Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scariest paranormal experience you've had

KL70

The car incident... definitely the car incident.

I'm glad I was so young at the time, or I might have been one of the ones who went lookin' for "it".

You know I don't see why people are afraid of the supernatural. People are the scariest thing I have ever run across.

I agree I have never been afraid of the supernatural (ok I take that back, when I had my first seance at 12 with my mother and grandmother and something grunted a couple of times in the corner, that scared me. lol). It was just a couple of years ago that I actually got to see my first ghost (only felt them before). It was at work (I worked the graveyard shift of course, lol), and a man was just standing there (there were only two of us in this small building. As I looked at his profile (he was standing sideways to me and looking into an office), he just all of a sudden wasn't there. I was all excited! lol I finally got to see my first ghost! My grandmother had seen multiple ghost throughout her life and even spoke to one. Yes I come from a weird family. lol

• Like 1

I would think this exercise is necessary for a very small portion of society, very very small. I knew a lady with schizophrenia, who saw her face as a demon face in the mirror, she may have benefited from this (it is too late for her now/on earth). But the common public probably not, most are ok with not seeing themselves as a demon and trying to do so may just turn them crazy...

For normal folks this is completely unnecessary. But for those who wish to overcome shadow it's very helpful. Most people do not recognize these parts of themselves unless they are working on awareness.

Edited by Seeker79

I guess this is going to be my first post here. This is my own copy/paste of an event I put on another discussion board quite some time ago. I live in Balsam Grove, NC and the event took place just about a mile from my home:

*With Halloween and Samhain almost upon us, and the 6th anniversary of the strangest and most (almost anyway) frightening thing that has ever happened to me just behind me, I think it is long past time to commit to posterity this true tale. Pull up a seat while I tell you what happened, and, if I'm lucky, maybe you can tell me what I was witnessing....

In the late afternoon of October 1st, 2006, I was still learning to walk again, and I'd decided to take my (disabled) brother to a fishing hole I had found the day before - one that both of us could access, though it was a quarter of a mile down a long forest path marked with the most ominous of "Keep Out" and "No Trespassing" signs. The path was tricky, but in time, the two of us made it down to the water, and my brother promptly caught the biggest rainbow trout that I'd ever personally seen in these parts. I'd made up my mind to return at sunrise the next day to try my own luck.

(edited for space)

I welcome any and all suggestions here... I have no idea what took place, and despite having had many strange occurrances in the deep woods of Maine, New Hampshire, and here in NC, nothing comes close to it... For the record, not one detail has been even exaggerated... it all happed just as I have related above.

Am no expert on these kinds of things, but from what I've read this sounds to me like it was an Elemental.

That is called scrying, one can use a mirror, candleflame, crystal ball, water, etc. My mother tried it and saw a hideous demonic face in the mirror. She never did it ever again and doesnt like to discuss it at all.

What is scrying? Does it have anything to do with Demon's in specific?

In theory, a spirit being could probably use a mirror as a gateway into our world. For some reason that makes sense...

What is scrying? Does it have anything to do with Demon's in specific?

In theory, a spirit being could probably use a mirror as a gateway into our world. For some reason that makes sense...

Scrying I guess is a form of divination. Allegedly, one is able to see their own future through images or the futures of loved ones. But when one uses mirrors, people see horrific images and inhuman entities staring back at them through the mirror.

Allegedly, water, crystal balls, candleflame, etc are far more pleasant medium to use for scrying.

My mother saw an inhuman visage and it was quite muscular too.

I have never had this happen . I would be afraid it was trying to influence me,or hurt me and mine,if I saw something like that .

Even I would go take to a priest if this happened to me.

Then I'd get a Santeria cleansing and exorcism .

That's messed up if its your own face .

*shudders*

It wasnt a human image, the mirror surface appeared to turn transluscent.

Scrying I guess is a form of divination. Allegedly, one is able to see their own future through images or the futures of loved ones. But when one uses mirrors, people see horrific images and inhuman entities staring back at them through the mirror.

Allegedly, water, crystal balls, candleflame, etc are far more pleasant medium to use for scrying.

My mother saw an inhuman visage and it was quite muscular too.

Sounds like a cure for constipation! Hope your mother's doing okay, though.

But seriously, sounds interesting, but rather frightening.

Sounds like a cure for constipation! Hope your mother's doing okay, though.

But seriously, sounds interesting, but rather frightening.

lol... thanks my mother is doing fine, just turned 72.

My mother never messed with scrying ever again since this mirror experience and she refuses to discuss it in detail. It is treated as a taboo in the household.

Am no expert on these kinds of things, but from what I've read this sounds to me like it was an Elemental.

Elemental again. I swear it's a Pokemon.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Only a few times has anything really paranormal happened to me. The most prominent was when I was almost asleep on the top bunk of my sister and I's bunkbed and I felt someone lifting my pillow. I whipped my head around and my pillow dropped immediately. My sister wasn't even awake and if she was doing it the bed would have made noise, being really old and creaky.

The other weird one was when I was spending the night at my grandmas new house like a mile or two away from civilization and I was lying sleepless on the couch across from the door during the windy night. Suddenly something was scratching at the door and making an awful snarling and screeching sound and I was genuinely terrified. I was freaking out really bad when suddenly it and the wind stopped.

Another weird one was when I was apparently awake and having a coherent conversation with my great aunt, I told her what I wanted for breakfast and everything but I didn't actually "wake up" until I was halfway done with my food.

I guess the "scariest" experience was in 9th grade in the gym locker room. i was the only one in there cuz i was like... 5 minutes late (counselor related) and when i got done changing $ shutting/locking my locker i utilized the restrooms and when i came back ALL the locks on EVERY locker were swinging at the same pace in the same direction. even the ones on the walls opposite my locker. other than that my experiences haven't been that scary except for the occasional thing grabbing my legs as i fall asleep or the feeling that i'm falling or in the middle of getting hit by a car (sill while falling asleep). I really enjoy paranormal happening so they really don't bother me

• Like 1

What's the scariest paranormal experience you've had so far and why?

(Hello forum!)

I think, for me, it was a few years ago, when somehow I connected with a person I knew - a friend of a friend - at the moment they were killed in an accident. I was drifting off to sleep, and dreamt of the situation which killed them, at around the moment it occurred; this was confirmed a few weeks later, when I found out about the circumstances and time of death. Within the dream experience, a fatal situation developed without any warning; it was a collision with a specific type of vehicle - inescapable - and that I was about to die. I awoke with a scream.

Most of the other experiences that I can recall, have been bizarre/weird, without being frightening, (with a few exceptions). There was a precursor to the dream event I describe above: a long time ago, a friend of mine took their own life and, again, I got alerted to it in a dream, (waking to find myself dripping with sweat); however that time, I dreamt only of mutual friends frantic with shock and grief - what had occurred was a mystery for a few days until I was told about it.

If I've ever met a ghost, it was as solid-bodied and real as a living person. Not in the least bit unnerving, until it vanished into thin air.

• 1 month later...

Two things ,and I don't mean to sound doubtful .but first,with the intial sounds ,at a hundred feet away,why would you not just Shi.e a light on it ...,and if it was still dark,how do you know the heron landed .It may have been sitting there the entire time .

Lastly,why the hell didn't you just put the pole down ,and try to silently ,walk away to the best of your ability . ...

I don't think I could shine a light on it and I really don't think I could walk away. I would of probably ran and I don't think I would be here still if that was me lol.

My dad said he experinced somthing with his friend while driving down a road late one night His friend with him spoted a young boy with german style clothing and trousers that had strips contected too his trousers.... However, they noticed this boy was going really slow as they got closer the saw that his feet were halfway between concret he disappered right in front of them. They sat thier in shock for a bit then hightailed it out of their Scared the crap out of them these are two teen rural boys rugged types. His friend said on his mothers grave he saw the samething.

Everything about my reaction to what was happening was solely a "common sense call". Running and/or walking in the dark was impossible for me. The light would have revealed my presence and position. And as originally stated, the heron appeared just as the greyest of morning light was starting. I think the naysayer there was a little too excited at the prospect of saying something negative that they forgot to actually READ the story.

I couldn't care less about their opinion here. I had nothing to gain by telling about my experience and the only reason I joined here was so that could tell it (as you can see by my numerous posts)....lol. At least we now have positive proof that trolls really do exist.

Michael

I have seen and heard ghosts here and there, yet I don't think I remember it as been terrifying. Shocking and interesting maybe. I have found what kind of terrified me, was one time I woke up in the middle of the night, and what I heard left me paralyzed in bed. I was living on an Air Force base at the time, my husband was deployed. I had

My kids in my bed, so I ended up sleeping in my daughter's bed. Woke up in the middle of the night feeling strangely

Rested. Now, I know, what planes sound like and what they do on the base, take off, land, flybys, and I hear them

All the time. And they are a loud long rumbles. This was different. It was a low quiet hum like rumble and it

Sounded like it came from the East really quick and the sound disappeared to the west just as quick. Normally, even in the middle of the night, I would get up and look out the window. This time, something just made me feel, I didn't want to. Despite it being a low sounding and quieter hum unlike the planes, I could tell this thing was big. As the sound of it traveled over the house, things in the house rattled from the vibration. Then the sound was gone, and I just laid there freaked out of my mind. To this day, I have no freaking clue what that was, but I knew for sure, it wasn't any normal flying objects.

I have been drug by my ankles out out of bed before. As I got up ready to fight, a young woman was whispering in my ear to stay calm. When it came for me again I met it at the door and an epic bit of combat ensued in my hallway culminating with me pinning its stretchy face on my stairs and screaming at it..

;) ;) this is not some story. It actually happened ;)

Edited by White Crane Feather