Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hurricane Sandy predicted to hit East Coast

Ashotep

The New York area could see around 5 inches of rain during the storm, while there could be snow southwest of where it comes inland, Cisco said.

Both private and federal meteorologists are calling this a storm that will likely go down in the history books.

"We don't have many modern precedents for what the models are suggesting," Cisco said.

Hurricane Sandy may slam into U.S. East Coast as Halloween week "Frankenstorm"

Hope they are wrong. It could be a serious blow to our economy, can't blame Obama for this, plus it will take lives.

Too all the UM members in this area, good luck, be safe.

• Like 3

I read a comparison today of it with the "Perfect Storm" of '91. A hurricane that merges with a nor'easter...sheesh....

• Like 2

I published this curious 2012 Atlantic hurricane forecast on a prominent weather forum April 20, 2012 Post 399. OracleDeAtlantis:

"S" is for Sandy?

7094290081_689c73a64c_c.jpg

I also made a video about the forecast that contains this pictogram. It's interesting, especially if you do a little background research on what it features.

Who knows, the "S" storm could turn into a 2012 doom kick off.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1

Well, here I sit smack dab in its path. I'm really hoping this one veers out to sea.

Im right in its path as well. Im a hour north of NYC. I love this though. Nothing like a major storm. Im just praying no one gets hurt or worse.

• Like 2

I for one am hoping it doesn't hit land. They are talking a billion in damages is possible. That will hurt the economy and you know people are going to die if they stay.

Seems like this year has been the year for weird weather.

• Like 1

I've been sick with a flu bug, but feel a little better.Anyhow, my sister called to say they were stocking up on supplies just in cae it hits,the New York area.

• Like 1

Will this storm be blamed on for an Obama loss due to low turn out of the masses of east coast liberals? I can see the headline now.

Seriously, good luck to everyone in the way. The good thing is you guys are no strangers to bad weather.

I for one am hoping it doesn't hit land. They are talking a billion in damages is possible. That will hurt the economy and you know people are going to die if they stay.

Seems like this year has been the year for weird weather.

Doesn't everyone remember Irene ? We were relatively unscathed ,but Bloomberg actually made a good call ,by making sire we could have evacuations etc. However,other areas north and south of the city,were devastated . People lost homes,businesses .People died.

They're saying this will be worse than Irene .

Places are already selling out of water . Word to the wise ,club soda .Hello . No one buys its,and all the water goes,and people cry .

Club soda is water . Filtered purified . Crack it to get rid of carbonation .

I don't even bother with water .

• Like 2

The weathermen are calling this Frankenstorm. It's supposed to start here sometime Sunday and rain with high winds for 5 days. Monday night through Tuesday will be the worst. Some commute for the work week. Here's the map that shows the storms as of now (as I post). No snow predicted for my area, thank goodness.

http://weather.yahoo.com/?w=12765529

• Like 1

Stay safe everyone, if you can move somewhere out of it's path, all the better.

• Like 1

The weathermen are calling this Frankenstorm. It's supposed to start here sometime Sunday and rain with high winds for 5 days. Monday night through Tuesday will be the worst. Some commute for the work week. Here's the map that shows the storms as of now (as I post). No snow predicted for my area, thank goodness.

http://weather.yahoo.com/?w=12765529

No Halloween .

I'm afraid my decorations are all going to blow away .

• Like 1

Here is a site about preparation. Good luck, Y'all. From my experience the storm is usually not that bad. It is the aftermath. http://www.ready.gov/hurricanes

Edit to add. Get everything out of the yard that might blow around or you might end up with it blowing threw the window. Take in the pumpkins.

Edited by Darkwind
  • Like 1

Spending today taking down everything I have outside my house. Windchimes, flags, porch chairs...everything is coming inside. Really worried about all these trees out front cause they're so big. There's a lot of leaves everywhere but they're all still full of more. Last year I cleaned up a lot of small branches that came down in Irene. My town is watching the rivers closely as we are to expect 5 inches of rain or more from sometime Sunday thru Thursday.

• Like 3

I'm pretty scared too Lilly. They don't seem to be able to say just how bad this storm is going to be, just that all the bad things are falling into place. Make sure to go to page 2 of link. Scary stuff coming.

http://www.boston.co...JdDL/story.html

It's been overcast here for days, but now it's starting to look more threatening. Should start here sometime tomorrow from our local reports.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

It's all those fronts coming together that is going to make things bad, wouldn't be surprised if there's tornado's. Then in some places there could be two feet of snow.

Everyone be safe.

• Like 1

I'm right smack dab in upstate NY, and hoping this won't be as bad as Irene....Can't shut my bedroom door cause of warping. (Also I've been a bit lazy when it comes to fixing it honestly... :blush: )

• Like 1

As a Floridian, I am an old hat at hurricanes. I have been through many evacuations and 3 actual hits. If they are telling you to get out, get out now. Better to err to the side of caution. Take your pets with you. It might be a while before you can get back in to care for them. Emergency vehicles don't run during the storm. Don't go out during the storm, even if it has calmed down. The back side of the eye wall is more fierce than the front side. Have 3 days of food and water for everybody including pets. I actually stock more than that. I do 5 days myself. After the storm take care going out, downed power lines, falling trees, boards, glass and nails can be everywhere. Stay safe all, you are in my heart this full moon.

• Like 5