Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If you had to pick a religion or convert...

Clarakore

I noticed no one has said Scientology lol

I will choose

1/2- Roman Chatolicism or Orthodox Christianity

3. Taoism

4.Budhism

5/6. Mandaeism/Zoroastrianism

7.Kemetism :innocent:

Because its sect.

Many class it as a religion.. I class it as weird

You have listed a few there that are not religions according to many on line info about each one.,. Like Buddhism.. is not a religion is is called a philosophy...it doesn't follow any supernatural being

If you want to think of it and others like it as religions go for it.. it is a matter of opinion

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Albaism, where I worship at the feet of Jessica Alba for the rest of my life and she can do with me whatever the hell she likes. It requires the willing participation of Jessica of course but I'm up for it.

Sadly, no-one else can join. Sorry bout that.

• Like 3

I am quite happy with my religeon, the ONLY ONE,I attend every other Saturday and sometimes during the week if there's a cup game on.

• Like 1

You have listed a few there that are not religions according to many on line info about each one.,. Like Buddhism.. is not a religion is is called a philosophy...it doesn't follow any supernatural being

If you want to think of it and others like it as religions go for it.. it is a matter of opinion

A religion is not necessarily about following a supernatural being.

Personally, I think I'd chose for Buddhism.

Religion is a collection of belief systems, cultural systems, and world views that relate humanity to spirituality and, sometimes, to moral values.Many religions have narratives, symbols, traditions and sacred histories that are intended to give meaning to life or to explain the origin of life or the Universe. They tend to derive morality, ethics, religious laws or a preferred lifestyle from their ideas about the cosmos and human nature. According to some estimates, there are roughly 4,200 religions in the world.

Many religions may have organized behaviors, clergy, a definition of what constitutes adherence or membership, holy places, and scriptures. The practice of a religion may also include rituals, sermons, commemoration or veneration of a god, gods or goddesses, sacrifices, festivals, feasts, trance, initiations, funerary services, matrimonial services, meditation, prayer, music, art, dance, public service or other aspects of human culture. Religions may also contain mythology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion

Edited by Abramelin

Many...who dont know about their teachings and activities.

Buddhism is defently not philosphy. Its religion. Its Buddhists propaganda to introduce their faith as different. You are just victim of that propaganda. To proove yourself that Im talking truth just google: Buddhist temple. I dont know any philosophical school who have temples. I wish there is Sartre temple or Spinoza temple.

Thing is that I dont want to think on it as another religion. Every common sense being does. Its you who choose to believe that is philosophy school which is bizzare idea.

Sorry BM but we talked once and I shown you that it is religion. Its just your sympathy for buddhism which makes all that ignorance.

Again, they do not believe in supernatural being because according to Buddhism we are all supernatural being with superabilities.

We have had this conversation before, L, and actually it is you who is mistaken. A temple does not have to be connected to a religion. A temple is a building that is dedicated to something in particular, like a temple of roses, for example.

Wolverine can regenerate...BM and Flombie can reicarnate...

Only thing that I conclude that you two dont understand concept of Buddhism.

You choose to believe that there is possobility that you were once "angel", rat, golden fish and that in future you might be Platypus due reincarnation.

Philosophy work differently. In philosophy no one collects poens.

Edited by the L

Sorry BM but we talked once and I shown you that it is religion. Its just your sympathy for buddhism which makes all that ignorance.

Buddhism is Not a Religion: The God Problem

Read more: http://blog.beliefne...l#ixzz2AIaosTip

Misunderstanding Buddhism - Buddhism: Philosophy or Religion? - http://buddhism.abou.../philosophy.htm

The wisdom of the Buddha is currently trapped within the religion of Buddhism. Even in the West, where scientists and Buddhist contemplatives now collaborate in studying the effects of meditation on the brain, Buddhism remains an utterly parochial concern. While it may be true enough to say (as many Buddhist practitioners allege) that “Buddhism is not a religion, most Buddhists worldwide practice it as such, in many of the naive, petitionary, and superstitious ways in which all religions are practiced. Needless to say, all non-Buddhists believe Buddhism to be a religion—and, what is more, they are quite certain that it is the wrong religion. http://www.shambhala...=2903Itemid=247

2. Buddhism is strictly not a religion in the context of being a faith and worship owing allegiance to a supernatural being. - http://www.buddhanet.../snapshot01.htm Buddhist studies are full of sympathy too

Basic Buddhism a philosophy, not a religion

The Dalai Lama, who is in Washington, DC for a ten day event, has written: “I have come to the conclusion that whether or not a person is a religious believer does not matter much. Far more important is that they be a good human being.”. . . “That is why I sometimes say that religion is something we can perhaps do without.” . http://www.washingto...LkZ3H_blog.html

I think if that is the case, then those Buddhist sites and the study of Buddhism are all just full of ...... sympathy and ignorance.. !!

I think all of us that agree it is not a religion but a philosophy and the many Buddhist study sites that say the same thing.. We are all wrong and a young guy on a forum is correct ..because no one collects poems lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Please BM, tell me that you isnt serious?

Everyone who knows me here knows that I like Buddhism and that I like all wierd, bizzare, impossible ideas, theories, hypothesis. But this is even much for me.

We can argue then do any religion exist. There is difference between followers of religion person, spiritual leader what Buddha was and followers of , for example, Boethius.

There is difference between Buddhism temple and Hume Club. Can we found philosophy in Buddhism? Sure. But same as we can found it in Christianity or Hindu.

I can mentioned numerous Christian philosophers yet Christianity isnt philosophy. In fact more major philosophers were Christians then Buddhists.

Could one worship Hegel as God? Or demi-god? Sure. Being Monk of Hegel , priest of Hegel isnt same as followers of Hegel.

To me is even apsurd to discuss that matter . Even I adores alternative views.

To be true Buddhist you must believe in reincarnation hypothesis. Either would it be good reincarbation or bad it depends on your Karma.

Unless you can proove that Reincarnation exist we are talking about Religion. Its organized religion with hierarchy structure.

You might twisted Buddhism and took some of Buddha teaching and follow it. That doesnt made you Buddhist.

Please BM, tell me that you isnt serious?

Ohhh ok then.............. I isn't serious

Everyone who knows me here knows that I like Buddhism

Yes.. well then that does it for me.. you are right and everyone else including those study sites are wrong..

L if you ever start up your own religion.. sign me up .. lol :P

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

you are right and everyone else including those study sites are wrong..

On this Im 100% postive that Im right and those study sites are rubbish non senses. Its either Buddhist propaganda or written by people who dont have a clue about philosophy.

If I start new religion defenetly it will not have reincarnation in it like Buddhism.

On this Im 100% postive that Im right and those study sites are rubbish non senses.

100 % ..positive? I cant argue that.. you win ..And yea they are rubbish.. we should shove it in the nearest bin lorry... or call the council and let them deal with it lol :P

If I start new religion defenetly it will not have reincarnation in it like Buddhism.

What would you have ?

You think that Buddha is different then Jesus? One talked with God other seen previous lives. :w00t:

So if you want to discuss in mockery tone, one have had voice hallucinations other(Buddha) visual.

I know one doctor who worked in Mental institution. There he has one who claimed that he was Napoleon. One was Zhukov and Hannibal.

Woman claiming she is Mozart...

You see where Im going.

You think that Buddha is different then Jesus? One talked with God other seen previous lives. :w00t:

So if you want to discuss in mockery tone, one have had voice hallucinations other(Buddha) visual.

I know one doctor who worked in Mental institution. There he has one who claimed that he was Napoleon. One was Zhukov and Hannibal.

Woman claiming she is Mozart...

You see where Im going.

No...keep going

No...keep going

Well I will try to meditate know. Waiting that my previous lives pictures goes trough my mind then I will continue.

What was you in your previous lives?

What was you in your previous lives?

I was a master swords man that sold odd socks

I dont know if we have lived past lives.. It is not something I would lean on.........But I love to fence and I like socks lol

I was a master swords man that sold odd socks

I dont know if we have lived past lives.. It is not something I would lean on.........But I love to fence and I like socks lol

I thought that you would say something like woman Robin Hood.