Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would you choose VirtualReality over reality?

Render

Would you choose Virtual Reality over physical reality?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Would you choose Virtual Reality over physical reality?

• Yes
    • No

If there was a personalised virtual reality available, adjusted to your dreams and desires. Would you choose it over the real world ?

I chose "No".

While virtual reality has its uses and is fun it is still fake regardless of what desires are made manifest.

I think many of us would like to be in a world, even if it was for a short time, where our dreams were made to seem real and it may offer a sort of comfort but in the end virtual reality is still a lie...a pleasant one but a lie nonetheless.

I don't much care for our world as it is but at least it is real.

• Like 2

One of the most significant problems with some forms of too much early-age "virtual reality" is a disconnection with the "real world"

This does not necessarily apply to adult professionals who use it in medical research, space sciences, etc... but it can happen.

It would be a temporary escape from the stresses of real life but I don't think I would want to stay there.

I would love to try it, but i have a feeling it could become somewhat addictive.

It would be entertaining but not being real would be disillusioning over time and probably lead to melancholy.

Edited by libstaK

For entertainment, not for life, it will always be an imitation of reality.

I have already chosen virtual reality.

• Like 1

Virtual reality would be fun, but I like the unpredictability of the real world.

Virtual Reality can just as unpredictable when based on the real world. But certain variables can be adjusted that the unpredictable things aren't extremely unpleasant, or if they are the response can be smoothly adjusted to make it easier.

I don't much care for our world as it is but at least it is real.

Then why choose it if the choice is available?

Surely "just because it's real" can't be sufficient reasoning to reject a more utopian-like existence?

Or is it?

Or is it because ppl in general feel that they will be rewarded for their hard times and strife, in the end? And virtual reality would be made "too easy" so there is no imaginary reward?

Edited by Render

How do you know we arent already living in virtual reality... :ph34r::w00t:

• Like 2

A perfect life sounds boring. A perfect life for me would involve some form of suffering and adventure and triumph.

Then why choose it if the choice is available?

Surely "just because it's real" can't be sufficient reasoning to reject a more utopian-like existence?

Or is it?

I care nothing for rewards.

I chose reality because that is what I have to deal with. "utopia" is just a dream and usually comes at a terrible price.

Doing drugs is an available choice too but I am not going to engage in that either because it hurts myself and others.

If there was a personalised virtual reality available, adjusted to your dreams and desires. Would you choose it over the real world ?

I voted no.

I would use it as a learning tool and for amusement but my dreams and desires are based on reality.

Could we interact with other users?

That would bring VR into primary reality.

If VR has an effect on real life decisions and relationships does it blurr the destinction between mind and body?

No it seems like it wouldn't be quite right to live like that. I would also think it would be incredibly boring. It seems like I would miss out on so much if I did that.

No .. As hard as life may seem, I'd never replace it with a virtual reality.

On the other hand, I believe our reality is already a virtual reality.

If in the virtual reality, I don't know that Im in a virtual one, then yes, and I can control the world, make things happen like a God.

After all, reality is already an illusion of perception. Who dare to confirm that this reality we're currently in isn't a "Matrix" one?

If in the virtual reality, I don't know that Im in a virtual one, then yes, and I can control the world, make things happen like a God.

After all, reality is already an illusion of perception. Who dare to confirm that this reality we're currently in isn't a "Matrix" one?

The whole question is interesting becuase in the Matrix it was a fake reality but everyones lives where not ones they wanted to be living. But all in all I dont think I would choose to live in a virtual reality. Mostly because Im use to things being harder for me and I guess I would feel that something was missing without the hardships that Iv gone through and overcome

<p>

disillusioning over time and probably lead to melancholy.

That sounds like reality to me.

"Reality" is already an illusion so I vote yes.

http://www.google.co...le Search&gbv=1</p>

The whole question is interesting becuase in the Matrix it was a fake reality but everyones lives where not ones they wanted to be living. But all in all I dont think I would choose to live in a virtual reality. Mostly because Im use to things being harder for me and I guess I would feel that something was missing without the hardships that Iv gone through and overcome

In virtual reality, you still have hardships if made in the right way. Take away probably those that people usually complain why God doesn't do this, why God doesn't do that.

If you're satisfy with the reality, that means there's nothing in this world you want to complain about.