Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Girls Stomach removed after drinking cocktail

None of the above

Lancashire Teenage Girl Has Stomach Removed After Drinking Liquid Nitrogen Cocktail.

An 18-year-old had part of her stomach removed and is seriously ill in hospital after drinking a cocktail with liquid nitrogen in it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/10/07/liquid-nitrogen-cocktail-lancashire-teen-stomach-removed_n_1946286.html

What in the name of? Who decides it's ok to have a substance like liquid nitrogen in something that's going to be drunk or eaten anyway. If ever there was a case for banning the use of a substance in the hospitality industry this has to be it - I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner. BTW how many folk don't actually know what permanent damage has been done to their innards taking this kind of concoction?

• Like 3

how did it get to her stomach without damaging her tongue, soft-palate and asophagus?

The article makes it sound like putting liq nit is a standard practice in high end drinks..? Who thinks this stuff up? Pass me a beer :clap:

how did it get to her stomach without damaging her tongue, soft-palate and asophagus?

The Leidenfrost effect allows people to put liquid nitrogen in their mouth or hands without any harmful effects.

• Like 4

What in the name of? Who decides it's ok to have a substance like liquid nitrogen in something that's going to be drunk or eaten anyway. If ever there was a case for banning the use of a substance in the hospitality industry this has to be it - I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner. BTW how many folk don't actually know what permanent damage has been done to their innards taking this kind of concoction?

The girl in question will have quite a few problems to recover from this.Its not only her stomach but also all her internal organs too-poor girl will probably wish she had not survived.

• Like 2

The girl in question will have quite a few problems to recover from this.Its not only her stomach but also all her internal organs too-poor girl will probably wish she had not survived.

And she was celebrating the start of her adulthood 18 years, too sad :cry: .

• Like 2

And she was celebrating the start of her adulthood 18 years, too sad :cry: .

Sad-her liver will be the first to suffer-poor girl will go trough some terrible pain

• Like 2

Lancashire Teenage Girl Has Stomach Removed After Drinking Liquid Nitrogen Cocktail.

An 18-year-old had part of her stomach removed and is seriously ill in hospital after drinking a cocktail with liquid nitrogen in it.

http://www.huffingto..._n_1946286.html

I dont see how this happens by accident.

Maybe this is the reason you see so many groups of wasted girls at the weekend? We have found the reason for the skank epidemic! :D

The Leidenfrost effect allows people to put liquid nitrogen in their mouth or hands without any harmful effects.

Science is awesome. :tu:

It just doesn't seem smart to mix dangerous chemicals with drunk teenagers.

I guess that this 'cocktail' has to be left for a certain amount of time until it's safe to drink?

So there needs to be a lot of control over the situation, you can't just send someone to the bar for drinks, they decide to get some of these and bring them back to the table..... Then they are supposed to tell people the 'rules'?

Any drink that comes with instructions which if not followed could potentially kill you is not a smart choice for drunk people IMHO.

• Like 1

Any drink that comes with instructions which if not followed could potentially kill you is not a smart choice for drunk people IMHO.

Absolutely.

• Like 1

Absolutely.

I worked in Nightclubs for years mate.

Your customers are your responsibility and you have to watch out for them. They will do all kinds of dumb and illogical things because they are in 'party mode'.

To make things more hazardous for them is not smart IMHO.

I mean you hear about people burning themselves on flaming cocktails! After a few drinks people don't think clearly, and you have to look out for them.

I think it's awful what's happened to the poor girl and the club should be shut down, the manager procecuted and the person who didn't cool the drink properly procecuted.

It is by no means her fault as she wouldn't of expected the cocktail to be dangerous