Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paranormal Activity instead of Madagascar 3

glorybebe

Parents have told how their children were left 'scarred for life' after cinema staff put on a horror film instead of a cartoon comedy.

There was panic in a Saturday-morning screening when 15-rated supernatural thriller Paranormal Activity 4 started playing instead of PG family movie Madagascar 3.

Youngsters reacted in horror as a 'flashback' scene from the original Paranormal Activity showed a bloodied corpse being hurled at the camera.

http://www.dailymail...nema-staff.html

Yeah....full refund...complimentary tickets...wouldn't cut it for me. Poor little tykes!

• Like 1

LOL

it's probably the best time they've had since last Christmas. Kids love running about screaming in terror.

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 4

Hope it doesn't give those poor kids nightmares.

• Like 2

Those kids need to toughen up. I grew up with far more horrifying horror films & I wanted to see more. B)

• Like 3

Could've been worse.... the opening scene could have been accompanied by the soundtrack: Bawn chicka bomp bawm.... :w00t::whistle:

• Like 3

At least they didn't get a razor blade in their marshmallow.

• Like 2

Oh man, that is so funny but if it happened to me with my son I would be p***ed! It's pretty bad though that you can see a bloody corpse thrown at the camera just by watching commercial breaks.

• Like 1

Kids these days are coddled a bit too much I think. No wonder they don't go out, they're scared of every little thing. :D

Horror movies were my favourite genre of movie for as long as I can remember. Even for books, I loved the Goosebumps series.

• Like 3

Yes, but why is this news? It's called a screw-up, it happens. And hopefully the parents were smart enough to leave the minute it started and get the theatre to put the correct movie on the screen.

• Like 1

As a parent I'd be not happy! Not funny dealing with nightmares or triggering some underlying anxiety issues etc. Who's helping me calm my little boy at 2am in the morning?? Sure all funny if we were talking older kids but 4 year olds? Not funny.

I don't like taking my kids to the movies anymore anyway. The seats are filthy, the price is over-the-top and, usually, the movie is usually pretty lame really and not worth going to see on a big screen.

Yeah kids like horror and gross stuff but can't it wait till ,say, 9 or 10? The little ones brains have enough to deal with.

• Like 2

'We're going to replace their bad sequel with a bad sequel... let's see what happens.'

This installment of Madagascar is an improvement to the original, according to critics.

This installment of Madagascar is an improvement to the original, according to critics.

I couldn't even watch more then half of the first one, but I'm picky about my children's movies... me... a grown woman... ._.

• Like 1

My daughter would have laughed at it all, like she did with the first 2 Paranormal movies... She would feel a bit annoyed though that they didn't show Madagascar 3 ...

• Like 4

As a parent I'd be not happy! Not funny dealing with nightmares or triggering some underlying anxiety issues etc. Who's helping me calm my little boy at 2am in the morning?? Sure all funny if we were talking older kids but 4 year olds? Not funny.

I don't like taking my kids to the movies anymore anyway. The seats are filthy, the price is over-the-top and, usually, the movie is usually pretty lame really and not worth going to see on a big screen.

Yeah kids like horror and gross stuff but can't it wait till ,say, 9 or 10? The little ones brains have enough to deal with.

If they have older siblings and cousins they will already more than likely have been bound & gagged and locked in a closet, beaten senseless out of sight of parents, threatened with death by strangulation and shown internet material that would make a trooper blush. :)

• Like 4

Hahahahah I love it.

"bloodied corpse was hurled at the camera within the first opening minutes"

• Like 1

Hahahahah I love it.

"bloodied corpse was hurled at the camera within the first opening minutes"

The children must have gotten a big surprise.

When did Madagascar get so macabre?

I wonder if the people expecting to watch Paranormal Activity were shown Madagascar?

Edited by Mnemonix
  • Like 1

I participate in bloodied corpse throwing, its actually a very big sport where I come from....wonderful

I think I have ruined horror movies for Becky.. She has watched the making of a few of them, she see's it is all fake and pretend... She doesn't believe in ghosts... After she has seen a few old ones, she seems a bit bored by them ..We watch old horrors that don't have gore in them, they are the best... even though Becky would still say FAKE, she likes to watch for the sake of entertainment... She has no fear, because she is convinced all is fake...

Edited by Beckys_Mom