Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Time Travel

NineDream

I was searching for information about time travel and i came across this forum about time travel. I read the replies and well i decided to reply too.

Time travel is possible for some people, it can be physical and non physical but the thing is you can't bring back anything solid which can be used as proof that you have been to new places.

Time travel in past and future is possible in a dream but not in real life. Where people can see their past life and/or future life.

But time travel with the aid of a machine or inside a machine i don't think or believe it is possible!

Besides movement faster through "time" realitive to someone else by traveling faster through space than them or acceleration and it's equivalents, there are no real states of the universe or different times to even travel to. The future is a probability ( unless you are a determinist), and the past is a record. I suppose with enough sophistication, mentally we can reconstruct the record to view it or construct the future in its probabilities. This is what happening for those of us who can travel in altered states.

Bottom line... To actually travel to a different time, you would have to rearrange the entire universe to the desired state." Time " as we perceive it is just a measurement we make to seperate events it's not something that can be manipulated because it's not really a something in the first place.

Even with the famouse wormhole thought experiment. If it could be done, the traveler would not really be traveling back in time. There would be no way to go back before one started. Possibly with enough acceleration and I mean a whole lot and the right timing, one could "go back" moments after one left as perceived by others that stayed there.

Anyone can claim to travelled through time and self-declared "time travellers" are the kind of people to watch out for: I sense some of them are hoaxes meant to fool people into believing they are..."I came from the year 2040 and I have a message for you in 2012". :whistle:

The John Titor case remains a mystery, but I got a feeling he can be elusive and can't possibly say or do anything to disrupt the time-space continuum, without messing up our present in order to make it his "past" and make the future into something else entirely different, like some things never happened and some things did made to happen by the time traveler.

The bad thing is, that all of this time travellers can't change their history, because they just switch to other universes and timelimes.

Due to being at college I have not had time to read any of the previous comments but I would like to start off by saying I have had a similar experience.

And I believe that everyone time travels just by sitting in one place. Life is a journey with new discoveries yet to be made.

• 3 weeks later...