Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tantalising Testimony

Maybe you're right bee? It does remind me an AWFUL LOT of another famous case. The footage looks very similar too. UFO Hunters even covered this case. It was witnessed by a lot of people, including a pilot and his family, who filmed the thing, and another witness described how it moved in a way that seemed to be under intelligent control. There are two parts to the UFO Hunters coverage and you can watch it here.

I look forward to your thoughts on it. :tu:

ok...I'll take a look later or tomorrow....ta

(why do I get the feeling I'm not going to like it)

:P

:tu:

Edited by bee
  • Like 1

ok...I'll take a look later or tomorrow....ta

(why do I get the feeling I'm not going to like it)

:tu:

Trick!?!? Pssshhhhh! Pfffft!

Nah!!!

:innocent:

Think of it as a nice refreshing glass of water...

700-00049071fw.jpg

:ph34r:

Ackbar.jpg

Hush you!

• Like 1

I don't believe a word of it; the words of just another skeptic looking for a peg to hang his coat on. His daughter lied too? Come on no way. That little girl was telling no lies on that clip. Other people saw it, and the evidence is there.

Did Tim have any more batteries to hand? How did he hoax it? What about the other witnesses?

Your case against him is as weak as a kitten; all claim and no substance. I've seen that before from a skeptic.

Well Zoser...I must confess that i'm not quite sure how to take that ?...This is the first time that i've ever been publicly accused of that particularly-heinous trait!...An accusation that I repudiate with every fibre of my being!!....SCEPTIC INDEED!!....I have a good mind to consult my attorney about the possibilities of bringing legal action to bear on such a blatant display of scandalous libel!!.. :no:

As a matter of fact, and for your information....a healthy amount of Scepticism is what separates the serious students of the ETH from the woo-woo's!..Which is a position that I constantly endeavour to maintain!...So on second thoughts, i'll keep the legal bloodhounds on the leash for now!...But I will offer one last piece of advice , ..and that is to consider the great Bertrand Russell's poignant philosophical pointer ... " It is important to keep an open mind- but not so open that your brain falls out"!...And then you may be in a better position to try to ameliorate your own discernation skills, when trying to creep through the treacherous -minefield of UFO cases, videos and photographs!

Cheers.

[sceptic!... ?... :w00t: ]

• Like 3

Well Zoser...I must confess that i'm not quite sure how to take that ?...This is the first time that i've ever been publicly accused of that particularly-heinous trait!...An accusation that I repudiate with every fibre of my being!!....SCEPTIC INDEED!!....I have a good mind to consult my attorney about the possibilities of bringing legal action to bear on such a blatant display of scandalous libel!!.. :no:

As a matter of fact, and for your information....a healthy amount of Scepticism is what separates the serious students of the ETH from the woo-woo's!..Which is a position that I constantly endeavour to maintain!...So on second thoughts, i'll keep the legal bloodhounds on the leash for now!...But I will offer one last piece of advice , ..and that is to consider the great Bertrand Russell's poignant philosophical pointer ... " It is important to keep an open mind- but not so open that your brain falls out"!...And then you may be in a better position to try to ameliorate your own discernation skills, when trying to creep through the treacherous -minefield of UFO cases, videos and photographs!

Cheers.

We have your badge waiting at the door... See the gentleman in the dark suit, dark glasses, and stoic stance. Say not a word and ask no questions.

--30000--28536_product_1611825555_thumb_large.jpg

Welcome... and we'll go over the membership dues, code words, meeting rooms, 'water muddying' agenda, and secret handshakes later... :ph34r:

Further instructions, along with your secret decoder ring, will arrive in the mail within the next week. Share this with no one. We are watching...

Follow the white rabbit...

(Yes, membership dues... and you all thought we got paid to do this stuff... pffft...)

:lol:

Edited by booNyzarC
  • Like 4

spare him

:passifier:

• Like 1

Now were talking ! Lets get to the Down and Dirty of it all ! :whistle:

Looks for my Tin foil hat again !

• Like 2

Hiya 1963, sorry to snip the majority just to focus in on this... but... excellent find there my friend. :tu:

This is the same guy who filmed one of the Phoenix Lights videos, later confirmed to be flares dropped over the BGR. I couldn't agree with you more regarding this character. Even after the truth of the flares was long exposed, he and one of his cohorts continued to rally against the conclusions claiming that their footage was not of the same event. You've categorized him exactly as is deserved; as a charlatan.

Cheers

Glad to help my friend!...Snake oil salesmen like these deserve to be unmasked no matter what their stance in the debate is purported to be! :tu:

Cheers buddy.

• Like 1

Much as I loathe most of the "skeptics" on here and the constant abuse and disinformation they hand out, I admit that there are many UFOs reports that I find dubious or fake.

I want no part of the professional "skeptics" though.

• Like 1

We have your badge waiting at the door... See the gentleman in the dark suit, dark glasses, and stoic stance. Say not a word and ask no questions.

--30000--28536_product_1611825555_thumb_large.jpg

Welcome... and we'll go over the membership dues, code words, meeting rooms, 'water muddying' agenda, and secret handshakes later... :ph34r:

Further instructions, along with your secret decoder ring, will arrive in the mail within the next week. Share this with no one. We are watching...

Follow the white rabbit...

(Yes, membership dues... and you all thought we got paid to do this stuff... pffft...)

You guys kill me! :w00t: .....but wait!... :unsure2: ..if I erm!..go through with it ...do I get one of these....?

50281_306575048990_824342_n.jpg

...theyr'e real cooool!.. :whistle: ...errrm!...Sorry Bee!... :blush:

Cheers buddy.

Edited by 1963
  • Like 1

Much as I loathe most of the "skeptics" on here and the constant abuse and disinformation they hand out, I admit that there are many UFOs reports that I find dubious or fake.

You sure McG? We've got a badge with your name on it buddy. :D

Psyche's wife makes an incredible bunt cake... Bade mixes the best of drinks (non-alcoholic too!)... D is fixing the greatest BBQ fixin's... and from what I can tell so far 1963 is managing the toy box (and we have the BEST toys... just ask bee... :P ), so there are bound to be loads of fun for all!

C'mon... join the Dark Side... ;)

You sure McG? We've got a badge with your name on it buddy. :D

Psyche's wife makes an incredible bunt cake... Bade mixes the best of drinks (non-alcoholic too!)... D is fixing the greatest BBQ fixin's... and from what I can tell so far 1963 is managing the toy box (and we have the BEST toys... just ask bee... :P ), so there are bound to be loads of fun for all!

Impossible for me, of course, knowing what I do. Back before I saw my own UFO and then got invited to that little lecture in the military, I was not only skeptical but totally indifferent to the subject of UFOs. Nothing in my background or education had ever prepared me to see one or show any interest in the subject.

I could pretend to be a "skeptic" about various ETs visiting this planet, but that really would make me very dishonest.

• Like 1

Impossible for me, of course, knowing what I do. Back before I saw my own UFO and then got invited to that little lecture in the military, I was not only skeptical but totally indifferent to the subject of UFOs. Nothing in my background or education had ever prepared me to see one or show any interest in the subject.

I could pretend to be a "skeptic" about various ETs visiting this planet, but that really would make me very dishonest.

I didn't realize that the lecture preceded your own sighting. For some reason I thought it was the other way around? Guess I'm recalling something incorrectly or made assumptions that were without basis.

At any rate, being skeptical is a good thing. You have exhibited skepticism yourself on many occasions, and surely you agree that it is an important and valuable trait.

I'm all for standing up for what you believe in, and what you're confident that you know, but at the same time it is critical to be aware that you may not actually know the things that you thought you knew. Not always of course, but sometimes.

Cheers McG.

You can have a Skeptics Badge anyway. Even if yours is really representative of being skeptical of the skeptics. :tu:

I didn't realize that the lecture preceded your own sighting. For some reason I thought it was the other way around? Guess I'm recalling something incorrectly or made assumptions that were without basis.

At any rate, being skeptical is a good thing. You have exhibited skepticism yourself on many occasions, and surely you agree that it is an important and valuable trait.

No the lecture was after my UFO sighting. I hope I didn't make it sound like it came before. I wouldn't have had any interest in UFOs before that time and wouldn't have gone to any such lecture.

I noticed that when I began to show an interest in UFOs that information started coming my way from others who had seen them or were interested in the subject. Most of this was just very informal, although I came to realize that there was still a military investigation going on and that someone was certainly keeping track of all the records.

• Like 1

Yep, I agree that there's one or two unsavoury pedants that will 'never concede the possibility of legitimacy of any piece of evidence' on these forums MacGuffin!...But I refuse to go to the extreme opposite and positively endorse just ...'every claim' even when I do not find the evidence compelling!

But I am in fervent agreement with the respecting of alternative views!

The funny about this thing is....I never even dismissed the possibility of Tim Edward's film being genuine! :unsure2:

Cheers buddy.

• Like 2

When I was young, I was basically a guy with a two-dollar haircut and a uniform who had never given any thought to "esoteric" subjects like UFOs. I like to think I have grown and improved somewhat from what I was way back then.

Officer_Friendly.gif

I would even go so far as to say that thinking about ETs and UFOs has expanded my mind from its rather narrow-gauge, infantry platoon beginnings.

hopper.jpg

Edited by TheMacGuffin
  • Like 1

" It is important to keep an open mind- but not so open that your brain falls out"!...And then you may be in a better position to try to ameliorate your own discernation skills, when trying to creep through the treacherous -minefield of UFO cases, videos and photographs!

Cheers.

It's not that treacherous if one uses a little intuition. The case for is overwhelming.

No the lecture was after my UFO sighting. I hope I didn't make it sound like it came before. I wouldn't have had any interest in UFOs before that time and wouldn't have gone to any such lecture.

I noticed that when I began to show an interest in UFOs that information started coming my way from others who had seen them or were interested in the subject. Most of this was just very informal, although I came to realize that there was still a military investigation going on and that someone was certainly keeping track of all the records.

This is a weird hypothetical question.

If you had a contact from an ET not a UFO, how do you think you'd react if it was an indifferent type now that your older?

I mean do you think you could believe it's message to you if it gave you one?

This is a weird hypothetical question.

If you had a contact from an ET not a UFO, how do you think you'd react if it was an indifferent type now that your older?

I mean do you think you could believe it's message to you if it gave you one?

I have puzzled over these questions for many years. I think some of them have been trying to contact us or communicate with us. We have these strange cases of the mass UFO sightings over places like Washington DC in 1952 or over Colares, Brazil and others like that where they are basically announcing their presence--just saying "here we are". It should have been obvious to anyone in those cases that at least some of them really wanted to be seen.

Maybe not all of them do, but there are some situations where it just seems very clear.

Yet if any contacts were made, like with Eisenhower for example, they were kept covert and secret. There were a couple of times that they almost spilled the beans, and there may have been big arguments about it behind the scenes, but in the end it was still kept classified. No one ever called a new conference and said "they are here".

I can only guess about why that was.

I have puzzled over these questions for many years. I think some of them have been trying to contact us or communicate with us. We have these strange cases of the mass UFO sightings over places like Washington DC in 1952 or over Colares, Brazil and others like that where they are basically announcing their presence--just saying "here we are". It should have been obvious to anyone in those cases that at least some of them really wanted to be seen.

Maybe not all of them do, but there are some situations where it just seems very clear.

Yet if any contacts were made, like with Eisenhower for example, they were kept covert and secret. There were a couple of times that they almost spilled the beans, and there may have been big arguments about it behind the scenes, but in the end it was still kept classified. No one ever called a new conference and said "they are here".

I would think that it is obvious they wanted to be seen and knew what DC was. They would have communicated someway to get their message across soon after. It really becomes more mysterious when I think of how LONG it's been and it hasn't been officially acknowledged at all. Funny I never was really curious until this past year, when I see the skeptics and believers grabbing at straws through some obvious smoke screens. It was like, I knew enough things and that was more than enough so I wasn't curious at all about UFOs or what was behind it. I'm old now and curious to know more about them and the why. After all these years I know we gathered lots of information worlwide during all the years. Something must still be very serious if they aren't letting it out at least in "baby steps" after all this time! I guess I'm really more curious now why it's not acknowledged then the ETs themselves LOL

I firmly believe they are trying to let it be known to us that they are here. Maybe they've become fed up with diplomacy through the government and have ended up being shot at. Who knows what else.

I think the bold appearance at Chicago O'Hare is a perfect example...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_O%27Hare_International_Airport_UFO_sighting

I firmly believe they are trying to let it be known to us that they are here.

That's depressing. So their efforts amount to looking like flares and defocussed aircraft? They can't just land somewhere and step out of their craft in daylight, say on a crowded beach? Preferably in front of someone with a decent camera and the ability to use it?

They can't make a radio/tv broadcast? Project some pictures on a wall? Drop some piece of undeniably alien tech in someone's backyard or in front of some 'friendly' non-governmental organisation, oh say, like MUFON? :P

*Seriously*, if what we are 'seeing' is them trying to make themselves noticed, I'm not that impressed with their abilities. {John Wayne voice}Gimme ten minutes with one hand tied behind ma back and they won't be comin' on back..{/voice}

Oh, wait, maybe crop circles are how they are showing themselves.. sighs wearily.. Anyway, you guys are right to 'puzzle over this'.

That's depressing. So their efforts amount to looking like flares and defocussed aircraft? They can't just land somewhere and step out of their craft in daylight, say on a crowded beach? Preferably in front of someone with a decent camera and the ability to use it?

They can't make a radio/tv broadcast? Project some pictures on a wall? Drop some piece of undeniably alien tech in someone's backyard or in front of some 'friendly' non-governmental organisation, oh say, like MUFON? :P

*Seriously*, if what we are 'seeing' is them trying to make themselves noticed, I'm not that impressed with their abilities. {John Wayne voice}Gimme ten minutes with one hand tied behind ma back and they won't be comin' on back..{/voice}

Oh, wait, maybe crop circles are how they are showing themselves.. sighs wearily.. Anyway, you guys are right to 'puzzle over this'.

I know you're saying this for the purposes of satire, but that would really be the most irresponsible and stupid way of makign "contact", would it not? Why do people always assume that "they" want to get noticed? Wouldn't any program of scientific research (for instance) deliberately avoid making contact or getting noticed? What if these light effects are merely a side-effect of the propulsion system, e.g. some form of plasma or electrostatic system?

• Like 1

I know you're saying this for the purposes of satire, but that would really be the most irresponsible and stupid way of makign "contact", would it not?

Well, I was answering the comments made in the post above, so you should argue that with 'Synchronomy'.. - indeed, I definitely do not think 'they', if they exist, are making any attempt to make themselves known. But I'd also suggest that we have absolutely no way of knowing if our points of view about how we might approach another non-terrestrial civilisation would be the same as theirs. Indeed, if you look at our record of how we approach hitherto unknown earthly civilisations (eg long-lost jungle-based tribes), we have to date not made much of a secret of our existence.. After a very brief look from a distance, it's either conquer or assimilate, it seems!

I do agree that if we were studying another civilisation, that a certain amount of prudence might be appropriate. But if it was us, and we determined they were not a threat, and if we thought we had much to learn or share.. wouldn't we?

What if these light effects are merely a side-effect of the propulsion system, e.g. some form of plasma or electrostatic system?

It could be. But if that was the case, wouldn't we see more of these effects when they were approaching (they would have to brake heavily to stop, one might guess by using reverse thrust..) And to be honest, I don't see all that many examples that look much like such a trail.

Much as I loathe most of the "skeptics" on here and the constant abuse and disinformation they hand out

:D Shouldn't you have bravely named names and given examples?

Well, anyway, I'd just like to express my deep appreciation for the way that you hide that fact so effectively, never use ad hominems, and always address the 'dis'information in such a dispassionate and fair way.

It's a fine example that you set.