Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Israel Shoots Down Drone Over Negev

and-then

Very true but I would have thought that this fleet was destroyed in 2007. But the bottom line is that Iran is supplying them. Whether one escaped destruction in 2007 or Hezbollah got resupplied under cover of the Syrian civil war who knows?? Perhaps studying the wreckage will help?

Building a drone itself is not as complicated as one might think. Any half way skilled model plane builder can get that together. The much more interesting question is: How did they control it without anybody being aware of it?

Oh you do, do you? And just how did you gain this awareness?

All I can claim is that I am a student of military history and I have been involved with intelligence gathering in the military. That’s why I claim “some awareness”. What can you claim?

Building a drone itself is not as complicated as one might think. Any half way skilled model plane builder can get that together.

That is true. That is why they need to analyze the wreckage. But would one “just” put together be able to fly over 120miles? And how ‘bout the skill of the remote pilot? You need training and experience to handle drones.

The much more interesting question is: How did they control it without anybody being aware of it?

Did they not follow it for awhile? It was eventually shot down after flying over Israel for about ½ hour. The reports claim they knew about it from the beginning but given the history it probably still took about 15mins to react. The thing is that probing the enemy for weaknesses also reveals yours.

• Like 1

That is true. That is why they need to analyze the wreckage. But would one “just” put together be able to fly over 120miles? And how ‘bout the skill of the remote pilot? You need training and experience to handle drones.

No more skills than your model pilot would need. And last I knew (though my stats are a little aged) in Lebanon there were a couple hundred of them.

Did they not follow it for awhile? It was eventually shot down after flying over Israel for about ½ hour. The reports claim they knew about it from the beginning but given the history it probably still took about 15mins to react. The thing is that probing the enemy for weaknesses also reveals yours.

If they would have known the source of the controlling station a Harm rocket or two would have taken it out of bidness in a few seconds.

Yam you're being a putz again. But yeah a drone is no big deal EXCEPT if someone had a canister of VX or Sarin attached to aerosolize over a target in a city. Then it's pretty bad news. And I said Egypt would be complicit if a sub was launching drones in the Mediterranean. Kinda hard to get a sub through the Suez canal on the down low...so to speak....

If Egypt is so bad, stand with "a putz" like me and demand the end of its subsidization via US taxpayer wealth. How am I being a "putz"? And how the hell do you get away with name calling on this board?

Someone could aerosolize a target in a city anywhere there's drones flying overhead. How about looking up and being paranoid for yourself instead of your beloved special interest group paid for with my money?

Drones serve only 3 purposes. One is close ground surveillance, (2) missle strike, or, (3) testing of defenses.

I highly doubt that the western nations had anything to do with this regarding Israel. A missle strike would have gone another route, our satellite imaging is highly sufficient for surveillanece.

This leaves the possibility of an Israeli adversary to test defenses.

Just my opinion.

All I can claim is that I am a student of military history and I have been involved with intelligence gathering in the military. That’s why I claim “some awareness”. What can you claim?

I can claim my experience as an infanteer in the military. Unlike you, I know how to stay within my lanes though and don't pretend to be a strategist nor a general.

I suppose Gaza was allowed to import some balsa wood in order to construct a glider and mount a camera on the nose? Or did they have to "smuggle" it in again?

Does anyone else here even questions the veracity of this Nooz story? I don't believe anything that comes out of the propaganda mill o/w known as Israel, much less the US government and its peddlers at Faux, CNN and MSNBC. It's BS; always has been; still is.

Rewind the same tape and repour the same koolaid, folks. We're another false flag attack away from another war.

If Egypt is so bad, stand with "a putz" like me and demand the end of its subsidization via US taxpayer wealth. How am I being a "putz"? And how the hell do you get away with name calling on this board?

Someone could aerosolize a target in a city anywhere there's drones flying overhead. How about looking up and being paranoid for yourself instead of your beloved special interest group paid for with my money?

You were, once again, making silly arguments about toys when you know they had nothing of importance to do with what I was talking about. I agree that not only was that word inappropriate to the situation it was inappropriate altogether and I will not "name call" again. My apologies. I also understand your stance against subsidizing foreign governments and in the case of Egypt I agree. We can add Afghanistan to that list and pencil in Pakistan unless some very large changes for the better begin happening there soon. The "aid" to Pakistan is little more than extortion payment at this point.

You were, once again, making silly arguments about toys when you know they had nothing of importance to do with what I was talking about. I agree that not only was that word inappropriate to the situation it was inappropriate altogether and I will not "name call" again. My apologies. I also understand your stance against subsidizing foreign governments and in the case of Egypt I agree. We can add Afghanistan to that list and pencil in Pakistan unless some very large changes for the better begin happening there soon. The "aid" to Pakistan is little more than extortion payment at this point.

My toy comment wasn't directed at anything you were talking about.

A drone IS a glorified toy. But I know, it's a gobmint toy, so it's more legitimate in the statist mind.

Every example of foreign aid is extortion of the taxpayer, whether someone here finds a rhetorical reason to agree with it or not. It should all come off, on principle. If someone cares about a foreign country they should pay for it themselves. The crux of my disagreement with you here is one of voluntarism vs. force. I'm all for people voluntarily giving it to whoever they want. I'm opposed to letting government, a known gang of liars who have delivered more BS to the American people over the decades than they deserve, take our money by force and give it away to its own foreign interests.

I suppose Gaza was allowed to import some balsa wood in order to construct a glider and mount a camera on the nose? Or did they have to "smuggle" it in again?

Does anyone else here even questions the veracity of this Nooz story? I don't believe anything that comes out of the propaganda mill o/w known as Israel, much less the US government and its peddlers at Faux, CNN and MSNBC. It's BS; always has been; still is.

Rewind the same tape and repour the same koolaid, folks. We're another false flag attack away from another war.

You seem to have a habit of just disbelieving everything pro US and Israel and believing everything against... that is not rational stance either.

Does anyone else here even questions the veracity of this Nooz story?

I thought questioning the validity of news sources was irrelevant?

You seem to have a habit of just disbelieving everything pro US and Israel and believing everything against... that is not rational stance either.

Oh you decided to talk about me too! What an interesting subject. And this from the guy who has marines planting Mickey D's golden arches on the hilltop for an avatar! Where have I disbelieved everything pro-US? I am pro-US. Rationality has nothing to do with it. I just live here and want the best for my country thus I'm biased towards keeping my country out of wealth draining misadventures in my government's favorite sandbox.

If someone lies to you, it's not irrational to no longer believe them. What kind of person continues to believe in a BS institution that gets us into one violent conflict after another on a pack of lies? I would call that irrational, naive, with perhaps a masochistic fetish for victimization. The media reports what the government tells them to. They're not interested in weeding out the truth. That costs money.

And this from the guy who has marines planting Mickey D's golden arches on the hilltop for an avatar!

I fail to see how my avatar has any relevance to the subject. Either explain its relevance, or drop the issue.

Where have I disbelieved everything pro-US? I am pro-US. Rationality has nothing to do with it. I just live here and want the best for my country thus I'm biased towards keeping my country out of wealth draining misadventures in my government's favorite sandbox.

Thats understandable. Although you did not say you disbelieve everything pro-US, in the many topics I've been in with you posting along side, I have noticed that you appear to have a tendency to disregard almost everything similar as propaganda or false flags perpetrated by either the US or Israel.

If someone lies to you, it's not irrational to no longer believe them.

No, its not irrational to believe them... except its irrational to think that everything that they ever say, no matter how much sense it makes, is false. If you're sitting in a building and feel an unusual amount of heat inside, perhaps you shouldnt dismiss the liar when he tells you the building is on fire.

[/background][/size][/font][/color]

I fail to see how my avatar has any relevance to the subject. Either explain its relevance, or drop the issue.

Thats understandable. Although you did not say you disbelieve everything pro-US, in the many topics I've been in with you posting along side, I have noticed that you appear to have a tendency to disregard almost everything similar as propaganda or false flags perpetrated by either the US or Israel.

No, its not irrational to believe them... except its irrational to think that everything that they ever say, no matter how much sense it makes, is false. If you're sitting in a building and feel an unusual amount of heat inside, perhaps you shouldnt dismiss the liar when he tells you the building is on fire.

If you believe liars then you're going to be a victim of their lies. Don't be a victim. 'Don't Cry Wolf' would be applicable here. The US gobmint is way past the point of credibility for the lives and money it's wasted on its own BS.

I've probably used the words "false" and "flag" in the same sentence once or twice in my entire posting history here. Spare me the exaggerations.

What is your avatar relevant to? It reminds me of the "F Yeah" song on Team America: World Police, which is relevant to my comments above.

You thought something? Oh my!

A lot more than you do.

Clearly, comparing yourself to me is important for you.

Is it? I was merely pointing out your hypocrisy when I was not allowed to criticise the news source in a previous thread but you decided to indulge in a but of source attacking here. Is there some of those double standards at work here?

Is it? I was merely pointing out your hypocrisy when I was not allowed to criticise the news source in a previous thread but you decided to indulge in a but of source attacking here. Is there some of those double standards at work here?

If you confused me with someone who takes the mass media at large seriously, you are gravely mistaken. When the media goes to Palestine and spends some hard time there talking to Palestinians on the street about what's really going on there, that'll be some coverage we can all trust. You know, Pallywood if you're a Zionist shill.

If you confused me with someone who takes the mass media at large seriously, you are gravely mistaken.

Why would I think that?

When the media goes to Palestine and spends some hard time there talking to Palestinians on the street about what's really going on there, that'll be some coverage we can all trust. You know, Pallywood if you're a Zionist shill.

But this isn't a thread about Palestine isn't it? It's about Israel shooting down a drone aircraft.

Why would I think that?

But this isn't a thread about Palestine isn't it? It's about Israel shooting down a drone aircraft.

Why would you think that? Exactly.

Shooting down a drone aircraft that came from?

in related news:

Watch: Hezbollah releases simulation of drone flight

Al Manar TV airs clip simulating flight of drone aircraft in Israel. 'Drone entered Israel's operational airspace, passed by radars and Iron Dome, flew over oil rigs and IAF bases,' clip says

Hezbollah's official TV station Al Manar released on Friday a video clip simulating the flight of the drone aircraft that entered Israeli airspace earlier this week.

The TV station released the clip shortly after Hezbollah Chief Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah claimed responsibility for launching the drone.

Read more

in related news:

So we are to believe that they have a stealth drone that only produces stealthy imagery? :w00t: