Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

7.8%

RavenHawk

I would think to have the biggest jump in 30 years exactly when Obama needed it the most has got to be hard to swallow for even the most die hard Obama supporters.

Besides the number just not adding up there is another tell the BLS is lying;

http://www.contactomagazine.com/articles/liarsigns0808.htm

Seven Signs That You Are Being Lied To

2. BLINKING. A person who is lying will blink a lot,as blinking seems to correlate to the amount of mental stress we are under. In a normal conversation where a person is attuned to you, he will blink at roughly the same rate as you, often at moments when you pause in your speech. Be wary of someone who is blinking frantically as they speak with you.

Now watch the Labor Secretary being questioned about the numbers:

http://youtu.be/G27Ps0w3euY

Here is another interesting tidbit to go along with the blinking = liar;

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/cspg/smartpolitics/2012/10/the_eyes_have_it_obama_blinks.php

The Eyes Have It: Obama Blinks 1,000 Times More than Romney During 1st Debate
  • Like 1

I would think to have the biggest jump in 30 years exactly when Obama needed it the most has got to be hard to swallow for even the most die hard Obama supporters.

http://www.contactom...arsigns0808.htm

[media=]http://youtu.be/G27Ps0w3euY[/media]

http://blog.lib.umn....bama_blinks.php

Huh? Would that not go somewhere in the conspiracy section?

Huh? Would that not go somewhere in the conspiracy section?

It's not a conspiracy, he basically does it every month. They come out with numbers that make Obama look good, then go back later and revise them with the crappy numbers when nobody is paying attention anymore.

• Like 1

Another point to ponder. The administration will claim that the Right is claiming that the Whitehouse is manipulating the numbers and that somehow vindicates their position, because the fact is is that they aren’t manipulating the numbers. They are misleading the populace as to what the meaning of the numbers are.

It's not a conspiracy, he basically does it every month. They come out with numbers that make Obama look good, then go back later and revise them with the crappy numbers when nobody is paying attention anymore.

In the last 6 months all revisions been upwards. I don't think they did that to make Obama look good.

The Dept of labor considers part-time jobs the same as full time jobs. A closer look at those 114,000 probably includes part-time seasonal labor. But also those entering the workforce for the first time. So you have more than 342,000 people leaving the workforce. These people are probably children (in their 20s & 30s) moving back home or wives not bringing in that second income. Putting more burden on those that are working. There are 12.1 million that receive benefits. It is this number that the unemployment rate is keyed off of. By doing the math, 114,000 only gives a rate change of .009% but 456,000 gives .03 (actually .037). I guess they felt that they'd be pushing it by rounding up.

I think you nailed it; basicallythe SAME number of ‘new jobs’ 114 cannot throw up several points of movement as they tried to fake. In other words…if 113 jobs in Aug (paraphrasing) = 8.1% – 114 jobs in Sept. can’t make it 7.8% ! Especially when they‘ve admitted that most of those ’new jobs’ were 1. part time and 2. about 50K less than the basic amount per month needed to keep up with population.

But times have changed, MSM under Bush claimed the BLS data unreliable.. now under Obama it is fact, if you question it you are labeled a conspiracy theorist and there are enough stupid in America to buy it hook line and sinker.

Edited by Socio

And everything just keeps falling Obarry's way...ISN'T IT WONDERFUL?

YES it is wonderfully positive news for our country. To blast it, means a lot about your views.

Maybe at one time he did but if he has no job then that makes him jobless. I know how it works but unemployed is unemployed. So if the hobo isn't counted in the 7.8 then the 7.8 isn't entirely true.

It's the same non-partisan measure we have used for decades in Democrat and Repub administrations.

YES it is wonderfully positive news for our country. To blast it, means a lot about your views.

It means I think the man's a menace and want him defeated. For such news to break NOW only helps him to win. That's all it means CC

I suggest you visit your local unemployment office. Are you expecting unemployed to roam the streets? Help wanted ads are generally fake. There are zillions of people unemployed. I was one of them eariler this year.

Glad you found a job, Ninja. At least it sounds like you did.

I suggest you visit your local unemployment office. Are you expecting unemployed to roam the streets? Help wanted ads are generally fake. There are zillions of people unemployed. I was one of them eariler this year.

But you aren't now?

I don't know anyone out of work that wants or is capable to work.

All I'm saying is maybe those numbers aren't a true indicator of what is happening.

It means I think the man's a menace and want him defeated. For such news to break NOW only helps him to win. That's all it means CC

meaning he stands up to Israel and won't help them make war. Yeah I get it. But it also makes you EXACTLY like most other Repubs who for four years would do ANYTHING to destroy the US to keep Obama from succeeding. This is what Americans hate about government.

http://www.contactom...arsigns0808.htm

[media=]http://youtu.be/G27Ps0w3euY[/media]

http://blog.lib.umn....bama_blinks.php

She sure did blink a lot, didn't she? It does seem rather odd....

Glad you found a job, Ninja. At least it sounds like you did.

Thanks. It took a year of looking, six months unemployed and a significant cut in pay. But I've downsized a bit and it's all good.

But you aren't now?

I don't know anyone out of work that wants or is capable to work.

It took me 12 months to find a job from the notice of layoff. I was actually unemployed for 6 months before I got a job. For significantly less money. So for those six months I was one of those out of work and capable. In fact, in order to get unemployment insurance, you HAVE to be capable of work AND actively seeking work, at least in Illinois. If I wanted to uproot my entire life and move to 500 to 1000 miles or more, I suppose I could have found one earlier. It's not that simple or cheap to move when you have a family and a community. I did a lot of moving before I had kids.

She sure did blink a lot, didn't she? It does seem rather odd....

Not really. Have you ever been in a studio with all the lights? The bureau that records the unemployment statistics is non partisan by law.

Thanks. It took a year of looking, six months unemployed and a significant cut in pay. But I've downsized a bit and it's all good.

Anyway, congratulations again. I've been there and done that myself, it's never fun, but thank goodness I'm single so at least I don't have to worry about a wife and kids. Anyway again glad you're working! :tu:

Not really. Have you ever been in a studio with all the lights? The bureau that records the unemployment statistics is non partisan by law.

I admit that's not my area of expertise. I have a friend who used to be in law enforcement so I might see if he knows something about "how to tell when someone's lying". I suppose there's no fool-proof method, even lie detectors are not 100%, that's why they're not allowed in court.

eta: I mean the results are not allowed in court is my understanding.

Edited by Gummug

Unemployment rate below 8% : Obama could win the election 30 days from now. Then newswire (this just in!) from California: Gas goes up 20 cents per gallon...Obama risks losing his job to Mitt Romney and Cal. is a "true blue" state on electoral maps. Factors like the price of gas also effects the chances of reelection for Obama, because that matters as much as the national unemployment rate.

Factors like the price of gas also effects the chances of reelection for Obama

What would you like Obama to do about it? Put on his cape and invade some ME country and tell them we're taking their oil? Doesn't that go against your Republican values of a free market? against your values of less regulation and government? Figure it out yourself - according to what you believe.

Edited by ninjadude

Really? Because the unemployment numbers went down right now, right before the election, people think that Obama's people fudged the numbers? That's pretty silly in my book, as Ninjadude said 'the bureau that records the unemployment statistics is non partisan by law'. Would be way too dangerous for them to even attempt to try that. I think the accusation is unfounded and really a low blow.

But it never has been any different, ever since unemployment insurance started that is how they were counted. How many people are really without a job and how many need food stamps despite having a job was never of any relevance.

I'm agreeing with Questionmark. This is calculated the same way everytime, so that it can be used as a reference. I also agree with Q that it could very well be due to a upsurge in part time employee hiring. Though I find it hard to believe in a conspiricy by the large corporations that would be required in order to affect the numbers. I thought those corporations were supposed to be backing Romney and his corporate tax cuts?

Wow. That says a lot for the administration. You should tell Biden to use that one.

That does sound like a Biden-ism, or is it Biden-esque?

I agree. I've heard several experts say that if the rate is revised, it could go up or down.

This could be good news for Obama, if it does not swing back the other way before November. And you can be sure that someone will put out some kind of numbers just before the election.

I watch the news, but don't believe much of it anymore... since it's mostly there to help calm or scare the population in one directions or another.... jobs up? maybe.. since people work two jobs now to stay a float. But I still notice a lot of people loseing their homes, jobless, and more people standing in the free food lines. Neighbors saying it's getting worse for them. People in debt, with credit cards ..just to live on, out of hardship. People having to up root to get to the " help wanted" area's. Also a lot more bartering going on. Jobs under the table... just so not to get screwed by taxes. Listen to the people...and judge for yourself...is it getting better? People let leisure item's go..like cable, eating out less, not taking vacations, going bankruptcy ... putting their pride behind them so the family eats, roof over their heads.

Doesn't matter which political party wins .... we are still headed the same direction... each year. Forced to vote for the lesser of the evils?

All IMO!