Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anyone seen this picture?

ShadowBoy86x

I know what UFO means. I saw a UFO when most people on here were probably still learning their ABCs and saying "goo-goo".

What makes you think that an alien spacecraft must always be "manned" anyway?

So what, it's an alien drone?

Could someone explain why a "UFO" isn't an alien craft?

They aren't unidentified for nothing. Unidentified means we don't know what it is. It could be one of a myriad of things.

That and the fact that there are too many faked pictures as well as faked videos....

So what, it's an alien drone?

Dr. Hynek defined a UFO correctly as "the reported perception of an object or light seen in the sky or upon the land the appearance, trajectory, and general dynamic and luminescent behavior of which do not suggest a logical, conventional explanation and which is not only mystifying to the original percipients but remains unidentified after close scrutiny of all available evidence by persons who are technically capable of making a common sense identification, if one is possible."

That's what I mean by the term as well, but we see on here is completely unqualified persons throwing out various ridiculous "explanations" for the picture, although some of them know full-well how ridiculous they are and don't care. Such is the kind of "skepticism" that always plagues the UFO field, and it is intentionally dishonest.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCoQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ufocasebook.com%2Fshortintroduction.html&ei=7EtrUK-GN4KQ8wT76IDACw&usg=AFQjCNFVLIt2kUdpYtVTXwz8Zsbft_jtew&sig2=qPwXd2Got6DCU1BjJSCWpw

• Like 2

Dr. Hynek defined a UFO correctly as "the reported perception of an object or light seen in the sky or upon the land the appearance, trajectory, and general dynamic and luminescent behavior of which do not suggest a logical, conventional explanation and which is not only mystifying to the original percipients but remains unidentified after close scrutiny of all available evidence by persons who are technically capable of making a common sense identification, if one is possible."

That's what I mean by the term as well, but we see on here is completely unqualified persons throwing out various ridiculous "explanations" for the picture, although some of them know full-well how ridiculous they are and don't care. Such is the kind of "skepticism" that always plagues the UFO field, and it is intentionally dishonest.

http://www.google.co...ot6DCU1BjJSCWpw

The UFO field is plagued by a lack of evidence.......

Again, I want to believe......

Yes I'm buying into this one. Nice find!

wr5064bd18.jpg

Valid random picture I'd say

Unidentified Flying Object just needs to be identified ...it does look like what a lot of people see

I think because there are so many fakes and hoaxes that we wouldnt really recognize one if it was truly genuine. Im not saying this is a flying saucer but im also not going to say that it is not. I think to really have these experiances its better to actually have seen one and im not talking about a UFO Im talking about a flying saucer. Because thats the only way some of you guys will believe these things actuallly exist... :tu: :tu:

• Like 3

I think because there are so many fakes and hoaxes that we wouldnt really recognize one if it was truly genuine. Im not saying this is a flying saucer but im also not going to say that it is not. I think to really have these experiances its better to actually have seen one and im not talking about a UFO Im talking about a flying saucer. Because thats the only way some of you guys will believe these things actuallly exist... :tu: :tu:

How would one determine if it was of alien origin, or if it was a top secret aircraft originating from right here on Earth?

How would one determine if it was of alien origin, or if it was a top secret aircraft originating from right here on Earth?

Yeah see there in lies the problem, although I dont believe the goverment has developed any technology that can take off at 2000 mph and looks like a disk, but then again the goverment keeps everything so got dang secret the public never really knows whats going on... But I was just trying to point out that it would be better to see these things first hand with our own eyes instead of pictures of objects that may or may not be the real thing.

Yeah see there in lies the problem, although I dont believe the goverment has developed any technology that can take off at 2000 mph and looks like a disk, but then again the goverment keeps everything so got dang secret the public never really knows whats going on... But I was just trying to point out that it would be better to see these things first hand with our own eyes instead of pictures of objects that may or may not be the real thing.

The government will always keep us in the dark with certain new technologies. Especially reverse engineered technology (if that's actually been accomplished). I've never actually seen a UFO, so all I have is the crappy pictures and videos. Many thousands have seen them throughout the years......maybe one of these days it will be my turn......

No doubt that gov'ts keep a lot of secrets from people. Some UFOs could be attribute to the gov't, but does it seem plausible that human had created craft that seemed so unbelievable in what they can do, as witnessed by many.

The government will always keep us in the dark with certain new technologies. Especially reverse engineered technology (if that's actually been accomplished). I've never actually seen a UFO, so all I have is the crappy pictures and videos. Many thousands have seen them throughout the years......maybe one of these days it will be my turn......

Yeah I hope to one day see one someday to, because its a LOT harder to deny there existence when you see them first hand. Also if the government was reverse engineering these vehicles from what source did they get them. I mean its really amazing with the speed these things are said to fly at I mean I honestly don't think a human could take the G forces with which this thing is said to move at.

Yeah I hope to one day see one someday to, because its a LOT harder to deny there existence when you see them first hand. Also if the government was reverse engineering these vehicles from what source did they get them. I mean its really amazing with the speed these things are said to fly at I mean I honestly don't think a human could take the G forces with which this thing is said to move at.

Inertial dampeners! :tu:

My bet`s on Lots of Asprin ! :alien::no::tu:

THat takes the edge off ant 50g 90 deg turn !

My bet`s on Lots of Asprin ! :alien::no::tu:

THat takes the edge off ant 50g 90 deg turn !

HAHA!! I would assume they would need a stronger pain killer than Asprin :yes: :yes:

Inertial dampeners! :tu:

Yeah if they got that kind of technology already where from, Because if you had that then you could go faster than the speed of light or close to match the speed of light.

ask the government maybe?

(ok my sarcasm isnt in the same league as sweets)

I think determining that said object was a craft would be a start.....origin can follow :)

If recovered ETV's, such as claimed in the Roswell incident, were indeed reverse engineered, then I would assume that by now we would at least see some radical degree of advancement in military aircraft propulsion and aerodynamics.

Although aircraft such as the F-22 and F-35 have advanced remarkably since the previous generation, their basic means of propulsion and flight control remain based on fundamental flight requirements. That is, they have thrust and have mechanical flight control surfaces.

VTOL is not new, although it has been refined from that used in the Harriers.

Thrust vectoring, although it was a challenge to implement, is an idea that has existed since early in the history of powered flight.

Stealth technology has been refined and improved upon, but again they are based on the same idea.

These aircraft and others, are remarkable achievements, but we're not seeing anything revolutionary such as the acceleration or manoeverability of the UFO's witnessed and/or filmed.

I've read that things such as lasers, fiber-optics, integrated circuits and a few others were reverse engineered, but personally I don't believe that at all.

Also, if military designers had vehicles capable of the kind of performance even close to what UFO's can do, I would think they would be testing and operating them far away from the average tourist with a camera, let alone flying over major cities. Examples might be the Phoenix Lights or the O'Hare Airport sighting.

We have made incredible leaps in technology in the past hundred years or so, but I'm not convinced any or it is the result of analysis of recovered ETV's.

Anyway, long story short, I don't think we have any ability to fly at hypersonic speeds while doing 90 degree turns.

• Like 1

I know what UFO means. I saw a UFO when most people on here were probably still learning their ABCs and saying "goo-goo".

What makes you think that an alien spacecraft must always be "manned" anyway?

True What ever it is and the origin, government, alien, plasma type entity or atmospheric or whatever it is very interesting and I think the more real photos the better :)

It's a fake.

The photo or the subject? and what brings you to that conclusion?

It's a fake.

This one looks real to me at least to the extent that it's not faked by cut and paste. The pixelation seems legit. CGI can be indistinguishable from reality so who knows.

The very unfortunate thing about UFO photos and videos is that if you call "fake" on them without considerable analysis, then in most cases, perhaps 90% plus...you will be correct. That's not scientific, it's just my personal view over many years of studying the phenomenon. Since the advent of internet and home based software even as simple as MS Paint or Windows Movie Maker, even amateurs can create photos and videos that often go viral and even get time on major news media.

It's sad but true.

Edited by synchronomy
  • Like 1

Vivid? To me it looks like a Volkswagen minus the wheels with the sun glaring off of the windshield. But that's just pareidolia. So y

Care to list them? VW's don't fly btw.