Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Where is the FBI?

and-then

Our president has said the guilty will be found and punished but his government is effectively refusing to send in unbiased investigators for 3 full weeks. What's going on?

• Like 1

You are aware that the FBI are a "domestic" organisation right? They'd no more be on the ground in Libya then they would in Australia - unless investigating a domestic issue (ie tracking paedophiles hiding in another country).

You are aware that the FBI are a "domestic" organisation right? They'd no more be on the ground in Libya then they would in Australia - unless investigating a domestic issue (ie tracking paedophiles hiding in another country).

They are used to investigate criminal activities against US citizens in foreign countries as well. Khobar towers is one example. They regularly investigate such incidents outside the US. They have no jurisdiction to prosecute, of course, but they are damned good at investigative work. So what's the hold up in this case?

It's an election year.

Maybe...but if someone tortured then murdered one of Oby's family, the calendar wouldn't make much difference i'm thinking.
  • Like 1

armed guards around U.S. ambassador=0

armed guards around Valerie Jarrett=6 (if my sources are correct)

Its the host countries job to protect diplomats.

They do need to get on the ball with the investigation but in the past even in republican administrations it has taken months to do this.

They are used to investigate criminal activities against US citizens in foreign countries as well. Khobar towers is one example. They regularly investigate such incidents outside the US. They have no jurisdiction to prosecute, of course, but they are damned good at investigative work. So what's the hold up in this case?

well you learn something new every day!

They do need to get on the ball with the investigation but in the past even in republican administrations it has taken months to do this.

I agree that it cuts across party lines but when a United States Ambassador is tortured and murdered I think the game is or should be at a different level. It's not only disgraceful, it destroys respect for our country. Lack of respect is dangerous in this region and the world at large these days.

I agree that it cuts across party lines but when a United States Ambassador is tortured and murdered I think the game is or should be at a different level. It's not only disgraceful, it destroys respect for our country. Lack of respect is dangerous in this region and the world at large these days.

Agreed. This makes me sick to my stomach. Being that we have not responded in any shape or form, all it's going to say is "America finally has a Pres afraid to act, it's time to attack." Mark my words. After my career in the military, this will have MUCH larger ramifications than people believe. The minute a terrorist group attacked our embassy, that is an act of war. We should have responded immediately in a like manor and eliminated the threat.

In the world that we live in, where there are enemies around every corner waiting to pounce on America and it's allies, it is no time to be passive. I don't care liberal, conservative, the world as a whole is a kindlebox simply awaiting the match. Whether you like it or not, America is a lead and used to be the world power and iron fist of the U.N. However, with the USA dropping it's guard, and simply not acting in response to any attack or threat, there will be a shift of power....

Edited by ColoradoParanormal
  • Like 1

Our president has said the guilty will be found and punished but his government is effectively refusing to send in unbiased investigators for 3 full weeks. What's going on?

Because the targets have already been destroyed or arrested

Because the targets have already been destroyed or arrested

Obviously you don't know about the abilities of the FBI. Just because the Libyan version of the Keystone Kops have done a once over and thrown a few of the "usual suspects" in a pit doesn't mean the real perps have even had to break a sweat...yet... But if the FBI gets on the ground before everything really is destroyed they will sweat.