Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's Up With Youtube?

StarMountainKid

Why do I get this when I go to Youtube on Internet Explorer?

post-50472-0-36592500-1351225244_thumb.j

Maybe, but Youtube works fine on Firefox. On IE the main Youtube page is ok, it's only when I go to a video that this happens. IE works as normal everywhere else.

I've noticed problems with youtube over the last three six months..

There has been a conserted effort on their part to ensure that anyone who uses youtube go through using chrome or via Google. If you are not going through either, you're in for trouble. It seems to me that the motive behind this is user identification & advertising..

It works satisfactorily for me on Internet Exploiter, although there are always glitches, errors & problems of some kind of another of course.

• Like 1

It has been having plenty of problems for me using Firefox as a browser. Firstly the videos playing seem to stop at random times while the buffer is full. on replay of a song the entire song stops working multiple times, i get connection time and outs and somehow many of my videos get deleted upon uploading. The website seems to be on a downward spiral on the backend.

It has been having plenty of problems for me using Firefox as a browser. Firstly the videos playing seem to stop at random times while the buffer is full. on replay of a song the entire song stops working multiple times, i get connection time and outs.

That's not an uncommon fault with Internot Explorer; I think that's just a UTube bug. A way to get round that is to change the resolution, if it's on high resolution change it to 240, say, and then you can set it back to high revolution if you wish.

Obviously, since the Mighty Google Corporation got hold of it, they're not interested in anything other than what they can make out of it in Advertising revenue, of course, hence those really annoying Ads at the start of videos.

That's not an uncommon fault with Internot Explorer; I think that's just a UTube bug. A way to get round that is to change the resolution, if it's on high resolution change it to 240, say, and then you can set it back to high revolution if you wish.

Obviously, since the Mighty Google Corporation got hold of it, they're not interested in anything other than what they can make out of it in Advertising revenue, of course, hence those really annoying Ads at the start of videos.

Thats what Firefox is good for. I installed an AdBlocker extention wich keeps the advertisements from showing before the videos.

Thanks all for your comments. This morning Youtube is back to working normally on my IE.

Well, Youtube is not working for me again now on IE. Same stupid page image that I posted.

The thing that annoys me about YoutUbe is that there's no way to contact them; the only thing they seem to have is "Send feedback", and while you might be able to report a problem, they don't get back to you (because they'd never have the time to get back to everyone, since they don't have many staff or resources, do they, only being owned by the mighty Google corporation). :innocent: The only other thing they seem to have is a page of "FAQs",which are as useless as FAQs always are.

• Like 1

Uninstall / Reinstall flash viewer browser component?

This is what I was going to suggest is to update your Flash and shockwave as well as keeping your browser updated too.

But since you use Internet Exploder then it very well could be outdated programs.

Of course I haven't used IE in two years so I haven't encountered this issue before.

I updated Flash and it's working right now. I updated Flash not too long ago, though.Thanks for the help!

Another thing is the irritating flippancy that they have, I suppose it's part of the Google Corporate Culture or some such drivel, as exemplified by the "witty" error messages, viz:

"Sorry, something went wrong.

A team of highly trained monkeys has been dispatched to deal with this situation.

If you see them, show them this information:"

And then a whole page of code.

Gosh, they're so wiity, aren't they. I really wish i worked for them.

Here's a rule of thumb for the internet: If it doesn't work on internet explorer, but works on anything else, you're good. IE is a plague that just hasn't been done away with yet.