Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Christian Broadcasters Await Christ's Return

Karlis

Two major evangelical Christian broadcasters have bought places in Jerusalem to give them the perfect perch to witness the coming of the Messiah down from the Mount of Olives.

The Los Angeles Times’ Edmund Sanders reports that Daystar Television Network and Trinity Broadcasting Network have set up shop in Jerusalem studios on a hill that overlooks the Old City.

Read more

Edited by Karlis

I first thought of the EQ and the mountain splitting.... The studio might not survive! :)

Waiting, waiting, patiently waiting .....

• Like 1

Doesn't it say that no one will know the hour? Just the fact that there seems to be a consensus that the 2nd coming is imminent makes me believe it's still generations away.

Doesn't it say that no one will know the hour? Just the fact that there seems to be a consensus that the 2nd coming is imminent makes me believe it's still generations away.

Yes...no man knoweth the day or the hour... But there were instructions for believers to be aware of the season of His return and signs for that were given. Every one of them now are present in the world - all at the same time. Believers were told to watch so we do. 2 Peter 1-7

First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers [empaiktes] will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. They will say, "Where is this 'coming' he promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation."

So Peter has your answer.

They're starting pretty early. If various prophecies are legit, it would peg Christ's actual return for around 2020. That is, if the period of 7 years begins on 12/21/2012. Should be interesting nonetheless.

They're starting pretty early. If various prophecies are legit, it would peg Christ's actual return for around 2020. That is, if the period of 7 years begins on 12/21/2012. Should be interesting nonetheless.

They expect a crowd in "ascension robes" so they had to start early :innocent:

Yes...no man knoweth the day or the hour... But there were instructions for believers to be aware of the season of His return and signs for that were given. Every one of them now are present in the world - all at the same time. Believers were told to watch so we do. 2 Peter 1-7

First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers [empaiktes] will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. They will say, "Where is this 'coming' he promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation."

So Peter has your answer.

And yet many times in past others interpreted that all the conditions had been met. Also, although I can't quote specific scripture, I have read plenty and you are not supposed to desire the endtimes, which it seems to me TBN and many Christians do.

And yet many times in past others interpreted that all the conditions had been met. Also, although I can't quote specific scripture, I have read plenty and you are not supposed to desire the endtimes, which it seems to me TBN and many Christians do.

I'm not sure where you've read this. In fact Jesus Himself said those who long for His coming will be given "crowns". No one is supposed to be joyful about the carnage that is coming. But if it puts an end to war finally, it will have been worth it.
  • Like 1

They expect a crowd in "ascension robes" so they had to start early :innocent:

Wouldn't surprise me, I've always heard the religious crowd believed they would supposedly have the equivalent of spiritual robes upon rapture, or ascension? Something like that. Can't take anything with us when we croak, clothes included. *shrug*

Wouldn't surprise me, I've always heard the religious crowd believed they would supposedly have the equivalent of spiritual robes upon rapture, or ascension? Something like that. Can't take anything with us when we croak, clothes included. *shrug*

Well, we had that delusion before, just try to find out what happened (mostly in the USA) in 1844.

I've never heard there was going to be a "dress code" :w00t: In fact I think most Christians believe just the opposite. We are to put on immortal bodies when we "ascend".
  • Like 1

I hope my immortal body has a better dress sense then my mortal one.

I'm hoping for something in a bowler hat actually, a la John Steed.

• Like 4

I would love it IF one of the following happened IF he did come back:

He is actually a woman.

He Told everyone we have made a right mess of things and took him and God the wrong way completely.

He was an Alien.

He is Gay. (And was very angry at those who are anti-homosexual)

He was mega ****** off at us for discrimination etc and come baring arms/lightning bolts.

Edited by Coffey

I would love it IF one of the following happened IF he did come back:

He is actually a woman.

He Told everyone we have made a right mess of things and took him and God the wrong way completely.

He was an Alien.

He is Gay. (And was very angry at those who are anti-homosexual)

He was mega ****** off at us for discrimination etc and come baring arms/lightning bolts.

The Muslims actually believe something similar to your second point. They say the Issa al masih (sp) "Jesus" will come and break all the crosses - iow he will deny almost everything Christians believe to be true about him from the Bible. He will kill all the swine and cause everyone to worship Allah or be killed. If this "Jesus" is the false prophet of the Bible then he will be able to call down fire from heaven in the sight of men- that's pretty close to the lightning bolts you mention. So be careful what you wish for, man. Peace....

I'm of the opinion that God has abandoned us to our fate.

I'm of the opinion that God has abandoned us to our fate.

Like 5000 years ago... He saw what he created, turned around and started sobbing... has not recuperated since.

The Muslims actually believe something similar to your second point. They say the Issa al masih (sp) "Jesus" will come and break all the crosses - iow he will deny almost everything Christians believe to be true about him from the Bible. He will kill all the swine and cause everyone to worship Allah or be killed. If this "Jesus" is the false prophet of the Bible then he will be able to call down fire from heaven in the sight of men- that's pretty close to the lightning bolts you mention. So be careful what you wish for, man. Peace....

And the Cristian God will do the same to all the nonbelievers of Christianity. All monotheistic religions seem to have this view of 'no worries, they'll get theirs... with death and fire'.

Wonder if they have some special koolaid ??

nah, special angeldust.

• Like 2

And the Cristian God will do the same to all the nonbelievers of Christianity. All monotheistic religions seem to have this view of 'no worries, they'll get theirs... with death and fire'.

As a matter of fact I was pointing out some specifics to Bug about why his jokes weren't so far off target. Not wishful thinking from a blood thirsty evangelist :gun: Just solid eschatological concepts that folks will be denying, my guess, even while they are happening.

yeah Steed soooo sexy

I'll be hoping for one of those cloche's, those awesome looking flapper gal hats from the '20's.