Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Movies about the unexplained - suggestions?

Bling

Can anyone recommend films about anything unexplained - like the stuff we cover here on UM? I love anything to do with the paranormal, bigfoot, monsters and legends etc.

Thanks!

the sixth sense, the exorcist, close encounters of the third kind, the mothman prophecies, the grudge movies, the final destination movies, jurrasic park series, the poltergeist movies, the entity, the amityville horror, flatliners, the lost boys, wolf w/ jack Nicholson, oh, the shining w/ jack Nicholson, the witches of eastwick (with of course jack nicholson lol) hell boy 1 and 2, explorers (1985) Q movie(1982) the water horse legend of the deep, sphere, the abyss, let me know if Im rambling...

Here are some interesting documentaries which are on Netflix now: Six Degrees of Helter Skelter (this one is one I've seen more than once.. The case has always interested me and for the average person who isn't as familiar with the case, there's quite a bit to learn which isn't covered in Bugliosi's book), Will You Kill For Me? Charles Manson and His Followers, Paul McCartney Really is Dead: The Last Testament of George Harrison, Dark Legacy, Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired, Resurrect Dead: Mystery of Toynbee Tiles, Murder in Greenwich, Is It Real? (documentary series). Just a few to get you started if it's documentaries you seek. I will add that these were interesting and entertaining. I do not claim to believe all of the "information" in each film.

Fire in the Sky- The Travis Walton Story

Fourth Kind

Seen The Fourth Kind - loved it....haven't heard of the other one, thanks!

The Entity

Yep seen it...quite good thanks!

the sixth sense, the exorcist, close encounters of the third kind, the mothman prophecies, the grudge movies, the final destination movies, jurrasic park series, the poltergeist movies, the entity, the amityville horror, flatliners, the lost boys, wolf w/ jack Nicholson, oh, the shining w/ jack Nicholson, the witches of eastwick (with of course jack nicholson lol) hell boy 1 and 2, explorers (1985) Q movie(1982) the water horse legend of the deep, sphere, the abyss, let me know if Im rambling...

I've highlighted all the ones I've seen, I'll check the others out, thanks.

Here are some interesting documentaries which are on Netflix now: Six Degrees of Helter Skelter (this one is one I've seen more than once.. The case has always interested me and for the average person who isn't as familiar with the case, there's quite a bit to learn which isn't covered in Bugliosi's book), Will You Kill For Me? Charles Manson and His Followers, Paul McCartney Really is Dead: The Last Testament of George Harrison, Dark Legacy, Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired, Resurrect Dead: Mystery of Toynbee Tiles, Murder in Greenwich, Is It Real? (documentary series). Just a few to get you started if it's documentaries you seek. I will add that these were interesting and entertaining. I do not claim to believe all of the "information" in each film.

I don't have Netflix, but I have LoveFilm. I'll check some of those out, thanks.....but I think I'll steer clear of the Paul McCartney one, can't stand him.

I don't have Netflix, but I have LoveFilm. I'll check some of those out, thanks.....but I think I'll steer clear of the Paul McCartney one, can't stand him.

I laughed throughout most of the Paul McCartney one, actually. It's supposed to be an actual recording of George Harrison, telling his story after the "fan attack" in his home, basically he was to have allegedly recorded these audio tapes while in hospital afterward. The reasoning was that he was attacked after threatening the faux or "Faul McCartney" that he would reveal that he was an impostor, etc. It came complete with accusations of... **gasp** the involvement of MI5. :::dun dun dun::: I joke, but it wouldn't have been complete without that accusation. lol Oh, and let me know if you see any of those and of those which you liked and I'll have a better idea of what else to suggest. :)

• Like 1

Showgirls - Talk about a paranormal experience. :passifier:

umm somewhere in time ? :blush:

it's actually the only romance movie i ever liked or watched

it's time travel movie quite good .. for it's time

One of my favourite if you're into simple settings movies, but which leaves you to wonder when it's over is "Man From The Earth":

"The plot focuses on John Oldman, a departing university professor who claims to be a Cro-Magnon (or Magdalenian caveman) who has somehow survived for over 14,000 years. The only setting is in and around Oldman's house during his farewell party, with the plot advancing through intellectual arguments between Oldman and his fellow faculty members."

Definitely worth the watch!

Edit: I forgot to write the title of the movie :P

Edited by Ninhursag

For anybody adventurous and willing to watch un-subtitled film, then perhaps give the German film "Gonger" a try. It's not about giant eels! This is a ghost story with a difference and twist at the end.

I agree with post above mine about Solaris, but only the Andrei Tarkovsky original

Edited by Atentutankh-pasheri