Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Petition to make devocalization illegal

Keel M.

And BTW, you did imply that you would poison a dog. You said "i'll make you spend your last cent on lawyers and lawsuits, or your dog will accidentally eat something and die."

i never said I would poison a dog, you wanted to see it that way. so you did. it could be other neighbours, the ones that would like to see results, right away, i choose to go longer, more painfull for you route, court, and lawsuite. it wil take time but you will sure learn, once and for all.

obviously we are talking about dogs that bark all the time, i do have problems with OWNERS that let their dogs bark all the time. ocasioanl bark doesn't bother me 1 bit. if dogs barks when someone rings the bell, i allso have no problems with it. but not every minute of every day. so if your dogs barks all the time, you make it stop, anyway you want, i don't care, cuz if i have to do it, you wont like it, and no i would not request court to oreder you to devoc. your dog. your choise how to accomplsh it.

but if i had to choose between devoc, or have aspca take it away to a shelter, which will put it down, cuz very little chance anyne gonna adopt dog that barks all the time. i'd do it. i would not like it, but.. what would you do? give it up and get another that will not be so loud??? i sure would not do it.

also im a big follower of an idea, that the less gvmt tells us how to live the better, thus i will not sign anything that makes gvmt put more laws and restrictions on me. unless there is absolutely no other choice. this is not the case.

Edited by aztek

i'd rather see those that abuse animals, really abuse, put in jail, instead of fines, or slap on the wrist punishment. devocalization is nothing next to that, plus it doesn't hurt the animal.

I'd rather see the same done to them as what they did to the animals. (Unless there is a good reason, such as the dog will have to be put down unless it has the operation.) They are not people, they are degenerate scum. This goes for devocalization too. Do you think it would hurt if I cut your vocal chords?

Edited by Cryptid-Seeker
  • Like 1

tell you what buddy, if you my neighbor, and your dog barks none stop, i will get you get rid of it, and sue the hell out of you, i'll make you spend your last cent on lawyers and lawsuits, or your dog will accidentally eat something and die.

your choice.

You are the type of person who we should make join the army and check for mines by walking in a long line across a minefield. How a human being can be so cold and uncompassionate I cannot comprehend. Dogs are not machines, they are living creatures.

If you don't want a dog that barks, don't get one. :td:

Thats the one of the most sensible things I've heard on this topic.

Edited by Cryptid-Seeker

. Do you think it would hurt if I cut your vocal chords?

really?? grow up kid. don't threaten ppl with physical harm on the internet?

You are the type of person who we should make join the army and check for mines by walking in a long line across a minefield. How a human being can be so cold and uncompassionate I cannot comprehend. Dogs are not machines, they are living creatures.

i can't understand how humans can be so ignorant, and inconsidarete of their human neigbours, actually i can, i see tham here plenty.

Edited by aztek

I'd rather see the same done to them as what they did to the animals.

well you wont, get over it, not that i would not like to see it too. but in reality, punishments don't fit the crimes, even against humans, unfortunatly.

Edited by aztek

really?? grow up kid. don't threaten ppl with physical harm on the internet?

i can't understand how humans can be so ignorant, and inconsidarete of their human neigbours, actually i can, i see tham here plenty.

I didn't threaten you. I was merely saying that you think devocalization wouldn't hurt dogs and that I am sure that if someone devocalized you, you would think it hurt. Dogs are just as important as people. In fact they are more loyal and more caring.

well you wont, get over it, not that i would not like to see it too. but in reality, punishments don't fit the crimes, even against humans, unfortunatly.

You know, I actually agree with you.

I belong to about three groups that are fighting this.

I do a lot of animal rights ,and rescue work .

There's so much going on in this country ,I cannot even begin to post it all.

If anyone is interested ,I will give small synopsis of some of the issues .

There are dog ,cat,rabbit ,and hybrid issues . Every state is different .

We just started work on a case where a woman tortured a dog for weeks,until she slit its throat .

We want felony charges . Seriously . I sometimes cry for hours,just to get it all out of my system .

I wish cat declawing was illegal as well .

• Like 4

While Aztek's words may sound vicious and angry, I agree with him.

He doesn't seem to be talking about dogs who bark occasionally, but dogs that bark incessantly. That means all the time.

People don't seem to have much empathy for other people here. It's very sad, in my opinion, that people can't put themselves in the shoes of a neighbor who is forced to listen to a dog barking constantly.

What are the options if a dog barks ALL the time? The people train their dog ideally. What if they can't? Two options, they get rid of the dog -- which means it usually gets put in a shelter where it probably won't be adopted, especially if it keeps barking, or they put it down. Or they get surgery.

It's a matter of a lesser of a few evils I think.

I don't think this surgery should be performed. I don't think it's kind to the dog at all. But... if it was between a dog's vocal chords and their life... the choice is obvious.

• Like 6

What we need is a technological solution. A collar that converts the audio into something quiet like a whisper. Just think of the possibilities, you could even put them on kids at movie theaters, or while on road trips, etc. That would sell millions!

I'm actually surprised no one has invented something like that yet.

Edited by WoIverine

It's a dog. It's not as if it's being tortured. As far as i can tell, the vet cuts its vocal chords. Most americans ask the doctor do worse to their infant boys at birth.

I am against animal cruelty (for some reason you have to say this, when it should be obvious) but what is more cruel? A shock collar worn constantly (which hurts the animal every time it displays its natural instinct to bark) or a once off operation? Or you could put it down or pay the constant fines while annoying everyone in the neighbourhood.

Human rights do not apply to animals. I think dog lovers should concentrate on the real abuses, like dog fighting or south east asian cultures that skin dogs alive, because the addreniline makes it taste better.

• Like 1

ARF! ARF! ARF! ARF! ARF! ARF! ARF! ARF! ARF! ARF! ARF! ARF! ARF! ARF! ARF! ARF! ARF! ARF! ARF! ARF!

• Like 3

guess you got your common sense gland removed, it is eiher that or getting rid of the dog or put it down, what would you choose? life aint fare and the world is cruel, get used to it. and have them implant your common sense back, it'll help you down the road.

also since when outlawing something stopped ppl from doing it anyway?

Did someone remove your education?

• Like 3

What would you do with a dog that will not stop barking? I've never done this, but I don't have a problem with it.

My cat has her claws, but if she was clawing up all my furniture, I could see myself having her declawed. Well maybe not. She'd just become a full time outdoor cat.

Cat's scratch to wear and sharpen their claws, with a scrathching post and trimming the prooblem is solved (Cat claws can be 'trimmed' like dogs claws and human fingernails).

If you really couldn't stop a dog from barking then you'd have to rehome it. Plenty of options before mutilation.

Like finding out why the dog 'won't stop barking'?

The easy option is to not bother to understand why the animal acts in a certain way but simply multilate it to 'fix' the behavior.

That's not responsibility.

• Like 5

I belong to about three groups that are fighting this.

I do a lot of animal rights ,and rescue work .

There's so much going on in this country ,I cannot even begin to post it all.

If anyone is interested ,I will give small synopsis of some of the issues .

There are dog ,cat,rabbit ,and hybrid issues . Every state is different .

We just started work on a case where a woman tortured a dog for weeks,until she slit its throat .

We want felony charges . Seriously . I sometimes cry for hours,just to get it all out of my system .

I wish cat declawing was illegal as well .

Keep fighting the good fight Simbi.

Proud as hell of you.

• Like 3

I agree with aztec, owners are responsible for their animals behaviour.I live in the country and have many pets

at the moment I have a rooster thats gunna be roast chicken because it cockle doodle doos all day long.

Dogs barking, loud music, earth moving equipment and such that you can hear from inside your house sucks .

Cat's scratch to wear and sharpen their claws, with a scrathching post and trimming the prooblem is solved (Cat claws can be 'trimmed' like dogs claws and human fingernails).

If you really couldn't stop a dog from barking then you'd have to rehome it. Plenty of options before mutilation.

Like finding out why the dog 'won't stop barking'?

The easy option is to not bother to understand why the animal acts in a certain way but simply multilate it to 'fix' the behavior.

That's not responsibility.

Agree with this 100%, people act like they care about their pets but don't spend anytime educating themselves on their the animal or trying to understand the problem.

I have 2 cats and I have read endless amounts of articles etc to try and understand as much as I can. I've also looked at different sides like scientific and "new age" as I sometimes find scientific stuff cna often overlook animal emotions.

Keep fighting the good fight Simbi.

Proud as hell of you.

Same here, her posts always stand out as well. Brilliant human. lol

• Like 2

What ever happened to people training and disciplining their animals? You shouldn't have to de-vocalise, or de-claw. I've met people who treat their dogs like over-indulged children, and let their dogs jump on people and knock them over, or mouth their hands. I think some people get dogs with no forward planning about how much work is required to own one. I am waiting for the day that I meet a husky owner that isn't some wispy little bogan who needs a big dog to bolster their fragile self-esteem. It makes me angry to see people being dragged along by big dogs that they haven't trained properly to walk on a lead.

If your dog ends up at the Lost Dogs Home, and it's not sufficiently trained enough to be a safe house pet, it gets euthanised. People must remember that there is always a possibility that they won't be able to care for a pet forever. People die, pets go missing. If you really love your pet, give it the training to enable it to be rehomed.

• Like 2

i signed it gladly! omg i used to joke about an operation to shut my cat up, never realizing this sort of thing actually is done. i feel terrible for even making a joke about it now. i will not, however, apologize to my cat. he can't read so he will be none the wiser.

Hey J ! I guess that we both live under a rock. I never heard about devocalization either. Then again, I live in a remote village, so a dog's bark is the first line of defence. It's their way of saying "HEY, THERE'S A COUGAR IN THE YARD!"

That's probably why we domesticated them first, I guess, and now we're cutting their vocal chords?... *shakes head*

Hey everybody, I just realized that I'm a caveman!

/I'd sign the petition, but I'm not a citizen. :)

Edited by Likely Guy

It's legal and it is helpful to neighbors. Could be worse.

I think you should try to train first. Then use an anti-barking shock collar.

It's legal...

But that was the major issue regarding the OP... (remember the 'petition' thingy?)

• Like 1

While Aztek's words may sound vicious and angry, I agree with him.

He doesn't seem to be talking about dogs who bark occasionally, but dogs that bark incessantly. That means all the time.

People don't seem to have much empathy for other people here. It's very sad, in my opinion, that people can't put themselves in the shoes of a neighbor who is forced to listen to a dog barking constantly.

What are the options if a dog barks ALL the time? The people train their dog ideally. What if they can't? Two options, they get rid of the dog -- which means it usually gets put in a shelter where it probably won't be adopted, especially if it keeps barking, or they put it down. Or they get surgery.

It's a matter of a lesser of a few evils I think.

I don't think this surgery should be performed. I don't think it's kind to the dog at all. But... if it was between a dog's vocal chords and their life... the choice is obvious.

Yup,get the gang together,and beat the crap out of the *******s complaining about the dog.

Obvious as hell .

What ever happened to people training and disciplining their animals? You shouldn't have to de-vocalise, or de-claw. I've met people who treat their dogs like over-indulged children, and let their dogs jump on people and knock them over, or mouth their hands. I think some people get dogs with no forward planning about how much work is required to own one. I am waiting for the day that I meet a husky owner that isn't some wispy little bogan who needs a big dog to bolster their fragile self-esteem. It makes me angry to see people being dragged along by big dogs that they haven't trained properly to walk on a lead.

If your dog ends up at the Lost Dogs Home, and it's not sufficiently trained enough to be a safe house pet, it gets euthanised. People must remember that there is always a possibility that they won't be able to care for a pet forever. People die, pets go missing. If you really love your pet, give it the training to enable it to be rehomed.

Unfortunately ,we live in a world ,where animals are disposable . Celebrities like Kim Kardashian and the Vick scum ,make it acceptable to not do the responsible things .

When an animal is no longer cool,or a liability ,poof,its replaced.

My cats ruin my furniture . My best friends dogs bark at the slightest sound of intruders . It cannot always be helped when its their nature .

Some people are victims of idiots who live next door ,who cannot mind their own damn business .

It's a sad state of affairs,if the pet owner does all the right things,but the system gives these other people,the power to anonymously call numerous agencies ,and make false complaints . Agents turn up at the doors of innocent pet owners ,all the time.

It's a very biased against the pet owner,system .

• Like 2

Unfortunately ,we live in a world ,where animals are disposable . Celebrities like Kim Kardashian and the Vick scum ,make it acceptable to not do the responsible things .

When an animal is no longer cool,or a liability ,poof,its replaced.

My cats ruin my furniture . My best friends dogs bark at the slightest sound of intruders . It cannot always be helped when its their nature .

Some people are victims of idiots who live next door ,who cannot mind their own damn business .

It's a sad state of affairs,if the pet owner does all the right things,but the system gives these other people,the power to anonymously call numerous agencies ,and make false complaints . Agents turn up at the doors of innocent pet owners ,all the time.

It's a very biased against the pet owner,system .

I agree with all you posted.

But for sake of arguement, I think the barking dog is the one that is kept outside and barks all the time. I had one of these next door at one time. I was so relieved when he got loose and ran away. I'm not one to call the authorities on a neighbor, and talking to them only slowed it down for a few weeks.