Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Moon is a Spaceship?

TheFace

Oh my... one might think that there was a full moon tonight... but there isn't... :unsure2:

Yep although there is something familiar about all this. Luna-something? Luna-luna-luna.....Lunatic!!! That's it!! :lol:

Just kidding. :P

• Like 1

From the article:

"The Moon is not only extremely odd in its construction; it also behaves in a way that is nothing less than miraculous. It is exactly four hundred times smaller than the Sun but four hundred times closer to the Earth so that both the Sun and the Moon appear to be precisely the same size in the sky ­ which gives us the phenomenon we call a total eclipse. Whilst we take this for granted it has been called the biggest coincidence in the universe.

Furthermore, the Moon mirrors the movement of the Sun in the sky by rising and setting at the same point on the horizon as the Sun does at opposite solstices. For example, this means the Moon rises at midwinter at the same place the Sun does at midsummer. There is no logical reason why the Moon mimics the Sun in this way and it is only meaningful to a human standing on the Earth."

so what he's saying is "i cant understand how the moon works, so it must be a spaceship". that makes a lot of sence :whistle:

• 1 month later...

all im saying is death star, we should evacuate soon as possible before the sith destroy us, i reckon (not really) that the sith built a second death star and traveled back in time and placed it in earths orbit and camouflaged it with regolith hence the shallow craters, impacts cant penatrate the thick death star hull, anyway the sith are inacting recruitment of force weilding ppl while implamenting lucas with the future story and when the time is right the sith will leave with an army of sith warriors using the force and will shed the death star camo and destro earth before earthlings colonize the universe and the story of star wars happen, so really all we need is a force weilding teen and an xwing and a hole to shoot through then sorted we are saved till the events happen without a moon so really we are in a world of £$^& anyway.

Please stop me if im getting carried away!!!!!!

That's no moon... etc

Darn...i wanted to shoot that joke :rofl:

Well it was left unfinished so I might as well take the honours. It was the first thing that popped into my mind when reading the thread and might well be a subconscious seed for this ludicrous idea..

That's no moon, Its a Space Station!!!.

every year the moon moves an inch away froom the earth

About an inch and a half, maybe, looking at the parameters of the orbit and averaging things out.

And every year, because of the cyclic variations in the orbit of the Moon, we see the Earth's rotation slows down, making our day shorter by 2/100,000 sec. every year!

Both are normal changes, and both are so insignificant as to be unnoticable by anyone...ever!

I'm just sort of wondering:

how are these things relevant to the idea of the Moon being a spaceship (it's not. no ATMs pressure , no O2.).

The Earth, on the other hand, is a spaceship, providing life and sustenance on a major scale for billions, while providing ECS, and moving through space at around 97,000 FPS, or around 67,000 MPH!

Pretty cool, huh?

The

ANd MId`s dead On ! Speed Rules ! IT will also Kill in the Future ! So Get over it ! TIme waits for no-one ! I figure we have a few hundred years before we cook !

• 2 months later...

all im saying is death star, we should evacuate soon as possible before the sith destroy us, i reckon (not really) that the sith built a second death star and traveled back in time and placed it in earths orbit and camouflaged it with regolith hence the shallow craters, impacts cant penatrate the thick death star hull, anyway the sith are inacting recruitment of force weilding ppl while implamenting lucas with the future story and when the time is right the sith will leave with an army of sith warriors using the force and will shed the death star camo and destro earth before earthlings colonize the universe and the story of star wars happen, so really all we need is a force weilding teen and an xwing and a hole to shoot through then sorted we are saved till the events happen without a moon so really we are in a world of £$^& anyway.

Please stop me if im getting carried away!!!!!!

ok, STOP. you're getting carried away. The Moon is speherical rock, covered with microfine dust from micrometeoroid bombardment occuring over several billion years. It's relatively simple to understand, but lots of people simply can't, for some reason.

Would make a good science fiction story. The aliens are using it to watch us.

MAN I LOVE THIS FORUM :tu: :tu: :tu:

My theory to the moon is that it is indeed a spaceship.

Humanity is older than we think. We know that our galaxy the milky way is on a collision course with Andromeda but likely before that the sun would have grown so large as it enters its final stages of its life destroying the planet in the process. So fact is we cannot stay on this earth forever. It is possible that the humans before us came from a planet in another galaxy or solar system and faced this exact situation.

The moon is probably the ship they built and is simply parked waiting for when we need to leave again or leave temporarily in the event of a mass extinction event of which there have been five in our earth's history. Noah's arc comes to mind as we know looking at a half moon or quarter moon which is arc shaped may be the arc to which religious books refer.

Think about the size of Noah's arc if animals went in two by two. We stay here for millions of years or for as long as the planet allows gathering resources like gold, silver and other minerals making repairs and upgrading the ship then move on when we can no longer live here. This lifestyle is seen today in nomads who move to fertile lands and when those lands are exhausted move on. So we may be in a sense nomads in space.

Not everyone can go aboard when the time comes to leave so to choose fairly we developed religion. Religiously we are told those with total faith and are good throughout life will enter the heavens (space) while those who are not so will enter hell i.e. the sun grows so large it consumes the planet, this could be an allegory for those selected to board the ship (moon) in the event an extinction event takes place.

I've got to admit, while don't believe in this, this would be on the of the most convincing theories I have heard.

I'm just sort of wondering:

how are these things relevant to the idea of the Moon being a spaceship (it's not. no ATMs pressure , no O2.).

The Earth, on the other hand, is a spaceship, providing life and sustenance on a major scale for billions, while providing ECS, and moving through space at around 97,000 FPS, or around 67,000 MPH!

Sorry to contradict you my friend, but the moon is, in fact, a derelict space ship. It once held alien life forms that landed upon it in flimsy space craft launched from a near by planet. Once those alien beings had taken advantage of what the moon had to offer they quickly departed, leaving behind irrefutable proof that they had, indeed, been there.

There's even a strong possibility that those alien beings may soon return to that wondrous space ship, and may someday even colonize it.

Tell me if I'm wrong, sir.

Sorry to contradict you my friend, but the moon is, in fact, a derelict space ship. It once held alien life forms that landed upon it in flimsy space craft launched from a near by planet. Once those alien beings had taken advantage of what the moon had to offer they quickly departed, leaving behind irrefutable proof that they had, indeed, been there.

There's even a strong possibility that those alien beings may soon return to that wondrous space ship, and may someday even colonize it.

Ok,... but first I would like to take a look at that irrefutable proof you are talking about.

Wait... what? :hmm:

You aren't being serious are you? Please tell me that you aren't being serious.

Ok...you're wrong.

Don't be silly. Everyone knows the Moon is made of cheese.

• Like 1

Ok,... but first I would like to take a look at that irrefutable proof you are talking about.

I suggest you read up on the Apollo missions.

That is, of course, unless you believe that humans are/were indigenous to the moon (aliens, get it?)

Edited by theSOURCE

This is great.

Really going somewhere!

:no:

Wait... what? :hmm:

You aren't being serious are you? Please tell me that you aren't being serious.

I suspect (very highly suspect) that theSOURCE is pulling our collective leg here! :yes:

I think he's talking about the Apollo astronauts being alien to the moon

Edited by Lilly
addition
  • Like 1

I suspect (very highly suspect) that theSOURCE is pulling our collective leg here! :yes:

Looks like it, Lil!

:tsu:

Yes indeed LOL. I feel the fool now. :blush:

Well played theSOURCE... well played... :nw:

:tu:

LOL! I don't understand why my post became so... controversial (I always wanted to use that word).

I simply took MID's analogy of the Earth being a spaceship and applied it to the Moon. Yes, I was referring to the Apollo astronauts when I spoke of aliens landing on Miss Luna (I'm talking about the moon folks, please don't get the wrong idea. Again.).

Whew! What a tough crowd.

• Like 2