Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How is this possible

taniwha

To cut to the chase, part of my job was being dropt off by copter, job done, pikt up again and off to the next tree to fell, and so forth. On this particular day, the copter came back for three of us. I felt a bit fatigued having been in snow and shade, and a bit numb.

Our copter had no door and is very loud . I was daydreaming, enjoying the ride by now, and only remembered to put on my earmuffs for the last part of our decent. Down we came from mountain slope to lake front in about 45 seconds.

On the way down I noticed when the pilot turned to look at me, I didnt recognise him. He said nothing, I wondered why we had changed pilots. I took no more notice after we landed. We had a different pilot again after lunch.

After work when we were back at base unwinding I asked my boss who the pilot was i didnt recognise and he didnt know who I was talking about, though I was able to describe him in detail, and even though my boss was sitting in the front beside him! I am assured by all my crew no one else witnessed him and there was only the two pilots that day.

My question to UM friends - how can this be explained? Is it a trick of my mind or a phantom apparition? Has anyone else had a similar experience please tell.

I would say that it was due to You being "a bit fatigued having been in snow and shade, and a bit numb."

Kiora!

One possibility I can think of is that you were put into an altered state by the sounds of the helecopter because you forgot to put on your earmuffs, and as a result you saw the pilot differently.. Kind of like binaurial beats..

Phhhheww! I knew there was a rational explanation! A simple hallucination.

You could have been asleep and dreaming too. Stuff like this has happened to me when I'm sleeping during the day and I shouldn't be. Dream and reality get blended seamlessly.

You could have been asleep and dreaming too. Stuff like this has happened to me when I'm sleeping during the day and I shouldn't be. Dream and reality get blended seamlessly.

I hope i was awake it is a dangerous job.

I hope i was awake it is a dangerous job.

No, no. I'm sure you were awake when you were on the job, but when you were riding back in the copter. perhaps you were dozing then.

Awake dreaming or hallucination,whilst trusting your life to someone 1000s of feet above the ground,are GOOD explanations ?

I would actually be concerned it was someone bad,doing a test run to see how easy it is to hijack a helicopter ,with no one noticing.

Sounds like it was pretty easy .

Awake dreaming or hallucination,whilst trusting your life to someone 1000s of feet above the ground,are GOOD explanations ?

I would actually be concerned it was someone bad,doing a test run to see how easy it is to hijack a helicopter ,with no one noticing.

Sounds like it was pretty easy .

What? Easier than typing that non-sense you just posted? :unsure2:

No, no. I'm sure you were awake when you were on the job, but when you were riding back in the copter. perhaps you were dozing then.

Mmm everything else didnt appear as a dream, though I did say I was daydreaming meaning relaxed of mind but still in touch of my surroundings.

Err,you asked for an explanation to your event. A stranger piloting your helicopter .Did I read it correctly .

You were told you were dreaming it,or hallucinating . It's not possible it was someone else ? Who took it for who knows what reasons .

Hey ,only you know if you dropped acid before work .

Hey ,you asked for an explanation .If another ,non hallucinogenic one isn't plausible,and makes me an idiot ,I will be sure not to comment next time.

Err,you asked for an explanation to your event. A stranger piloting your helicopter .Did I read it correctly .

You were told you were dreaming it,or hallucinating . It's not possible it was someone else ? Who took it for who knows what reasons .

Hey ,only you know if you dropped acid before work .

Hey ,you asked for an explanation .If another ,non hallucinogenic one isn't plausible,and makes me an idiot ,I will be sure not to comment next time.

Yea sure, not looking to be a target or to aim my guns at contributors to my non-sense. I.e .... how do I make sense from what I dont understand. Wasnt on drugs... Thanks.

There are people here that will always prefer outlandish and improbable explanations to the logical, rational ones.

I wouldn't call an altered state a simple hallucination. there's nothing simple about it.

When one is in an altered state their pererceptions don't always match their normal physical reality, but that is not to say that the reality is not real. In an altered state you could have been viewing the pilot in that alernative reality which is why he appeared different.. I am guessing here mind you, but imo, it sounds like you were placed in an altered state or were operating temporarily at a different level of reality due to the vibrations of the rotors..

The other alternitave is you'd been smoking something you found out bush, or a combination of cold/altitude caused a mental lapse in memory.. take your pick..

I wouldn't call an altered state a simple hallucination. there's nothing simple about it.

When one is in an altered state their pererceptions don't always match their normal physical reality, but that is not to say that the reality is not real. In an altered state you could have been viewing the pilot in that alernative reality which is why he appeared different.. I am guessing here mind you, but imo, it sounds like you were placed in an altered state or were operating temporarily at a different level of reality due to the vibrations of the rotors..

The other alternitave is you'd been smoking something you found out bush, or a combination of cold/altitude caused a mental lapse in memory.. take your pick..

True that.... an interesting possibility Professor T one that i will consider.

I've had a similar situation when I was extremely tired. I was in a truck with my friend, and I swore there were 3 of us in the truck, like someone was in the back seat. The thing was, there was no back seat. But mine was just an extreme feeling you get, and not by sight. But same kind of thing. It was so strong I had to turn back and realize that there were just 2 of us. It's hard to explain.

To cut to the chase, part of my job was being dropt off by copter, job done, pikt up again and off to the next tree to fell, and so forth. On this particular day, the copter came back for three of us. I felt a bit fatigued having been in snow and shade, and a bit numb.

Our copter had no door and is very loud . I was daydreaming, enjoying the ride by now, and only remembered to put on my earmuffs for the last part of our decent. Down we came from mountain slope to lake front in about 45 seconds.

On the way down I noticed when the pilot turned to look at me, I didnt recognise him. He said nothing, I wondered why we had changed pilots. I took no more notice after we landed. We had a different pilot again after lunch.

After work when we were back at base unwinding I asked my boss who the pilot was i didnt recognise and he didnt know who I was talking about, though I was able to describe him in detail, and even though my boss was sitting in the front beside him! I am assured by all my crew no one else witnessed him and there was only the two pilots that day.

My question to UM friends - how can this be explained? Is it a trick of my mind or a phantom apparition? Has anyone else had a similar experience please tell.

A hallucination may occur in a person in a state of good mental and physical health, even in the apparent absence of a transient trigger factor such as fatigue, intoxication or sensory deprivation.

It is not widely recognized that hallucinatory experiences are not merely the prerogative of those suffering from mental illness, or normal people in abnormal states, but that they occur spontaneously in a significant proportion of the normal population, when in good health and not undergoing particular stress or other abnormal circumstance.

The evidence for this statement has been accumulating for more than a century. Studies of hallucinatory experience in the sane go back to 1886 and the early work of the Society for Psychical Research,[1][2] which suggested approximately 10% of the population had experienced at least one hallucinatory episode in the course of their life. More recent studies have validated these findings; the precise incidence found varies with the nature of the episode and the criteria of ‘hallucination’ adopted, but the basic finding is now well-supported

Try here :

http://symptomchecker.webmd.com/multiple-symptoms?symptoms=fatigue|hallucinations&symptomids=98|381&locations=66|2

• Like 1