Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Lion' on the loose in Bedford UK

Still Waters

A dog walker claims she came face to face with a lion while out with her two Yorkshire Terriers yesterday.

The woman, who didn’t want to be named through fear of being mocked, said she was exercising her dogs near to Thor Drive in Goldington, Bedford, when the socalled beast crossed her path before apparently making its way to a nearby pig farm.

The animal was described as being around four foot tall and orange and brown in colour. The woman, who also lives in Goldington described the incident.

http://www.bedfordmi...se-03102012.htm

http://www.telegraph...s-reported.html

• Like 3

Didn't I tell you my friend found the lion in the back of her wardrobe?

• Like 2

Bedford eh? Was it Frank Spencer? He always seemed a bit of a Dandy-Lion. :w00t:

Edited by Urisk

I'm sure there would have been reports of people dissapearing if it really was a lion.... No way you can stand 4 feet away from a lion without it charging!

Orange?!

Lions aren't orange. HAHAHAHA.

They are golden yellow if you want a quick description.

That alone either makes me think that it was not a lion and some sort of demostic cat. Or she was smoking something.

• Like 2

Orange?!

Lions aren't orange. HAHAHAHA.

They are golden yellow if you want a quick description.

That alone either makes me think that it was not a lion and some sort of demostic cat. Or she was smoking something.

It was a lion with a spray tan. In case you haven't noticed, its hard to get a real tan in the UK

• Like 5

Four foot tall that's a big lion. It's a wonder he didn't have her for lunch and the dogs for desert.

Four foot tall that's a big lion. It's a wonder he didn't have her for lunch and the dogs for desert.

to be fair, just because its a predator doesn't mean it would automatically attack - i've been within ten feet of bears before and never had a problem. that being said, if a lion was there it should be trackable if they got an experienced tracker in there ASAP

its probably an exaggeration
  • Like 1

Hi everyone, I used to live down that way....well in Cambridgeshire and we had a resident big cat sightings police officer, think you can find his notes on them on line :-S

Anyway, we had several scares in our little town, many sightings, dogs and other pets taken by either a black cat or possibly a lynx (reports of both being seen in area), we also had trackers brought in from America to look at footprints found in an alley near our home.

We also heard growling not a dog, but something really guttural, low pitched and frightening, my dog nearly took out my Husband getting into the house( extremely large dog too!)

We didn't fear for our lives, just our pets as it seemed to snatch them out of peoples gardens...

So yes I do believe there are big cats out there!!!

• Like 1

What did the cat experts say? Missing pets is a sign there is something out there. Any dead livestock? A lion would take livestock, a lynx would take pets.

I love the photo with the caption: "How it could have looked"... I was having trouble picturing a lion in my head. lol

There may be wildcats out and about there but

I don't know, when she says "It was too big to be a domestic cat" that just sounds like an odd thing to say when you think you saw a lion.

"I'm sure I saw a Great White shark."

"Maybe it was a goldfish?"

"It was too big to be a goldfish."

sounds fishy to me

• Like 1

God help him he doesn't go to Coventry....

I have had enough of this Lion crap, so I am sending him to Coventry... ;)

Wouldn't it be hilarious if that lion, a giraffe, a zebra, a hippo, a monkey, and some penguins escaped from a zoo?

• Like 4

Wouldn't it be hilarious if that lion, a giraffe, a zebra, a hippo, a monkey, and some penguins escaped from a zoo?

Sounds like the makings of a good film ;)

• Like 1

What did the cat experts say? Missing pets is a sign there is something out there. Any dead livestock? A lion would take livestock, a lynx would take pets.

Just to be careful and watch out for your pets and yourself, no going out on walks etc by yourself at night ....the expert from America, said it was possibly a Puma or maybe a hybrid from the footprints. I have got all the newspaper cut outs somewhere....:-S

• Like 1

Sounds like the current UK Cabinet. :yes:

Lol...

Roll on MadAsCamsCab 3: Europe's Most UnWanted...

Edited by Junior Chubb
  • Like 2

Sounds like the makings of a good film ;)

Slightly off topic but it really happened! Do you guys remember just recently in the USA, a whole bunch of wild animals were let out by their owner who then committed suicide? The tragedy was that almost all of the animals were shot. I don't know why they didn't dart them. Availability?

Edited by 27vet
  • Like 2

Slightly off topic but it really happened! Do you guys remember just recently in the USA, a whole bunch of wild animals were let out by their owner who then committed suicide? The tragedy was that almost all of the animals were shot. I don't know why they didn't dart them. Availability?

I remember it well, on here and on Cryptomundo. What a sad outcome, and what better evidence that we should not keep these animals for our own pleasure. IMO Zoo' are just about acceptable, unfortunately they are usually run for profit than for the good of the species they display.

As for the film, I think Melo was referring to Madagascar though (sorry if you already grasped that)... ;)

• Like 1