Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO Secrets To Be Revealed This Weekend

Simbi Laveau

I take it that you know what happens to sub-atomic particles when accelerated to approaching speed of light & which we still haven't achieved?

I take it that you dont because Protons are accelerated to 0.999999991 c at the Large Hadron Collider

People in general just never consider that it is likely not only distance which separates us from other life in the universe, but also time. Even on our own planet there are more extinct species than currently exist. To our knowlege there has only been one intelligent species capable of tools and civilization on our planet so the vast, vast, vast majority of life has been uninteligent. If we do ever make it to another planet that contains life (unlikely sorry to say) it will propbably be uninteligent.

If there are aliens visiting the earth prove it.

I take it that you dont because Protons are accelerated to 0.999999991 c at the Large Hadron Collider

As I said, 'which we still haven't achieved.' .....keep up.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

About 500-600 light years in the case of Orion. I do know what the distances are, and that they must surely be impossible for us with our very limited technology, since we have great difficulty even getting to the moon or Mars.

That only means they are impossible for us, not a civilization that may be far older and more advanced. They could very well be "all over the place" by now, to answer the often misstated Fermi Paradox.

Approximately 1500 light years away. So assuming Keithisco's 0.9999999991 is achieved on a 'space craft' (let alone a single sub atomic particle) then they would have to travel some 1500 years. Do you think the human race will last another 1500 years?

And that as you say is a near neighbor.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

Approximately 1500 light years away. So assuming Keithisco's 0.9999999991 is achieved on a 'space craft' (let alone a single sub atomic particle) then they would have to travel some 1500 years. Do you think the human race will last another 1500 years?

This website says that the stars in Orion are very numerous and that they range from 243 to 1,300 light years away. For some reason, I had it mind that some stars in Orion about 500-600 light years away were particularly significant.

http://www.google.co...7WX5WXaltZYdLDA

In 1,500 years, my best guess is that we will still exist--in a way--but perhaps not in the same form we have now, and that we will also be "out there" in a major way, with machines and constructions in space that would be very hard for us to describe or imagine today. We are going to be part of all of that.

It's just my opinion, of course, that we will no longer be as we are now.

Edited by TheMacGuffin

People in general just never consider that it is likely not only distance which separates us from other life in the universe, but also time. Even on our own planet there are more extinct species than currently exist. To our knowlege there has only been one intelligent species capable of tools and civilization on our planet so the vast, vast, vast majority of life has been uninteligent. If we do ever make it to another planet that contains life (unlikely sorry to say) it will propbably be uninteligent.

If there are aliens visiting the earth prove it.

If the military had ever released this film of the Holloman landing, and the aliens that were allegedly from somewhere in Orion, you would have had your answer long ago.

d4ac3b5326d7.png

Or even this one that supposedly happened in 1955.

50columbineufo.jpg

And that as you say is a near neighbor.

Does anyone consider the possibility that an ancient civilization with advanced technology would have migrated through space for thousands upon thousands of years and that is point of origin not where they are really coming from now?

Does anyone consider the possibility that an ancient civilization with advanced technology would have migrated through space for thousands upon thousands of years and that is point of origin not where they are really coming from now?

That would be 'Battlestar Galactica' presumably.

• Like 1

If the military had ever released this film of the Holloman landing, and the aliens that were allegedly from somewhere in Orion, you would have had your answer long ago.

d4ac3b5326d7.png

Or even this one that supposedly happened in 1955.

50columbineufo.jpg

Yeah. That's a real pretty picture. Not quite as convincing as Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind or ET. You understand this is less that proof right? If you think about it using logic based upon provable facts instead of wishful thinking, heresay and unprovable physics you can't help but come to the conclussion that we are most likely not being visited by ET's.

Yeah. That's a real pretty picture. Not quite as convincing as Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind or ET. You understand this is less that proof right? If you think about it using logic based upon provable facts instead of wishful thinking, heresay and unprovable physics you can't help but come to the conclussion that we are most likely not being visited by ET's.

I came to the exact opposite conclusion long ago, and I have very good reasons for it. In any case, the film of the landings at Holloman was real and was almost disclosed officially to Robert Emenegger when he was making his famous documentary about UFOs,

This is one of those landing events that was anything but wishful thinking and science fiction.

What are your "provable facts", Oversword? You haven't been given enough information to even have any, but in this case of Emengger's film, the military confirmed for him that UFOs were real, that they were ET, and contacts had been made. As far as I know, it was the only time in US history when the government publicly admitted this.

Back on topic... the "revelation" never happened. Case closed.

If you know about UFO history, then you'd realize that Col. Bill Coleman was the point man in providing military information about UFOs to Robert Emenegger, including the Holloman footage. That is an important point, but one that Coleman evidently did not care to discuss.

I don't know if it would have blown the lid off the whole thing if he had, since the higher-ups always leave people hanging out to dry when they attempt to tell the real story about UFOs. It's typical CYA.

Fact - There have been millions of different species on our planet.

Fact - We know of only one intelligent species out of those millions, humans.

Fact - Statistically, based on above facts, if we discover a planet with life forms they are more likely to be uninteligent.

Fact - Someone saying in a film that aliens exist is not a fact, proof or evidence. It is hersey.

MacGuffin, I was a believer, however the shear wieght of statistics and logical thought have brought me to the belief that we are not and likely never have been visited by aliens. I admit there are a few anomolies, such as the Dogan tribes knowlege of stars they should know nothing about, but placed on a scale these anomolies are far outwieghed by by what can be proved.

Fact - Statistically, based on above facts, if we discover a planet with life forms they are more likely to be uninteligent.

Fact - Someone saying in a film that aliens exist is not a fact, proof or evidence. It is hersey.

MacGuffin, I was a believer, however the shear wieght of statistics and logical thought have brought me to the belief that we are not and likely never have been visited by aliens. I admit there are a few anomolies, such as the Dogan tribes knowlege of stars they should know nothing about, but placed on a scale these anomolies are far outwieghed by by what can be proved.

I'm not a believer in anything, nor am I at all sure that any of your "facts" truly are facts, except the first one, of course, which is just a truism.

Edited by TheMacGuffin

This UFO information " proof " will be released at the same News conference that the Bigfoot DNA " proof " will be released from Dr. Melba Ketchum. Also, the scientists that explored Siberia 2 years ago, they will also be there to show there " proof " of Yeti they said they would release soon 2 years ago.

This UFO information " proof " will be released at the same News conference that the Bigfoot DNA " proof " will be released from Dr. Melba Ketchum. Also, the scientists that explored Siberia 2 years ago, they will also be there to show there " proof " of Yeti they said they would release soon 2 years ago.

I'm not in the least interested in Bigfoot, although if I actually saw one I might be. Col. Coleman is the one who said he was going to disclose something important, and then changed him mind at the last minutes.

He said a lot more in that TV series he produced in the 1970s, though, which was based on cases he investigated himself. He's not a fake, but he has always been ambivalent about how much to tell the public. So have I.

One of Coleman's best episodes in Project UFO was "The French Incident", in which he describes how he was sent to France to investigate the abduction of the son of an important American official. No such case exists in the Blue Book records, of course, but for that matter Blue Book was never called Project UFO nor did it ever send investigators to France.

I can tell you that there was a real Project UFO, however, and that it was part of Project Moon Dust. Virtually none of its records have ever been made available, although the military finally did acknowledge that it existed.

I am not saying I believe any of this story, but I must say there are plenty of " intelligent " species here.

( not sure I would count humans )

Species that show intelligence ( very short list )

• Chimps are almost like us
    e590a2bd-fc10-4301-9271-568d584a49e3.grid-4x2.jpgTetsuro Matsuzawa / AP
    If we humans possess intelligence, chimpanzees must have some as well: Our genomes are at least 98 percent identical. Chimps make and use tools, hunt in organized groups and engage in acts of violence. Wild troops have distinct behaviors and customs. Field observations and lab experiments show chimps are capable of empathy, altruism and self-awareness. In the experiment pictured here, chimps performed better than humans on a number memory test.

Dolphins get creative

050606_spongemom_hmed_10a.grid-4x2.jpgJanet Mann / Georgetown University

This dolphin in Australia uses a sponge to protect her snout when foraging on the seafloor, a tool use behavior that is passed on from mother to daughter. Scientists say that's just one sign of dolphin smarts. Other signs include distinct whistles and clicks that may serve as dolphin names, perhaps used in a type of language. A famous 1960s experiment found that a pair of dolphins entered a tizzy of creativity once they figured out their novel behaviors were rewarded with fish. Frustrated human test subjects just let out a sigh of relief when they caught on to the idea.

• Elephants exhibit self-awareness
    061030_elephantknows_hmed_1230p.grid-4x2.jpgAP
    The sheer size of their brains suggests that elephants must know a thing or two about the ways of the world. They have been seen consoling family members, helping other species in times of need, playing in water and communicating with one another via vibrations sensed in their feet. A crowning achievement, some researchers say, was when this female Asian elephant named Happy recognized herself in the mirror. The complex behavior is shared only with humans, great apes and dolphins.

• Cephalopods have big brains
    060417_octopus_hmed_12p.grid-4x2.jpgBinyamin Hochner
    Are octopi, squids and cuttlefish smart? That's a matter of scientific intrigue, but such cephalopods are certainly among the brainiest invertebrates in the sea. The cephalopod brain surrounds the esophagus, but shares with the human brain features of complexity such as folded lobes and distinct regions for processing visual and tactile information. The how-smart debate swirls around deciphering observations that the creatures have a seemingly irrepressible curiosity, a disdain for boredom, an ability to learn and the capacity to use tools. The octopus pictured here exerts precise muscle control to eat.

Crows get crafty

061031_crow_hmed_4p.grid-4x2.jpgAlex Kacelnik et al. / University of Oxford

Crows are crafty critters: They fashion tools from twigs, feathers and other bits of debris to snare food from hard-to-reach places. A crow named Betty, pictured here, uses a straight wire she bent into a hook to retrieve food from a tube. The birds are born with a tool-making ethic, but they hone their craft by watching their elders, a sign of higher intelligence. Ravens, a type of crow, have even been shown to manipulate the outcomes of their social interactions for added protection and more food.

• Squirrels can be deceptive
    080514-squirrel-hmed-3p.grid-4x2.jpgGabriel Bouys / AFP - Getty Images file
    Is the squirrel pictured here plotting deception? Perhaps. Researchers recently reported that the rodents put on elaborate shows of deceptive caching to thwart would-be thieves. The behavior increased in a lab experiment after squirrels observed humans stealing their peanuts. The researchers called the finding a sign that squirrels can interpret intentions of others, though it could just be a case of learned behavior. Other studies have shown the critters make three-dimensional maps to recall where they cache their nuts. And squirrels in California will cover their fur in the scent of rattlesnakes to mask their own scent from predators.

• Man's best friend
    071129_dog_hmed_10a.grid-4x2.jpgUniversity of Vienna
    Are dogs intelligent or just really good at basic obedience? They can learn to sit, lie down and fetch, for example, but can they read their owner's intentions? Research suggests they can at least find food in response to non-verbal cues, a type of understanding that scientists think may be akin to the human ability to understand someone else's point of view. The dog in the experiment pictured here accurately discriminated between photos of dogs and photos of landscapes — an indication the dog was able to form the concept of "dog."

Cats are adaptable

ss-080405-at-17.grid-4x2.jpgBob Pennell / AP

Like dog owners, some cat owners have trained their pets to sit down, roll over and jump through hoops. Cats learn the tricks by observation and imitation, egged on with positive reinforcement. But training cats is harder than dogs. Does that mean they are less intelligent? Not necessarily. Cat experts say felines are just different. They are solitary animals, motivated by the need to survive. This has allowed them to adapt to a variety of domestic environments for at least 9,500 years - even the hoods of cars.

• Pigs are wise ... and clean
    ss-080308-animaltrax-07.grid-4x2.jpgPaulo Whitaker / Reuters
    Here's the dirt on pigs: They are perhaps the smartest, cleanest domestic animals known - more so than cats and dogs, according to some experts. But pigs don't have sweat glands, so they roll around in the mud to stay cool. A sign of their cleverness came from experiments in the 1990s. Pigs were trained to move a cursor on a video screen with their snouts and used the cursor to distinguish between scribbles they knew and those they were seeing for the first time. They learned the task as quickly as chimpanzees.

• Like 1

Ok.... so lets say we have proof....area 51 happened...... so explain to me WHY/HOW we havent had the ability to make improvements on our energy issue.. Do we not have the ability to reverse engineer these "UFO" technologies so we can get off of fossil fuels.... A new energy source???? new type of toothbrush? 3-D PONG?? SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!! ...... lol

You are cordially invited to review the cases on the Tantalising Testimony thread. That'll change your mind.

• Like 1

Ok.... so lets say we have proof....area 51 happened...... so explain to me WHY/HOW we havent had the ability to make improvements on our energy issue.. Do we not have the ability to reverse engineer these "UFO" technologies so we can get off of fossil fuels.... A new energy source???? new type of toothbrush? 3-D PONG?? SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!! ...... lol

erm because they don't want you to have this technology? :blush:

Have you read up on why JP Morgan refused to back Nicola Tesla's Wardenclyffe Tower project?

The answers lies right there.

I'm not in the least interested in Bigfoot, although if I actually saw one I might be. Col. Coleman is the one who said he was going to disclose something important, and then changed him mind at the last minutes.

He said a lot more in that TV series he produced in the 1970s, though, which was based on cases he investigated himself. He's not a fake, but he has always been ambivalent about how much to tell the public. So have I.

AHA !

It was you :)

You have information you are reluctant to give to the public....I new I read things like this before.No offense at all, I have to take my apology away, it was intended for you.

You say you have information, but can not release it? My memory may had been wrong on some things, but now I remember.

Either way, no big deal to me, it is all fun to discuss. I just do not like any of the " I have evidence, I know people " " but, I can not share any of it " from anyone.

AHA !

It was you :)

You have information you are reluctant to give to the public....I new I read things like this before.No offense at all, I have to take my apology away, it was intended for you.

You say you have information, but can not release it? My memory may had been wrong on some things, but now I remember.

Either way, no big deal to me, it is all fun to discuss. I just do not like any of the " I have evidence, I know people " " but, I can not share any of it " from anyone.

I have already "shared" what I know, but I was always ambivalent about what the public should be told. I have said that many times, but on balance I think it is better to tell the truth.

Edited by TheMacGuffin

I have already "shared" what I know, but I was always ambivalent about what the public should be told. I have said that many times, but on balance I think it is better to tell the truth.

Just flicking you chit is all, all in fun :)