Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tantalising Testimony

That's depressing. So their efforts amount to looking like flares and defocussed aircraft? They can't just land somewhere and step out of their craft in daylight, say on a crowded beach? Preferably in front of someone with a decent camera and the ability to use it?

They can't make a radio/tv broadcast? Project some pictures on a wall? Drop some piece of undeniably alien tech in someone's backyard or in front of some 'friendly' non-governmental organisation, oh say, like MUFON? :P

*Seriously*, if what we are 'seeing' is them trying to make themselves noticed, I'm not that impressed with their abilities. {John Wayne voice}Gimme ten minutes with one hand tied behind ma back and they won't be comin' on back..{/voice}

Oh, wait, maybe crop circles are how they are showing themselves.. sighs wearily.. Anyway, you guys are right to 'puzzle over this'.

This is a very good question and deserves a thread unto itself to explore the various options.

I think we need to be careful when making generalisations though. There is good evidence that some strains are interested in the human anatomy, the state of affairs here and the human condition. The Antonio Villas Lobos case, Betty and Barney Hill, The Alagash Incident, and the Pascagoula case all indicate that ET's are carrying out anatomical examinations, for some purpose or other. The multitude of classic night time abduction incidents no matter how anecdotal also testifies to this.

The reports where aircraft have been buzzed and missile bases have been interfered with points to a wider interest in human activity perhaps. The Alaska Airliner, Rendlesham Forest and Malmstrom AFB all being well known examples. The numerous and mysterious small probes sighted across the world but particularly in South America are other good examples.

Some strains may not be specifically interested in the human race but more organic life here generally. Could this be what the animal mutilation scenario is alluding to?

Then there are the cases where large craft are simply seen without apparent interaction. The Phoenix Lights, Hudson Valley sightings, and the Yukon UFO as well as the numerous isolated cases of visual observations of strange unidentified craft. Could these be just ET craft passing though this part of the universe where the occupants have no real interest in human affairs whatsoever? This ties in with the theory that certain parts of the planet act as portals to other dimensions or part of the universe.

So there are at least three scenarios for consideration here. Simply to imply that all UFO's are here to examine us I think is grossly oversimplifying the case. There may be many factors involved.

Simply to imply that all UFO's are here to examine us I think is grossly oversimplifying the case. There may be many factors involved.

I agree. Much of our efforts go towards speculation on how they could travel interstellar distances to get here. We focus, in general, on their advanced technology. What about their culture and philosophy? Who knows how they think. In order to speculate on their agenda, we need to know more about "them" than their technology. I suppose it would be like ET's trying to figure out what we are up to by studying our cars and trucks.

Maybe that's why we see claims of abduction and cattle mutilation? I have an open mind about these situations, but honestly my thoughts are that these are human based phenomena. Same with crop circles.

I would think if they are technologically advanced, they would have some sort of remote "scanning" ability. Hell, even we have MRI, and CAT scans to see every detail of the body without cutting it open in many cases.

If ET's travel light years to get here, surely they can be more sophisticated than cutting tongues and rectums out of bovines, kidnapping people to remove their dentures and stick probes in them, and draw pictures in crops.

If ET's travel light years to get here, surely they can be more sophisticated than cutting tongues and rectums out of bovines, kidnapping people to remove their dentures and stick probes in them, and draw pictures in crops.

I started a thread a while ago looking at all the various aspects behind the animal mutilation phenomena. The conclusion I came to is that while there is a strong case that some covert organisations are interested in what is going on, the high technology involved suggests that the perpetrators are actually not human. I'm sure that anyone looking into this issue in depth would reach that conclusion.

It's interesting though and I would love to open this up again if any new info has come to light. If it does, I will post it on the other thread.

Chicago - 2006

The Chicago O'Hare UFO sighting occurred on November 7, 2006, when people at Chicago O'Hare International Airport reported seeing a saucer or disc-shaped UFO.

Authorities received a report that a group of twelve airport employees were witnessing a metallic, saucer-shaped craft hovering over Gate C-17.

The object was first spotted by a ramp employee who was pushing back United Airlines Flight 446 departing Chicago for Charlotte, North Carolina. The employee apprised Flight 446's of the object above their aircraft. It is believed that both the pilot and co-pilot also witnessed the object.

Several independent witnesses outside of the airport also saw the object. One described a "blatant" disc shaped craft hovering over the airport which was "obviously not clouds." According to this witness, nearby observers gasped as the object shot through the clouds at high velocity, leaving a clear blue hole in the cloud layer. The hole reportedly seemed to close itself shortly afterwards.

According to the Chicago Tribune's Jon Hilkevitch, "The disc was visible for approximately two minutes and was seen by close to a dozen United Airlines employees, ranging from pilots to supervisors, who heard chatter on the radio and raced out to view it." So far, no conclusive photographic evidence of the UFO has surfaced, although it was reported to Hilkevitch that one of the United Airlines pilots was in possession of a digital camera at the time of the sighting and may have photographed the event.

Taxi driver Andre Sneed reported the disc sighting while he was waiting at the chicago O'hare international airport. He said that it was no way that it was clouds and that it did not look like any airplane he had ever seen before. The hole reportedly seemed to close itself shortly afterwards.

Both United Airlines and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) first denied that they had any information on the O'Hare UFO sighting until the Chicago Tribune, who was investigating the report, filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request. The FAA then ordered an internal review of air-traffic communications tapes to comply with the Tribune FOIA request which subsequently uncovered a call by the United supervisor to an FAA manager in the airport tower concerning the UFO sighting.

The FAA stance concludes that the sighting was caused by a weather phenomenon and that the agency would not be investigating the incident. UFO investigators have pointed out that this stance is a direct contradiction to the FAA's mandate to investigate possible security breaches at American airports such as in this case; an object witnessed by numerous airport employees and officially reported by at least one of them, hovering in plain sight, over one of the busiest airports in the world.

Many witnesses interviewed by theTribune were apparently "upset" that federal officials declined to further investigate the matter.

The Chicago O'Hare airport UFO story was picked up by various major mainstream media groups such as CNN, CBS, MSNBC, Fox News, Chicago Tribune, NPR.

On February 11, 2009 The History Channel aired an episode with the title "Aliens at Airport" in which they reconstructed the incident.

A video surfaced in early 2007 showing an unedited pre-interview discussion of the Chicago O'Hare Airport UFO sighting between Jon Hilkevitch (the Chicago Tribune transportation reporter who reported the Chicago UFO story) and Jim Wagner a news anchor with CLTV, a 24 Hour news channel in Oak Brook, Illinois.

The video shows both men having an off-air discussion about the amount of international media reaction to the UFO story as well as discussing United Airlines' alleged "flip-flop" on the event and the FAA's explanation as "weather phenomenon" that according to Hilkevitch's sources "just doesn't wash." Hilkevitch also mentions that photographs were possibly taken by a pilot with a digital camera and that the story is "the most read story in the history of CT.com [chicagotribune.com]" with almost a "million hits."

Hilkevitch then goes on to say that he is hearing from: "serious researchers at major US universities who've attempted to do their own investigations and, when they go to the government to try to get information, they get stonewalled." Hilkevitch continues by saying "So there really is this universal feeling that the government knows more than it's willing to tell".

After the actual on-air interview is conducted both men continue to discuss the reaction to the event until the screen goes dark and only the audio is heard. The video finally ends with an unknown person off camera saying "It would've landed but uh..." at which point the camera shuts off.

Here is a short clip telling the story of the full incident.

I started a thread a while ago looking at all the various aspects behind the animal mutilation phenomena. The conclusion I came to is that while there is a strong case that some covert organisations are interested in what is going on, the high technology involved suggests that the perpetrators are actually not human. I'm sure that anyone looking into this issue in depth would reach that conclusion.

It's interesting though and I would love to open this up again if any new info has come to light. If it does, I will post it on the other thread.

I keep an open mind about it because of the indications of the speculation of the technology being used. I've never seen well documented proof of (what I heard) tissue being severed without cutting through individual cells and all blood being removed etc.

I have not seen the thread you refer to. Perhaps you could PM me or post it.

I suppose that some ET's (hopefully none) could be similar to barbarians in a cultural sense, who have advanced technology?

There's a scary thought. Rapists and plunderers from a distant solar system :w00t:

An interesting testimony:

New Chicago O'Hare Airport UFO Witness came forward with video evidence

I have sat on this evidence for over 2 years, mainly because of the nature of my background, if you knew who I was then you would understand.

Back on November 7th 2006, I was near Chicago O'hare International airport when I was witness to what was arguably one of the most important UFO incidents in modern times. After the incident, many people jumped on the UFO bandwagon on and came forward with false evidence, I can't speak for these individuals, I can only speak for myself.

I witnessed a gigantic UFO hovering over the Airport at precisely 4:32 p.m. The UFO was a dark, hazy metallic disc/cigar shaped craft. It was at a height of roughly 750 feet from the ground, completely silent, frozen still, and was well over 100 meters in length. I managed to film the UFO on my cell phone for 1 minute, I observed the UFO for a further 1 minute, after which time it took off, and went upwards at tremendous speed and was gone. If you watch the clip properly, at the start of the clip you can clearly see a large passenger jet taking off, and flying directly under the UFO, which shows just how huge this thing was. The UFO was completely frozen still, and any movement on the video clip is camera movement and camera shake. I filmed the UFO on my cell phone with the zoom set to full.

This is arguably one of the most important pieces of UFO photographic evidence in existence, and to ever be posted on the internet, simply because I know it was a genuine Unidentified Flying Object, and it was witnessed by many credible individuals, including pilots.

Yes I would love to come forward and go public with my story, but this is just not an option for me, due to my job. So that is why I have posted the clip on You Tube. For those who don't want to believe the truth, that's up to you, but what you are seeing is genuine footage of an unknown craft, and shame on the worlds media for all the ridicule they threw at this unbelievable incident.

Edited by zoser

I keep an open mind about it because of the indications of the speculation of the technology being used. I've never seen well documented proof of (what I heard) tissue being severed without cutting through individual cells and all blood being removed etc.

I have not seen the thread you refer to. Perhaps you could PM me or post it.

I suppose that some ET's (hopefully none) could be similar to barbarians in a cultural sense, who have advanced technology?

There's a scary thought. Rapists and plunderers from a distant solar system :w00t:

It's a bit of a train wreck... but if you really want to see the thread, here you go... And it was spawned as a sort of 'spin-off' from an earlier thread here...

An interesting testimony:

New Chicago O'Hare Airport UFO Witness came forward with video evidence

I have sat on this evidence for over 2 years, mainly because of the nature of my background, if you knew who I was then you would understand.

Back on November 7th 2006, I was near Chicago O'hare International airport when I was witness to what was arguably one of the most important UFO incidents in modern times. After the incident, many people jumped on the UFO bandwagon on and came forward with false evidence, I can't speak for these individuals, I can only speak for myself.

I witnessed a gigantic UFO hovering over the Airport at precisely 4:32 p.m. The UFO was a dark, hazy metallic disc/cigar shaped craft. It was at a height of roughly 750 feet from the ground, completely silent, frozen still, and was well over 100 meters in length. I managed to film the UFO on my cell phone for 1 minute, I observed the UFO for a further 1 minute, after which time it took off, and went upwards at tremendous speed and was gone. If you watch the clip properly, at the start of the clip you can clearly see a large passenger jet taking off, and flying directly under the UFO, which shows just how huge this thing was. The UFO was completely frozen still, and any movement on the video clip is camera movement and camera shake. I filmed the UFO on my cell phone with the zoom set to full.

This is arguably one of the most important pieces of UFO photographic evidence in existence, and to ever be posted on the internet, simply because I know it was a genuine Unidentified Flying Object, and it was witnessed by many credible individuals, including pilots.

Yes I would love to come forward and go public with my story, but this is just not an option for me, due to my job. So that is why I have posted the clip on You Tube. For those who don't want to believe the truth, that's up to you, but what you are seeing is genuine footage of an unknown craft, and shame on the worlds media for all the ridicule they threw at this unbelievable incident.

Did you post the right video link? I thought it was going to be from this witness's cellphone of the actual object.

Did you post the right video link? I thought it was going to be from this witness's cellphone of the actual object.

The alleged photograph has never been produced as far as I'm aware, though there was a hoaxed/faked version of it that was 'featured' over on ATS if memory serves...

It's a bit of a train wreck... but if you really want to see the thread, here you go... And it was spawned as a sort of 'spin-off' from an earlier thread here...

The 'train wreck' has all of the up to date documentary clips and research documentation embedded.

I couldn't find it; so I settled for another clip; maybe someone can provide the actual link?

Edited by zoser

Not sure whether this is the hoax or the real thing. No doubt it will provoke some discussion:

O_27Hare_2BUFO_2_1.jpg

The 'train wreck' has all of the up to date documentary clips and research documentation embedded.

No zoser, the 'train wreck' was the fallout which happened when you consistently hand waved away all of the well documented explanations for cattle mutilations which were painstakingly provided for you by diligent and well-informed members of the forum.

No zoser, the 'train wreck' was the fallout which happened when you consistently hand waved away all of the well documented explanations for cattle mutilations which were painstakingly provided for you by diligent and well-informed members of the forum.

And who are they exactly? Have these people left? If you find them please introduce them to me.

Edited by zoser

And who are they exactly? Have these people left? If you find them please introduce them to me.

Go re-read the thread(s). Perhaps the sensible explanations will actually sink in if you give them another chance.

Go re-read the thread(s). Perhaps the sensible explanations will actually sink in if you give them another chance.

OK I'll do it right now.

Edited by zoser

Not sure whether this is the hoax or the real thing. No doubt it will provoke some discussion:

O_27Hare_2BUFO_2_1.jpg

Must be a hoax. Original reports said the object had no lights.

Hoaxed... See original pic here...

Credit where credit is due... ATS thread.

The "ATS thread" link shows the same picture as the hoaxed one posted above. Is there a link in the ATS thread I missed?

Edited by synchronomy

The "ATS thread" link shows the same picture as the hoaxed one posted above. Is there a link in the ATS thread I missed?

Directly above that picture is a quoted post with a link in it. That link then redirects to the link I provided above which shows the original unaltered photo used in the hoax. The hoaxer reversed and cropped the original, then placed the UFO within. Quite cleverly done I must say, but still, in the end, a hoax.

Directly above that picture is a quoted post with a link in it. That link then redirects to the link I provided above which shows the original unaltered photo used in the hoax. The hoaxer reversed and cropped the original, then placed the UFO within. Quite cleverly done I must say, but still, in the end, a hoax.

I'm afraid you've done it again Boon. Your link and the UFO pic are not the same. Your link does not show the original image at all.

I'm not saying the UFO pic is real, buy your link does nothing to prove that at all :blush:

I'm afraid you've done it again Boon. Your link and the UFO pic are not the same. Your link does not show the original image at all.

I'm not saying the UFO pic is real, buy your link does nothing to prove that at all :blush:

I found that. I thought I was going to see a real photo of the object that did appear over the airport. I've never seen one.

You need to look again zoser. It's the top image in my link. Did I mention that the hoaxer also darkened the image? I probably should have mentioned that part. Same picture, just reversed, cropped, and darkened... oh, also with a superimposed UFO...

Hoax zoser... Sorry man.

I found that. I thought I was going to see a real photo of the object that did appear over the airport. I've never seen one.

No we probably never will see the real object; but Boon's link solves nothing unless I'm missing something.

You need to look again zoser. It's the top image in my link. Did I mention that the hoaxer also darkened the image? I probably should have mentioned that part. Same picture, just reversed, cropped, and darkened... oh, also with a superimposed UFO...

Hoax zoser... Sorry man.

It's a completely different picture; wrong elevation, wrong image. What am I missing?

Ah, I misunderstood. No, there has been no legitimate photo of the O'hare UFO ever released that I'm aware of. Sorry for the misunderstanding. When I said 'original photo' I intended to convey that it shows the rather dull photograph of Concourse K with no UFO...