Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Question

camochick

I am going on a paranormal investigation this weekend, with an actual professional group. The leader and her daughter both know me and know I'm extremely sensitive to spirits. I was wondering is there any trick I can use to keep myself calm when they start communicating with me?

Maybe try to prepare yourself mentally ahead of time. Chances are nothing will happen but try to think of different scenarios and how you will handle it.

I'm used to spirits it's just I'm used to being JUST me and the spirits. Instead there are going to be tons of people, and I'm more afraid of people than the spirits. I have anxiety issues with people.

Best thing you can do is back out of it if you have anxiety problems,or you may be come a nervous wreck.Dont put yourself in harms way...not good.

If you feel comfortable with the leader and/or her daughter, stick close to them all night. You could even mention your anxieties to them beforehand and say you would like one or both of them to keep an eye on you.

Try to imagine everyone naked, or if that thought is even more terrifying, visualize them in their underwear.

LOL I think if i imagined everyone naked I wouldnt stop laughing, that might help thanks!

They know about my anxieties and the leader is putting me with her daughter and she knows me very well, we're close friends. She knows about all my past expierences with spirit and shes a japanese witch master so she knows what shes doing. I just dont want to look like a fool because dead people are talking to me and i cant get it on actual footage. Spirits communicate differently with me and i dont like when people are all "ooooh, ya right, you're wrong, crazy psycho!" Which I don't think will happen. I'm expecting it to be fairly uneventful because my classes are in one of the buildings that we are investigating and I feel so comfortable there and I know the spirits are ok with me being there.

LOL I think if i imagined everyone naked I wouldnt stop laughing, that might help thanks!

They know about my anxieties and the leader is putting me with her daughter and she knows me very well, we're close friends. She knows about all my past expierences with spirit and shes a japanese witch master so she knows what shes doing. I just dont want to look like a fool because dead people are talking to me and i cant get it on actual footage. Spirits communicate differently with me and i dont like when people are all "ooooh, ya right, you're wrong, crazy psycho!" Which I don't think will happen. I'm expecting it to be fairly uneventful because my classes are in one of the buildings that we are investigating and I feel so comfortable there and I know the spirits are ok with me being there.

I know it's easy for me to say but seriously, if someone wants to be a jerk about it then ***** em! You know what you're feeling & experiencing. Who cares what they think? Have confidence in yourself & your abilities. I do a lot of crystal therapy. If you can get your hands on some tiger eye that will help with your psychic abilities, amazonite will help with the verbalization & help unblock your throat chakras (which it sounds like one of the issues you may have). I would also recommend some rose quartz to lovingly accept yourself & abilities... and lovingly not give a darn about anything negative anyone might have to say but return their negativity back to them with love & light.

Good luck! I'm excited for you! Please post about your experience. I'll be sending good vibes your way. :)

• Like 2

I am going on a paranormal investigation this weekend, with an actual professional group. The leader and her daughter both know me and know I'm extremely sensitive to spirits. I was wondering is there any trick I can use to keep myself calm when they start communicating with me?

What is the difference between a paranormal investigating group, or a " professional " one?

• Like 2

I know it's easy for me to say but seriously, if someone wants to be a jerk about it then ***** em! You know what you're feeling & experiencing. Who cares what they think? Have confidence in yourself & your abilities. I do a lot of crystal therapy. If you can get your hands on some tiger eye that will help with your psychic abilities, amazonite will help with the verbalization & help unblock your throat chakras (which it sounds like one of the issues you may have). I would also recommend some rose quartz to lovingly accept yourself & abilities... and lovingly not give a darn about anything negative anyone might have to say but return their negativity back to them with love & light.

Good luck! I'm excited for you! Please post about your experience. I'll be sending good vibes your way. :)

People say this ( or close to it ) a lot.

The person posting cares. Otherwise they would not have posted.

• Like 1

People say this ( or close to it ) a lot.

The person posting cares. Otherwise they would not have posted.

Yep, but sometimes people (including myself) need to be reminded that it's not what others think. It's what we think about ourselves. We worry entirely way too much about what other people think. We should wear this, we should act this way, we should have the perfect body, make the right pay grade... we should this, we should that... and it's all a bunch of BS. Meaningless distractions from our true purpose, of what we're really here for.

I'll admit from time to time I need to be reminded not to give a rat's behind about what other people think. It's one of the karmic lessons I'm here to learn. In the end we have one of two choices. We can be part of the mindless masses or we can think for ourselves and be who we are meant to be with poise and grace. I strive to be who I am meant to be with poise and grace.

• Like 3

i talk to them too, and when it gets OTT at times, i just tell my guides to deal with them, and say stuff like " i close off my aura to all spirits except my true white light connections and guides, run all conversations etc through my guides".. if that doesn't work and they are in your face just tell them that you will only talk to one at a time, as generaly there is always one who will take over from the others..

do you shield yourself everyday? my Chinese, qigong master once told me years ago, that just because the phone rings it doesn't mean you have to answer.. in ref to the spirits chatter..

create boundaries.. tell them no.. take control.. it sounds like they are feeding off your anxiety and that could be the type your attracting.. as you are well aware the amount of low lying spirit crap out there is overwhelming.. its a dark, toxic garbage tip.. i don't talk to any of those things anymore.. aim high, not low..

love

• Like 2

Valium.

• Like 2

i talk to them too, and when it gets OTT at times, i just tell my guides to deal with them, and say stuff like " i close off my aura to all spirits except my true white light connections and guides, run all conversations etc through my guides".. if that doesn't work and they are in your face just tell them that you will only talk to one at a time, as generaly there is always one who will take over from the others..

do you shield yourself everyday? my Chinese, qigong master once told me years ago, that just because the phone rings it doesn't mean you have to answer.. in ref to the spirits chatter..

create boundaries.. tell them no.. take control.. it sounds like they are feeding off your anxiety and that could be the type your attracting.. as you are well aware the amount of low lying spirit crap out there is overwhelming.. its a dark, toxic garbage tip.. i don't talk to any of those things anymore.. aim high, not low..

love

All this is good advice.. But I find it better to work through my higher self and ask all connections run through my higher self. You want to talk to me? talk through my higher self and hold the connection there. Guides are good to help translate/ bridge the gaps, but that is just how i work personally. If you have not done any higher self work, then yes guides/guardians are you main port of call. The universal law of free will states that you must ask for what you require, you must learn to be an active advocate for your self. Never assume or expect automatically that you are covered/protected or your guides will counter xyz for you without a understanding/conversation in place. They will not always, because they can not always intervene and plus they want you to learn how to handle all sorts not keep you wrapped up. So ask , ask ask, what it is you require in the sense of working as a medium, and out in the field. You want to establish a connection to your guides/higher self, you want to reroute all connections thru their connections, and you want your boundaries set and known. You also want to shield and ground before hand so that you are able to work with the energy without it changing you/consuming you...

The mindset to develop is to think about how you would make yourself less of a target for any opportunists. Then a plan for dealing with any who try to take it on. At the of the day, those who end up with their back ends handed to them metaphysically, do so, because their was the opportunity for something to do so.

So in summary -

Bring your guides on board

Bring your higher-self on board

Shield

Ground

In the longer term, learn how to how to assist others too in terms of shielding and pushing/pulling energy out of their space/field...., for if so called opportunist can't un-anchor you, they may target the weakest link in the group.

• Like 3

Valium.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Leave the pills in my bottle tho.

• Like 1

Sooooo, Camochick, aren't you going to tell us how it went? :D

I was called into work so I did not get to go... :( I will be going to the next one in the spring.

:( indeed

snapback.pngwith bells on, on 26 October 2012 - 02:29 AM, said:

Maybe...hmmm....maybe....you should have your medications adjusted....

jk :rofl:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There are ghosts and spirits all around us 24/7, who wants to go on a ghost hunt when they are ON all day buzzing around our heads?

You obviously just want to go and scare yourself and do not really want to communicate with the spirit world... It is all a joke to you, and ghosts only exist to scare people in your mind... That is really a sad and pathetic outlook on spirits in general...

Spirits don't want to be seen as things that only exist to scare people, some want to be treated with respect and have a story to tell and a job to do as in acting like Guides and Angels!!

There are ghosts and spirits all around us 24/7, who wants to go on a ghost hunt when they are ON all day buzzing around our heads?

You obviously just want to go and scare yourself and do not really want to communicate with the spirit world... It is all a joke to you, and ghosts only exist to scare people in your mind... That is really a sad and pathetic outlook on spirits in general...

Spirits don't want to be seen as things that only exist to scare people, some want to be treated with respect and have a story to tell and a job to do as in acting like Guides and Angels!!

Ok, whatever. I don't view spirits like that. They speak to me all day everyday, my point was asking because I'm more comfortable around spirits than people and people around here are ignorant and I didn't want to have an anxiety attack. So go tell someone else that they have a pathetic outlook.

• Like 1

Ok, whatever. I don't view spirits like that. They speak to me all day everyday, my point was asking because I'm more comfortable around spirits than people and people around here are ignorant and I didn't want to have an anxiety attack. So go tell someone else that they have a pathetic outlook.

It's always easier to get along with invisible friends...you're right...it's the one's you can actually see that you have to worry about! ;)