animals who were wreathed in man's overactive imagination until proven both real and evolutionarily possible. The biological hardware responsible is there and known, making it by far the most likely answer. Human's haven't got much left to discover in regards to large terrestrial animals, maybe nothing at all. We number in the billions, we adore and are motivated by mystery and fantasy, which has led to many expeditions into dire, unexplored lands. We're everywhere. The lack of corpse evidence, archaeological evidence (think trophies) or evidence of any kind other than hearsay, for the vast majority of these creatures, is practically absurd. The only thing man hasn't managed to kill, once coming into contact with, are the phantoms our minds project.

http://listverse.com/2010/08/13/top-10-cryptids-that-turned-out-to-be-real/

• Like 1

Yeah they they are said to have a birds body and a old womens face,They can be male or female. And i can understand when people think they see something and its really not there, but what can u say when multiple people say they alll saw the same thing. Everyone in the same room is imagining the same thing?

I doubt it was an owl because I sure it had a snout and big owls just don't exist in this region. Could it be a masked man?

I'm very poor on drawing but it looked like something like that

Really..EEK! But on the other hand Ural Mountain oooo very beautiful

Yes, It's a shame people turned thhis plase into garbage pile.

Are you talking about this site? If so, I would say it's people like you that try and turn it into a garbage pile.

Yeah they they are said to have a birds body and a old womens face,They can be male or female. And i can understand when people think they see something and its really not there, but what can u say when multiple people say they alll saw the same thing. Everyone in the same room is imagining the same thing?

Yes.

mass hysteria

n.

1. Spontaneous, en masse development of identical physical or emotional symptoms among a group of individuals, as in a classroom of schoolchildren.

2. A socially contagious frenzy of irrational behavior in a group of people as a reaction to an event.

mass hysteria

Etymology: ME, maiour, great; Gk, hystera, womb

an episode of psychogenic illness affecting a large group of individuals at the same time. Examples include the witchcraft trials of the 17th century and the irrational mass reaction to the 1938 radio show based on H.G. Wells' science-fiction novel, War of the Worlds. Also called collective hysteria, epidemic hysteria, major hysteria, mass panic, mass psychogenic illness.

Five days ago I was driving on a country road and saw a jet or something flew ahead low over the forest. And soon a creature 2.5-3 meters tall appeared in the woods near the road.

The creature was dark gray and looked like a half-human half-bat. It has huge red eyes and wings and looked right on the cars. I got really scared and flew away from that place.

And after that encounter I see a weird dreams about armoured giants roaming on Earth. Can anyone say what was it and who was this flying creature? Was it mothman or something else? Are my dreams connected with that sighting?

How did you fly?